Converting Cyber faces 2K17 and 2K18 *NEW Discovery*

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Converting 2K17 CFs to 2K18 *NEW Discovery*

Postby TGsoGood on Fri May 18, 2018 5:20 am

In 2K18 I get some eye glitching but only on certain faces. In 2K17 everything works perfectly in game so far.

The eye gliching has something to do with the.mathnodes file
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 18, 2018 5:29 am

TGsoGood wrote:In 2K18 I get some eye glitching but only on certain faces. In 2K17 everything works perfectly in game so far.

In 2K17 it doesn't work perfectly in game all the time. If it works at the start of the game (Right when it shows the court and the players), it will be good for that whole game. But when you start the game, sometimes you will get the black armed player, or the bulging eyes player, or the red demon player, or the floating shirt player. When this is seen right at the start of the game, you will have to quit and start the game over in hope that he looks right.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Fri May 18, 2018 6:30 am

I should have clarified that I was only referring to my experience so far.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 18, 2018 6:37 am

TGsoGood wrote:I should have clarified that I was only referring to my experience so far.

I know that's what you meant, I'm letting you know that it still has issues. That's the point of me reporting back after testing it out and following instructions.

You are the dude who makes videos on this stuff, so I figured that is relevant information that you could include if you test it out and experience the same thing. I know that you experience a few of those issues, because they are present in your Dennis Smith Jr video (Black arms, looking off to the side, etc). You and Trevor seem to be testing it out still, which is why I posted the pictures and supplied feedback.

Like I said before, I think I'm going to try and go into blender and mess around with a few things. Maybe ill give Kemp the eyeballs from 2K17 and export, see if that fixes the looking off to the side issue. I am OKAY in blender, but not a pro.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:I should have clarified that I was only referring to my experience so far.

I know that's what you meant, I'm letting you know that it still has issues. That's the point of me reporting back after testing it out and following instructions.

You are the dude who makes videos on this stuff, so I figured that is relevant information that you could include if you test it out and experience the same thing. I know that you experience a few of those issues, because they are present in your Dennis Smith Jr video (Black arms, looking off to the side, etc). You and Trevor seem to be testing it out still, which is why I posted the pictures and supplied feedback.

Like I said before, I think I'm going to try and go into blender and mess around with a few things. Maybe ill give Kemp the eyeballs from 2K17 and export, see if that fixes the looking off to the side issue. I am OKAY in blender, but not a pro.

Yeah I have noticed that. His eyes alternate between two states in edit player, with one of them being accompanied by the black arms. I have yet to experience the demon eyes. Maybe there is something else we have in the png.iff that is not necessary nor is it required to allow the player to show up, like something extra that is intended for 2K18. I will continue to look at that.

Have you been able to successfully swap eyes in blender before? When I try to join the new eyes with the rest of the CF into one object the eyes always come out really weird.
Last edited by trevorjpt33 on Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 am

Awesome, thanks. ill do some digging as well.

Strange that this stuff happens, something is triggering the constant changes.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Fri May 18, 2018 7:07 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:So there is currently no known fix for the jersey bug in-game beyond lowering in-game texture detail? I have the player show up but the jersey is almost a cone getting pulled halfway across the court. The eyes look to the right and may need re-positioned but this is so promising. Hopefully further progress is made.

Yeah we have yet to figure out why the jersey glitches like that in 2K18. For me, I have edited to fit jerseys and accessories and he will look normal in edit player screen. But when I play, the jersey looks like someone is taking a big magnifying glass and putting it in front of different parts of his jersey as he moves around.

I have shot around in freestyle and my CF will be shagging balls when I first start. I will literally see him moving around, bending over to get balls, etc. and he looks completely normal - no glitching. But when I sub in and control him as the user when I start shooting around it suddenly starts going crazy again.
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 18, 2018 7:10 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:So there is currently no known fix for the jersey bug in-game beyond lowering in-game texture detail? I have the player show up but the jersey is almost a cone getting pulled halfway across the court. The eyes look to the right and may need re-positioned but this is so promising. Hopefully further progress is made.

Yeah we have yet to figure out why the jersey glitches like that in 2K18. For me, I have edited to fit jerseys and accessories and he will look normal in edit player screen. But when I play, the jersey looks like someone is taking a big magnifying glass and putting it in front of different parts of his jersey as he moves around.

I have shot around in freestyle and my CF will be shagging balls when I first start. I will literally see him moving around, bending over to get balls, etc. and he looks completely normal - no glitching. But when I sub in and control him as the user when I start shooting around it suddenly starts going crazy again.

Couldn't the magnifying glass effect have to do with the LOD files? If they are missing or damaged?

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Fri May 18, 2018 7:12 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:In 2K18 I get some eye glitching but only on certain faces. In 2K17 everything works perfectly in game so far.

In 2K17 it doesn't work perfectly in game all the time. If it works at the start of the game (Right when it shows the court and the players), it will be good for that whole game. But when you start the game, sometimes you will get the black armed player, or the bulging eyes player, or the red demon player, or the floating shirt player. When this is seen right at the start of the game, you will have to quit and start the game over in hope that he looks right.

Have you been able to get the jersey to stop glitching in 2K18? I have gotten to where everything is normal and no parts of him are invisible but the jersey still glitches.

I wonder if it has to do with the .mathnodes file. I think it might be possible to swap .mathnodes files by changing binary in the hihead.SCNE file.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 am

Dee4Three wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

Couldn't the magnifying glass effect have to do with the LOD files? If they are missing or damaged?

See that's the thing, I actually went in and spent the time to convert the format of 2K17 LOD's to how it is in 2K18 - all 5 of them - I thought LOD's might be a good alternative to turning player detail to medium globally in order to get the glitching to at least not be visible in-game with broadcast view. But it hasn't helped.

Seems possible that the .mathnodes file is the culprit for both games but I don't know how we can fix it. This is driving me nuts because we are so close to being able to drop these players in and play.
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 am

I have no idea what to do with the mathnodes file, but for some reason I don't feel like that is what's causing the issues in both games.

I'm wondering if it still has to do with language within the hihead.scne file.

In regards to 2K18 testing, I havn't messed with it yet. I still play 2K17 because I much prefer it. I know how to edit faces and bodies in 2K18, that's the furthest I got.

I think the discovery in general is a huge deal. Because so many players could be brought over for both games, specifically ones that were removed from 2K18 that were in 2K17. Examples such as Richard Dumas, and Mark West.

I'm going to mess with Kemp a bit more when I get home tonight and report back with the results.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 18, 2018 8:55 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Yeah I have noticed that. His eyes alternate between two states in edit player, with one of them being accompanied by the black arms. I have yet to experience the demon eyes. Maybe there is something else we have in the png.iff that is not necessary nor is it required to allow the player to show up, like something extra that is intended for 2K18. I will continue to look at that.

Have you been able to successfully swap eyes in blender before? When I try to join the new eyes with the rest of the CF into one object the eyes always come out really weird.

Sorry , just saw the eyes question.

Shrinkwrapping the eyes doesn't work, as you know. I have been able to use eyeballs from 2K17 from one player, and put them into another 2K17 player (because I screwed them up and wanted to keep the rest of my changes). From memory because this was awhile ago, it did work.

Something to keep in mind though, that was 2K17 with 2K17. Not only that, the eyes weren't crooked per say when I did it. They were just slightly warped. Honestly, I think it won't work (will try though), here is why:

When you first go into edit player, the player "flickers", that flicker is him suddenly LOOKING to the right. That flicker or twitch, or whatever you want to call it, means that the eyes actually turn left, they are not set that way. If I could freeze frame it, I can guarantee that before that flicker he is looking straight ahead, meaning the eyeball blender thing won't work.

I think you are right when you say that it has something to do with 2K18 file language messing with 2K17.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 18, 2018 11:49 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

See that's the thing, I actually went in and spent the time to convert the format of 2K17 LOD's to how it is in 2K18 - all 5 of them - I thought LOD's might be a good alternative to turning player detail to medium globally in order to get the glitching to at least not be visible in-game with broadcast view. But it hasn't helped.

Seems possible that the .mathnodes file is the culprit for both games but I don't know how we can fix it. This is driving me nuts because we are so close to being able to drop these players in and play.

Trevor, have you made any progress?

I messed around with the eyeballs last night, didn't work. Like I said, I don't think that's the case. I wonder what language is messing with 2K17.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Fri May 18, 2018 11:57 pm

Dee4Three earlier I was trying to say that I am not experiencing glitching during actual basketball games. Can you post a link with your converted Kemp so that I can mess around with it?
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 12:36 am

TGsoGood wrote:Dee4Three earlier I was trying to say that I am not experiencing glitching during actual basketball games. Can you post a link with your converted Kemp so that I can mess around with it?

I know thats what you meant, reporting it was the point.

Here is my conversion that includes my body edit. I ask that you not make a video using Kemp, as I am probably going to once we get him 100%. Trevor, if you want to mess around with it as well, go for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p623hvnb4v5ccyb/2K18%20Kemp%20for%202K17.zip

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat May 19, 2018 2:56 am

Dee4Three wrote:Trevor, have you made any progress?

I messed around with the eyeballs last night, didn't work. Like I said, I don't think that's the case. I wonder what language is messing with 2K17.

I believe I have pinpointed where in the hihead.SCNE file the issue might be. As of now, I am not sure what to do about it.

If you look closely at the deformation values under "Node", you will see that there are two new sections of values in 2K18 concerning collision (which might have something to do with jersey glitching in either game), and eyes (could be the source of the strange eye activity in 2K17). From what I read, collision has to do with how two meshes respond when they come in contact with one another (uniform-to-various parts of the body, one body-to-another, and even between two parts of the same body). In the case of the uniforms, it's possible that between the cloth mesh of the uniform and say, the torso of a player, this could cause some unnatural results if it isn't correct in the hihead.SCNE file.

The other noteworthy thing is that in order for these new values to interact with the other aspects of the hihead.SCNE file, several "Sibling" values were added under preexisting values where it says "Child". Which I believe is a fancy way of referring to different submeshes that make up the 3d model. Given this information, it does make sense that having or not having these values could be problematic for certain animations when converting CF's to either game. Either new, unfamiliar information in 2K17 or the lack of important information in 2K18. Here is a little side-by-side comparison of 2K17 and 2K18 files that shows what I am referring to.

Last edited by trevorjpt33 on Sat May 19, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 3:16 am

I had a feeling it had to do with the hihead.scne file, good catch.

Is there anything else we can try? Maybe manipulate the text somehow to make it not glitch in game?

By the way, he isn't "perfect" in game, even at his best. His eyes still shift constantly to the left and the right, he will look forward sometimes, but his eyes are constantly shifting. This happened with TGSOGOOD'S Dennis Smith Jr as well, I tried it in game.

TGsoGood, put your Dennis Smith Jr in game and play for like 30 seconds, and go into instant replay. Go close up to the face and watch him for the full 30 seconds, you will see his eyes moving left and right constantly (like he's paranoid or something). After, go look at a regular player and do the same thing. Something is wrong, we havn't even gotten it perfect on the court yet.

Trevor, did you try my Kemp in game?

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat May 19, 2018 3:21 am

Dee4Three wrote:I had a feeling it had to do with the hihead.scne file, good catch.

Is there anything else we can try? Maybe manipulate the text somehow to make it not glitch in game?

By the way, he isn't "perfect" in game, even at his best. His eyes still shift constantly to the left and the right, he will look forward sometimes, but his eyes are constantly shifting. This happened with TGSOGOOD'S Dennis Smith Jr as well, I tried it in game.

TGsoGood, put your Dennis Smith Jr in game and, play for like 30 seconds, and go into instant replay. Go close up to the face and watch him for the full 30 seconds, you will see his eyes moving left and right constantly (like he's paranoid or something). After, go look at a regular player and do the same thing. Something is wrong, we havn't even gotten it perfect on the court yet.

Trevor, did you try my Kemp in game?

I'd like to think that by deleting or copying in the appropriate values we can solve the issue at least for the most part. Since we did something similar with the values under "Morph" in order to convert to 2K18.
Also, because none of this information is observable in the 3D model in blender, so I think it is purely a matter of text.

I don't know much about this stuff but through trial and error hopefully we can figure out what specifically we need to do for each game.

I have not tried your Kemp in-game but I have seen some of what you describe with my Kemp as well.
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 3:29 am

I'd like to know why I can't get Kemp's skin tone to match that of which is in 2K18.

TGsoGood was able to get Dennis Smith Jr's to match perfectly, my Kemp is still slightly pale.

I did the same thing he did with the scale and offset process. You can see that I did it in the files I shared.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat May 19, 2018 6:53 am

Dee4Three wrote:I'd like to know why I can't get Kemp's skin tone to match that of which is in 2K18.

TGsoGood was able to get Dennis Smith Jr's to match perfectly, my Kemp is still slightly pale.

I did the same thing he did with the scale and offset process. You can see that I did it in the files I shared.

Are you referring to the color of his face or whole body?
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 7:03 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I'd like to know why I can't get Kemp's skin tone to match that of which is in 2K18.

His face, his body is perfect.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ach33 on Sat May 19, 2018 8:02 am

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum and I would like to know if one of you could tell me where I can find a free nba 2K18 on pc please ? I want to play and use the mods you guys created but i don't to buy it as i have it on ps4 lol. Can anyone help please ?
ach33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat May 19, 2018 8:15 am

Dee4Three wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

Ah, that's what I figured. It seems that the color masks within the face_color.TXTR file are much stronger in 2K18, so much so that it overpowers any color work done on the face_color.dds, but in 2K17 I have had to be a lot more detailed in the .dds as far as the hue of skin I am going for. I've been using adjustment layers in Photoshop. I still need to make more tweaks to get to what I want. This is what I have so far.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 am

ach33 wrote:Hi guys, i'm new to this forum and I would like to know if one of you could tell me where I can find a free nba 2K18 on pc please ? I want to play and use the mods you guys created but i don't to buy it as i have it on ps4 lol. Can anyone help please ?

This is only for people who have purchased the game legally on PC. Sorry.
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 8:29 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

Ah, that's what I figured. It seems that the color masks within the face_color.TXTR file are much stronger in 2K18, so much so that it overpowers any color work done on the face_color.dds, but in 2K17 I have had to be a lot more detailed in the .dds as far as the hue of skin I am going for. I've been using adjustment layers in Photoshop. I still need to make more tweaks to get to what I want. This is what I have so far.
[ Image ]

That looks really good!

How did TGSOGOOD'S Dennis Smith Jr come out so perfect though. He states in his post that no blender or photoshop needed, just notepad. Maybe he did work in photoshop to improve the texture?

I don't have Photoshop, I have paint.net and gimp.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Here is my Paul Pierce conversion, i've always thought the one in 2K18 was better.

Did the scale and offset values per instruction, and this is how he came out. Same issue as Kemp, Pale. For 2K17, does anybody know of a tutorial that shows how to fix the textures? I only have paint.net and Gimp.... It's not just the use of notepad like originally was stated on the Dennis Smith Jr post.

The face otherwise looks pretty damn good, other than the face that he lost his tattoos.

EDIT: Messed around with different scale/offsets from other faces (Used Andre Miller), and messed with the values a bit. I almost have him 100% perfect.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Okay, so these are my final edits. This is the best I could get the textures for both Kemp and Pierce, I've edited both bodies so there is no clipping through the jerseys and the bodies look more accurate to what they really looked like in real life. What do you guys think?

Both 2K18 players in 2K17. This is pretty cool... not gonna lie.

NOTE: One of the forms the players take is perfect. But it's rare, I kept adjusting the player in edit player (Changing shoulder width) and eventually I get the players looking completely forward with no glitching. This means IT IS POSSIBLE, we just have to find a way to lock that in.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Sat May 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Convert 2k17 png to 2k18 [MauMau78's Method]

I think I found a way to import 2k17 model into 2k18 withut jersey glitch in high player model or eye problem....I started looking at this becouse I need many player from 2k17 that are not in 2k18.

Here's the process:

- The basic idea is start from a 2k18 png becouse for sure it will load with correct jersey movement...you should start from here
- Remove any low level LOD as you would edit it in blender; In my example i started from 2k18 Deshaun Stevenson model and removing low LOD
- Now I just want to import .model from 2k17 into 2k18 file; I just extract .model from 2k17 png and rename it according to expected 2k18 .model (in this case 2k17 model will become hihead.f0d97b20dfc813e9.model)
- Now open 2k18 png SCNE file and copy "Material" and "Prim" sections from 2k17 png SCNE file...only those two sections I copy from 2k17 SCNE..keep everything else as default from 2k18
- Face texture must come from 2k17...we know that

That's all .....2k17 model will load ingame ...maybe you just need to adjust jersey and accessories size from .RDAT file (I still didn't edit this file)...becouse there is some jersey clipping....also I think using blender this can be solved.

Also this is 2k17 Walter McCarthy converted to 2k18

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2j803807p ... om_2k17.7z

...and this is Chris Duhon

Really hope this is helpful (Y)
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Sat May 19, 2018 9:41 pm

AH HA! Now I can make CFs for both games at once. MauMau, trevorjpt33, Dee4Three thank you all for your help testing!! This is incredible work.

I think I know how to get the 2k18 hair to work in 2k17. About to test.
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Sat May 19, 2018 11:45 pm

TGsoGood wrote:AH HA! Now I can make CFs for both games at once. MauMau, trevorjpt33, Dee4Three thank you all for your help testing!! This is incredible work.

TGsoGood for jersey fitting It's better to work on .RDAT parameters of better to use Blender to fit the model into jersey and accessories?

Am I woring or for 2k18 is better to just shrink (aka make it thin expecially on the chest) the model in Blender?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 am

I had to make the upper chest very thin to get the clipping in 2k18 to go away
Last edited by TGsoGood on Sun May 20, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 1:23 am

TGsoGood wrote:AH HA! Now I can make CFs for both games at once. MauMau, trevorjpt33, Dee4Three thank you all for your help testing!! This is incredible work.

Yeah the 3D hair is a big deal. Also, the tattoos.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R4zoR on Sun May 20, 2018 1:28 am

Dee4Three wrote:

The tattoos are pretty easy to convert, just gotta fix the skintones and that's pretty much it, they didn't change the mapping of them atleast.
R4zoR
9 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 1:32 am

R4zoR wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

The tattoos are pretty easy to convert, just gotta fix the skintones and that's pretty much it, they didn't change the mapping of them atleast.

Good to know.

I'll mess with that today. Thanks.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 1:37 am

TGsoGood wrote:I had to make the upper chest very thin to get the clippi g in 2k18 to go away

I had to do the opposite in 2K17. I had to make the players upper back a bit thinner which stopped the clipping.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 2:30 am

Hi all, I need help.

I converted the 92-93 Jordan from 2K18 to 2K17, I fixed his skin tone. He literally looks perfect, one problem....

When he wrinkled his forehead (Raises his eyebrows, he glitches. Look below at the before and after.

When he is not wrinkling his forehead... he looks perfect

When he is.....

I've completed the scale/offsets to the wrinkle o txtr and the face color o txtr. This didnt happen with Kemp or Pierce....

I also want to point out: I think some of these faces look better in 2K17 than in 2K18. I think the Jordan and Pierce are mote appealing to the eyes, and look more realistic when converted.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby gocats23 on Sun May 20, 2018 2:52 am

Is there anyway people with 2k17 could share the files for the players who were removed in 2k18? I would really like to be able to add players like Sheed, Arenas, etc. but I don’t own last years game.
gocats23

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 3:34 am

Fixed Jordan!

I went into paint.net and adjusted the brightness and contrast on the wrinkle texture file, actually got it right on the first try. Looks perfect now with no issues.

We have to figure out the eye glitch/black arms glitch, if we figure these out they will be perfect!

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 4:53 am

So the looking off to the side, and the taking different forms has 100% to do with the mathnodes file, and I'm frustrated.

If you put the 2K17 mathnodes file into the NBA 2K18 edited PNG, the player will only have one form, no black arms or anything, but with his eyes rolled into the back of his head. That one form is the correct form, but it doesn't work with the 2K18 files, a conflict exists making his eyes roll into the back of his head, it also created a slight texture issue.

Without the ability to make the mathnodes file compatible. I fear that we are stuck with him looking to the side and taking different forms.

Been messing with this all day, I'm frustrated.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:29 am

maumau78 wrote:Convert 2k17 png to 2k18 [MauMau78's Method]

I think I found a way to import 2k17 model into 2k18 withut jersey glitch in high player model or eye problem....I started looking at this becouse I need many player from 2k17 that are not in 2k18.

TGsoGood for jersey fitting It's better to work on .RDAT parameters of better to use Blender to fit the model into jersey and accessories?

Sweeet. Thank you. Tried it this morning and worked as you said. It was very refreshing to not see jerseys flopping around like an inflatable lol.

What has worked for me is both. Either shrinkwrapping to a 2K18 model or manually making edits in Blender so that when you are working with the appearance_info file you only have to make smaller adjustments. Otherwise it can be pretty tedious because you are estimating values and constantly checking in-game to see if they have the desired effect.
Last edited by trevorjpt33 on Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevorjpt33

Postby hokupguy on Sun May 20, 2018 5:33 am

great finds, i m sorry to go off topic but was wondering if parts of this concept might work converting arenas / gyms from 2k17 to 2k18 ? im out of town so havent yet been able to try..
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:42 am

Dee4Three wrote:So the looking off to the side, and the taking different forms has 100% to do with the mathnodes file, and I'm frustrated.

If you put the 2K17 mathnodes file into the NBA 2K18 edited PNG, the player will only have one form, no black arms or anything, but with his eyes rolled into the back of his head. That one form is the correct form, but it doesn't work with the 2K18 files, a conflict exists making his eyes roll into the back of his head, it also created a slight texture issue.

Without the ability to make the mathnodes file compatible. I fear that we are stuck with him looking to the side and taking different forms.

Have you tried doing the reverse of what MauMau said and working from a 2K17 png archive / adding in the same two sections in hihead.SCNE from 2K18, and changing name of model appropriately?

I didn’t get the chance to test that in 2K17 this morning but I will when I get home. I will be looking into it tonight.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:55 am

gocats23 wrote:Is there anyway people with 2k17 could share the files for the players who were removed in 2k18? I would really like to be able to add players like Sheed, Arenas, etc. but I don’t own last years game.

Yes. I was planning on releasing converted CF’s for people that aren’t able to convert or have trouble on their own. That way everyone can take advantage of the new discovery.
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 6:01 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:So the looking off to the side, and the taking different forms has 100% to do with the mathnodes file, and I'm frustrated.

Have you tried doing the reverse of what MauMau said and working from a 2K17 png archive / adding in the same two sections in hihead.SCNE from 2K18, and changing name of model appropriately?

I didn’t get the chance to test that in 2K17 this morning but I will when I get home. I will be looking into it tonight.

Tried all of that, running out of ideas.

Good news though, shrinkwrapping works to get rid of the glitching accessories. I used my new edited 2K18 Jordan, and shrinkwrapped the NBA 2K17 Jordan body over his. It stopped the accessories from glitching, they fit now. So now it's the 2K18 Jordan with the 2K17 body.

He looks damn good... but it's not acceptable unless we can figure out the eyes/arms glitch thing.

2K18 Jordan face, 2K17 body. Accessories are now 100% perfect.

2K18 face on 2K17 (Fluke chance that I got his eyes to look straight, exiting edit player and going back in makes them go off to the side)

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby gocats23 on Sun May 20, 2018 6:37 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
gocats23 wrote:Is there anyway people with 2k17 could share the files for the players who were removed in 2k18? I would really like to be able to add players like Sheed, Arenas, etc. but I don’t own last years game.

Yes. I was planning on releasing converted CF’s for people that aren’t able to convert or have trouble on their own. That way everyone can take advantage of the new discovery.

Thank you so much - I greatly appreciate it!!!!
gocats23

Postby ilja23mia on Sun May 20, 2018 7:23 am

Can i request that one cf or Faceform from 2k17 to 2k18 ?

http://www.moddingway.com/file/225257.html
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun May 20, 2018 2:17 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:Have you tried doing the reverse of what MauMau said and working from a 2K17 png archive / adding in the same two sections in hihead.SCNE from 2K18, and changing name of model appropriately?

Dee4Three wrote:Tried all of that, running out of ideas.

Good news though, shrinkwrapping works to get rid of the glitching accessories. I used my new edited 2K18 Jordan, and shrinkwrapped the NBA 2K17 Jordan body over his. It stopped the accessories from glitching, they fit now. So now it's the 2K18 Jordan with the 2K17 body.

He looks damn good... but it's not acceptable unless we can figure out the eyes/arms glitch thing.

Regarding the black arms glitch, I had this happen when I began converting my Kobe from 2K18. I deleted the lines in the face_color.TXTR that say "Mask" and "RangeCompressed". It's almost like it's a different version of the black arms glitch that we've been having. It happens the same way, periodically in edit player screen.

Possibly by leaving out certain lines from 2K18 or inserting other lines aside from "Scale" and "Offset" from 2K17 , we may be able to pinpoint which file is causing it. It kind of makes sense because the .TXTR files aren't all that similar between games as far as the values within them. I'm going to play around with them some more.

Happened once with just one arm

And then again with both arms at varying degrees
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 20, 2018 2:28 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:Have you tried doing the reverse of what MauMau said and working from a 2K17 png archive / adding in the same two sections in hihead.SCNE from 2K18, and changing name of model appropriately?

Dee4Three wrote:Tried all of that, running out of ideas.

Regarding the black arms glitch, I had this happen when I began converting my Kobe from 2K18. I deleted the lines in the face_color.TXTR that say "Mask" and "RangeCompressed". It's almost like it's a different version of the black arms glitch that we've been having. It happens the same way, periodically in edit player screen.

Possibly by leaving out certain lines from 2K18 or inserting other lines aside from "Scale" and "Offset" from 2K17 , we may be able to pinpoint which file is causing it. It kind of makes sense because the .TXTR files aren't all that similar between games as far as the values within them. I'm going to play around with them some more.

[ Image ]

Happened once with just one arm

[ Image ]

And then again with both arms at varying degrees

I've been having those instances with mine anyway, there's probably 6 or 7 different forms the player takes.

How can we break into the .mathnodes file?

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm

hokupguy wrote:great finds, i m sorry to go off topic but was wondering if parts of this concept might work converting arenas / gyms from 2k17 to 2k18 ? im out of town so havent yet been able to try..

Theorically is just a matter of .SCNE but I didn't try them out as now.....I will try later (Y)
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:11 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:

Here's a short list of retro players missing in 2k18 but present in 2k17....I have 2k17 If someone need files I can send to you....It would really help retro rosters maker (Y)

0389 Rasheed Wallace
    0443 Brian Skinner
    0550 Elton Brand
    0633 Joel Przybilla
    0634 Keyon Dooling
    0810 DeSagana Diop
    0813 Vladimir Radmanovic
    0908 Chris Wilcox
    0933 Dan Gadzuric
    1014 Darko Milicic
    1091 Carlos Arroyo
    1290 Ronny Turiaf