NBA Live 19 Community Impressions & Reviews

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: NBA Live 19 Community Impressions & Reviews

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:03 am

I prefer not having to hold the button down, so I can concentrate on making my move. I'm glad they made it more like 2K's controls in that respect.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:12 am

After not playing NBA live for a couple of weeks picking it up again and finally getting some real playing time in I can see the improvements that the Devs have being making to not only the gameplay but player likenesses as well, it's the small thing that makes for an enjoyable game.

Blocks still can be a problem when going against a good shot blocker but they seem to of fixed it so non shot blockers don't look like Mutombo blocking a dunk anymore but I think I need to adjust the sliders a bit, definitely need to up the user blocks as I can't seem to stop anyone anymore however steals on Superstar are still a huge problem, you can't pass to the corners without it been a 50/50 chance of been stolen.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby StyxTx on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:46 am

I'm pretty fed up with defenders who are behind the person I'm throwing the ball to somehow managing to steal the ball.
StyxTx

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:24 am

Stealing by the cpu on Superstar level is a joke, it's still a major problem. I was playing away Vs the Warriors and they had a hand on almost every pass. Even tho it sucked the amount of turnovers I was getting due to steals it's the no look steals that I hate, you draw the 2nd defender over in the post and kick out but out of nowhere the defender with his back turned jumps out and steals the ball
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:56 am

Cheap steals and blocks are definitely irritating.

Momentum is the other big issue for me. Players still feel a bit heavy and movement feels exaggerated. On the bright side, it does mean better foot planting and less skating, but it also doesn't feel right, or responsive enough. There aren't enough stationery catches on passes. either. Too often, a pass will force a player way out of position, even when the catch shouldn't force them to move at all (or certainly not as far as they end up moving).
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Another problem iam encounting more is defensive player speed once the cpu has picked off a pass at the top of the key and blasts down court for an easy 2 while you are running back like your Jerome James. I think it finally hit home when I was the Kings and Fox couldn't even chase down Kris Middleton or get close to him
mp3

Postby StyxTx on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:53 am

mp3 wrote:Another problem iam encounting more is defensive player speed once the cpu has picked off a pass at the top of the key and blasts down court for an easy 2 while you are running back like your Jerome James. I think it finally hit home when I was the Kings and Fox couldn't even chase down Kris Middleton or get close to him

Who is Jerome James?
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:02 am

A centre that had one decent year for the SuperSonics in the mid 2000s, and then got grossly overpaid by the Knicks; just one of Isiah Thomas' less than stellar moves while he was calling the shots in New York. Among other things, James wasn't known for his speed.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:36 pm

I wish there was better explosion/quickness off of a foot plant on a cut or crossover etc
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:21 pm

That too. Weaker defenders stick with you far too easily, and great ballhandlers still don't feel explosive enough.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:59 am

Andrew wrote:A centre that had one decent year for the SuperSonics in the mid 2000s, and then got grossly overpaid by the Knicks; just one of Isiah Thomas' less than stellar moves while he was calling the shots in New York. Among other things, James wasn't known for his speed.

Ah ok
StyxTx

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 am

[Q] wrote:I wish there was better explosion/quickness off of a foot plant on a cut or crossover etc

I thought this was fine at launch, but now it's ok. I dropped down the difficulty to PRO in Live and I think the game is more true on that level. I had to boost and reduce some sliders to make games more competitive and I think I did ok. But yeah, I went back and looked at some of my launch videos and the game play was MUCH MUCH BETTER overall in terms of pace. They messed with too much.
Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
Twitter: @ThaLiveKing
Facebook.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby mp3 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:57 am

StyxTx wrote:
Andrew wrote:A centre that had one decent year for the SuperSonics in the mid 2000s, and then got grossly overpaid by the Knicks; just one of Isiah Thomas' less than stellar moves while he was calling the shots in New York. Among other things, James wasn't known for his speed.

Ah ok

phpBB [video]
mp3

Previous

Return to NBA Live 19