Some extra info on the already revealed features

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Some extra info on the already revealed features

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Taken from Reddit, where mods got it from 2K. I assume this was the press release or something that got out to media outlets and the NBA2K subreddit put the whole thing down as people there do not want just some picked lines.

Link to the full read:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sqvzne ... HFa2S/view

Condensed version:

MyLeague Online
For NBA 2K19, we invested a considerable amount of time into MyLEAGUE Online with a unified singular goal: Bring everything that is offline directly into MyLEAGUE Online. This means financials/contracts, league expansion, and every other related detail that has been omitted from previous editions. The team did a marvelous job on this goal; the only item that didn’t make it over is in-season Player Training. Everything else is in.

• Some more stuff is mentioned that was also mentioned in the likes of GameInformer article.
  • They also mention more power to league admins.
  • More sliders. A lot more sliders. Note that they specifically mentioned slidiers affecting overall game in MyLeague/MyGM, not gameplay sliders. They honestly do sound great though.
  • Trading draft picks up to 5 years away.

Create a Player
Easily one of our most requested features coming out of 2K18, we’ll be showing this off a little more as we get closer to launch.

So more on this later hopefully with video(s).

Overall looks like they added some more options when it comes to shapes and positions.
Of course question is how much of it will be locked behind VC outside of franchise modes.

MyGM
Players able to choose between story and pre-2K18 MyGM modes. Also comes with difficulty selection - of course you can adjust sliders, so difficulty is presumably just some preset of sliders.

you will find yourself taking the reins of a brand new expansion franchise and all that goes into getting that franchise off the ground.

NBA Draft
an assortment of media pundits will provide insightful analysis on every player as they get selected, while often providing a little bit of context as to why the current team selected them

Historical Draft Classes
I recently had what turned out to be one of my all-time favorite MyLEAGUE sessions where I ran through 40 years starting with the 1976 class and loaded each subsequent class all the way through 2017.

Hmm, so some historical full-NBA rosters might be available after all? I'd probably get the game based on just that.

Player Mentorships
Players are at their peak learning capacity during their first 4-5 years in the league. It is during this time in our game where they will experience their largest area of growth.

CPU teams will be taking advantage of this new feature this year as well. They will always be actively pursuing players to help grow their young star talent. Expect free agency to be…a little different this year thanks to the Player Mentorships feature!

Traded Player Exceptions
trade exception is what is created following a trade where one team moves more salary than it gets in return. The team that traded the larger salary receives a trade exception, which is eligible to be used at any point over the subsequent 12 months. In the game, we allow you to easily see any Trade Exceptions your team has (and those that opposing teams have) in addition to the expiration date for each.

New All-Star Format
They'll follow the two captains model from last year.

Additionally, we now also offer a proper Rising Stars game as part of our All-Star Weekend. A game intended to showcase the young talent of the league, the format will follow the NBA’s lead with Team USA competing against Team World.

New Summer League
Fully replicated Summer League. 5-8 games depending on success.

Injury History Menu
When players become injured, you can visit their injury history page for full details of the injury (date injured, projected recovery date, whether the injury is playable or not, what positive effects a protective accessory might have on the injury, and more).

The injury history is archived for every player moving forward, such that you can review this information BEFORE you choose to mortgage the farm for that next big free agent signing.

Draft Pick Tracking
As mentioned above, up to 5 years in advance.
NBA 2K19 includes a simple new interface that allows you to view all of your owned draft picks for the next 5 years, all in one single menu. This includes all the information you need, including what team the pick originated from, and any details on pick protections (if applicable).

In addition to this, you can toggle over to another view that shows all of your team’s picks (even if you no longer own them) for the next 5 years.

Choose Your Own Rule Changes
Expanding upon the dynamic rule changes from last year, you can now replace the voted on rules instead of praying to RNGsus to get the one you wanted.

New Rule Changes
Examples:
8 teams will still make the playoffs from each conference, however, all 16 teams that make it are ultimately seeded 1 to 16. Yes, this means you can have foes from opposite conferences squaring off in the first round of the playoffs and rivals from the same conference meeting in the NBA Finals.

When this rule is activated, the teams that do not make the playoffs enter into their own bracket. The stakes? The stakes are high! The winner of the lottery tournament will land the #1 pick in the draft, while the remaining lottery picks will be determined by placement in the tournament.
[...]
We actually have a few variants on this rule change where the top pick or top 2 picks are determined by the tournament (the loser in the Finals gets that #2 pick), while the remainder of the lottery picks are determined by team record.

Player DNA
Player DNA is a new feature that ties into it in that it [Create-a-Player] that allows you to download, create, and/or share templates of created players via Edit Player to use in custom rosters or draft classes. With Player DNA, you can choose to import everything about any player (past or present), just the player’s likeness, or just the player’s attributes.

Updated Draft Lottery
NBA 2K19 fully incorporates this new Draft Lottery system [from real life NBA] into both MyLEAGUE and MyGM for your enjoyment. As an added bonus, the old lottery rules have been added as an eligible rule change in the above-mentioned Rule Changes feature.

User Controllable Season Awards
MyLeague now allows players to override awards like MVP, RoY, etc.

On-The-Fly Lineups
little feature that allows you to set quick lineups for different types of situations (Quickness/Fast players, Best Defenders, Best 3-PT Shooters, Best Free Throw Shooters, A full Bench lineup, Your Tallest Players, and a Custom lineup slot that you can use to make your own On-The-Fly Lineup). These lineups are all easily customized by you, the user, and are very easily accessed in-game by pressing down to activating the On-The-Fly-Coaching (OTFC) feature.

Most of this was already in the game IMO, but the custom slot is nice.

Closing Thoughts
Dave Z and his team of Jeff, Tim, Leftos, John, Yu, Daniel, Ash, and Brad put in extra time this year to make all of the above possible for you.

He's alive! :lol:

P.S. This is not the last you will hear from me this year. I’ve actually spent a lot of time helping to revitalize another aspect of the game that I am incredibly eager to tell you about (and I will!). Stay tuned and I’ll see you again before the game launches on September 7th!

Revitalize? Inb4 they treated MyCareer same as MyGM and made no story mode.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Re: Some extra info on the already revealed features

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:33 pm

That's basically the PDF version of the previously posted developer blog: viewtopic.php?f=240&t=105905
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Some extra info on the already revealed features

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Oh, I must've missed it, saw the gameinformer only. My bad.

Feel free to delete then.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Return to NBA 2K19