Do you think there'll be an NBA Live 23?

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Will NBA Live 23 happen?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes : 5

Do you think there'll be an NBA Live 23?

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:42 pm

Simple question. We know there'll be an NBA 2K23, but will EA Sports finally return to consoles (and ideally, also PC) with NBA Live 23?

At this point, I feel like there's a better chance of their college basketball series returning, if only because of that Tweet from the official EA account. However, I'd love for there to a viable alternative to NBA 2K again. It's going to take a significant improvement on NBA Live 19's gameplay and modes for that to be a reality, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Do you think there'll be an NBA Live 23?

Postby Ermolli on Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:31 pm

The only thing that could give me some hope is the video from a couple years which was a study of locomotion for EA but besides that, there isn't much to believe EA is doing something for it. Rob Jones and Scott O’Gallagher seem to be working in their future college football game and I read that the ones working on Live 19 got assigned to different EA games so that's that.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:37 pm

Yeah, the reassignments and disassembling of the existing team don't fill me with a lot of hope at this juncture. As I said in an article for Monday Tip-Off last year, the series deserved better, and the long-time fans deserve better in the form an official announcement for closure. It's a real shame.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:54 pm

I think it's safe to say nba live died and isn't coming back anytime soon which honestly is a great loss to the competition of making better basketball video games, iam contempt with 2k23 right now but hearing a nba live comeback would push me to upgrade to ps5
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:57 am

At this point I'm not expecting anything until we hear something more concrete. None of the rumours and speculation have come to fruition so far, so it doesn't pay to get hyped up about the possibility.

Just to plug another Monday Tip-Off article, like I said: Three Years Later, No Developments.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19