A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: DNA Ultimate Roster [Patch 2018-2019] v1 [RELEASED]

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:22 am

The main directory files are huge 7.2 GB's Anyway to lower them? Where do they go in the modded folder? And where do the roster files go in Steam?
Uncle Drew

Postby KoyaM on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:24 am

Uncle Drew wrote:The main directory files are huge 7.2 GB's Anyway to lower them? Where do they go in the modded folder? And where do the roster files go in Steam?

he shared his entire modded folder that is why it is 7.2 gb that includes rookies, courts, and whatsoever. Just copy and paste them.
always backup your modded folder just in case.

roster files go to remote folder, where your sync.bin is located
KoyaM

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:05 am

KoyaM wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:The main directory files are huge 7.2 GB's Anyway to lower them? Where do they go in the modded folder? And where do the roster files go in Steam?

he shared his entire modded folder that is why it is 7.2 gb that includes rookies, courts, and whatsoever. Just copy and paste them.
always backup your modded folder just in case.

roster files go to remote folder, where your sync.bin is located

Looked all around the Steam folders, and found 3 folders within userdata, 577800, local and remote. Local has the sync.bin file in it. Remote has a roster 0001 and roster descriptions with a 7-14-2018 date for both. My folder says modded not waigua, and where do the 3 dll files and the 1 ini files go does that matter? I'm a newbie when it comes to this, just trying to make sure it works properly, thanks....
Uncle Drew

Postby Rosque on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:03 am

Wait, he's also providing rosters for pirated users? Cool
Rosque

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 am

Rosque wrote:Wait, he's also providing rosters for pirated users? Cool

That's why I hate the practice of releasing a separate roster file when 2kshare is up. It allows people who illegally download the game use rosters that they should be allowed to use. But, for some users the clicks (downloads) and attention mean more to them, especially when the clicks can make them a few bucks (not saying this is Shuajota reason specifically, but I would like to know why he's releasing a roster file if he has the game legally). But, many who do this know that once 2kshare is taken off a game (like with 2K16), it's two years or more after the intial games release, meaning that waiting until than is pointless for clicks/downloads/attention, as at that point hardly anybody is playing that game.

Anything that encourages pirating of 2K games bugs me to no end. Those people should not be allowed to access rosters.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:48 am

Also, Shuajota... any reason why your Facebook post on your DNA page says.

"Created by Shuajota"

With no other credits whatsoever, and no link the the NLSC page either (so other people can't even see the credits). Credits exist in the PDF "Guide" that you supply with the roster download.

329 likes on the post, close to 400 comments (mostly negative about the incomplete release) and you don't have the decency to give credits to the people who's work you are using? I had this issue with Laroche23 and Ironknight, and I made them take the roster off of the NLSC (it's still up on IronKnights blogspot, unfortunately).

Can you explain why you omitted the credits from your Facebook announcement/page, and why it just says "created by Shuajota"? Also, can you explain why you are releasing a roster file for "offline users"? And also why you are releasing a project with so many glaring issues (it's literally like 95% of the 380 or so comments on your "release" on Facebook).

The people who helped you with the project, or people who you took work from, deserve answers. These are pretty deceptive, questionable, and concerning practices.

You also provide a youtube video specifically explaining how offline users (People who pirate the game) on how to install the roster file. You conveniently left this tutorial off of the NLSC (off your first post) as you knew exactly what you were doing.

phpBB [video]

So again, the people who helped you deserve answers to why credits dont exist on FB, a ton of questionable stuff going on here. We deserve to know why you are providing a roster for offline users (Supporting the codex version of the game), why no credits exist in certain places, why you are releasing a roster so incomplete, etc. My guess is, it's about the clicks/downloads/attention more than the quality of the roster/morals or credit given. This seems like a very selfish, deceptive project.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Dee4Three wrote: My guess is, it's about the clicks/downloads/attention more than the quality of the roster/morals or credit given. This seems like a very selfish, deceptive project.

It's always been about that. Nothing has changed from the last time he stormed out of here. Still providing ad links on others peoples work. Still providing incomplete content. Still helping those who pirate the game.

Add that to the fact he was literally caught with burner accounts in the past (a practice that has gotten other users banned) and I have to wonder why he is still allowed to continue this. I know he has a cult following, but surely the mods aren't intimidated by that.

One thing I'll say, in my own opinion, is that those that who chose to support his practices and partner with him are guilty in their own right. Some of the "contributors" on here, massive names, openly worked with this user that blatantly violates aspects of this community. This whole thing is just a stain on modding. Smothering ad links on content stolen from others to make incomplete work. Hell, I'd be content if he only took work, credited people, AND DIDN'T INCLUDE ADS ON IT. But that's never what Shuajota has been about. The moderators here have always done right by the community and I hope they recognize this and act accordingly.
bluejaybrandon

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Yeah that's always been the goal with any modder that has a facebook page. The main aim is to make as much clicks/likes/views and money as possible, the actual quality of the mod is usually hindered because of it. In some cases these modders that have this mindset will just rip others people's content to make a quick buck.

I don't know if this has been said in the past but wasn't DNA basketball the same group of people that completely ripped textures from the FIBA 2K14 mod a couple years. I don't think it was Shuajota but it was definitely someone who was affiliated with them.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby jajawatawat on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Dee4Three wrote:

That's why I hate the practice of releasing a separate roster file when 2kshare is up. It allows people who illegally download the game use rosters that they should be allowed to use. But, for some users the clicks (downloads) and attention mean more to them, especially when the clicks can make them a few bucks (not saying this is Shuajota reason specifically, but I would like to know why he's releasing a roster file if he has the game legally). But, many who do this know that once 2kshare is taken off a game (like with 2K16), it's two years or more after the intial games release, meaning that waiting until than is pointless for clicks/downloads/attention, as at that point hardly anybody is playing that game.

Anything that encourages pirating of 2K games bugs me to no end. Those people should not be allowed to access rosters.

i think some LEGIT USERS (like me) need that seperate roster because i have steam copy but i cant connect to 2kserver to dl any rosters. that sucks
jajawatawat

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:46 pm

jajawatawat wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

i think some LEGIT USERS (like me) need that seperate roster because i have steam copy but i cant connect to 2kserver to dl any rosters. that sucks

He did not make a entire PDF guide, or a YouTube video tutorial, for you or people in your situation (and you know that). He did it for the sole purpose of allowing pirated users access to the game. You are a 1 in 1000 situation (maybe a bigger difference), as almost all people who bought the game on steam, have access to the Internet and 2kshare specifically.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ksmiz on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Dee4Three wrote:

There is a ton of great reasons to just share a roster file.
You yourself pointed out one of the biggest reasons, they don't support their games after release.
A simple file makes it just as easy as all the files that get uploaded to this site all the time.
For years to come anyone who has the game files can load up a roster file just fine completely separated from this web of connections we call the internet.
A constantly active internet connected tether is unnecessary to obtain a roster which turns out to just be a simple file.
2K is greedy as fuck with all this VC bullshit and ads/schemes that go along with it.
They gut about half the game now if you don't have an active connection and this will only get worse.
If you want to just play a basketball game it isn't as simple as turn on the game and play anymore.
I don't have high hopes for the future where you will have to chug a mountain dew can before you can advance beyond the start menu.
So yes let us all throw hard earned money at companies that double down and force you to sit through ads and sponsors for a game that was paid for. :bowdown2:
Why not spend real money for fake money for use in spending on virtual haircuts and supreme swag
2K doesn't have real competition so they basically have an exclusive contract to say fuck the consumer they'll play whatever copy and paste job we can come up with year after year
Why you spend your free time defending them is beyond me

basically what I am saying d43 is That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant
ksmiz

Postby ET Da Gawd on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:22 pm

ok I have some things to say bc this is getting out of hand.
1. yes the roster is incomplete, shuajota was orignally gonna drop this end of july but he gave us an early release
2. bluejaybrandon is a complete dick, throws stones at ppls work and his roster is weak with 0 customization and basic jumpshots (idgaf about attributes and badges tbh)
3. if you dont like the work just dont download it, I dont like bluejaybrandons incomplete rookie base roster (basically base 2k with new faces), u dont see trashing his thread.
4. Some people do need the download links
5. if the roster is not working...ummm did u download allll the parts from the DNA roster? I personally worked with shuajota around nov/dec to help with the DNA project so I know he's a good guy, you guys just nitpick too much. If this is incomplete to you and you dont want to wait for the update there are other options.
6. Lots of toxic behavior coming from ppl on this thread idk why either lol,
ET Da Gawd

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:51 pm

ET Da Gawd wrote:ok I have some things to say bc this is getting out of hand.
1. yes the roster is incomplete, shuajota was orignally gonna drop this end of july but he gave us an early release
2. bluejaybrandon is a complete dick, throws stones at ppls work and his roster is weak with 0 customization and basic jumpshots (idgaf about attributes and badges tbh)
3. if you dont like the work just dont download it, I dont like bluejaybrandons incomplete rookie base roster (basically base 2k with new faces), u dont see trashing his thread.
4. Some people do need the download links
5. if the roster is not working...ummm did u download allll the parts from the DNA roster? I personally worked with shuajota around nov/dec to help with the DNA project so I know he's a good guy, you guys just nitpick too much. If this is incomplete to you and you dont want to wait for the update there are other options.
6. Lots of toxic behavior coming from ppl on this thread idk why either lol,

Dude, what are you talking about? I literally have not released a roster. You're probably talking about the prax roster that ripped my draft class. My draft class had every player with accurate jumpshots, while working with guys like InfamousNY and Triiiad. My 2019 roster (hasn't been released) will have every jump shot reworked from the ground up. Your points 2 and 3 are entirely inaccurate.

Also sending out a product prior to completion is not “releasing early”. Y’all are acting like he did you a favor by releasing early. It’s a 2019 roster missing major aspects of the 2019 season. That’s a bad look.

As for this thread, calling out bad practices in the community is not being toxic. In fact, it's the opposite.

ksmiz,

I can't disagree more. If you see a car in a shady car lot and you think, "Man, this car dealership has awful business practices", you don't just waltz in and drive off with the car.

The roster file is only being shared so that those that have cracked copies can increase ad revenue. Supporting the game post-launch to make it viable for years MIGHT be an excuse, but it's 2018. 2kshare is still working. There is no reason to need to share it at this point beyond supporting the codex users.

PSA to everyone on this whole pirating thing: If you don't like the company, their product, or their practices, the answer is to avoid them completely. Don't be hypocritical and claim to not support how 2k operates but then want their product. Either you're in and you like the game enough to want to play it, or you hate the company so much that you avoid their product.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:27 am

ksmiz wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

There is a ton of great reasons to just share a roster file.
You yourself pointed out one of the biggest reasons, they don't support their games after release.
A simple file makes it just as easy as all the files that get uploaded to this site all the time.
For years to come anyone who has the game files can load up a roster file just fine completely separated from this web of connections we call the internet.
A constantly active internet connected tether is unnecessary to obtain a roster which turns out to just be a simple file.
2K is greedy as fuck with all this VC bullshit and ads/schemes that go along with it.
They gut about half the game now if you don't have an active connection and this will only get worse.
If you want to just play a basketball game it isn't as simple as turn on the game and play anymore.
I don't have high hopes for the future where you will have to chug a mountain dew can before you can advance beyond the start menu.
So yes let us all throw hard earned money at companies that double down and force you to sit through ads and sponsors for a game that was paid for. :bowdown2:
Why not spend real money for fake money for use in spending on virtual haircuts and supreme swag
2K doesn't have real competition so they basically have an exclusive contract to say fuck the consumer they'll play whatever copy and paste job we can come up with year after year
Why you spend your free time defending them is beyond me

basically what I am saying d43 is That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant

No, a "ton" of reasons don't exist for sharing a roster file. There are three: 1. To support pirated versions of the game, and 2. People who cannot connect to 2Kshare but have the game on Steam. 3. To get as many clicks as possible regardless of 1 and 2.

You know for a fact that #2 is extremely rare, it's happened only a couple times that I have seen on NLSC. And, support exists for that issue. If it's a 2Kshare issue, they can reach out to 2K support, if it's a Steam issue, they can reach out to Steam support. If they can connect to the internet (Which they can, because they bought the game for Steam), they can connect to 2Kshare. That's the bottom line. You know as well as I do that not one modder who releases a mod within the first year of the games release, isn't going through the trouble of creating not only a PDF tutorial, but also a video tutorial telling "Offline Users" how to install the roster mod, without the reason being "support" for "Offline versions" (Pirated versions of the game). These people know that it can kill clicks/revenue that they could generate with that specific release. Telling me to find a new "Slant" implies that I am intentionally trying to target this specific modder, or just trying to find a reason to attack him and his credibility, which could not be further from the truth. I want to ensure that these shady practices are not ignored, and that anybody who supports the pirated versions of games gets called out. It's not a "Don't download the roster if you don't like it" situation, or "Turn the other way" situation. I can understand a release like this for "offline users" if 2Kshare was in jeopardy for that game, but the reason modders do it early on in the process is because that's how they get the most clicks, it's because the game is fresh and a lot of people (A lot of pirated users) are looking for rosters.

And no, a simple file is not as "Simple" as downloading it on 2Kshare, which is why tutorials exist in PDF and in video format. Step by step instructions need to be included in order to assist those people.

Again, the "2k is greedy as fuck" comments. That has NOTHING to do with the illegal downloading of a game. That's an excuse to commit an illegal act, but still use the product for mods/entertainment, hundreds of hours of entertainment at that. Don't say "fuck 2K!", and at the same time use the product for free and get entertainment out of it. Christ, how crazy is that?

You are here, enjoying the mods and enjoying 2K18's gameplay, you are getting a TON of entertainment out of it. But you still make excuses in favor of those who pirate games because you say 2K is fucking them over? I agree that the VC thing is insane, but that's not an excuse to support,encourage or participate in the act of piracy while still getting hundred of hours of entertainment out of said product made by said company.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby costaskk on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:34 am

Man, that sucks, I've been waiting for this roster to start a new gm mode but seeing as most of you guys saying it is incomplete, can anyone point me to a legit roster or steam user/modder that has a legit roster? Sorry for being out of subject here.
costaskk

Postby KoyaM on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:39 am

costaskk wrote:Man, that sucks, I've been waiting for this roster to start a new gm mode but seeing as most of you guys saying it is incomplete, can anyone point me to a legit roster or steam user/modder that has a legit roster? Sorry for being out of subject here.

the answer is none... no one has made i think an accurate roster here, probably wait for someone like bluejay 18-19 roster
KoyaM

Postby costaskk on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:49 am

That sucks.. Well then, thanks for the quick response!
costaskk

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:52 am

costaskk wrote:That sucks.. Well then, thanks for the quick response!

DEST Roster has a 2019 roster. It's not perfect but it contains many of the player movements. Not sure about rookies.
bluejaybrandon

Postby sanches_dak on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 am

Guys, please help me, how can i return the sound of the rim to the default one, because idk what file does it belong to :bowdown:
sanches_dak

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 am

This thread has taken on another life. Shuajota is no where to be found, to hear his response. I've had problems with Shuajota's rosters before, but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt this time. Can someone answer my question, 28th post from the top, on how to properly install this roster? Then again on second thought, maybe I'll skip it, since it's woefully incomplete and has so many errors, it might not be in my best interest anyway. When someone comes out with a completely accurate roster, let me know.
Uncle Drew

Re: DNA Ultimate Roster "Season 2018-2019 Patch" [Work In Progress]【By Shuajota】

Postby Rosque on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 am

Shuajota wrote:
Rosque wrote:Maybe do baby steps? All of your projects include big expectations but lack authenticity and not just in cyberface department. For the sake of community I want this and every other project to be done as intended but you gotta work your way to that finished product. My suggestion is to start with nba and please do not half-ass on anything. I have barely played NBA this year because of lack of real rosters (thanks to Alby last two months I play more).

I will release this roster when I have all the work finished.

This is the quote he made. ''all the work finished '' he said :crazyeyes: :lol: :cheeky: :turrible:
Rosque

Postby rovert22044 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:09 am

Well paint me disappointed. Haven't downloaded the roster or tried it out thanks to the numerous comments on it's lack of completion. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and hoped he would change his old ways and it turned out to be the exact same product it always is. An incomplete roster layered with numerous errors left and right.

Not sure why I thought this time would be different. Lol Oh well. Time to wait for bluejaybrandon's roster.
rovert22044

Postby Shuajota on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:32 pm

On my blog I posted the credits with the names of the modders who helped me even I mention them on my video. I´m very busy these days (private life) that´s why I´m not avaialble here. When I say "Created by Shuajota" I mean the roster, sorry but I tried to make the best for all the community. I will continue busy this month, so I reccomend to the admins delete this post and to wait to bluejaybrandon´s roster for example.
Regards
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding