NBA 2K19 Official Screenshots

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: NBA 2K19 Official Screenshots

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 pm

Whoops...

I've actually messed up my own Twitter handle in a Tweet about an episode of the NLSC Podcast, so admittedly I'm not one to talk. An example of Twitter needing an edit function.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:39 am

Murat wrote:At some point, we should consider the fact that Take-Two Interactive is a commercial company with purpose of making money over video games, instead of an organization that strives to produce the best basketball video-gaming experience possible. Seems like 2K changed their perspective to one that makes them earn money from every aspect; MyCareer, Playground, 2K League. Even though you have the best gamers in universe for 2K League, it's unlike the LoL tournaments; there are limited animations and playbooks. They are a lot actually, but when you have the best gamers out, it's not enough. The main goal of 2K League is making money.

Remember, these games are produced to make money, not to give the best basketball experience. However, this derails the gaming community and makes online basketball gaming worse.

It doesn't matter, they are making a simulation basketball video game. There is nothing to "Consider". They market It like it's focused 100% on basketball, they talk about "Formulas" for the ratings/tendencies that are supposed to emulate real life, they try and make the players look like real life (Well, most of the current players, and I mean faces not bodies) etc. They market it as a simulation experience, therefore it should be a simulation experience. Things that take away from this and deceive the public are things like greed, power, money, etc. This isn't Jam, or Street, etc.

Look at PeacemanNot's comment, it's basically saying " I think NBA 2K18 looked fine, outside of 1 2 3 4 things". We, as regular joes can see these issues upon first view. They are glaring, unrealistic, they are eyesores. It's 2018, and the graphics department in 2K is pumping out more unrealistic graphics/eyesore graphics than what we had in 2013 (When 2K14 for this gen came out).... about 5 years later.. and things look... worse? "Everything looks fine outside the bodies, textures, big heads, bad lighting, bad atmosphere, textures, classic jerseys, classic courts, courts in general, stadiums, classic players faces, etc"..... so basically the game doesn't look fine at all and has a slew of graphical issues.

Which comes back to the gameplay. If the graphics department can fail so miserably, surely 2K must be using that time and resources on the gameplay? Well, not quite. It looks/feels like we received a unfinished product with gameplay elements that look like they took steps backwards. So if that's the case, they must have spent that extra time on mode depth? well.. not exactly, as some of the biggest complaints are centered around the structure of mycareer. etc etc, I could go on and on.

The marketing machine that is Take-Two Interactive works like a charm, because 2K has become the cool thing to play, the "in" thing, it's turned into a weaker product, because the company is comfortable. Don't be the teenager on the block without it, don't be the dude not playing MyCareer, don't be the dude not playing at the Park. Oh wait, you don't have a high enough rating to compete, and don't have the time in your busy schedule to play 4 hours a day (Between school sports, homework etc) or as an adult work, life obligations. Don't worry, you can BUY VC in order to make your player a tad better, don't forget to ask your parents for the money if you don't have it. Oh, you don't look cool on the court, people telling you it doesn't look like you, or your hair is "Whack", don't forget to use your hard earned money on that haircut that makes you look the part. But first, make sure you watch these cutscenes, or wait three hours to connect and get into a game.

Oh, and while you are fattening our pockets with millions of dollars in revenue as a result of our VC insanity, and pre-order madness. We will ignore your requests to include a legend in the game, and will ignore the retired players association request even though we can clearly accommodate the requests. On top of that, all your complaints about VC? Well, you can't have the game for free though!! We will completely ignore the fact that you are already paying $60 for the product, and sometimes $100 or more, and basically call YOU cheap for not wanting to spend even more once you have already purchased the game. Meanwhile, our marketing is targeted the youth/young adults who we want to continue throwing more and more money into our greedy hands.

If you can't tell, I'm super frustrated.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby daavids19 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:05 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Murat wrote:At some point, we should consider the fact that Take-Two Interactive is a commercial company with purpose of making money over video games, instead of an organization that strives to produce the best basketball video-gaming experience possible. Seems like 2K changed their perspective to one that makes them earn money from every aspect; MyCareer, Playground, 2K League. Even though you have the best gamers in universe for 2K League, it's unlike the LoL tournaments; there are limited animations and playbooks. They are a lot actually, but when you have the best gamers out, it's not enough. The main goal of 2K League is making money.

Remember, these games are produced to make money, not to give the best basketball experience. However, this derails the gaming community and makes online basketball gaming worse.

It doesn't matter, they are making a simulation basketball video game. There is nothing to "Consider". They market It like it's focused 100% on basketball, they talk about "Formulas" for the ratings/tendencies that are supposed to emulate real life, they try and make the players look like real life (Well, most of the current players, and I mean faces not bodies) etc. They market it as a simulation experience, therefore it should be a simulation experience. Things that take away from this and deceive the public are things like greed, power, money, etc. This isn't Jam, or Street, etc.

Look at PeacemanNot's comment, it's basically saying " I think NBA 2K18 looked fine, outside of 1 2 3 4 things". We, as regular joes can see these issues upon first view. They are glaring, unrealistic, they are eyesores. It's 2018, and the graphics department in 2K is pumping out more unrealistic graphics/eyesore graphics than what we had in 2013 (When 2K14 for this gen came out).... about 5 years later.. and things look... worse? "Everything looks fine outside the bodies, textures, big heads, bad lighting, bad atmosphere, textures, classic jerseys, classic courts, courts in general, stadiums, classic players faces, etc"..... so basically the game doesn't look fine at all and has a slew of graphical issues.

Which comes back to the gameplay. If the graphics department can fail so miserably, surely 2K must be using that time and resources on the gameplay? Well, not quite. It looks/feels like we received a unfinished product with gameplay elements that look like they took steps backwards. So if that's the case, they must have spent that extra time on mode depth? well.. not exactly, as some of the biggest complaints are centered around the structure of mycareer. etc etc, I could go on and on.

The marketing machine that is Take-Two Interactive works like a charm, because 2K has become the cool thing to play, the "in" thing, it's turned into a weaker product, because the company is comfortable. Don't be the teenager on the block without it, don't be the dude not playing MyCareer, don't be the dude not playing at the Park. Oh wait, you don't have a high enough rating to compete, and don't have the time in your busy schedule to play 4 hours a day (Between school sports, homework etc) or as an adult work, life obligations. Don't worry, you can BUY VC in order to make your player a tad better, don't forget to ask your parents for the money if you don't have it. Oh, you don't look cool on the court, people telling you it doesn't look like you, or your hair is "Whack", don't forget to use your hard earned money on that haircut that makes you look the part. But first, make sure you watch these cutscenes, or wait three hours to connect and get into a game.

Oh, and while you are fattening our pockets with millions of dollars in revenue as a result of our VC insanity, and pre-order madness. We will ignore your requests to include a legend in the game, and will ignore the retired players association request even though we can clearly accommodate the requests. On top of that, all your complaints about VC? Well, you can't have the game for free though!! We will completely ignore the fact that you are already paying $60 for the product, and sometimes $100 or more, and basically call YOU cheap for not wanting to spend even more once you have already purchased the game. Meanwhile, our marketing is targeted the youth/young adults who we want to continue throwing more and more money into our greedy hands.

If you can't tell, I'm super frustrated.

You can not summarize better where the videogame industry is going and many companies that have lost quality in their product by taking money from great masses of people
sorry for my english
daavids19

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:21 am

next step, game as a "service" (pay per month) :roll:
Twitter | YouTube | flickr

Retro Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16
sticky-fingers

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:22 am

The initial ratings don't really matter. Alot of these ratings will fall 2 or 3 points
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:29 am

TGsoGood wrote:The initial ratings don't really matter. Alot of these ratings will fall 2 or 3 points

They do, because it's not just about the ratings.

Kawhi played 9 games last year, a 94 is outrageous. Even if he were to drop a tad, the fact that it's so inflated to begin with is crazy. LeBron James a 98 with how he was defensively last season (Even analytics, which I hate, showed he was like number 157 in the league or something in defensive rating). It's just more marketing with the disregard for how things should be for a simulation game (In comparison to real life). It matters because we as users will have to lower them if we want them to play realistic when we first get the game, and possibly a month or more after, or never if they decide not to lower them.

It's more of 2Ks marketing, trying to get a reaction and attention (good or bad) that also hurts the actual quality of the product.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Wolfy03 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:40 am

Ronnie just posted this, first look at a gameplay soon, maybe?

Wolfy03

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 am

Wolfy03 wrote:Ronnie just posted this, first look at a gameplay soon, maybe?

[ Image ]

Look at the court, look at the lighting. Looks the same if that's 2K19, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:51 am

OMG they change the ... scoreboard :mrgreen:
Twitter | YouTube | flickr

Retro Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16
sticky-fingers

Postby Wolfy03 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:11 am

phpBB [video]

Definately 2K19...
Wolfy03

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:44 am

So there goes my theory that they might have fixed all the courts. Dark stadiums and courts, huge shame.

I'm really starting to wonder what the hell they changed graphically to appease for those who care about that stuff. It really looks the same as 2K18 apart from the scoreboard. We can see a small snippet of gameplay in players in transition, but nothing to really take from as it's pretty short.
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:56 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:So there goes my theory that they might have fixed all the courts. Dark stadiums and courts, huge shame.

I'm really starting to wonder what the hell they changed graphically to appease for those who care about that stuff. It really looks the same as 2K18 apart from the scoreboard. We can see a small snippet of gameplay in players in transition, but nothing to really take from as it's pretty short.

That court color is the same as 2K18. That wood is unrealistically dark, it's all wrong. The stadium is dark as hell. I swear they do this shit on purpose.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TwisT on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am

Image Image
Checkout my artwork: Artstation - Instagram - Twitter
TwisT

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:09 am

Once again, exact same format. Under the head shot, exaggerated sweat. I'm surprised no one else is talking about this on OS or the 2K subreddit.
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:17 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Once again, exact same format. Under the head shot, exaggerated sweat. I'm surprised no one else is talking about this on OS or the 2K subreddit.

Why are you surprised? It's part of the reason they get away with this crap every year. They are clearly trying to make the graphics look different in order to reel in all the pre-orders they can, they are being deceptive. This angle doesn't show that the graphics are basically the same, with the lighting/court issues still present.

I feel like I'm being Super negative lately, but I honestly am sick of 2K's crap and how much they get away with.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:22 am

The thing is that even if there are positive aspects to the screenshots - and there are, a couple of the faces have looked better or at least just fine - marginal improvements, bells and whistles like better sweat, and even legacy cosmetic issues are the least of our worries with NBA 2K19. It's what has or hasn't happened in terms of gameplay and mode improvements, so I'm personally neither encouraged nor discouraged by the screenshots. They were never going to address or allay my greatest concerns about the game.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Manni Live on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:23 am

Dee4Three wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:Once again, exact same format. Under the head shot, exaggerated sweat. I'm surprised no one else is talking about this on OS or the 2K subreddit.

Why are you surprised? It's part of the reason they get away with this crap every year. They are clearly trying to make the graphics look different in order to reel in all the pre-orders they can, they are being deceptive. This angle doesn't show that the graphics are basically the same, with the lighting/court issues still present.

I feel like I'm being Super negative lately, but I honestly am sick of 2K's crap and how much they get away with.

Your not being negative you're being completely honest, what i cant understand is why people are opening their eyes out to 2k's bullshit when this has been going on for years now i just dont get it.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 am

Andrew wrote:The thing is that even if there are positive aspects to the screenshots - and there are, a couple of the faces have looked better or at least just fine - marginal improvements, bells and whistles like better sweat, and even legacy cosmetic issues are the least of our worries with NBA 2K19. It's what has or hasn't happened in terms of gameplay and mode improvements, so I'm personally neither encouraged nor discouraged by the screenshots. They were never going to address or allay my greatest concerns about the game.

I totally agree with this, but the graphics issue and deceptive practices are part of a pattern of either staying stagnent, or making things worse. It shows low effort, with the most effort going towards being deceptive in order to get more and more preorders.

Gameplay is 100% the decider for me personally this year, you know how I am about that. If 2K18's gameplay had been sound, or even just slightly better than 2K17, I would have moved on to 2K18. But, I am seeing things that already piss me off about 2K19, and the way the company is handling the preview season, so I am not optimistic about the gameplay in the least.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:29 am

Dee4Three wrote:

Well I'm just little surprised that not a single person has even mentioned the format yet, but complain about it is another thing.

Andrew wrote:The thing is that even if there are positive aspects to the screenshots - and there are, a couple of the faces have looked better or at least just fine - marginal improvements, bells and whistles like better sweat, and even legacy cosmetic issues are the least of our worries with NBA 2K19. It's what has or hasn't happened in terms of gameplay and mode improvements, so I'm personally neither encouraged nor discouraged by the screenshots. They were never going to address or allay my greatest concerns about the game.

Yeah that's definitely true, in the end the gameplay is the most important. Me being big into the art side of the game, I'm just wondering what exactly the art department have being doing the past year other than improving sweat a little bit.
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Dee4Three wrote:I totally agree with this, but the graphics issue and deceptive practices are part of a pattern of either staying stagnent, or making things worse. It shows low effort, with the most effort going towards being deceptive in order to get more and more preorders.

PeacemanNOT wrote:Yeah that's definitely true, in the end the gameplay is the most important. Me being big into the art side of the game, I'm just wondering what exactly the art department have being doing the past year other than improving sweat a little bit.

No doubt. Visuals are obviously important for authenticity as well, and they're what make the first impression, so those issues are definitely worth pointing out and critiquing.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 pm

More shots:

PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:47 pm

PeacemanNOT wrote:More shots:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

So that confirms that the bodies are the same as 2K18. Look at LeBron going baseline on Draymond Green.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Just random things I can notice:

- Look at the crowds jersey textures. They're still using the same textures ported from NBA 2K14 as they have been for the past couple years, that's just great but honestly expected.

- The referees cyberfaces are still the same. I mean it's not a major issue but maybe switch it up a bit, like what?

- It seems like Beats is taking over JBL as one of their sponsors.

I'm honestly interested to see what the hell the art department has been doing the past year, because right now it looks like the same game graphically at least.
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby TwisT on Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Hopefully I can just port over my crowd mod after I make updates to it.
Image Image
Checkout my artwork: Artstation - Instagram - Twitter
TwisT

Postby DanREZx0 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:39 pm

PeacemanNOT wrote:More shots:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Curry looks big lmfao. and his head
DanREZx0

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19