Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:28 am

So here is a dude that was given access to the game/played. He has about 6k followers, and every one of his tweets today were re-tweeted by the main NBA 2K19 page.


Image


Now, I don't put a ton of stock into this, especially with 2K19 retweeting EVERY tweet. But the part that is funny is: the last one about blow bys. "They still exist but can 100% be stopped". What? And they slowed down the animation itself to achieve this? This seems extremely suspect.

Also, funny that NBA 2K19 would go nuts retweeting all of this (And about defense) without any actual gameplay footage. Makes you wonder... fishing for even more pre-orders?. Going by the gameplay footage Peace showed, this game looks like NBA2K18.5. Skating looks like it's still in the game as well.

If you see any other commentary for people who tried the game, post it here.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:36 am

I don't think that's the main NBA 2K19 twitter account, that's a community account. Yeah it is:

https://twitter.com/2KPROAM
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:37 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:I don't think that's the main NBA 2K19 twitter account, that's a community account. Yeah it is:

https://twitter.com/2KPROAM


Ahh, good call.

Still, the comments he is making are suspect.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:39 am

Yeah people claim its the best 2K every year. He's probably just fishing for likes and attention but we'll see, and he's probably just excited the same way we were after playing last years Prelude.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:42 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Yeah people claim its the best 2K every year. He's probably just fishing for likes and attention but we'll see, and he's probably just excited the same way we were after playing last years Prelude.


True, I was excited after the prelude.

But when the game actually released and I saw/played the official 5 on 5 action, I was completely turned off.

People are also making "fire" comments about the new scoreboard.... they barely changed it at all, nothing special or authentic about it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:20 am

To be honest, he probably wouldn't be playing 2K19, unless he agreed to write that after :D
Just kiddin', but I am not so sure about it.
User avatar
Wolfy03
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:52 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Rosque on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:32 am

Where's that 2K gameplay that peace showed?
User avatar
Rosque
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:39 am

Rosque wrote:Where's that 2K gameplay that peace showed?

viewtopic.php?f=240&t=105846
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Murat on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 am

In previous years we heard similar comments.

Not enough for me to buy the game though. Didn't play 2K since 2K14.
Image
Murat
I wanted you so bad, dear custom title
Contributor
 
Posts: 6249
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:07 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Nikolai1510 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:56 pm

The same game, the same enormous big heads, the same gameplay. Thank you 2k! see you next year (Y)
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:07 am

Nikolai1510 wrote:The same game, the same enormous big heads, the same gameplay. Thank you 2k! see you next year (Y)


I certainly noticed that the big head issue is still in the game. Klay Thompsons is huge.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby TheRocket on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:17 am

The question I wanna ask is, why didn't they fix some of the issues during the year? I mean there were plenty of them, they could had improved defense, clipping, blow by animation etc., and the worst thing is, the patch notes are late big time or non-existent. I mean they didn't fix things that they admit was terrible and needed to be fixed and the people were loud about some of these things and wanted them fixed but they didn't do it and now they present it as fixed for the new game. I mean why is 2k so greedy all of a sudden?

I am going to post a similar post on OS and I honestly expect a ban or a warning at least
User avatar
TheRocket
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:12 am

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:32 am

TheRocket wrote:The question I wanna ask is, why didn't they fix some of the issues during the year? I mean there were plenty of them, they could had improved defense, clipping, blow by animation etc., and the worst thing is, the patch notes are late big time or non-existent. I mean they didn't fix things that they admit was terrible and needed to be fixed and the people were loud about some of these things and wanted them fixed but they didn't do it and now they present it as fixed for the new game. I mean why is 2k so greedy all of a sudden?

I am going to post a similar post on OS and I honestly expect a ban or a warning at least


I tried to make my defense thread noticeable, and loud enough. But I got a ton of pushback here on NLSC, the pushback (if allowed to stay up) would have been the same or worse on Operation Sports.

I put that disclaimer recently on my defense thread (The most recent post) for anybody who wants to come at me again when I show clear video evidence of an issue such as the blow bys, help defense, etc.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:02 am

TheRocket wrote:The question I wanna ask is, why didn't they fix some of the issues during the year? I mean there were plenty of them, they could had improved defense, clipping, blow by animation etc., and the worst thing is, the patch notes are late big time or non-existent. I mean they didn't fix things that they admit was terrible and needed to be fixed and the people were loud about some of these things and wanted them fixed but they didn't do it and now they present it as fixed for the new game. I mean why is 2k so greedy all of a sudden?

I am going to post a similar post on OS and I honestly expect a ban or a warning at least

If they don't really add major changes from year to year, why add stuff like that mid year with less publicity? Save it for next year so you can hype it to get people to believe the game is improved and changed from the year before
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:07 am

With the problems being related to the engine and motion system, it's quite likely that they couldn't push through any substantial fixes (or at least do so without causing a bunch more problems). They can patch a lot more things than they used to, but there are still limitations. Some things are a matter for "next year", as it were.

As I noted in another topic, what bothers me is that things that are now being acknowledged as big problems in the motion system were being hyped as positives this time last year. Stuff like the removal of certain multi-actor animations and collisions, for example. Last year's gameplay blogs talked about how it was intentional, and improved the feel of the game. Now there's an admission that they were actually the result of a big problem that was discovered too late, and didn't produce the results they wanted. On one hand I appreciate the candid truth and transparency, but at the same time I don't like that they flat out lied about it last year. It'd be one thing to kind of skirt around it and hype up the positives while not mentioning the problematic tech in any context, but they specifically mentioned things as improvements in NBA 2K18 that they now admit were problems they tried to fix with bandaid solutions.

Looking back, it's probably why they removed the shot meter/feedback on layups. If people saw that their well-timed releases were missing so often, it'd be more obvious that layups had been nerfed to try to combat the blow-by issues. Probably the same reason it's harder for some Archetypes to dunk. This was apparently done in the name of realistic percentages and whatnot, but really it was done to address a glaring issue with the tech that was too late to fix. Same goes for the multi-actor animations that were taken out to improve the feel of the game, but as noted, were actually removed because they weren't working properly with the motion system.

It's hard not to feel cynical and sceptical in light of that.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108608
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:12 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The question I wanna ask is, why didn't they fix some of the issues during the year? I mean there were plenty of them, they could had improved defense, clipping, blow by animation etc., and the worst thing is, the patch notes are late big time or non-existent. I mean they didn't fix things that they admit was terrible and needed to be fixed and the people were loud about some of these things and wanted them fixed but they didn't do it and now they present it as fixed for the new game. I mean why is 2k so greedy all of a sudden?

I am going to post a similar post on OS and I honestly expect a ban or a warning at least


I tried to make my defense thread noticeable, and loud enough. But I got a ton of pushback here on NLSC, the pushback (if allowed to stay up) would have been the same or worse on Operation Sports.

I put that disclaimer recently on my defense thread (The most recent post) for anybody who wants to come at me again when I show clear video evidence of an issue such as the blow bys, help defense, etc.

It's crazy how hard people defended the game when in reality they should know that no game is perfect
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:15 am

[Q] wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The question I wanna ask is, why didn't they fix some of the issues during the year? I mean there were plenty of them, they could had improved defense, clipping, blow by animation etc., and the worst thing is, the patch notes are late big time or non-existent. I mean they didn't fix things that they admit was terrible and needed to be fixed and the people were loud about some of these things and wanted them fixed but they didn't do it and now they present it as fixed for the new game. I mean why is 2k so greedy all of a sudden?

I am going to post a similar post on OS and I honestly expect a ban or a warning at least


I tried to make my defense thread noticeable, and loud enough. But I got a ton of pushback here on NLSC, the pushback (if allowed to stay up) would have been the same or worse on Operation Sports.

I put that disclaimer recently on my defense thread (The most recent post) for anybody who wants to come at me again when I show clear video evidence of an issue such as the blow bys, help defense, etc.

It's crazy how hard people defended the game when in reality they should know that no game is perfect


It's more that it was blind defense of the game that seemed to be happening. Kind of a "I don't want to believe it" attitude. I'm glad that a couple people who originally argued with me about it, figured out that what I was saying was true in regards to how big the issue was in the game, and came out publically and said it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby StyxTx on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 am

Andrew wrote:......it's quite likely that they couldn't push through any substantial fixes (or at least do so without causing a bunch more problems).


That hasn't stopped them from pushing out patches and updates that screw the game up. :lol:
User avatar
StyxTx
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:54 pm
Location: Victoria, Tx

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby TheRocket on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:46 am

[Q] wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The question I wanna ask is, why didn't they fix some of the issues during the year? I mean there were plenty of them, they could had improved defense, clipping, blow by animation etc., and the worst thing is, the patch notes are late big time or non-existent. I mean they didn't fix things that they admit was terrible and needed to be fixed and the people were loud about some of these things and wanted them fixed but they didn't do it and now they present it as fixed for the new game. I mean why is 2k so greedy all of a sudden?

I am going to post a similar post on OS and I honestly expect a ban or a warning at least

If they don't really add major changes from year to year, why add stuff like that mid year with less publicity? Save it for next year so you can hype it to get people to believe the game is improved and changed from the year before


Yeah but we are talking about things that need to be fixed. Why not fixed them, satisfy your customer, and bring new stuff through the next game. Make the new game about bringing new stuff, not about fixing things that were broken in the past game.
User avatar
TheRocket
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:12 am

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:54 am

StyxTx wrote:
Andrew wrote:......it's quite likely that they couldn't push through any substantial fixes (or at least do so without causing a bunch more problems).


That hasn't stopped them from pushing out patches and updates that screw the game up. :lol:


True. It could be even worse if they tried to push through other things, though!
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108608
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:24 am

TheRocket wrote:
[Q] wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The question I wanna ask is, why didn't they fix some of the issues during the year? I mean there were plenty of them, they could had improved defense, clipping, blow by animation etc., and the worst thing is, the patch notes are late big time or non-existent. I mean they didn't fix things that they admit was terrible and needed to be fixed and the people were loud about some of these things and wanted them fixed but they didn't do it and now they present it as fixed for the new game. I mean why is 2k so greedy all of a sudden?

I am going to post a similar post on OS and I honestly expect a ban or a warning at least

If they don't really add major changes from year to year, why add stuff like that mid year with less publicity? Save it for next year so you can hype it to get people to believe the game is improved and changed from the year before


Yeah but we are talking about things that need to be fixed. Why not fixed them, satisfy your customer, and bring new stuff through the next game. Make the new game about bringing new stuff, not about fixing things that were broken in the past game.

Sounds weird, but its almost a bad thing (for them) if they do a good job. It doesn't leave people wanting more. I mean, if all that stuff was fixed in 2k18 and it gets carried over 2k19 with not many changes (how people joke that new sports titles are often roster updates for the previous game) then people wouldn't have much of a reason to buy the new one. If they made a great game or "perfect" game, people would have less reasons to buy the new one
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:28 am

[Q] wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
[Q] wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The question I wanna ask is, why didn't they fix some of the issues during the year? I mean there were plenty of them, they could had improved defense, clipping, blow by animation etc., and the worst thing is, the patch notes are late big time or non-existent. I mean they didn't fix things that they admit was terrible and needed to be fixed and the people were loud about some of these things and wanted them fixed but they didn't do it and now they present it as fixed for the new game. I mean why is 2k so greedy all of a sudden?

I am going to post a similar post on OS and I honestly expect a ban or a warning at least

If they don't really add major changes from year to year, why add stuff like that mid year with less publicity? Save it for next year so you can hype it to get people to believe the game is improved and changed from the year before


Yeah but we are talking about things that need to be fixed. Why not fixed them, satisfy your customer, and bring new stuff through the next game. Make the new game about bringing new stuff, not about fixing things that were broken in the past game.

Sounds weird, but its almost a bad thing (for them) if they do a good job. It doesn't leave people wanting more. I mean, if all that stuff was fixed in 2k18 and it gets carried over 2k19 with not many changes (how people joke that new sports titles are often roster updates for the previous game) then people wouldn't have much of a reason to buy the new one. If they made a great game or "perfect" game, people would have less reasons to buy the new one


Correct.

It was a very odd thing for 2K17 to take a dive in gameplay after 2017 began, but I believe it was for a reason. The game prior to those patches was fast paced, fun, reactive, etc. All of a sudden, the game was patched to be slow, methodical, players feeling like they are stuck in the mud, etc. Everybody suddenly started complaining about the heavy players. 2K18 gets released, with extremely fast reactive gameplay.......

It's a pattern. I am not saying it's what happened, but it's hard to argue against what actually happened. 2K17 goes from being smooth and fun, to slow and blah overnight.

Its very.... strange.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Gameplay commentary from those who have tried NBA 2K19

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:04 am

I mean just look at how many people still play the old games here on PC and those who are on consoles look back fondly at those games. It's like iPhones. They want you to buy a new one very year at $700 a pop but intentionally slow down perfectly fine older phones to force you to get new ones
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side


Return to NBA 2K19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest