Question: How to use/create Court Templates?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Question: How to use/create Court Templates?

Postby egjwong on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:11 am

Hello! So I just bought 2K18 on PC and I'm looking to mod it. I've never done modding before so this is all new to me. One thing that really caught my eye was the court templates. I forget who the user was but he had templates for some NCAA teams like Oregon, had the deep in the woods template, showed a pic ingame and it looked perfect. How can I do something like that? There's a guy that has a lot of NCAA team templates but he made it so you can't download any of them. How do I go about finding team court templates? I did download the template from Lagoa but I have no idea what to do with it.
egjwong

Re: Question: How to use/create Court Templates?

Postby t-work on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:48 am

I couldn't find it anywhere but I believe someone has a tutorial and a .psd template uploaded somewhere on this site
t-work

Postby egjwong on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:07 am

t-work wrote:I couldn't find it anywhere but I believe someone has a tutorial and a .psd template uploaded somewhere on this site

Yup that's the one I found earlier. I just have no idea what to do with it. Do I like take teams logos and arena names and paste it on? How about arenas like Oregon where they have all that fancy stuff on the court? How do I even get it in the game? I've been looking everywhere for a tutorial but I've come up short. There doesn't seem to be anything anywhere.
egjwong

Postby t-work on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:57 pm

egjwong wrote:
t-work wrote:I couldn't find it anywhere but I believe someone has a tutorial and a .psd template uploaded somewhere on this site

Yup that's the one I found earlier. I just have no idea what to do with it. Do I like take teams logos and arena names and paste it on? How about arenas like Oregon where they have all that fancy stuff on the court? How do I even get it in the game? I've been looking everywhere for a tutorial but I've come up short. There doesn't seem to be anything anywhere.

It will look exactly like it does in Photoshop, so you can do anything you want to the court. The f0xx file inside of the Lagoa Courts Layout 2.0 is the one you'll use to put in the modded folder. There should have been a short how-to in that thread. It's actually really easy
t-work

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding