.

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby imescobarlopez on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:19 am

Okay cool :)
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am

New to this forum, but I read this page, and i don't understand why there is drama, Awei1121 said he will share his previously paid faces for free, and is opting for more support donation approach instead, that's good from him. (Y)

No need to turn this into argument for no reason, we all just trying to enjoy the game here, it's a game nothing serious friends

Awei1121, great cyber faces thank you for sharing and we wait for other faces to be released :D
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:28 am

Kyrie-swerving wrote:New to this forum, but I read this page, and i don't understand why there is drama, Awei1121 said he will share his previously paid faces for free, and is opting for more support donation approach instead, that's good from him. (Y)

No need to turn this into argument for no reason, we all just trying to enjoy the game here, it's a game nothing serious friends

Awei1121, great cyber faces thank you for sharing and we wait for other faces to be released :D


Again, it wasn't turning it into an argument for no reason. He mentioned that he sells his faces on a Chinese forum for 0.15 cents a pop, which rubs people the wrong way, and is not acceptable in this community. Not one person in here questioned the modders ability to create great mods, and not one person accused him of selling mods here on NLSC. And the "It's a game" argument holds no ground, because that statement minimizes community standards and policies. Certain things are illegal (Like charging for mods), and other practices are downright disrespectful, like stealing mods/sharing as the persons own even though they didn't create the original work.

This comment is flat out not true:

we all just trying to enjoy the game here


No, many who steal work, charge for mods, show previews without releasing, are actually not just trying to enjoy the game. They are showboating for self gratification, for an ego boost. When stealing work, they are also looking to gain income (selfish reasons) at any rate possible, which is a selfish act and has absolutely nothing to do with just "Trying to enjoy the game".

I am all set with this modder, as he hasn't pulled anything shady at the NLSC (Other than admitting to selling mods on Chinese forums). He releases his work on here, he seems to have good intentions. But don't minimize the seriousness of others complaints, just because the act doesn't bother you specifically. People have a right to speak up.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:39 am

Dee4Three wrote:
white-choco55 wrote:PS: That move of your avatar was pure genius :D


Thanks!

Huge Jason Williams fan here, one of the most underrated players of all time IMO. Maybe the best handles/flashy passer in NBA History. Chris Webber even said that Jason Williams had the best handles he ever saw.



J Will was a smaller version of the original, "Pistol Pete" Maravich. Loved watching them both.
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 2682
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Ray4Three0906 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:28 am

Selling CFs in Chinese forums but free sharing here? Dude what's your point man? What is this double standard?
Chinese modding community is so fked up currently cuz of guys like him. Only very few modders (mostly the OGs like MLLR & Mr.Star & Shasha) now have the motivation to make free mods (they are the real heros).
Awei was one of my fav modders at the beginning, his T-Mac was super on point. But ever since he started selling his work, they have been retrogressing so hard, like his Kwahi was like 200% worse than the original one.
He realized that he didn't have to try that hard to make profits.
User avatar
Ray4Three0906
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:02 am

Ray4Three0906 wrote:Selling CFs in Chinese forums but free sharing here? Dude what's your point man? What is this double standard?
Chinese modding community is so fked up currently cuz of guys like him. Only very few modders (mostly the OGs like MLLR & Mr.Star & Shasha) now have the motivation to make free mods (they are the real heros).
Awei was one of my fav modders at the beginning, his T-Mac was super on point. But ever since he started selling his work, they have been retrogressing so hard, like his Kwahi was like 200% worse than the original one.
He realized that he didn't have to try that hard to make profits.



My point is, he hasn't bent the rules here.

I've already stated how I felt and many in the community feel about the actions that took place on the Chinese Forums, and how they feel about the mentioning of charging 0.15 cents for his mods.

I am absolutely against his actions in the Chinese forum, and any of those actions that take place here. But, we are on the NLSC, and he hasn't broken any rules here yet.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Seems fair, so if he didn't break the rules, can you resume posting your CFs Awei1121? :twisted: we are waiting
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Never understood why people sell CFs knowing it isnt their property.
User avatar
Rodzilla91
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:Never understood why people sell CFs knowing it isnt their property.


There is considerable amount of effort that goes into making them, i tried my luck with it, knowing im fairly decent at photoshop, so blender shouldn't be a tough mountain to climb, but the process is fairly long, get the files extract it with 7zip load it into explorer find the right face or body file, then move to blender...i got low attention span for that, i loose interest real quick, so i gave up, if the stages were lesser to loading the file into Blender i probably would've made faces too last year..but i got frustrated.

So there is effort, there is no denying it, i just think like one poster alluded in the last page, the donation road as means of reward and support seems more reasonable than selling outright, it is like photoshop photo touching, people do pay for that service, whether or not the original content belongs to the photoshop user.

and he chose to release his CF's for free here, whether he posted them for money or not in other places is really irrelevant
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:Never understood why people sell CFs knowing it isnt their property.


There is considerable amount of effort that goes into making them, i tried my luck with it, knowing im fairly decent at photoshop, so blender shouldn't be a tough mountain to climb, but the process is fairly long, get the files extract it with 7zip load it into explorer find the right face or body file, then move to blender...i got low attention span for that, i loose interest real quick, so i gave up, if the stages were lesser to loading the file into Blender i probably would've made faces too last year..but i got frustrated.

So there is effort, there is no denying it, i just think like one poster alluded in the last page, the donation road as means of reward and support seems more reasonable than selling outright, it is like photoshop photo touching, people do pay for that service, whether or not the original content belongs to the photoshop user.

and he chose to release his CF's for free here, whether he posted them for money or not in other places is really irrelevant


But my point is that it's not their property lol. I have made personal CFs for myself thru last gen and next gen and I know the amount of work and time and testing that goes through doing that, but when you start charging for cyberfaces you not only are doing something illegal, but you will be shunned by the entire modding community. Donations are understandable because it's not required, and motivates them, but what's the point in selling it? Especially when a customer could just leak the file and then everyone will have it.

And for whether or not it's relevant, it's a blemish on the entire modding community. People who still make & charge work for NBA 2k14, a game released 5 years ago, have a huge inflated ego because they make work for a game so graphically outdated compared to later releases.


If you want to take credit and sell stuff that isn't yours, feel free.
User avatar
Rodzilla91
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:Never understood why people sell CFs knowing it isnt their property.

If you want to take credit and sell stuff that isn't yours, feel free.


I don't understand this narrative at all, i'm frequent at Devianart, behance and other illustration and photo editing sites, and you have many people who sell art that is basically "Photo-manipulation" taking "stock" photos and editing them to their liking, cutting, stitching and what not, is it ethical? whose to know

i think if you put effort into something, we are not talking about right and wrong, ethical or not, but if you put work into something, you can claim reward, whether it is outright pricing or donation that is a matter of preference.

an example perhaps is Car Modifying shops, are they not entitled for reward if they put in work and effort to paint, or modify your car? considering that is your car at the end of the day?

Look from my prospective it's a matter of personal preference not a matter of ethics, whether the person chooses to be kind enough to give his modified work for free or charge a "symbolic" fee as the poster noted, post the CF on multiple ad sites, or just preferred to add a Donation tab to his work, at the end of the day, you and the modifer choose the ethics meter that either drives you to gladly pay or gladly reject paying, gladly download it or not

The guy said he is posting his work "Here" for free, whats the problem, why the unnecessary quarreling about his past endeavors on other sites, is this the sub-chinese forum? or site he posted his previous work in?

Let the guy post, and if he deviates from this sites rules, then give him an ethics lesson otherwise let's move on, this falls into the category of making a mountain out of a molehill
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:snip



He can post his work here for free all he wants, but just because he does that does not mean he's just excused to sell his mods on other sites, he's still going to get shamed for it. And what kind of comparison is that? How are you going to compare a mod for a game to a car? They are both different in just about every way, the only point you were making was that it is legal for car shops to modify your car, bypassing the higher up of it. I don't understand why you're defending him for what he's doing. I get that he's releasing his work for free on THIS site but that still doesn't detract from the point that he is still asking for money for work that isn't legal to sell.

They're great faces, but I don't have to kiss up to him and not shun him for making others pay for it.

From what I would think, it's illegal to consider it as your work and to sell it as is, but I don't see 2K doing anything about it anytime soon, and the same goes for deviantart and the people on there. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.
User avatar
Rodzilla91
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:snip



He can post his work here for free all he wants, but just because he does that does not mean he's just excused to sell his mods on other sites, he's still going to get shamed for it. And what kind of comparison is that? How are you going to compare a mod for a game to a car? They are both different in just about every way, the only point you were making was that it is legal for car shops to modify your car, bypassing the higher up of it. I don't understand why you're defending him for what he's doing. I get that he's releasing his work for free on THIS site but that still doesn't detract from the point that he is still asking for money for work that isn't legal to sell.

They're great faces, but I don't have to kiss up to him and not shun him for making others pay for it.

From what I would think, it's illegal to consider it 100% your work and to sell it as is, but I don't see 2K doing anything about it anytime soon, and the same goes for deviantart and the people on there. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.


You've taken the what was rather a respectable debate, and twisted to fit your argument, kiss up to him!, for CF's, :facepalm2: , all i'm saying why give the lad an ethics lesson about something he did elsewhere, it is a grey area, there are no rulebooks or laws that says you can or can't sell a cyber face if you wanted to or whether its legal or illegal, show me that book and ill side with you, and if there was such book here on this site, he did not break it's rules, so as it remains, they are just personal opinions, flawed, and up for debate, which i was doing!

Want to shame him? for what? charging for his work?, i see many others who enjoy blue balling members by posting previews for months without releasing anything, i think they are more worthy of shaming, than someone who tells you outright "you want my work, pay for it"

I'll just leave it at that
Last edited by Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 pm

From someone who has been in multiple groups on FB dedicated to sharing mods for NBA 2k games, kissing up to people is not an uncommon trend in them.

Totalrebound (I forget his real name), who posted on here several times blue balling people of his "nanotech" global had posted on one of those groups, and many members of it were kissing up to him for him to release it, even as far as commenting on his profile asking him to reply. I know that that isn't the NLSC, but for the modding community as a whole it is definitely a lower point. People are treating their mods like a sacred gem, and hanging them over the consumer's head.

I'm really not that worried about someone making people pay for their mods. I think it's just wrong, at this point we don't know if it is 100% illegal because 2K does not acknowledge modding, but they are taking resources from a game and slightly tweaking it and selling it as their precious work.

Do you REALLY think I'm defending people blue balling others by just showing previews? That was not even relevant to my argument.
User avatar
Rodzilla91
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:From someone who has been in multiple groups on FB dedicated to sharing mods for NBA 2k games, kissing up to people is not an uncommon trend in them.

Totalrebound (I forget his real name), who posted on here several times blue balling people of his "nanotech" global had posted on one of those groups, and many members of it were kissing up to him for him to release it, even as far as commenting on his profile asking him to reply. I know that that isn't the NLSC, but for the modding community as a whole it is definitely a lower point. People are treating their mods like a sacred gem.

I'm really not that worried about someone making people pay for their mods. I think it's just wrong, at this point we don't know if it is 100% illegal because 2K does not acknowledge modding, but they are taking resources from a game and slightly tweaking it and selling it as their precious work.



forget about the guy and his cyberfaces, whether they are good or not, sure i like many others are excited by these releases cyberfaces and other mods by members of this community to upgrade the game.

my response was directed at something i just couldn't understand the basis of, if he sold his stuff elsewhere in some chinese forum, what exactly does it have to do with anything related to his contributions on NLSC? that's all i asked and as it stands = no reasonable answer, just overreactions and suspect opinions.

Didn't the chinese site allow him to sell his work, did he break it's rules, did 2k release an updated policy explaining it's stance on people who sell cyberfaces, balls, stadiums and jersey modifications...
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:snip


My argument won't resonate with you, so I'll just stop trying to get you to understand my point of view. As far as the chinese forums he advertises his work on. I don't know exactly off the top of my head what he sells the mods on, but ali213 supports piracy as far as I know, so if he advertises selling mods on ali213, then I'm not really surprised no action has been taken on there. I'm sure he knows that that doesn't fly on the NLSC so he decided to share his mods for free.
User avatar
Rodzilla91
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:snip


My argument won't resonate with you, so I'll just stop trying to get you to understand my point of view. As far as the chinese forums he advertises his work on. I don't know exactly off the top of my head what he sells the mods on, but ali213 supports piracy as far as I know, so if he advertises selling mods on ali213, then I'm not really surprised no action has been taken on there. I'm sure he knows that that doesn't fly on the NLSC so he decided to share his mods for free.


No biggie, i think the guy left his thread anyways from all the negative responses, one guy told him to learn english for gods sake, so great let's celebrate this grandiose moral victory haha :mrgreen:

in gist think it's alright, and shouldn't draw that much of a negative of response if someone tells you he worked on something and asking to be paid for it, i wouldn't do it personally because i don't see that money alters my life in ways it does others, even though i been out of work for a few months and struggling, and plus i think in essence we are trying to play a video game, and share fun along the way, i appreciate the ones who post the work for free, but if you choose to charge for it, i'm not going to be angry about it.

What pisses me off truly, are other modders who make people wait for their releases while they go ego jerking themselves (N)
Last edited by Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Sometimes I think people now are too focused on how good the game looks as opposed to actually playing it.
User avatar
Rodzilla91
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:Sometimes I think people now are too focused on how good the game looks as opposed to actually playing it.



Nah i do play the game, actually i started playing it again not because of the faces or mods, but after finding decent sliders made by someone called Devroyce, which made the game feel less broken and actually play like a basketball game, but the extra mods sure help sustain the shine on a game that was released in october.

Infact i paid for the game and returned it before steams 2 hr time limit, because of how broken the online pc servers were, so until i came across this whole sliders thing, i was playing other games.
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:Sometimes I think people now are too focused on how good the game looks as opposed to actually playing it.



Nah i do play the game, actually i started playing it again not because of the faces or mods, but after finding decent sliders made by someone called Devroyce, which made the game feel less broken and actually play like a basketball game, but the extra mods sure help sustain the shine on a game that was released in october.

Infact i paid for the game and returned it before steams 2 hr time limit, because of how broken the online pc servers were, so until i came across this whole sliders thing, i was playing other games.



It wasn't towards you, I was just saying in general
User avatar
Rodzilla91
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:Sometimes I think people now are too focused on how good the game looks as opposed to actually playing it.



Nah i do play the game, actually i started playing it again not because of the faces or mods, but after finding decent sliders made by someone called Devroyce, which made the game feel less broken and actually play like a basketball game, but the extra mods sure help sustain the shine on a game that was released in october.

Infact i paid for the game and returned it before steams 2 hr time limit, because of how broken the online pc servers were, so until i came across this whole sliders thing, i was playing other games.



It wasn't towards you, I was just saying in general



All good man, no harm done, enjoy your day (Y)
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:Sometimes I think people now are too focused on how good the game looks as opposed to actually playing it.



Nah i do play the game, actually i started playing it again not because of the faces or mods, but after finding decent sliders made by someone called Devroyce, which made the game feel less broken and actually play like a basketball game, but the extra mods sure help sustain the shine on a game that was released in october.

Infact i paid for the game and returned it before steams 2 hr time limit, because of how broken the online pc servers were, so until i came across this whole sliders thing, i was playing other games.



If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those sliders from? Been looking for decent ones. Are they for the PC? Thx.
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 2682
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Ovi on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:45 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those sliders from? Been looking for decent ones. Are they for the PC? Thx.



here mate (Y) The hall of fame sliders, he modified yesterday, still didn't test the new ones, i been modifying them myself, cause i found that driving is bit lacking, but the game play is great, and forces you to use sets that actually complete all the way through not get broken up after the defense traps.


https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... -fame.html
User avatar
Ovi
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:32 am

Ovi wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those sliders from? Been looking for decent ones. Are they for the PC? Thx.



here mate (Y) The hall of fame sliders, he modified yesterday, still didn't test the new ones, i been modifying them myself, cause i found that driving is bit lacking, but the game play is great, and forces you to use sets that actually complete all the way through not get broken up after the defense traps.


https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... -fame.html



yes i agree there is less drives to the basket, in these sliders, if you figure it out, let us know, it is the only thing missing, i've tried many alternative sliders, but these play great :cheeky:, this thread has gone leftfield from the looks of it, ill see my self out
User avatar
Kyrie-swerving
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:06 am

Ovi wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those sliders from? Been looking for decent ones. Are they for the PC? Thx.



here mate (Y) The hall of fame sliders, he modified yesterday, still didn't test the new ones, i been modifying them myself, cause i found that driving is bit lacking, but the game play is great, and forces you to use sets that actually complete all the way through not get broken up after the defense traps.


https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... -fame.html



He took the slider set off the site.
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 2682
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby cjdakid3 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:11 am

Can you release your Brandon Roy?
cjdakid3
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby hejiabe95 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
imescobarlopez wrote:
Mr. Star has every right, as does any modder.. to be upset about work being stolen/sold somewhere else. Whether the mod takes 1 hour, or days, it's still not that persons work to claim as their own. Again, it's not always going to be positive feedback. I have spoken out about people using my rosters on 2K17 for fake 2K18 hype videos, or saying that Miller and Barkley would be in the game in 2K18 (Using my roster as footage). I know that Mr. Star, R4zor, VOID, PeacemanNOT, etc work very hard on mods, I know how much pride they take in that work. It's a video game, yes... but it's still art, it's still art somebody created. Us modders have every right to speak out against stolen work, or work that is charged for. It's not good for the community, period.


He should not care that much, that's what I meant. I work as hard as everyone on my mods (Days sometimes, like you said), but the difference is, I won't dive through every modding page looking for a mod who's been stolen from me or If I ramdomly see them, I will laugh at it, 'cause the guy who uploaded that, can't do what I do. I mod, then I share my work with you guys and play the game. In other words, I was trying to give him an advice. Sorry If I was misunderstood, I speak spanish so that could have happened.


No worries, I think you are doing fine with English.

Just remember, not everybody is you. Just because you would laugh at it, doesn't mean someone else will. I personally don't laugh at such things, I absolutely call the person out given I have the platform to do so. I think the majority of modders do care if work is stolen/sold, that was created by them. I believe you are actually in the minority here.

However, that's cool that you can do that, and I would have to say that it makes you pretty strong mentally in order to just move on from it, or laugh at it. But again, I think you are in the minority here.


You are right, bro (Y) (Y) (Y)
I saw some people posted the very foolish comments here, plz don't care about them, they are totally crazy.
I completely can not understand the purpose of some offensive words,I mean, actually, these guys are not the stakeholder, right?
Some people just harm others without benefiting themselves, sometimes, they even harm themselves only for attacking others.
I really dont know the reason how such crazy behaviors be produced.
It is reasonable that the manager of this forum will give some suggestions and warnings to him, because if there is an on-sale mod, the forum will be under the pressure of the regulatory and interest groups. They are doing the right things, isn't it? (Y) (Y) (Y)
It is reasonable that the stakeholders of 2K will stand out to fight against infringement for profit making. They are doing the right things, isn't it? (Y) (Y)
However, besides these two kinds of people, how about the other offensive words? WTF? I mean, are their guys serious? (N) (N) (N) (N) (N) If you are a really 2K fan, you are doing something that damages yourself and others!!!!! holy monkey shit!!
I only thing I know is that whether free or charged mods, it makes the game better, whether legal or illegal, they will stimulate 2K to do the better games in the future. The problems of players model and texture in 2K is not a question of financial expenses at all, but only the question of their attitude. As a 2k fan, I only want the game better.
hejiabe95
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby cuizdockie on Wed May 16, 2018 1:14 pm

wow! this cyberfaces's cool!.. it's so real! nicely done
cuizdockie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby dbzx on Wed May 16, 2018 3:12 pm

wow great cyberfaces! Glad somebody fix pippens and hardaways CF!. Keep up the good work!!
dbzx
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:58 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 22, 2018 10:59 pm

FYI - I was wrong about your Jordan tried it in 2K17 via a 2K17 conversion from 2K18 and it looks unreal.

It's the best Jordan I've ever seen. I had stated I wasn't a fan of it prior because from the screenshots I didn't see a lot of improvement (And the texture looked dark to me). But, when in game its amazing. Especially with the conversion to 2K17. I posted these on the conversion thread, but check out your Jordan in 2K17.

Amazing work, thanks!

Image
Image
Image
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri May 25, 2018 2:54 am

Dee4Three wrote:FYI - I was wrong about your Jordan tried it in 2K17 via a 2K17 conversion from 2K18 and it looks unreal.

It's the best Jordan I've ever seen. I had stated I wasn't a fan of it prior because from the screenshots I didn't see a lot of improvement (And the texture looked dark to me). But, when in game its amazing. Especially with the conversion to 2K17. I posted these on the conversion thread, but check out your Jordan in 2K17.

Amazing work, thanks!

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]


I take it he was not happy about people using his creations. Packed up and deleted everything.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 25, 2018 3:02 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:FYI - I was wrong about your Jordan tried it in 2K17 via a 2K17 conversion from 2K18 and it looks unreal.

It's the best Jordan I've ever seen. I had stated I wasn't a fan of it prior because from the screenshots I didn't see a lot of improvement (And the texture looked dark to me). But, when in game its amazing. Especially with the conversion to 2K17. I posted these on the conversion thread, but check out your Jordan in 2K17.

Amazing work, thanks!

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]


I take it he was not happy about people using his creations. Packed up and deleted everything.


We can't be 100% sure of the motive... but if that's the case...

A lot of modders seem to be into modding for all the wrong reasons. I literally praised him for this Jordan in my most recent comment, and stood up for him when someone insulted his English (and I complimented his Rondo).

I also looked at VOIDS thread, the one he shut down. Do you have any idea how many compliments are on that thread? It's mind boggling. The dude was loved here (VOID if you are reading this, I am not attacking you, I'm making a point). VOID cited not receiving enough appreciation, but he received PLENTY of it, so much of it. I think people miss his work here as well.

If the OP shut this thread down because I posted a non released Jordan conversion for a past game, just to show how good conversions can be and compliment his work, that is insane. But without knowing the full story, I have to think that can't be the reason (or the main reason). Maybe it has to do with him going the monetary route again on the Chinese forums? If he closed down the thread now based on a comment I made about his Jordan on page one, that's insane. That's one comment in a slew of other comments, and a feedback comment such as that shouldn't drive a modder to shut down his thread, especially after all the work they put into the mods.


I'm guessing we won't know the full story, but it's sad that this keeps happening.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri May 25, 2018 3:07 am

Dee4Three wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:FYI - I was wrong about your Jordan tried it in 2K17 via a 2K17 conversion from 2K18 and it looks unreal.

It's the best Jordan I've ever seen. I had stated I wasn't a fan of it prior because from the screenshots I didn't see a lot of improvement (And the texture looked dark to me). But, when in game its amazing. Especially with the conversion to 2K17. I posted these on the conversion thread, but check out your Jordan in 2K17.

Amazing work, thanks!

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]


I take it he was not happy about people using his creations. Packed up and deleted everything.


We can't be 100% sure of the motive... but if that's the case...

A lot of modders seem to be into modding for all the wrong reasons. I literally praised him for this Jordan in my most recent comment, and stood up for him when someone insulted his English (and I complimented his Rondo).

I also looked at VOIDS thread, the one he shut down. Do you have any idea how many compliments are on that thread? It's mind boggling. The dude was loved here (VOID if you are reading this, I am not attacking you, I'm making a point). VOID cited not receiving enough appreciation, but he received PLENTY of it, so much of it. I think people miss his work here as well.

If the OP shut this thread down because I posted a non released Jordan conversion to a past game, just to show how good conversions can be and compliment his work, that is insane. But without knowing the full story, I have to think that can't be the reason (or the main reason). Maybe it has to do with him going the monetary route again on the Chinese forums?


I'm guessing we won't know the full story, but it's sad that this keeps happening.


I apologize, I didn’t mean to insinuate it was you. Just like you said, I meant it more in the sense that it’s unfortunate some people respond this way and approach modding as a selfish endevour.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: .

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 25, 2018 3:15 am

No worries, I don't think you were really blaming me. I think as a whole it's dissapointing when this stuff happens.

Good thing I grabbed the Rondo before the links were removed.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2kfanatics, Google [Bot] and 19 guests