Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

NBA 2K19 MyTEAM

Postby Wolfy03 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 am

phpBB [video]

NBA 2K19 MyTeam Blog
Wolfy03

Re: NBA 2K19 MyTEAM

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:22 am

So looks like the defense is not fixed. There is no reaction from Tatum. I understand its a dribble move but it doesn't even start an ankle break animation. Any actual defender would at least attempt to slide over but 2k's AI just lets the ball handler skate by and Tatum immediately chases.
bluejaybrandon

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:48 am

Did they have 3 on 3 last year?

If not, they copied that from nba live lmao
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:52 am

I love how the first in-game/in-camera gameplay snippet they put out actually showcases a flaw in the games defensive AI.... typical 2K. I personally have 0 interest in MyTeam but I can see why others do. So I'll do what I usually do, analyze everything but the actual purpose of the trailer.

#1 - Tim Duncan has a younger/new cyberface and I personally think it looks worse:

#2 - Alonzo Mourning has a new cyberface, and it actually looks quite good despite it's awkward angle:

#3 - The 1976-1977 Sixers have updated classic team jerseys. I'm wondering if they've gone back and updated all the other classic team jerseys too... that would be awkward for me.

Image Image

#4 - The new Grizzlies jerseys are completely wrong... scanned jerseys my ass. Once again 2K never fails to disappoint.

#5- They didn't show Brandon Roy's face which probably means it's going to be the last gen port they've kept in the game files. This also showcases 2K's shady PR practices.

Overall the game has some improvements in the art department (which for the past few years has only really been the nike jerseys/new cyberfaces) but other than that some of the stuff they put out is terrible.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby R4zoR on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:41 am

Yea dunno, i'm not surprised, nor i thought that more would be changed this year. It's good that at least some of the worst looking legends in-game are getting some rework done, like Alonzo, cause he looked burnt/crispy for the past few years. For the Roy face i think it's gonna be the same one they had for 2k18 which is this one https://i.imgur.com/HHrzQAG.jpg

I'm a MyTeam guy so at least its nice, that i won't need to be on 24/7 to not miss the challenges, etc. And the last thing, the jersey colors, they always had issues with them as long as we can remember, it's good for us, cause we can fix them for ourselves, but not so good for the console guys. And i don't think the console guys (especially the younger fans) will flip out over a Grizzlies jersey being off, they want mypark news.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:05 am

At first glance, I thought the grizzlies had a black alternate that I hadn't seen yet
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Vlad2010 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:18 am

OMG, again these stupid contracts. For the most part I neglected to play MyTeam mode precisely because of them :evil:
Vlad2010

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 am

You are seeing the actual in game lighting and body types.

Body types still look like clay, and still have hardly any definition. Lighting is unrealistically dark. And the game looks like it has 2K18 issues.

Lovely.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:42 am

Packs: As a collective, we didn’t feel like you were pulling the cards you wanted at a pace we were happy with. This is something that is going to be improved in NBA 2K19. I’m definitely of the belief that playing with the latest and greatest cards is a lot of fun! The team here wants you to have more of those experiences this year.

One change I really like to pack design this year is that packs are now tiered, giving you a wider array of options when making your selections. Let’s use last year’s Throwback packs as an example here. The pack did not guarantee you a Throwback player, as the name might imply. This year, there is a Throwback pack option that will guarantee you a Throwback player in every single pack! This level of thoughtfulness has been applied across the entirety of the mode. I’m finding the experience this year to be more satisfying than ever before!

I'm glad to hear this, because man, it's overdue. Compared to Ultimate Team, pack value hasn't matched the price. Things like Throwback packs not having throwback players were also ridiculous, so it's great that they've changed their approach to that. Obviously it shouldn't be too easy to pull an MJ or Shaq or other Hall of Famer, but if I'm spending MT/VC on a Throwback pack, I want to actually get a retro player, whoever it may turn out to be. Really it should've always been that way, and it's something that Ultimate Team already got right, but hey, it's a change I wanted to see and they made it, so good stuff.

More content won't go astray, so that's also good news. I'm not really interested in playing MyTEAM online - I guess I'll have to briefly if I need to do it to unlock the Auction House again this year, though - so MyTEAM Unlimited doesn't really appeal to me. It's a cool idea and an extra sub-mode that other people will enjoy though, so I'll still call it a good addition. Triple Threat sounds interesting, though it remains to be seen what the prize odds are like. The updates to the challenges sound good and sensible, as does the new approach to Reward Tokens.

While it is true that we will continue to drop the limited quantity lockers codes from time to time just to keep you on your toes, we have a NEW type of Locker Code for NBA 2K19 that I know you are going to love. This NEW type of Locker Code is one that EVERYONE can put in and try and earn prizes with. Each code will have a usage limitation of 1 on it, meaning you can take your shot at getting the featured prize (usually a card) when you get home from work, or school, or the gym, or wherever your daily life takes you. How cool is that?

I mean, that's not really new at all. That's how a lot of Locker Codes originally worked. It's also how a lot of us ended up with worthless prizes like 100 MT or 200 VC. I think Locker Codes have been a waste the last few years because they've gone the limited quantity route, but when they were doing the random prize codes some years back (again, not a NEW idea), some of the rewards were garbage, so I hope the odds are a little better this time around.

The return of Collector Levels is fine, as long as the rewards are steady and the early ones not too far out of reach. Heat Check Cards are an interesting concept, and probably something you'll be able to take advantage of if you play MyTEAM every day. The 20th Anniversary and new Throwback Collections also sound like good content for hardcore MyTEAM players, kind of like the best and rare inserts in packs of real trading cards. The upgrades to the interface in terms of aesthetics and notifications also seem handy.

All in all, it sounds like good (indeed, great) additions and design choices have been made this year. It remains to be seen whether the content lives up to the hype, what the pack odds are, and so forth, but there are some very solid changes and upgrades across the board, going by the blog.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:15 am

Ronnie2K said Agent 0 is in the mode today on stream. :cry: He and B-Roy were like my two most wanted.

I know most of you already saw, but there's also a thing where you can import your MyPlayers into the mode via the Neighborhood. (Y)
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:36 am

Having a card of your MyPLAYER is definitely a cool addition. I've wanted to see something like that for a while. Great to hear they've licensed Arenas this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:57 pm

Someone (not sure who) said that the MyPlayer card will be capped to like 80.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:34 pm

Also you will not be able to buy packs for VC in Belgium: https://www.2k.com/myteaminfo/be/

We will be continuing conversations with the BGC in order to explain our view on how NBA 2K and MyTeam pack purchases already comply with local laws. If you agree, we recommend that you contact your local government representative to communicate your opinion.

I mean maybe drop all the lights and shiny stuff from the card packs and stop emulating human brain reaction to "winning"...
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Vlad2010 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Vlad2010

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Yeah, I rolled my eyes at their statement and their pleas to the fanbase to petition their local government reps. MyTEAM pack odds and quality have never been particularly good or fair, and these new laws are a response to questionable practices across the video game industry. They don't get to play the hard done-by, blameless victim card here.

As for capping the MyPLAYER card's overall rating, that may not be such a bad thing as long as the individual attributes are fair. From memory, people have proven that the overall ratings for MyPLAYERs are calculated differently to real players, by getting completely different overalls when re-creating their player outside MyCAREER in CAP.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Yeha, the MyPlayer rating is essentially based on number of boxes you fill, funny enough the 80 rating is probably the 85-ish you can upgrade to immediately.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:13 pm

And with that in mind, your MyPLAYER MyTEAM card shouldn't be ridiculously OP, which isn't a bad thing. It strikes me as a novelty for the most part, a bit of a gimmick (albeit a fun idea) that does need to be balanced. The only drawback is that it's restricted to the Unlimited mode, but again with that in mind, keeping it balanced and not too powerful is probably for the best.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:16 pm

Yeah, fairly sure I've seen the idea floating around even here, let alone bigger places like Reddit. That's credit where it's due, but of course we have yet to see how well it will work out.

Inb4 you pay horrendous amount of VC for it.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:40 pm

If you can earn VC at a similar rate as in The Prelude, it may not be as much of a chore as last year. Once again, it's one of those things that remains to be seen.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 pm

I mean it's a way to get people into playing MyTeam which is also heavily monetized. I'd say that first time for free and subsequent updates maybe for up to 500 VC would be fair.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby zetsuboushta on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:06 am

Can anyone give me an advice?
You should complete "single" player goals to access the Auction House. Trouble is that there are two goals with multiplayer. And i have input lag, game is freezing, i actually cannot play online. Last year i collected cards, played domination and so on in single, but now i can't even get market because i simply can't win Unlimited game. It's easier with Triple Threat online, where game isn't lagging so much, but i dunno what to do with Unlimited.
zetsuboushta

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm not that far yet, but the fact you have to unlock the auction house and logo/court/jersey creator is BS.

I finally imported my MyCAREER player; it's just an 80 overall generic version of yourself. It doesn't have your appearance, name, accessories or signature shot. Otherwise I lucked out: I have 85 OVR reward LeBron and Giannis' (LeBron's shot is horrible this year), my player, free agent K. Love, 88 Jokic that I randomly just pulled from a pack and I bought an Emerald David West on the new token market thing.

The sweet thing is you unlock MyTEAM packs for doing other things in the game; when I got my MyPlayer to 85 overall, I was rewarded with a MyTEAM pack which had Ruby Jokic. So I already have a pretty good team and I put 0 effort into the mode.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Ugh, they're doing that again this year? Definitely the wrong way to go, and to include multiplayer tasks to boot defeats the purpose of letting people pick and choose what they want to play in the mode. Do you have to win the game, or just complete it? If it's the former, then that's ridiculous.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zetsuboushta on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Andrew wrote:Ugh, they're doing that again this year? Definitely the wrong way to go, and to include multiplayer tasks to boot defeats the purpose of letting people pick and choose what they want to play in the mode. Do you have to win the game, or just complete it? If it's the former, then that's ridiculous.

Need to win, yes. Actually i changed nickname and name of myteam to make people understand that i need only one game, but obviously it doesn't work. :D
Last edited by zetsuboushta on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
zetsuboushta

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Harsh. Definitely a myopic design choice. I guess they're trying to push the new modes, but basic functionality shouldn't have to be unlocked like that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA 2K19