COMING SOON! Complete and Extensive 2K19 Player Rating Formulas Tool

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

COMING SOON! Complete and Extensive 2K19 Player Rating Formulas Tool

Postby Suns_Of_Thunder on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:44 am

Hi guys, I'm new to the community and relatively new to modding in general, but a long-time roster creator on NBA 2K games. I started making rosters from 2K6 (which was extremely interesting to try to do since they only allowed you to create 10 players back then... luckily the export team option got around that somewhat) and by 2K13 I created 8 full rosters within the year. After that, I quit cold turkey for a bit, but got back into it in the last year or so.

That all goes to say that I'm not completely unqualified for this project that I'm embarking upon. Whenever I've made rosters in the past, I've never come across one particular formula for coming up with player ratings that could reliably work in many situations. So my goal is to create exactly that. And I'm actually pretty far along, and very proud of what I have so far.

This will be in the form of a Google Sheets document, where you will just have to input a few values and it will generate ratings for every attribute, activate or deactivate every badge, and generate ratings for many of the most important tendencies. I have already completed the formulas for the attributes, including mental and physical attributes, which oftentimes in the past people have had to rely on guess work for. Now, are those sorts of attributes always correct? No, definitely not. But from my tests on them, I can honestly say they are much more accurate than I expected them to be.

One more disclaimer; I am planning to focus on international rosters this year in my roster creating process, so what I'm using as the main source of the input side of the formula is designed to go along with stats provided by RealGM. For the NBA, they don't always have the most in-depth advanced stats, so if you have a reliable formula based off Basketball-Reference or another more in-depth site's stats for something that is quantified on one of those sites but is not on RealGM, there is a decent chance what you are using may be a bit more accurate.

One more thing, all rating have been weighted to correlate quite accurately with 2K's ratings themselves. I.E. the top 10 % of the NBA at steals currently will generate attributes in the steals department that will correlate near-exactly to how 2K rates the steals attribute. The exact median Pass IQ rating is 64, so if you have a player with a perfectly average Pass IQ relative to the NBA, they will come out as 64.

What I am in the process of releasing is, to my knowledge, by far the most extensive player rating formula tool publicly available, impeccably accurate with 90+% of attributes and badges (when I release the tool I will make notes as to what is less accurate/more open to interpretation), and can do what it does without losing accuracy for dozens of leagues and decades worth of players' stats. I believe that this may be the closest that there can be right now to being a universal NBA 2K player rating formula.

I'm aiming to release it by the general public release date of September 11.

Peace, everyone.

- Suns of Thunder
Last edited by Suns_Of_Thunder on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Suns_Of_Thunder

Re: COMING SOON! Complete and Extensive 2K19 Player Rating Formulas Tool

Postby Suns_Of_Thunder on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:19 am

Update: I got a lot more work on this done last night than I thought I would, now I'm aiming to have it out on the pre-order release date of the 7th!
Suns_Of_Thunder

Postby matasmik on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:02 pm

Suns_Of_Thunder, Can you give access to roster generator?
matasmik

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:46 pm

Topic from 2018, Suns_Of_Thunder Last visit here : Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:28 am

I think topic can be renamed to Never Coming :roll:
sticky-fingers

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding