NBA Live 19 Community Impressions & Reviews

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: NBA Live 19 Community Impressions & Reviews

Postby mp3 on Thu May 07, 2020 6:16 am

Yeah it's funny because I was listening to episode 317 of the podcast while doing the rosters and did that episode ever speak directly to me lol

I mean iam no stranger to creating rosters I've done it from 96 but it's always been add on after add on, maintenance if you will. But to take a roster that is pretty much 18 months out of date and put in work like this my heart goes out to the people that make entire leagues in the forum's, you have my upmost respect!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu May 07, 2020 12:15 pm

[Q] wrote:I think I might still have a roster file for the summer of 2019 plus I added Zion if you want it

Are we able to share NBA Live 19 rosters the "old-fashioned" way?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu May 07, 2020 1:09 pm

That I'm not sure to be honest. I think some trickery will need to be involved to trick the recipient's PS4 into thinking that the file came from it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 07, 2020 1:54 pm

I thought that might be the case. Would be awesome if we could figure something out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu May 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Thanks Eric but I don't think anyone has successfully gotten passed the ps4's coding to make this work, would be cool if we were able to do this for future tho.

Iam purely doing this because I enjoy the nba live, gameplay Vs cpu more, the controls with right stick dribbling is better, play calling is better and overall because it takes me back putting this much time into a roster, editing the players and sliders and seeing how the game changes through theses changes is really just for nostalgia sake but it would be cool if it was shareable and I'd love to get back to doing this like I was doing years ago and really taking it seriously like I did 2002-2010.

The kids of today will never understand that you couldnt just pick up a game on releases day, load the game up then just simply download someone else's work and play the game instantly.
mp3

Postby [Q] on Thu May 07, 2020 5:13 pm

I had been considering picking up a copy of 18 because I had a lot of fun with that, more so than 19. It would take some effort in adding 2 years of rookies and transactions though
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Thu May 07, 2020 7:29 pm

Yeah I have the disk version of it somewhere in a box, no case.

Live 18 was a lot of fun especially once they added roster editing but I still prefer Live 19's overall gameplay plus iam about 8 hours into editing Live 19 so like you said 18 would involve so much more work lol

I know it's roughly 18 months since the release of Live 19 and they did start to update the rosters weekly but the league moves so fast that I was surprised how out of date EA's official roster was as I'd used my own from day one and updated weekly myself up until about Christmas time, stopped then make the trade deadline deals but didn't go back to it.

EA made the updates like Westbrook trade etc but they have guys like zaza still on the Pistons who hasn't played for them for two years just to name an example so you can imagine all the players in between that are on the wrong team or missing from the game.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Thu May 07, 2020 7:32 pm

Iam currently working on the Bulls, here's White and Gafford.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mp3

Postby [Q] on Fri May 08, 2020 2:36 am

Yeah I remember using my own roster for a while because they weren't updating quickly at the beginning of the season and I wanted to have a good roster for career mode. I think I kept it up through Xmas before they started doing better and I just accepted the official one

I miss Live 10 where it was accurately updated by them every day lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Fri May 08, 2020 5:18 am

EA does a really poor job updating the rosters, missing players etc you will have place holder faces in for months, missing players and out of date lineups for online play.

Id love them to bring back daily updates with DNA
mp3

Postby mp3 on Mon May 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Editing the game to change the way it plays from a tendency standpoint really has taken me on the nostalgia train back to 2002 when I first found this site (well the other site before this) and I became editing the player ratings for every player, it was painful but rewarding.

I've experimented with the gamespeed set to 100 and the player movement and feel is much improved.
mp3

Postby [Q] on Tue May 12, 2020 6:23 am

I forget if it was in 18 or 19 that lowering the game speed seemed to help for me
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue May 12, 2020 6:55 am

Well live 19 is dead to me now after all my save files are messed up for some reason, all creative players now overnight look the same, even if I deleted them and try re do them, save it and come back to it and there back to some random likeness.

recreating the players would actually be the easy part, I spent days editing player speed, defense awareness and many more for the entire league... player by player then testing them and really enjoyed the results then it was gone.

After tracing my steps to what could of gone wrong and the only thing other than EA is total BS is that I redid DeAndre' Bembry of the Hawks then went to see him in game, i selected the Hawks "city" jersey then it loaded up and all the created players were messed up, I suddenly thought back to that there was a problem with city jerseys in the passed with the Hawks that if you selected the city with any team it would take you to the Hawks arena despite none of the teams being the Hawks so if this is a new bug that's definitely not gonna get fixed so iam done with it.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 pm

As I said on Twitter, that's brutal. Don't blame you for throwing in the towel on that one, that's a nasty bug.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu May 14, 2020 3:13 am

I've decided to go back at it again, there is no amount of tweaking the 2k sliders that doesn't result in me being able to drive at will and miss layups.

Ive deleted my saves now so hopefully it doesn't happen again.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Tue May 19, 2020 5:22 am

I found a way to maybe share roster files but I think a ps4 tech guru would have to weigh in here with there advice.

The method would only be available to do with trusted people but I noticed you can upload your game saves to the PSN cloud, would it be possible to upload the files, give a friend your PSN log in details, save the files then log back into there PSN and load the game up with other peoples rosters, is that possible?
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue May 19, 2020 12:27 pm

I'm guessing they'd still be tied to an account, so you'd probably have to stay logged into the other person's PSN for it to work. I could be wrong, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed May 20, 2020 1:56 am

Well once again I think iam putting nba live 19 to rest, it isn't filling me full of confidence that the roster won't crash for instance every time I load up the game and work on the rosters the created players get a year younger, Matisse Thubulle is currently 10 years old in the game.

Iam wondering if the game crashed because one or more of the rookies I created reached 0 years old so iam not willing to run that risk again.

I did reach out to some of the dev team I'd spoken too before but as expected I didn't hear back and it's been close to a week now so iam not going further with it.

It's a shame really because I was starting to see some nice spacing, open shots and more realistic contact in the paint but I was actually seeing fewer 3's taken unless your playing the Warriors or Rockets etc but the AI is built in a way that if you give them space they will drive the ball so you naturally want better spacing but that doesn't result in shot selection.

I did have the crazy idea that Eric had to use nba live 18 as a base but I can't for the life of me find the physical disk for it, all I have at my ex's is an empty box but it's probably saving me from myself being missing lol.
mp3

Postby [Q] on Wed May 20, 2020 3:41 am

Not sure what the crashes are from but perhaps it's because they didn't anticipate so many players being created lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Wed May 20, 2020 5:16 am

Well they allow 135 in Live 19.

When I first worked on the game from new I had 70+ created players till I lost my ps4, on the rebuild till the crash I had 61 made.

The game hasn't crashed as I have been running tests the whole way through trying to make it crash so I new how to work around it but not results so I continued but I've not even created 30 players but I've only just noticed this age thing.

Iam just going to stick with 2k till next Gen I think.

Below is the last screen I took of the age thing, it's at 10 now lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed May 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Honestly, it sounds like there are too many bugs to make it worth bothering with. Like a lot of things, it's suffered from a focus on The One, rather than traditional modes, gameplay, and functionality.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed May 20, 2020 3:59 pm

Yeah mate sadly I have to agree,I tried to love the game but it just doesn't love you back lol.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 pm

We're not part of the younger, new demographic they've allegedly been angling for. :(
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed May 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Very true mate!

I think that's why iam not as local on the games like I used too, I know the modes I like and I will only really play them modes mainly franchise.

I respect the other modes and the people who play them but "Keep off my lawn damnit" lol

I think franchise modes are going to come full circle one day, I truly believe that YouTube killed the franchise mode by uploading videos where the creator knows they need content so they blow the team up and make blockbuster trade after blockbuster trade which just doesn't happen in real life (very often) but pretty ever YouTube franchise mode was the same, watch one and you gave seen them all.

I miss the days where people myself included would post the franchise stories here in the forum, it had more if a community feel to it.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed May 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Times and changes tastes change, but the thing is that 2K has something for everyone. On top of specific issues with NBA Live's gameplay, that's where it falls short. You've got to go with the trends, but you need depth as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 19