Why we have nothing announced?

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Why we have nothing announced?

Postby Scarecr0w81 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:33 am

Hello why they didnt announced nothing yet aboy 2k19?
Teams, New features , changes? Nothing?
Scarecr0w81

Re: Why we have nothing announced?

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:47 am

VC
VC
VC
VC

Isn't it cool ? :cheeky:
sticky-fingers

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 am

Scarecr0w81 wrote:Hello why they didnt announced nothing yet aboy 2k19?

Because they know people will buy anyways?

They did announce cover athletes, so that is something
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 am

This is nothing new. They did the same thing last year.

You will waiting for a bit longer as well, I don't expect any important details to emerge until the first week of August.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:58 am

in previous years the info distribution would start in July. the games were better too.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:33 am

Murat wrote:in previous years the info distribution would start in July. the games were better too.

I don't remember it being in early July, though. late July probably.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:33 am

Murat wrote:in previous years the info distribution would start in July. the games were better too.

I don't remember it being in early July, though. late July probably.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Wolfy03 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:10 am

Last year we got first overalls around 18th July, first screenshots around 24th July but also we had cover athletes way earlier.
I don't know, but it's kind of weird, all other sport games played their cards, we have already seen some PES gameplay, NBA live gameplay, Madden gameplay, even FIFA leaked gameplay can be find on Internet. 2K served us 2(3) covers and one photoshoped Giannis screenshot.
Wolfy03

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:22 am

2K has been waiting until fairly late in the preview season to...well, really start their preview season, for a few years now. Pre-orders go up way before we actually see much of the game, get the developer blogs, and so forth.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:11 am

[Q] wrote:

Because they know people will buy anyways?

Pretty much this. There's no reason to rush this stuff out when you know the stans will buy the game regardless. That said, it's pretty tone deaf considering the backlash against NBA 2K18.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Manni Live on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:54 am

Nothing new, just how 2K does their roll out. It really does suck though i would honestly like more info on the upcoming game

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 am

Wolfy03 wrote:Last year we got first overalls around 18th July, first screenshots around 24th July but also we had cover athletes way earlier.
I don't know, but it's kind of weird, all other sport games played their cards, we have already seen some PES gameplay, NBA live gameplay, Madden gameplay, even FIFA leaked gameplay can be find on Internet. 2K served us 2(3) covers and one photoshoped Giannis screenshot.

Right... so like I said... late July has been the recent trend as far as getting us more information.....

This is not weird at all for 2K, it's literally the trend over the last few years. They get a TON of pre-orders from the die-hard fanbase that purchases no matter what, and they know that those people will just live with whatever they get. No need to rush for them, they are still in the drivers seat.

Lets be honest, Andrew has mentioned this before as well, the ego of this company needs to be taken down a notch. Unfortunately, the "Mostly negative" consumer reviews, and the comments by the consumers fall on deaf or disconnected ears (Perfect example, the article stating that a part of the user base just wants things for free, instead of acknowledging that we still pay $60 for the base product, with some paying $100 or more). I give major props to EA Sports and NBA Live, who continue to roll out information much earlier, continue to have better interactions with the fan base, and continue to improve the game each year. I'm so frustrated with the management of 2K (Marketing, shady tactics, taking advantage of people), but I don't think it will change any time soon. The "it's a business" excuse (Which I have heard before) does not condone the actions of 2K over the last few years (Especially the last two years). I've also heard numerous times "If you don't like it, don't buy it, its that simple". No, it's not that simple. So as a passionate basketball gamer, I have to just turn a blind eye to the way a company treats it's consumers/handles it's products? It's why even though I didn't play 2K18 much at all, I was very outspoken about the product itself.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:05 am

The whole "it's a business" excuse is indeed a cop out. After all, there are good business practices and bad business practices; fair ways of dealing with your customers/clients, and unfair ways of dealing with your customers/clients. Of course businesses are trying to make a profit and looking out for their bottom line. I think most people understand that, and as long as we're being treated fairly and we're satisfied with the product or service, we'll keep giving a company business.

I tend to think that the people who try to deflect any and all valid criticism with that line, or especially "Don't like it? Don't buy it and shut up!" (and variants of the same sentiment) are the kind of people who believe the only correct, enlightened, and morally upstanding response to any issue or negative situation is a helpless shrug of the shoulders. "What can you do? That's the way things are. That's the real world, kid." Well, some people want to see a change for the better, and if possible, do their part to make it happen, because change doesn't magically occur of its own accord.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby jwin on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:21 pm

andrew, you and some others might remember this, but people united in an effort to get ea to release a patch for one of it's nba live versions, though i don't remember if there was an online petition for it or not, that may be a way to get them to take the complaints about the game more seriously.
jwin

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:40 am

I think 2KSports will probably start announcing before the Live demo is about to drop to snatch any hype they can back to their game.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:37 am

Pdub wrote:I think 2KSports will probably start announcing before the Live demo is about to drop to snatch any hype they can back to their game.

Fuckin assholes. Hope they fail in a few years. I mean this really sucks.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:54 am

Dee4Three wrote:They get a TON of pre-orders from the die-hard fanbase that purchases no matter what, and they know that those people will just live with whatever they get.

Completely accurate statement. I can't believe how the 2K fanbase called 2K18 trash, yet they still got the game anyway (oh wait, it's the "cool" thing to do; gotta keep up that trend!). Not to mention the childish "Live just took another L", or "this is why 2K should make insert sport here games" comments.

In regards to announcements, I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing 2K announces is another Playground like mode, and then retro teams 2K "themselves choose", but then forget to get certain players' licences (what happened to Moses Malone and Dolph Schayes in 2K18? How come neither of them were on the All-Time Sixers roster, yet both made it into LUT 18?) I also kind of think it's strange how 2K16 revealed a bunch of new retro teams...shortly after the UBR got an update, but of course, 2K has to make it seem like they included said teams themselves.
RayRay_953

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 pm

sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Good news if it's successfully addressed this time around, but we heard that defense was a focus last year, too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:05 am

The "Locks" language actually worries me more.

That sounds like it's tailored towards builds in mycareer, or park, or whatever, as opposed to the overall defense in the game.

Anybody else get that vibe from that statement? And what about someone with no lock? Is that blow by territory?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 am

Yes, it sounds like "archetype" for myVCarreer but who knows.

Just hope they will find the good balance between previous 2K and 2K18 for others modes than MyShittyMode.

IMO it also means that they have to work on acceleration and speed factors. Because on all 2K, a fast PG cant really pass a slow Center defender which is totally unrealistic.
Last edited by sticky-fingers on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-fingers

Postby [Q] on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 am

Yeah beefing up defensive archetypes was what it sounded like
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Best case scenario, it's both: defense in general has been improved, with defensive Archetypes being suitably more effective than they were in NBA 2K18/in general. Either way, it remains to be seen, because we have heard that one before.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K19