Am I the only one who feels like Live rewards intelligent play way more than 2K?

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Am I the only one who feels like Live rewards intelligent play way more than 2K?

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:22 am

I'm still playing Live 19 online via Game Pass. Just took the Bulls into LA (LeBron, AD, Cousins, etc)... the point guard matchup was Kris Dunn vs. LeBron lol... the end of the story is my opponent rage-quitting after I went up by 38. I feel like if this was 2K there would've been absolutely no way to stop LeBron as Dunn, but he was playing dumb and I was playing smart so I smoked him. There's just something about this game I love that I can't articulate...
[Hyperize]

Re: Am I the only one who feels like Live rewards intelligent play way more than 2K?

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:08 am

The artificial boosts of the Badges in NBA 2K are a major factor - and let's be honest, often a major detriment - in the quality of online play. Offline, I still prefer 2K as NBA Live 19 in particular messed up its shooting mechanics with its final patch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Am I the only one who feels like Live rewards intelligent play way more than 2K?

Postby TyraNoah on Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:12 am

Definitely not,
I'm still holding on to the live 19.
TyraNoah

Postby tinpanalley on Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:49 am

I know this is 2 years old, however I wouldn't quite say that, but something very similar. I would say that Live 19 which I only this week discovered gives me a greater sense of control which in turn means I can be more intentional and proactive about what I'm trying to do. So I don't think it necessarily rewards you, but I feel 2K is more demanding of you utilising every tool to succeed. I feel like in 2K if you don't have special moves mastered, you are at a disadvantage, which is really bad for people like me that are bad at remembering the stick combos for skill moves.
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:39 pm

I'd say that's a fair and astute observation. There's something to be said for simplicity, especially when you're focused on the NBA sim side of things and not the competitive online scene with its obsession over skill gaps and meta gaming. Being able to quickly pick up a game and enjoy some virtual basketball is important.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19