NBA Live 19 demo - Available 8/24

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

NBA Live 19 demo - Available 8/24

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 am

DBOYGAMEZ tweeted out: (And EA SPORTS NBA LIVE liked it)

NBA Live 19 Release Dates:

8/24 - Demo
9/3 - 10hr trial with EA Access
9/7 - Official Release

I love what they did with the demo in Live 18, really pumped to get my hands on the game in late August. The trial we had last years really gave me the opportunity to sink my teeth into the gameplay.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: NBA Live 19 demo - Available 8/24

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:36 pm

They took a great approach with the NBA Live 18 demo. The only thing that we couldn't do that you could reasonably expect of a demo was to play with 12 minute quarters, but as it stood, you could play a full game of five minute quarters, which was still an ample taste. Updating the demo with a couple more teams and even some patches based on feedback and the forthcoming Day 1 patch for the full version was huge, too. I expect they'll do something similar with this year's demo.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby jayzmagz on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:37 pm

I too enjoyed the DEMO of Live 18. Also it was a surprise for me when they even updated the demo and added 2 more teams to play with.
If the demo shows promise and my budget permits it, I might buy a basketball game again this year and support EA with their release. If not, no basketball for me again this year.
jayzmagz

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 am

While I enjoyed aspects of Live 18, it didn't hook me. That's what I am hoping for this year. The gameplay is the hook for me, so even if the modes are not incredibly deep, if I get enjoyment out of the on court action, I will put a lot of hours into the game.

Which brings me back to the demo, the demo release will be a big moment for me and so many other gamers. Which is why I love how much they supported it last year, and will probably support it this year. If it feels good on the sticks, and gives a better overall first impression, Live will have a much bigger splash. I'm not expecting them to outdo 2K anytime soon in sales, but it will certainly help them chip away and gain more market share.

I remember that the devs were taking a serious look at video clips from regular dudes like myself and others, and find tuning the demo based on that feedback. I plan on making videos of gameplay footage right when the demo comes out, and implementing any feedback I have ASAP.

It's good to know they are listening.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:21 am

They're taking the community seriously and have been very receptive to feedback. It's definitely admirable, and promising to see.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19