Details from GameStop Pre-Order Listing

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Details from GameStop Pre-Order Listing

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:26 pm

The pre-order listing for NBA Live 19 over on GameStop has revealed some more details about the game. Among them, there's a new commentary team, and The One begins in high school.

NBA LIVE 19 redefines the way you play a basketball game. Real Player Motion and 1v1 Everywhere gives you control in every possession, providing you the ability to change momentum in any game and dominate your opponent. Pursue basketball glory with the freedom to create your path in The League and The Streets, in the return of THE ONE. No longer a solo affair, build your squad of superstars, legends, and cultural icons to join your quest for greatness on courts across the globe.

Gameplay

• Real Player Motion: Reimagined animation pipelines and player models redefine every move you make with more authenticity, mobility and responsiveness. All new animation sequences and signature styles replicate the movements and mannerisms of your favorite NBA greats providing you with a vast variety of player animations and smooth transitions across the court. From pulling a mid-range basket and dribbling to aggressive defense and post whistle player reactions.
  • 1v1 Everywhere: Change game momentum on every possession with more 1v1 control and responsiveness in all on-ball opportunities and interactivity against your opponent. Just like the best players in the NBA, take control and be aggressive on both sides of the ball to create more space between you and your defender to get open and swish threes or lock down opponents and swat the ball to force a turnover on defense.
  • New Adaptive AI System: Every Game Feels Different. Influence the entire game as your behavior and attitude on the court affects how your teammates and opponents react. Hype up your squad or intimidate opponents and their fans. You want to try and lock down Westbrook? Be prepared for him to come at you. Trying to dunk on players can make you a target for hard fouls, heated exchanges and trash talk. NBA players react just like their real-life counterparts, bringing in a new level of emotion and realism into Sports games.
Presentation

• Live Arena: The action doesn't end after the whistle, so don't let the sideline stop you! Interact with the bench, taunt opposing players, chase the ball into crowd, go hard to the hoop or earn the respect of the crowd, triggering them rush the court after one of your epic plays in The Streets, blurring the lines between what happens on and off the court.
  • Dynamic Commentary: Discover hundreds of hours of new commentary and weekly updates throughout the year to keep each game fresh and exciting. The all-new commentary duo featuring Ed Cohen, voice of the New York Knicks and former Chicago Bull Jay Williams bring you the latest content from around the NBA, Summer Pro-Ams, and global basketball events.
Favorite Ways to Play

Continue your journey to be THE ONE in NBA LIVE 19 and progress through an all-new narrative guided by expanded tools and strategies when building your player with more courts to dominate across the globe. Build your squad and defend your court within an expanded, quest-driven journey for you and your recruited teammates to explore and progress. Compete on courts around the world against new players and legends who join your squad after you've beaten them. Level up and unlock new hero abilities for you and your teammates for more playstyle customization and game-changing skills. Customize your player with even more options for self-expression.

• THE RISE - Define Your Story as you start from High School and progress to legend status on courts in THE LEAGUE and THE STREETS. Increase your stock in performance driven challenges and learn mechanics from iconic players as you rise to stardom. Relive your best and worst moments through Modern Highlights as notable basketball influencers and celebrities mark your achievements on the court. Share in the excitement and disappointments throughout your career reflected by your peers, top streamers/influencers, notable media outlets and ESPN personalities.
  • THE LEAGUE -Live your NBA dream within an authentic, solo-career experience. Get drafted and learn what's it's like to be an NBA prospect, facing challenges and opportunities as you choose your destiny.
    Big Moments: Jump into a challenge and re-play highlights from tip match ups as they happen live within the NBA Season to earn rewards.
  • THE STREETS - Venture beyond The League and into The Streets where the rules and how you earn respect, are different. Play solo, multi-player, or co-op experiences in some of the most storied courts and venues in the world.
    Build Your Squad: Craft the best squad of NBA stars and legends to join you on your career journey. Unlock NBA stars past and present to build your team by playing in match ups within PRO AM World Tour, Live Event Challenges and Global Objectives. Earn skill upgrades, traits, gear and appearance items to customize each player on your team.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Details from GameStop Pre-Order Listing

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Starting from high school sounds interesting.

2K16 in all ways but story had a really good approach going from high school, college, and then the NBA. I wonder what Live's take on it will be. I doubt we'll see college teams.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:18 pm

I could see the streets being the one year you have to spend after high school. It's either that or they're anticipating the league doing away with the one and done rule lol

A new commentary team is an interesting choice. It could be a good way to do away with the old and give it a fresh start audio wise. Also, maybe with not the biggest names for commentary, maybeEA could afford more of their time to record more lines, names, situations, etc
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:08 pm

If only the duo of Mark Jones/Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown could be in NBA Live...

I would buy a PS4 just for this game.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm a bit iffy on replacing Breen and Van Gundy, the lead announce team for ESPN. However, as Q noted, it probably better facilitates the dynamic commentary updates that will be coming through.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the story in The One will gloss over your player's college years, unless they've been able to license a handful of colleges as NBA 2K did.

The main concern here is that there's no mention of Franchise or Ultimate Team. They're obviously in the game, but the lack of a mention does make me wonder how much attention they received. I've heard whispers that both have received a decent amount of attention, but until we hear more, that's going to remain a point of concern.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:50 am

Yeah, I'm now worried.

No mention of franchise mode... not talk of changes. Meaning, it's possible they are going to keep it mostly the same.

I'm bummed right now.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 am

I'm hoping to line up some interviews this year. We'll certainly see what we can find out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mariulis1 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 pm

HI

I want to ask? Buying a game Preorder NBA LIVE 19 ps4 Link
https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/pro ... E19PREORDR

It would not be disk.?

Thanks
mariulis1

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:47 pm

That's the digital version, yes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:12 am

I decided not to use the discounted pre-order option from Live 18 because I wanted a hard copy that I can sell once I'm done. I traded in Live 18 a few weeks ago and got $10 out of it. And I bought it for $40 last year.

But I guess with all these digital sales, you could pick up Live 18 for like $5 and use that to get a discount on 19 and still come out on top
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mariulis1 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:53 am

Andrew wrote:That's the digital version, yes.

I understood Andrew...Thanks
mariulis1

Postby StyxTx on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:08 am

Andrew wrote:I'm a bit iffy on replacing Breen and Van Gundy, the lead announce team for ESPN. However, as Q noted, it probably better facilitates the dynamic commentary updates that will be coming through.

I don't know. I ended turning commentary off cause Van Gundy annoyed the hell out of me.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:27 am

That's fair. I'm admittedly not a fan of Jay Williams, so that's a factor for me as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mariulis1 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 am

HI

where to buy in europe Preorder NBA live 19 ps4 not digital vers. Thanks.
mariulis1

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Where do you normally buy physical copies of games from?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:05 pm

My local store I typically use doesn't have Live 19 listed either, at the moment PS Store seems to be the only option.

i just shot the store a message asking if they'll have box version stocked, they said they currently have no word from distributor about box edition of Live 19. That's in Czech republic (and by extension Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and couple others due to EA Poland being sole distributor).
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Seems to be the same in Australia, actually. The only physical copies I can find are from the US Gamestop site. Even Amazon US only lists digital pre-orders at this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:23 am

USA USA

Proud to be an American lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:14 am

It's funny, because usually you guys would have the digital stuff like streaming services that aren't available abroad (or a bigger selection of content on those streaming services compared to the international versions), and we're the ones still relying on physical media. Well, at least the PS4 is region free, so I can pick up a physical copy for cheap for the collection later on.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mariulis1 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:54 am

HI

Gamestop site Lithuania is unavailable. Only 2K19 preorder can be bought in Lithuania.
I'm looking for English in Europe and I can not find physical copies.

I wonder what copy sells digital or not?

tps://www.zavvi.com/games-ps4/nba-live- ... AWin-73258
mariulis1

Postby [Q] on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:36 am

Like Andrew said, the PS4 is region free so you might need to buy a disc from the US or UK
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mariulis1 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:52 am

[Q] wrote:Like Andrew said, the PS4 is region free so you might need to buy a disc from the US or UK

Yes, I understand but need link from which page.
it's better for me UK.
not everyone sends LITHUANIA.
Thanks.
mariulis1

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:41 am

Not knowing which retailers deliver to Lithuania or not, I can't really suggest anything specific. Check with EB Games (US), or Amazon (US and UK), hopefully one of them will.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mariulis1 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:42 am

HI

Thank you Andrew for offers.
but there is not NBA LIVE 19 ps4 preorder.

link https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... ive+19+ps4
mariulis1

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:50 am

Looks like it's US only, then.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA Live 19