NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Wolfy03 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:05 am

phpBB [video]


Image

Full NBA 2K19 Soundtrack
User avatar
Wolfy03
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:52 am
Location: Serbia

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:22 am

With Travis being the curator I expected something off AstroWorld but still for my taste it's not too bad. Several bangers and I am so damn happy to see Brockhampton getting love!
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 pm

I don't recognise anything, but that's a reflection of how out of touch I am when it comes to music, not the quality of the soundtrack. I'll give it a listen on Spotify.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108646
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Andrew wrote:I don't recognise anything, but that's a reflection of how out of touch I am when it comes to music, not the quality of the soundtrack. I'll give it a listen on Spotify.


I think that speaks more to who they got as curator. Travis Scott is a newer artist with a newer sound so he is more likely to lean towards newer tracks. In years past it has just been 2k curating it themselves correct? Because most 2ks had a more balanced approach to songs where as the vast majority of these tracks released in the last 5 years.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 pm

They've had a couple of other artists curate in recent years, and some more classic tracks/a mix of genres as of late. I've been listening to it for the past hour or so; not bad. Not all of it is really my sound, but nothing bothers me too much.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108646
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Kenny on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Not enough Cardi B.
Image
Dion Waiters thinks you should check out my Sonics 2K17 thread.
User avatar
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:33 pm

2k forget to replace placeholder text (in latin) on upper right for T.Scott's quote :lol:
my NBA2K : YouTube | flickr

my Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
Ayrton Senna
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:33 am

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:45 pm

I just thought he was being particularly erudite.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108646
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 pm

I just noticed lmao. It's not proper Latin (the Lorem Ipsum texts do not make sense), but they're commonly used as filler texts in order to simulate how let's say website will look like when filled with text instead of having empty boxes.

This is the final version btw.. I liked the placeholder text more.

Image

EDIT: Also they still prove spelling is hard with "Nef the Pharoah"
i7-6800K, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
https://www.twitch.tv/thepointforward

ImageImageImage
User avatar
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:00 am

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 pm

The Latin sounds classier, even if it's incorrect.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108646
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Pep on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:00 am

I listened every song and de gustibus non est disputandum, but NaS was right Hip Hop is dead. God I hate those mumble "rappers" and there are too much of them on soundtrack, but what I expected when Travis Scott who is one of them is an executive producer? Why 2k didn't take someone like Pete Rock, Q-Tip or Jazzy Jeff especially that this is 20th anniversary so it should be more classics.
Image
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Image
User avatar
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:30 am
Location: Polska/Poland

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 am

This exactly defines the group of players that 2K prefers.

Wack.

Only Live On Stage looks legit there.
Image
Murat
I wanted you so bad, dear custom title
Contributor
 
Posts: 6249
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:07 am
Location: Middle East

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:47 am

Pep wrote:God I hate those mumble "rappers" and there are too much of them on soundtrack, but what I expected when Travis Scott who is one of them is an executive producer?


Murat wrote:This exactly defines the group of players that 2K prefers.

Wack.

Only Live On Stage looks legit there.



I mean Travis is not really a mumble rapper but yes the soundtrack does have a lot of them. Honestly, I know many of you here are older but it doesn't make sense for 2k to throw old school artists in there to appeal to a small percentage of their player base. The old heads don't sell the same numbers as younger audiences. This is a smart choice financially and culturally to bring in a trending artist and have him curate a soundtrack that is dominated by current, big-name artists.

It's the whole goal of staying relevant like 2k tries to do on social media. I have friends who don't follow 2k but are big into music and are thrilled with the soundtrack. So while many here think its wack, it is, in fact, perfect for the goal of 2k. It's sad but it should be apparent that the older, basketball crowd is not who 2k is looking to appeal to anymore. They want trendy, social media-driven children hyping their cartoonish, arcadey product.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:16 am

LMAO I thought the lorem ipsum was a legit quote
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 13856
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:30 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Pep wrote:God I hate those mumble "rappers" and there are too much of them on soundtrack, but what I expected when Travis Scott who is one of them is an executive producer?


Murat wrote:This exactly defines the group of players that 2K prefers.

Wack.

Only Live On Stage looks legit there.



I mean Travis is not really a mumble rapper but yes the soundtrack does have a lot of them. Honestly, I know many of you here are older but it doesn't make sense for 2k to throw old school artists in there to appeal to a small percentage of their player base. The old heads don't sell the same numbers as younger audiences. This is a smart choice financially and culturally to bring in a trending artist and have him curate a soundtrack that is dominated by current, big-name artists.

It's the whole goal of staying relevant like 2k tries to do on social media. I have friends who don't follow 2k but are big into music and are thrilled with the soundtrack. So while many here think its wack, it is, in fact, perfect for the goal of 2k. It's sad but it should be apparent that the older, basketball crowd is not who 2k is looking to appeal to anymore. They want trendy, social media-driven children hyping their cartoonish, arcadey product.


Legit points. I honestly tried to explain this but my English broke at some point. The soundtrack is wack for me, but it's interesting to see that companies recognize today's hip-hop artists with putting up a few old school tracks.

I felt like they were ignored at some perspective, but I liked it.
Also Travis Scott's new album is decent. An Astroworld track would look good.
Image
Murat
I wanted you so bad, dear custom title
Contributor
 
Posts: 6249
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:07 am
Location: Middle East

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Pep on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:14 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:I mean Travis is not really a mumble rapper but yes the soundtrack does have a lot of them. Honestly, I know many of you here are older but it doesn't make sense for 2k to throw old school artists in there to appeal to a small percentage of their player base. The old heads don't sell the same numbers as younger audiences. This is a smart choice financially and culturally to bring in a trending artist and have him curate a soundtrack that is dominated by current, big-name artists.

It's the whole goal of staying relevant like 2k tries to do on social media. I have friends who don't follow 2k but are big into music and are thrilled with the soundtrack. So while many here think its wack, it is, in fact, perfect for the goal of 2k. It's sad but it should be apparent that the older, basketball crowd is not who 2k is looking to appeal to anymore. They want trendy, social media-driven children hyping their cartoonish, arcadey product.


Yes I can agree with that, youngers gives you more money than olders, but this is 20th anniversary, old gamers remember those times compared to many youngers who 20 years ago wasn't even born, so I think 2k should a little go afront to old fans with that ocassion.
Image
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Image
User avatar
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:30 am
Location: Polska/Poland

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:23 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:I mean Travis is not really a mumble rapper but yes the soundtrack does have a lot of them. Honestly, I know many of you here are older but it doesn't make sense for 2k to throw old school artists in there to appeal to a small percentage of their player base. The old heads don't sell the same numbers as younger audiences. This is a smart choice financially and culturally to bring in a trending artist and have him curate a soundtrack that is dominated by current, big-name artists.

It's the whole goal of staying relevant like 2k tries to do on social media. I have friends who don't follow 2k but are big into music and are thrilled with the soundtrack. So while many here think its wack, it is, in fact, perfect for the goal of 2k. It's sad but it should be apparent that the older, basketball crowd is not who 2k is looking to appeal to anymore. They want trendy, social media-driven children hyping their cartoonish, arcadey product.


True, and to be fair, I don't think many of us were complaining when both Live and 2K were doing the same thing with trendy inclusions in the early to mid 2000s. I think there's value in mixing up genres a bit and including some classic tracks that everyone can enjoy, but they're going to try to appeal to the younger demographic with what's "in" right now and fair enough. I don't mind as the soundtrack has very rarely ever bothered or been a big deal for me, and there's usually at least a couple of songs I end up liking.

That being said, it's a perfect opportunity for a Simpsons quote.

phpBB [video]
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108646
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Midas Touch on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Dommy73 wrote:I just noticed lmao. It's not proper Latin (the Lorem Ipsum texts do not make sense), but they're commonly used as filler texts in order to simulate how let's say website will look like when filled with text instead of having empty boxes.

This is the final version btw.. I liked the placeholder text more.

[ Image ]

EDIT: Also they still prove spelling is hard with "Nef the Pharoah"


Lmfao SKEPTA stays on 2K soundtracks :lol:
User avatar
Midas Touch
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:44 am

Without listening any song (because I honestly don't know any of that track by title), except for that Bruno Mars remix, is this basically a full mumble rap playlist?
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:16 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Without listening any song (because I honestly don't know any of that track by title), except for that Bruno Mars remix, is this basically a full mumble rap playlist?


No
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:18 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:Without listening any song (because I honestly don't know any of that track by title), except for that Bruno Mars remix, is this basically a full mumble rap playlist?


No


Cool then, I'll have volume in my menu
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:20 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:Without listening any song (because I honestly don't know any of that track by title), except for that Bruno Mars remix, is this basically a full mumble rap playlist?


No


Cool then, I'll have volume in my menu


To elaborate, if you hated 2k18's soundtrack you're unlikely to like 2k19. If you found some 2k18 tracks enjoyable, the same can be said for 2k19. They are very similar in terms of musical acts.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm


Return to NBA 2K19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest