Feedback, Suggestions, & Requests

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: Feedback, Suggestions, & Requests

Postby skoadam on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:52 am

Dee4Three, I have Small request, can you please post screenshots of simulated whole seasons from 2k19 and Live ? League leaders(ppg,apg,rpg) , team stats, standings, awards. I want to check how sim engine work.
ImageImage

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [35 Complete Seasons Mods] DOWNLOAD HERE

2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015
2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010
2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005
2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000
1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995
1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990
1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985

ImageLike it? Motivate me for more
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:27 am

Dee4Three wrote:This is where Live 19 comes up short, I am a perfect example of this right now.

LUT has issues with dunk packages not being assigned to classic players. At the moment, my interest in LUT is low or non existent because of that issue, and I don't like playing online.

This leaves me with a bare bones franchise mode where I only have the option to use one current team, and it has to be the current NBA, or play now.... play now would only be suitable right now to make videos for my channel.

I've been able to fix some of the movement issues in 2K19 and give myself a slightly better experience, and while the gameplay isn't as good as Live 19 (I'd give the gameplay on 2K19 a 5/10, and Live 19 a 7/10), 2K19 has more depth. Not just because I'm on PC either, just overall more to do.

This is why it's vital for EA Sports to make the game deeper mode/feature wise for offline players. Once playing online gets tiring to people, or they complete all the challenges on LUT, they won't really want to play the game anymore, they will want something else to jump into. One these teenagers turn into young adults, and alot of them stop playing online or seldom do, most won't just stop playing basketball games, they will change gaming habits.

I want to play Live 19 right now, but I want my games to mean something, and players to play the right way in LUT, so at the moment I'm at a stale mate.

Yeah that's what happened last year where once I was done with the one, all that was left was ultimate team and that kept me busy the rest of the season.

I don't find myself playing as much now, but I haven't gotten to the league yet and hopefully they will fix ultimate team. Court battles is cool, there's a bit of replayability there
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:09 pm

I saw Dee got a response on Twitter regarding the dunk packages being addressed, so that's good news.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:48 pm

I visited a friend of mine the other day and he had Live 19. So, I played it a while and was actually quite impressed.

First thing I noticed was players now shooting more, a lot more, from the outside. This, to me, is a huge step since it was one of my 2 or 3 pet peeves.

The movement of the players, the help on defense, the animations all look great to me.

I do think the blocked shots can be toned down some, but that may be how often they happen in real life since I haven't watched a basketball game in over 30 years. If that is realistic than they are fine in the game.

He is playing The One, which is what I started, but he did say he hadn't seen any injuries in played out games yet. He's only had the game a few weeks, so they may be in there but just haven't occurred yet. But if they aren't, EA really needs to fix that.

Long story short, I ended off buying the game.
StyxTx

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:35 am

No injuries. People complain about how there are too many blocks and steals but honestly, playing the CPU at least, there doesn't seem to be more than there should be.

Right now I've been grinding court battles to get more players and to level up waiting for this Jimmy Butler trade to happen so I can start The League.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Samm on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:50 am

We need the ability to choose dunk or layup options such as flashy, two handed or either hand
Samm

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Since the developers are spending a lot of time over on the official NBA Live Subreddit these days, I thought that I'd compile some feedback from our community and post it over there. If you've got anything to add as far as gameplay tweaks, fixes, and features/content that they might be able to patch in, post it ASAP so I can add it to the list. If nothing else, it can form the preliminary basis of our annual Wishlist, and give the developers an early heads up on what we'd like to see in the next game (if it can't be patched into NBA Live 19).

• Add multi-team control for Franchise.
  • Increase the number of CPU trades and trade offers in Franchise.
  • Add more retro jerseys for each team, in addition to the ones being worn on Hardwood Classics nights this season.
  • Add 5v5 scrimmage option in Franchise.
  • Add the ability to select jerseys on The One Court Shootaround, rather than just using the last NBA jersey/Street outfit worn.
  • Add the ability to share custom rosters and sliders.
  • Fix situations with late game AI where CPU teams will just dribble out the clock instead of attempting a shot, or refusing to foul to stop the clock when on defense.
  • Add new 14 second shot clock reset rule on offensive rebounds.
  • Restrict the use of retired numbers in Franchise and The League.
  • Add an option to view quarter by quarter team and player stats (all modes), similar to the Shot Chart option.
  • Add in-game injuries.
  • Balance inside shooting percentages for user and CPU, especially on higher difficulty levels.
  • Increase player explosiveness in the open court, and on first steps.
  • Add Throwback packs to Ultimate Team.
  • Add some special teams for use in Play Now, such as Decade All-Stars, Draft Class teams, International and USA All-Stars, etc.
  • Add squad options for LIVE Run, with stats tracking.
  • Reduce input lag, online and offline. Jumpshots are virtually impossible online, at least for international gamers.
  • Introduce some kind of penalty for overdribbling/hogging the ball in online modes.
  • Reduce the "pull" of Defensive Assist so that it's more of a defensive crouch control, rather than guiding you out of position on defense.
  • Tone down canned interceptions by the AI, as well as those that come from a bad choice in passing animations.
  • Add proper 1v1 mode (with scoring, not just the scrimmage).
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Andrew wrote:Since the developers are spending a lot of time over on the official NBA Live Subreddit these days, I thought that I'd compile some feedback from our community and post it over there. If you've got anything to add as far as gameplay tweaks, fixes, and features/content that they might be able to patch in, post it ASAP so I can add it to the list. If nothing else, it can form the preliminary basis of our annual Wishlist, and give the developers an early heads up on what we'd like to see in the next game (if it can't be patched into NBA Live 19).

• Add multi-team control for Franchise.
  • Increase the number of CPU trades and trade offers in Franchise.
  • Add more retro jerseys for each team, in addition to the ones being worn on Hardwood Classics nights this season.
  • Add 5v5 scrimmage option in Franchise.
  • Add the ability to select jerseys on The One Court Shootaround, rather than just using the last NBA jersey/Street outfit worn.
  • Add the ability to share custom rosters and sliders.
  • Fix situations with late game AI where CPU teams will just dribble out the clock instead of attempting a shot, or refusing to foul to stop the clock when on defense.
  • Add new 14 second shot clock reset rule on offensive rebounds.
  • Restrict the use of retired numbers in Franchise and The League.
  • Add an option to view quarter by quarter team and player stats (all modes), similar to the Shot Chart option.
  • Add in-game injuries.
  • Balance inside shooting percentages for user and CPU, especially on higher difficulty levels.
  • Increase player explosiveness in the open court, and on first steps.
  • Add Throwback packs to Ultimate Team.
  • Add some special teams for use in Play Now, such as Decade All-Stars, Draft Class teams, International and USA All-Stars, etc.
  • Add squad options for LIVE Run, with stats tracking.
  • Reduce input lag, online and offline. Jumpshots are virtually impossible online, at least for international gamers.
  • Introduce some kind of penalty for overdribbling/hogging the ball in online modes.
  • Reduce the "pull" of Defensive Assist so that it's more of a defensive crouch control, rather than guiding you out of position on defense.
  • Tone down canned interceptions by the AI, as well as those that come from a bad choice in passing animations.
  • Add proper 1v1 mode (with scoring, not just the scrimmage).

Early on I saw a player dribble the clock out with a big lead, but now it's back to taking that last second shot, regardless of how big the lead is. I try to get them to pass me the ball so I can run the clock out. I hope they fix that.

One thing that is a pain in the butt is when I get penalized for "bad call for a pass". Most of the time, when I call for it, I am wide open. The ball handler delays until a defender gets there then throws it. That is not me making a bad call, that is the passer screwing up.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:18 pm

I'm talking about CPU opponents dribbling out the clock in crunch time instead of actively trying to win the game.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:18 am

Andrew wrote:I'm talking about CPU opponents dribbling out the clock in crunch time instead of actively trying to win the game.

I haven't seen much of that in League, which is what I play.

But the game has really gotten bad. I am constantly being stuck on players and even when aiming the joystick the opposite direction, or any direction, my player will just stay stuck to the opponent. I'm seeing my passes going the complete opposite direction from where I am aiming. I'm seeing defenders that are BEHIND offensive players stealing passes constantly. I'm seeing my teammates pass the ball right to the defender in front of them. I'm beginning to see lack of defensive support when someone I'm guarding gets past me.

All this stuff had not been happening early on so I have no idea why it's going on now. Basically, I can no longer move around on my own. I am being controlled by the vacuum effect.

I have tested this by setting my controller on the table and just watching my player moving around the court on his own.

My passes are being decided by the game, not by where I am aiming.

And of course, I get penalized for the things the game is making my player do, for example, leaving the player he is defending (and looking at my teammates, no switch was called because they are still on their opponent), and that's what really pisses me off.

There are just a multitude of things my player does that are out of my control. The game has gotten unplayable in League.

It definitely has something to do with The League mode because when I play world tour none of this stuff happens. NONE. I move around freely. Teammates play defense, etc.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 am

I'll have to play some more League games and look out for that.

In the meantime, keep the feedback coming, everyone. I'll send it along ASAP.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Samm on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:52 am

Nba logos on shooting sleeves

Control over dunks. Be it flashy, either hand or two handed dunks

Update shoes to current releases

Update jerseys to current releases
Samm

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:39 pm

"My passes are being decided by the game, not by where I am aiming."
Dude, passing with X is impossible. It just simply does not go to the logical person. They should just not make cross-court passes possible with X. I have to Direct pass for everything. Even Triangle lob passes into the post are broken, especially after the patches. Last year, it's a nice toss over the top for a bucket. Now it's a flat pass and an interception most of the time

I'd like to see the alternate courts that teams are using in the game. Some teams are doing retro courts (Charlotte) while others are doing alternate courts based on another jersey (Utah). They should be selectable in play now, The League, as well as LUT (choosing from the regular 30 courts are kind of boring)

"Increase player explosiveness in the open court, and on first steps."
Holding R2 for turbo and faster running just does not seem to work when you want it to. Your player will run faster only when the game allows you to. It's ridiculous, my player has 100 speed and he gets caught on fast breaks all the time by everyone.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Samm on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:28 pm

More player body types!!

Expanded roster editing

Adjustable camera angles

More variation in accessories such as varying sock lengths
Samm

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:15 pm

When you say expanded roster editing, what do you mean? Unless we go into detail, we're leaving EA to guess what we really want.

That does remind me of one function that needs to return though: the ability to trade players in roster editing. Assigning players to other teams and moving them through the Free Agent Pool works well enough, but it's a slower process than being able to directly trade players for one another.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:29 am

Andrew wrote:When you say expanded roster editing, what do you mean? Unless we go into detail, we're leaving EA to guess what we really want.

That does remind me of one function that needs to return though: the ability to trade players in roster editing. Assigning players to other teams and moving them through the Free Agent Pool works well enough, but it's a slower process than being able to directly trade players for one another.

Expanded roster editing would be:

1. The option to edit signatures (Shots, dunk packages, etc)
2. The ability to delete players from a roster
3. A more robust create a player feature that allows us to create more realistic faces. We need more options for sculpting, hair, etc.

Those are off the top of my head.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:11 am

Absolutely, those are the kinds of details we need to mention. I'll make sure that I do. (Y)

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Here's a very minor one, but something I do run into from time to time when it comes to screenshots and footage.

• Allow us to quickly and easily dismiss the Alerts that come through (friend activity, etc), for cleaner screenshots and footage.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 19