Courtesy of TILLHOUSE (Content creator)

Pick n Roll

phpBB [video]

Passing

phpBB [video]

Playcalling

phpBB [video]

Game looks smooth
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Gameplay Tutorials

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:31 am

Great tutorials here. From looking at the gameplay you can immediately see the improvements. Animations look more fluid but it still kinda has that robotic feel to it. I'll definitely know by tomorrow how much of an impact RPM has had on the way the game plays.

The games colours look a lot more vibrant too. Just from looking at the Thunder court you can immediately see it, it's a lot more saturated. It just makes the game look better in general. The jerseys share that same improvement also, they look less shiny which something the Nike jerseys don't really have in real life.

Looking forward to tomorrow's demo.
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: Gameplay Tutorials

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Great tutorials indeed. Gameplay is looking a lot better, a lot smoother. Animations have come a long way, hopefully that feeling of fluidity is there as well.

Seems controls are basically the same this year, which isn't a bad thing. My only gripe would be having to hold down the Pick & Roll control to set the pick and hold it until we're ready for our teammate to roll, fade, or slip, as it seems we still have to do that. I do like NBA 2K's approach a bit better there in that you press it once to call for the pick, but don't have to keep holding it down to make sure they stay in position. That allows you to focus on making your move. NBA Live's approach works fine, but it can be a bit clunky at times.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19