19/20 2k18 Community Rosters *New Season Rosters* [v3 RELEASED!]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

19/20 2k18 Community Rosters *New Season Rosters* [v3 RELEASED!]

Postby Darth-Skinett on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:10 am

New-Season *v3* Release
UAR NBA 2k18 Community Rosters for the 19/20 Season.


Image

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/2019/10/1920-nba-2k18-community-rosters-new.html




BONUS (TNT Studio) Credits to Bongo88

Get more versions of Bongo88 2k18 Studios here
https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=106949


Image


Credits to
Prax, BlueJayBrandon, Shuajota, CSSJO, EndNoteDeath, Torogi, mrk326, Mr.Star, RKJ, Rockprince23, R4zoR, tare850, spacecake, BetterCallSkal, MonkeyManJSV, advinXcola, TGsoGooD, Bongo88
and any other Portrait or CF Maker I forgot to mention
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 141 times in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA 18/19 Community Rosters??

Postby bongo88 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:26 pm

I don't know who Prax is... could you post his roster information.

Personally, the best roster i found is
Albys Realistic Roster.... username: Bad Desire.
Alby used to be active on operationsports... not sure if he posts there any more. I found him to be more active at these other modding forums: https://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showthre ... 55&page=60

His roster is amazing, in my opinion.

anyways, not sure which one is better ... prax or alby ... if you could take a look at them both and see which you like better, that would be pretty cool.

Releasing a roster update is a huge endeavor. Just do what you enjoy doing.
bongo88
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:30 am

Re: NBA 18/19 Community Rosters??

Postby Darth-Skinett on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:37 pm

bongo88 wrote:I don't know who Prax is... could you post his roster information.

Personally, the best roster i found is
Albys Realistic Roster.... username: Bad Desire.
Alby used to be active on operationsports... not sure if he posts there any more. I found him to be more active at these other modding forums: https://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showthre ... 55&page=60

His roster is amazing, in my opinion.

anyways, not sure which one is better ... prax or alby ... if you could take a look at them both and see which you like better, that would be pretty cool.

Releasing a roster update is a huge endeavor. Just do what you enjoy doing.


The link you provided does not work.

You are right @Bongo88 that it is a BIG task but that is why I am suggesting a Community Roster so that what I do not do someone else can...
I will update Rosters, Ratings, basically whatever I can do in Limono's Tool.

BTW. Here is Prax's Rosters
https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105677
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA 18/19 Community Rosters??

Postby bongo88 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:20 pm

ahh, dunno what's wrong with the link.

anyways, thanks for the Prax information. I'll check out his roster.

the alby roster is on the 2kshare... can be downloaded in game. I mostly just use it for cpu vs cpu games playing on the 2nd monitor in the background when i'm doing other stuff. Alby edited lots of stuff, and the cpu vs cup games produce lots of super random basketball... in a good way.

Edit: this play just happened on the second monitor. Had jazz vs heat running cpu vs cpu. i clipped it to show. Sefalosia isn't a super rated AI passer, but play breaks down, Mitchell reads the open lane to the basket, and Sefalosia makes the pass through traffick.

https://streamable.com/fg51q

just clipped it real quick to show you. Lots of good reads on both offense/deffence with cpu vs cpu.

Anyways, I'll check out Prax roster and post here with what i think about it.
thanks for the information.
bongo88
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:30 am

Re: NBA 18/19 Community Rosters??

Postby Darth-Skinett on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:44 am

bongo88 wrote:ahh, dunno what's wrong with the link.

anyways, thanks for the Prax information. I'll check out his roster.

the alby roster is on the 2kshare... can be downloaded in game. I mostly just use it for cpu vs cpu games playing on the 2nd monitor in the background when i'm doing other stuff. Alby edited lots of stuff, and the cpu vs cup games produce lots of super random basketball... in a good way.

Edit: this play just happened on the second monitor. Had jazz vs heat running cpu vs cpu. i clipped it to show. Sefalosia isn't a super rated AI passer, but play breaks down, Mitchell reads the open lane to the basket, and Sefalosia makes the pass through traffick.

https://streamable.com/fg51q

just clipped it real quick to show you. Lots of good reads on both offense/deffence with cpu vs cpu.

Anyways, I'll check out Prax roster and post here with what i think about it.
thanks for the information.


Ok
I will download the Rosters and check them out.
Thanks Bongo88 !
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters (PREVIEW)

Postby Darth-Skinett on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Image

Image
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters (ETA = Uploading Files)

Postby Darth-Skinett on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:10 am

I am going to continue updating the NBA2k18 Rosters based on Prax's last release.

Here is the link to Prax's Thread
https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105677

This Roster could be used as a BASE Roster that we can improve together.
What do you think?


Preview the NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters at: https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters (RELEASED!!)

Postby Darth-Skinett on Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:33 am

NBA2k18 18/19 Pre-Season Rosters RELEASED!!!!

Image

Here is the BETA release of the NBA2k18 18/19 Pre-Season Community Rosters

Download Now https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/2018/10/nba2k18-1819-pre-season-rosters-released.html



IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!
MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR "WAIGUA" FOLDER IN CASE IT OVERWRITES ANY OF THE PORTRAITS OR CYBER FACES YOU PREFER TO USE.

USE LIMNONO'S TOOL TO VERIFY THE CF AND PORTRAIT ID # IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES OR CONFLICTS

Limnono's Tool
https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=237&t=104104#p1901099
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters v2 [RELEASED]

Postby Darth-Skinett on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:28 am

NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters v2

Image

DOWNLOAD the Community Rosters v2 UPDATE
https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/2018/10/nba2k18-1819-pre-season-rosters-released.html

Features
Updated Rosters v2 (October 9th 2018)

Fixed Cyberfaces & Fixed Portraits
Cedi Osman
Chris Paul
DeAndre Jordan
Andre Drummond
Frank Ntilikina
Jahlil Okafor
Jeff Green
Jimmy Butler
Jonah Bolden
Tyler Dorsey
Kevin Love
Klay Thompson
Kristaps Porzingis
Eric Moreland
Nikola Mirotic
Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo
Wayne Selden Jr.
and more...

Updated Rookie Ratings
Updated Player Ratings
Updated Rotations
Updated Cyberfaces
Updated Portraits


Credits to
Prax, BlueJayBrandon, Shuajota, CSSJO, EndNoteDeath, Torogi, mrk326, Mr.Star,
RKJ, Rockprince23, R4zoR, tare850, BetterCallSkal, MonkeyManJSV, TGsoGooD,
Bongo88 and any other Portrait or CF Maker I forgot to mention


Image
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters v2 [RELEASED]

Postby xubu on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Thank you very much Darth! (Y)

Are you using the rookie ratings from NBA 2K19?
User avatar
xubu
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:59 am

Re: NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters v2 [RELEASED]

Postby Darth-Skinett on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:38 pm

xubu wrote:Thank you very much Darth! (Y)

Are you using the rookie ratings from NBA 2K19?


Your Welcome Xubu!!

I'm not using the NBA2k19 ratings.
I have watched a lot of Summer League and Pre-Season this year so I have been using that as a reference.

Let me know if there are any problems with the Ratings so I can review them.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters v2 [NEED HELP!]

Postby Darth-Skinett on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:15 am

Image

NEED YOUR HELP!!

I am still touching up the Rosters but I need help with the following:

1 - I fixed the B.Forbes / D.White same portrait issue on the Spurs but cannot find Derrick White's Portrait. Does anyone have it or what Portrait ID # is assigned to Derrick White?

2 - Does anyone have an updated Rajon Rondo Portrait for the Lakers?

3 - Is there a Cyberface or Portrait for Ding Yanyuhang and Daryl Macon on the Dallas Mavericks?



I will keep adding to this list to let you know how you can assist with getting the Rosters improved.

Please let me know if you have any updated Portraits or CF's that I have not added to the Rosters so that you do not have to keep re-updating the Rosters manually on each New Release.

ATTENTION PORTRAIT MAKERS
Here are a list of Priority Portraits that are required

J. Parker (CHIC)
R. Rondo (LAL)
L. Stephenson (LAL)
J. McGee (LAL)
M. Beasley (LAL)
S. Mykhailiuk (LAL)
M. Herzonja (NYK)
N. Vonleh (NYK)
A. Trier (NYK)
I. Thomas (DEN)
D. Jordan (DAL)
D. Cousins (GSW)
J. Jerebko (GSW)
T. Ulis (GSW)
M. Criss (HOU)
J. Ennis (HOU)
B. Knight (HOU)
D. Schroder (OKC)
N. Noel (OKC)
W. Chandler (76ERS)
J. Bolden (76ERS)
M. Bellinelli (SAS)
J. Poetl (SAS)
T. Ariza (PHX)
R. Anderson (PHX)
R. Holmes (PHX)
G. Monroe (TOR)
D. Green (TOR)
M. Richardson (TOR)
D. McDermott (IND)
K. O'Quinn (IND)
Tyreke Evans (IND)
T. Parker (CHAR)
M. Bridges (CHAR)
D. Robinson (MIA)
J. Stokes (MIA)
S. Curry (PORT)
N. Stauskas (PORT)
Marshon Brooks (MEM)
O. Casspi (MEM)
K. Anderson (MEM)
G.Temple (MEM)
A. Tolliver (MINN)
J. Calderon (DET)
Khyri Thomas (DET)
Z. Pachulia (DET)
G. Robinson (DET)
J. Okafor (NOP)

There are more...but this is a good start.

THANKS!!!!
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: NBA2k18 18/19 Community Rosters v2 [RELEASED]

Postby Darth-Skinett on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 am

Image

The latest Rosters have been uploaded to Steam (October 9th 2018)

Steam ID = darth2k11
Filename = NBA2K18 Community Rosters


Updated a few Rotations & Ratings
added
Daryl Macon (DAL)
Ding Yanyuhang (DAL)
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

**PREVIEW v3 UPDATE** All-Time Team Portraits FIXED / RESTORED!

Postby Darth-Skinett on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:26 am

I decided to take the time to start reviewing the Portraits and discovered 2 and even 3 copies of the same 2018 Rookie Portrait in the Roster.

I have deleted the duplicates and restored ALL the portraits (50+) possible for the ALL-Time Teams.

Here are some Previews from the upcoming v3 release of the Portrait Pack.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


DOWNLOAD the Community Rosters v2 UPDATE at:
https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/2018/10/nba2k18-1819-pre-season-rosters-released.html
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: 18/19 2k18 Community Rosters **PREVIEW All-Time Team Portraits FIXED / RESTORED!

Postby lorencett on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 am

Darth-Skinett you could post the Community Rosters v2 UPDATE here on the site, for offline players, please.
lorencett
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:35 am

Re: 18/19 2k18 Community Rosters **PREVIEW All-Time Team Portraits FIXED / RESTORED!

Postby Darth-Skinett on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 am

lorencett wrote:Darth-Skinett you could post the Community Rosters v2 UPDATE here on the site, for offline players, please.


Hey Lorencett,
An Off-Line / Non-Steam Users version will be provided soon!
https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/2018/10/community-rosters-v3-coming-soon.html

To be specific, when v3 is released. :cheeky:
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

18/19 2k18 Community Rosters v3 - Preview and Discussion b4 RELEASE

Postby Darth-Skinett on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am

bongo88 wrote:ahh, dunno what's wrong with the link.

anyways, thanks for the Prax information. I'll check out his roster.

the alby roster is on the 2kshare... can be downloaded in game. I mostly just use it for cpu vs cpu games playing on the 2nd monitor in the background when i'm doing other stuff. Alby edited lots of stuff, and the cpu vs cup games produce lots of super random basketball... in a good way.

Edit: this play just happened on the second monitor. Had jazz vs heat running cpu vs cpu. i clipped it to show. Sefalosia isn't a super rated AI passer, but play breaks down, Mitchell reads the open lane to the basket, and Sefalosia makes the pass through traffick.

https://streamable.com/fg51q

just clipped it real quick to show you. Lots of good reads on both offense/deffence with cpu vs cpu.

Anyways, I'll check out Prax roster and post here with what i think about it.
thanks for the information.


@Bongo88
I watched the video and got the idea of what you were talking about.

I started playing with the GAME SLIDERS and I am seeing animations in the game that I never seen before.
I am going to keep tweaking them but I like what I see so far.

It feels like a different game!
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: 18/19 2k18 Community Rosters **PREVIEW All-Time Team Portraits FIXED / RESTORED!

Postby bongo88 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:50 am

You are doing a great job on this roster. looks good.

alot of Alby's Roster is based on vannwolfhawks tendency edits/blogs/plays. I believe that alby integrated most of vannwolfhawks suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0h-vo ... 7MQ/videos

https://forums.operationsports.com/vannwolfhawk/

The little project i'm working on ---utah jazz rant haha :) ---
Being a Jazz fan that watched most of their games last season.....The only problem that i have with all these rosters is they severly underrate the utah jazz. I believe the default alby roster had jazz 30th in offense and 3rd in defense.
watching the jazz most last season, i personally felt that they were middle of the pack offense and easily first in defense. end of season stats showed that my insticts (jazz offense/defense ... relative to the rest of nba league) was correct:
https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced/?s ... r%20Season
anyways, if you sort by offenseive rating and deffensive rating .... jazz offense is 16 and 1st in defense. obviously there is so much more to a basketball game, but all the rosters i have tried severely punish the jazz.

Anyways, I can see the difficulty of rating the jazz in the 2k universe. I've had trouble really settling on good jazz team ratings. Because of the length of gobert and favors.... with joe ingles being one of the best 3point shooters in the nba.... and mitchel being a volume shooter.... you can make gobert and favors good defenders ... you can make ingles a good 3point shooter ..... you can give mitchell a 90percent touch tendancy to make him a volume shooter ..... and they break the game. it's too many outliers on one team.

seriously, try rating ingles properly and he alone breaks the game (https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba/new ... tcfbo9uid8) then add gobert and favors in the middle with mitchell on the outside, and like i said, too many outliers on one team for the 2kbasketball universe to try to balance.

if you rate the jazz 1st in defense (which they most definitly are in the nba) and 16th in offense..... in a simulated season the Jazz stomp all opponents easily due to how 2ksports value length and height. so, in order to obtain Realistic Nba results (team wins, opponent shooting percentage, etc etc ) you have to nerf the jazz offense into oblivion..... to give the opposing teams a level playing field. otherwise the jazz players break the game.

I mean, last season the jazz started out 16 - 24 and then the 2nd half of the season they went 32 - 10. the problem wasn't they were winning, it was they were usually winning by 15 - 30 points in the second half of the season.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/te ... /2018.html
if you look at the bar chart in the middle of the page .... there were very few wins that were close (during the second half of season against the "bad" nba teams).

Anyways, as a jazz fan, i've been trying to adjust the utah ratings where they can blow out the bad teams in the nba, but stay close to the good teams. It has been a challenging project :) haven't reached anything conclusive yet.


Oh, one thing i've noticed.... at the roster editor.... if you go to the coaches tab (where it shows GM ratings and coaches ratings) The coaches have Ratings and Badges. Those Ratings and Badges directly influence how the team plays and the team ratings and stuff. I think it is not a good system. I've tried putting all coaches to bad ratings, took away all badges, put coaches to all A+ ratings..... haven't found a balance. But the coaches ratings/badges directly influence the players actions. It is not a good thing because there is not much documentation about how the coaches stuff influence the player stuff. because with the complexity of player ratings and tendecies and badges, then you throw unkown coaching values on top of all that which change the roster..... it is very bad. I havent seen anyone here or on OperationSports mention how the coaches change the players on-court playing..... Hell, i just noticed it last week and I've been fiddling with rosters since 2k18 launched.

You can test the coach stuff..... take a bad team like the Suns, put a few badges on the coach and put the coach ratings to A+ .... then, all of the sudden, the bad suns players (bad ratings, bad tendencies, etc) are playing like All Stars. It's an unkown factor that you should look into. since you seem to have a grasp about roster stuffs. Just letting you know.

One last tip: intangibles attribute .... that attribute is actually very important. Again, you can test this with the Suns. Change nothing, but put the intangibles all to 99 for the whole team and they will start playing like All Starts. There's alot going on behind the scenes with that 1 attribute (intangibles). So using Alby as a base, one you get all ratings correct (mid range, layup, etc) then get all tendencies correct (touches, drives, etc).... then there are the unkowns between coach badge/ratings and intangibles that effect some stuff in the backround just on those 2 things. Just so you know.

Anyways, enjoying the roster. i'll let you know if i find a balance for the jazz. I doubt i can make the jazz acceptable due to the rules and limitation of the 2kbasketball universe. Alby's roster should be a great base for the next season.... just need some playbook and touches adjustments for lakers with Lebron.

Oh, Alby has sliders that he recommends to use with his roster. They are under his name, the sliders, username: Bad Desire. You could download his Sliders that correspond with his roster. Not sure i mentioned that, but it would be good to put in your roster posts/blogposts if you are using his base roster. download his gameplay sliders from the sliders download option


EDIT: writing this post about the Jazz/mitchell reminded me of this play. https://streamable.com/dvgvy ... (reddit thread source). Jazz up by 20 againt the pistons ... no offense, kicks it out to mitchell. That's pretty much how the 2nd half went with the jazz... up by 10, 15, 20 against the "bad" nba teams. Amazing thing is Mitchell catches the ball with 0.6 seconds and shot is of at like 0.4 seconds. Anyways, the jazz did this many times last year... play breaks, throw it to mitchell/ingles for the offense. problem is, 2k18 does this as well.... just gotta make mitchell less effecient, maybe. dunno.

Edit2: complete sidenote... look at blake griffen on that play... after gobert passes it, he looks from gobert to mitchell to gobert, like, you crazy gobert. funnything is, jazz did that so much with mitchell and ingles, we pretty just expect them to make something happen.
Last edited by bongo88 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
bongo88
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:30 am

Re: 18/19 2k18 Community Rosters **PREVIEW All-Time Team Portraits FIXED / RESTORED!

Postby lorencett on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:23 am

Darth-Skinett wrote:
lorencett wrote:Darth-Skinett you could post the Community Rosters v2 UPDATE here on the site, for offline players, please.


Hey Lorencett,
An Off-Line / Non-Steam Users version will be provided soon!
https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/2018/10/community-rosters-v3-coming-soon.html

To be specific, when v3 is released tomorrow or maybe...tonight :cheeky:


thanks man, upgrade roster using NBA2k19 ratings would be perfect.
lorencett
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:35 am

18/19 2k18 Community Rosters v3 - Preview and Discussion b4 RELEASE

Postby Darth-Skinett on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 pm

bongo88 wrote:You are doing a great job on this roster. looks good.

alot of Alby's Roster is based on vannwolfhawks tendency edits/blogs/plays. I believe that alby integrated most of vannwolfhawks suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0h-vo ... 7MQ/videos

https://forums.operationsports.com/vannwolfhawk/

The little project i'm working on ---utah jazz rant haha :) ---
Being a Jazz fan that watched most of their games last season.....The only problem that i have with all these rosters is they severly underrate the utah jazz. I believe the default alby roster had jazz 30th in offense and 3rd in defense.
watching the jazz most last season, i personally felt that they were middle of the pack offense and easily first in defense. end of season stats showed that my insticts (jazz offense/defense ... relative to the rest of nba league) was correct:
https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced/?s ... r%20Season
anyways, if you sort by offenseive rating and deffensive rating .... jazz offense is 16 and 1st in defense. obviously there is so much more to a basketball game, but all the rosters i have tried severely punish the jazz.

Anyways, I can see the difficulty of rating the jazz in the 2k universe. I've had trouble really settling on good jazz team ratings. Because of the length of gobert and favors.... with joe ingles being one of the best 3point shooters in the nba.... and mitchel being a volume shooter.... you can make gobert and favors good defenders ... you can make ingles a good 3point shooter ..... you can give mitchell a 90percent touch tendancy to make him a volume shooter ..... and they break the game. it's too many outliers on one team.

seriously, try rating ingles properly and he alone breaks the game (https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba/new ... tcfbo9uid8) then add gobert and favors in the middle with mitchell on the outside, and like i said, too many outliers on one team for the 2kbasketball universe to try to balance.

if you rate the jazz 1st in defense (which they most definitly are in the nba) and 16th in offense..... in a simulated season the Jazz stomp all opponents easily due to how 2ksports value length and height. so, in order to obtain Realistic Nba results (team wins, opponent shooting percentage, etc etc ) you have to nerf the jazz offense into oblivion..... to give the opposing teams a level playing field. otherwise the jazz players break the game.

I mean, last season the jazz started out 16 - 24 and then the 2nd half of the season they went 32 - 10. the problem wasn't they were winning, it was they were usually winning by 15 - 30 points in the second half of the season.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/te ... /2018.html
if you look at the bar chart in the middle of the page .... there were very few wins that were close (during the second half of season against the "bad" nba teams).

Anyways, as a jazz fan, i've been trying to adjust the utah ratings where they can blow out the bad teams in the nba, but stay close to the good teams. It has been a challenging project :) haven't reached anything conclusive yet.


Oh, one thing i've noticed.... at the roster editor.... if you go to the coaches tab (where it shows GM ratings and coaches ratings) The coaches have Ratings and Badges. Those Ratings and Badges directly influence how the team plays and the team ratings and stuff. I think it is not a good system. I've tried putting all coaches to bad ratings, took away all badges, put coaches to all A+ ratings..... haven't found a balance. But the coaches ratings/badges directly influence the players actions. It is not a good thing because there is not much documentation about how the coaches stuff influence the player stuff. because with the complexity of player ratings and tendecies and badges, then you throw unkown coaching values on top of all that which change the roster..... it is very bad. I havent seen anyone here or on OperationSports mention how the coaches change the players on-court playing..... Hell, i just noticed it last week and I've been fiddling with rosters since 2k18 launched.

You can test the coach stuff..... take a bad team like the Suns, put a few badges on the coach and put the coach ratings to A+ .... then, all of the sudden, the bad suns players (bad ratings, bad tendencies, etc) are playing like All Stars. It's an unkown factor that you should look into. since you seem to have a grasp about roster stuffs. Just letting you know.

One last tip: intangibles attribute .... that attribute is actually very important. Again, you can test this with the Suns. Change nothing, but put the intangibles all to 99 for the whole team and they will start playing like All Starts. There's alot going on behind the scenes with that 1 attribute (intangibles). So using Alby as a base, one you get all ratings correct (mid range, layup, etc) then get all tendencies correct (touches, drives, etc).... then there are the unkowns between coach badge/ratings and intangibles that effect some stuff in the backround just on those 2 things. Just so you know.

Anyways, enjoying the roster. i'll let you know if i find a balance for the jazz. I doubt i can make the jazz acceptable due to the rules and limitation of the 2kbasketball universe. Alby's roster should be a great base for the next season.... just need some playbook and touches adjustments for lakers with Lebron.

Oh, Alby has sliders that he recommends to use with his roster. They are under his name, the sliders, username: Bad Desire. You could download his Sliders that correspond with his roster. Not sure i mentioned that, but it would be good to put in your roster posts/blogposts if you are using his base roster. download his gameplay sliders from the sliders download option


EDIT: writing this post about the Jazz/mitchell reminded me of this play. https://streamable.com/dvgvy ... (reddit thread source). Jazz up by 20 againt the pistons ... no offense, kicks it out to mitchell. That's pretty much how the 2nd half went with the jazz... up by 10, 15, 20 against the "bad" nba teams. Amazing thing is Mitchell catches the ball with 0.6 seconds and shot is of at like 0.4 seconds. Anyways, the jazz did this many times last year... play breaks, throw it to mitchell/ingles for the offense. problem is, 2k18 does this as well.... just gotta make mitchell less effecient, maybe. dunno.

Edit2: complete sidenote... look at blake griffen on that play... after gobert passes it, he looks from gobert to mitchell to gobert, like, you crazy gobert. funnything is, jazz did that so much with mitchell and ingles, we pretty just expect them to make something happen.



Great Post Bongo88 !!
This will be my 1st reply of many since I don't know where to start...lmao

You provided a lot of good information.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the Rosters

So this is what I have done so far...
1 - I reviewed every team to get an idea of their strengths and weaknesses
2 - I updated every teams Rotation to reflect as close to reality... but to also get maximum performance out of the Team.
3 - I re-distributed the Minutes Played to the PLAYERS to get the BEST ones on the Court as much as possible at key times in the Game.
4 - I then started updating the Ratings to reflect the Players current performance as best as I could until the NBA Season starts and we get real performance stats to use as a reference.
5 - Next I started to structure a Rating system for the Rookies to compliment the existing NBA Players ratings (No Rookie is rated over 80) D. Ayton (rated 79) on Phoenix is the Best Rookie.

I am now in Review Mode so your post came at the perfect time!

I was surprised to see Detroit was Ranked 8th overall and Minnesota Ranked 10th (that Rating will change on it's own when Jimmy Butler is traded...lol)
so you are right that there are other things that determine OVERALL RATINGS

Coaching should have a BIG influence on how the Team plays / performs...
It only makes sense since they are responsible for Substitutions and Playcalling.

What I am getting at is that COACHING SETTINGS and the PLAYBOOK are next to be looked at on my list...
I suspect that will have a major impact as you mentioned.

Sometimes people making Rosters play with too much too soon before doing what I am attempting...which is, testing the adjustments systematically.
When the Coaching Settings and Playbooks are adjusted...We will TEST the Rosters to see what we got!
Get people to play with their Favorite Teams so we can get different opinions on Gameplay.

The SLIDERS and TENDENCIES are the icing on the cake...LOL

I am finishing off the v3 update so it is ready for Opening Day of the Season and may include the SLIDERS I am testing at the moment.
The Game plays a lot better already.

As for your Jazz...lol
I am updating the Rosters and a few ratings / rotations but have not got to the Jazz yet.
I like them too so I'll make sure to show them some LOVE (Y)

I am going to review all the other info you provided and get back to you...lol
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

18/19 2k18 Community Rosters v3 - Preview and Discussion b4 RELEASE

Postby Darth-Skinett on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:32 pm

lorencett wrote:
Darth-Skinett wrote:
lorencett wrote:Darth-Skinett you could post the Community Rosters v2 UPDATE here on the site, for offline players, please.


Hey Lorencett,
An Off-Line / Non-Steam Users version will be provided soon!
https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/2018/10/community-rosters-v3-coming-soon.html

To be specific, when v3 is released :cheeky:


thanks man, upgrade roster using NBA2k19 ratings would be perfect.



No problem Bro.

See Bongo88's Post above...we are discussing Ratings...lol

Work in progress...
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: 18/19 2k18 Community Rosters **PREVIEW All-Time Team Portraits FIXED / RESTORED!

Postby bongo88 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Darth-Skinett wrote:I was surprised to see Detroit was Ranked 8th overall and Minnesota Ranked 10th (that Rating will change on it's own when Jimmy Butler is traded...lol) so you are right that there are other things that determine OVERALL RATINGS


Your whole post is great :) just wanted to talk about this sentence. It sounds like you are getting a good grasp on the rosters and ratings and stuffs.


Anyways, talking about the Overall Rating of a team.
When you load the custom roster, at the team select screen....
It shows offensive rating [12], defensive rating [9], overall [11]) .... you know the picture.


Anyways, I loaded up Alby's roster and started messing with the Heat.
Changing player ratings cause the off/def/overall to go up or down a few ticks.
maybe a few points up or a few points down.
Nothing drastic happened.


I loaded up alby's roster again, and tried the Miami Heat.
The heat are rated around the middle---- 15 offense, 11 defense, 12 overall.
I thought it was strange that they were 12 overall .... because their players are not rated that well.
Their top player is 86 overall .... then it goes down from there.


I started messing with the Heat coach ratings (Spoelstra).
In the Coach attributes there is Offense Rating & Max Offense Rating.
Defense Rating & Max Defense Rating.
Anyways, Spoelstra rated A- offense and A- Max Offense and A- Defense and A- Max Defense.....
I changed Offense, Max Offense, Defense, Max Defense all to "F" rating..... then i went to the play now select screen to see what changes it had on the team.
The Heat was 30 offense, 24 defense, 29 overall. :shock:


Then i changed offense, max offense, defense, max defense all to "A+" rating.
It changed the team to 10 offense, 8 defense, 9 overall.
I changed the coach ratings all to "C" ratings.... it changed the team to 26 offense, 19 defense, 22 overall.


I then ran some CPU vs CPU games.
I changed the Heat Coach Ratings to "F" (offense, max offense, defense, max defense) and I also changed Jazz Coach Ratings to "F" as well.
Both teams played very lazy basketball. they just ran the plays sloppy. didn't have good cuts. even the passing was slow ( I swear....I'm gonna record stuff later).
The problem is both teams are same amount of lazy (if that makes sense).
Player attributes were nuked to oblivion.


Then i ran another CPU vs CPU game.
I changed Heat Coach Ratings to A+ and Jazz Coach ratings to A+.
This game both teams were super teams.... super fast cuts... super fast decisions to pass/shoot. Super fast screens.
It seemed like the running and passing was also faster (again, i gotta record some footage next time)


Then i ran another CPU vs CPU game.
changed both Heat and Jazz coach rating to "B".
Teams played at the exact same level. exact same speeds. exact same reads on defense. Not as Super fast as "A+" level, but not as slow as F level.
The important point is .... that they stayed at the same level.
Player ratings were thrown out the window. like speed, awareness, passing accuracy, shooting , etc etc.
Whatever level the coach was at, then the team were at the level.
There was no difference between Heat and Jazz ability, they matched each other perfect.


Anyways, you should look into this.
I'll look into sometime next weekend if i have time.
I need to get some footage of similar plays run by cpu vs cpu at different coach grade levels.
Last edited by bongo88 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongo88
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:30 am

18/19 2k18 Community Rosters v3 - Preview and Discussion b4 RELEASE

Postby Darth-Skinett on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 am

bongo88 wrote:
Darth-Skinett wrote:I was surprised to see Detroit was Ranked 8th overall and Minnesota Ranked 10th (that Rating will change on it's own when Jimmy Butler is traded...lol) so you are right that there are other things that determine OVERALL RATINGS


Your whole post is great :) just wanted to talk about this sentence. It sounds like you are getting a good grasp on the rosters and ratings and stuffs.


Anyways, talking about the Overall Rating of a team.
When you load the custom roster, at the team select screen....
It shows offensive rating [12], defensive rating [9], overall [11]) .... you know the picture.


Anyways, I loaded up Alby's roster and started messing with the Heat.
Changing player ratings cause the off/def/overall to go up or down a few ticks.
maybe a few points up or a few points down.
Nothing drastic happened.


I loaded up alby's roster again, and tried the Miami Heat.
The heat are rated around the middle---- 15 offense, 11 defense, 12 overall.
I thought it was strange that they were 12 overall .... because their players are not rated that well.
Their top player is 86 overall .... then it goes down from there.


I started messing with the Heat coach ratings (Spoelstra).
In the Coach attributes there is Offense Rating & Max Offense Rating.
Defense Rating & Max Defense Rating.
Anyways, Spoelstra rated A- offense and A- Max Offense and A- Defense and A- Max Defense.....
I changed Offense, Max Offense, Defense, Max Defense all to "F" rating..... then i went to the play now select screen to see what changes it had on the team.
The Heat was 30 offense, 24 defense, 29 overall. :shock:


Then i changed offense, max offense, defense, max defense all to "A+" rating.
It changed the team to 10 offense, 8 defense, 9 overall.
I changed the coach ratings all to "C" ratings.... it changed the team to 26 offense, 19 defense, 22 overall.


I then ran some CPU vs CPU games.
I changed the Heat Coach Ratings to "F" (offense, max offense, defense, max defense) and I also changed Jazz Coach Ratings to "F" as well.
Both teams played very lazy basketball. they just ran the plays sloppy. didn't have good cuts. even the passing was slow ( I swear....I'm gonna record stuff later).
The problem is both teams are same amount of lazy (if that makes sense).
Player attributes were nuked to oblivion.


Then i ran another CPU vs CPU game.
I changed Heat Coach Ratings to A+ and Jazz Coach ratings to A+.
This game both teams were super teams.... super fast cuts... super fast decisions to pass/shoot. Super fast screens.
It seemed like the running and passing was also faster (again, i gotta record some footage next time)


Then i ran another CPU vs CPU game.
changed both Heat and Jazz coach rating to "B".
Teams played at the exact same level. exact same speeds. exact same reads on defense. Not as Super fast as "A+" level, but not as slow as F level.
The important point is .... that they stayed at the same level.
Player ratings were thrown out the window. like speed, awareness, passing accuracy, shooting , etc etc.
Whatever level the coach was at, then the team were at the level.
There was no difference between Heat and Jazz ability, they matched each other perfect.


Anyways, you should look into this.
I'll look into sometime next weekend if i have time.
I need to get some footage of similar plays run by cpu vs cpu at different coach grade levels.




Great information once again Bongo88 !!
I had to re-structure your Post because it was soooo good I want everyone to get an understanding that PLAYER RATINGS are not EVERYTHING in this Game.

I have already added you to the Roster Credits :bowdown: :bowdown2:

I want to agree with what you are saying and use this as evidence.
Below is the current rating for Utah and Milwaukee in the v3 Rosters based on what I listed as completed.

1 - I reviewed every team to get an idea of their strengths and weaknesses
2 - I updated every teams Rotation to reflect as close to reality... but to also get maximum performance out of the Team.
3 - I re-distributed the Minutes Played to the PLAYERS to get the BEST ones on the Court as much as possible at key times in the Game.
4 - I then started updating the Ratings to reflect the Players current performance as best as I could until the NBA Season starts and we get real performance stats to use as a reference.
5 - Next I started to structure a Rating system for the Rookies to compliment the existing NBA Players ratings (No Rookie is rated over 80) D. Ayton (rated 79) on Phoenix is the Best Rookie.


I have not touched any settings related to COACHING in the the Rosters yet...

What I would like to do is compare Coaches vs Coaches and Players vs Players between Milwaukee and Utah
This should give us some insight on what SETTINGS need to be adjusted to affect the OVERALL TEAM RATINGS and OFFENSIVE RATINGS

I think the Coaches will need a RATING SYSTEM so we can make adjustments to ALL TEAMS individually so everything falls into place...we are very close though because the GAME SLIDERS work in conjunction with the PLAYER RATINGS and as I mentioned the Game plays pretty good already with the SLIDERS I"m currently TESTING

BTW...I actually PLAY games...lmao :lol:
So, someone or myself needs to be willing to do some TESTING and Post the Video so we can compare.

Any Volunteers? :cheeky:
Last edited by Darth-Skinett on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: 18/19 2k18 Community Rosters **PREVIEW All-Time Team Portraits FIXED / RESTORED!

Postby bongo88 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:55 am

Darth-Skinett wrote:BTW...I actually PLAY games...lmao :lol:


Haha ;) I play games too against.... against the cpu ... no humans to play against in my house. Just trying to get a grasp of what determines cpu play.
Anyways, the coach settings are interesting. Warriors coach (kerr) has base offense/defense at A+ and max offense/defense at A+. If you change Kerr to F... the warriors become a very bad team.
I am considering different values.... like maybe the top teams should be base offense/defense "B+" and then max offense/defense "A+"
and maybe the bad teams should be base offense/defense D+ and max offense/defense A+.

on the original rosters there is a range of head coach attribues ... say B base and A- max. It seems when the games start that a grade is assigned to the coach based of the range. So if the range is B Base and A-max .... maybe the team gets a B+ grade for that game. or, if converted to numbers.... if B is 3.0 and A- is 3.8 .... then maybe the team gets a grade in that range ..... like 3.1 or 3.5 or 3.7 or 3.2 That's my current theory about how it works.
I guess a good way to test it would be to put the Warriors coach .... Base offense/defense at "F" and max offense/defense at "A+" .... then see if they are bad teams sometimes and good teams other times.

I think the grades they have are very bad. Like, why should the warriors be A+ all the time?? (kerr is A+ base and A+ max).
It is why the warriors are so difficult every single game that i have played against them. (both human vs cpu and also running cpu vs cpu).
a good team can have bad games..... and a bad team can have good games.

Overall, these coach grades are way too powerful in how they influence the team.

Anyways, sounds like you have a good process going. glad i can help and also glad i can discuss this stuffs with you.
bongo88
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:30 am

18/19 2k18 Community Rosters v3 - Preview and Discussion b4 RELEASE

Postby Darth-Skinett on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:40 am

bongo88 wrote:
Darth-Skinett wrote:BTW...I actually PLAY games...lmao :lol:


Haha ;) I play games too against.... against the cpu ... no humans to play against in my house. Just trying to get a grasp of what determines cpu play.
Anyways, the coach settings are interesting. Warriors coach (kerr) has base offense/defense at A+ and max offense/defense at A+. If you change Kerr to F... the warriors become a very bad team.
I am considering different values.... like maybe the top teams should be base offense/defense "B+" and then max offense/defense "A+"
and maybe the bad teams should be base offense/defense D+ and max offense/defense A+.

on the original rosters there is a range of head coach attribues ... say B base and A- max. It seems when the games start that a grade is assigned to the coach based of the range. So if the range is B Base and A-max .... maybe the team gets a B+ grade for that game. or, if converted to numbers.... if B is 3.0 and A- is 3.8 .... then maybe the team gets a grade in that range ..... like 3.1 or 3.5 or 3.7 or 3.2 That's my current theory about how it works.
I guess a good way to test it would be to put the Warriors coach .... Base offense/defense at "F" and max offense/defense at "A+" .... then see if they are bad teams sometimes and good teams other times.

I think the grades they have are very bad. Like, why should the warriors be A+ all the time?? (kerr is A+ base and A+ max).
It is why the warriors are so difficult every single game that i have played against them. (both human vs cpu and also running cpu vs cpu).
a good team can have bad games..... and a bad team can have good games.

Overall, these coach grades are way too powerful in how they influence the team.

Anyways, sounds like you have a good process going. glad i can help and also glad i can discuss this stuffs with you.



LOL!!
Bongo88, of all the things to focus on in my post :P
bongo88 wrote:
Darth-Skinett wrote:BTW...I actually PLAY games...lmao :lol:


Ok...I woke up inspired this morning.
Is this what you are looking for? :cheeky:

I am still making adjustments since players are being released to bring Rosters down to 15 Players
I will re-post the Top 10 Teams when I'm done.

Image
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Next

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest