[jk31] New: Miami Heat Dornas

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [jk31 Various Mods] New: CelticsDornas

Postby ksmiz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 am

hahaha wow dude why do you keep doing random things instead of just copy and pasting?

jk31 did all the work for you
ksmiz

Postby Davi Soares Pacheco on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Hello My friends, answer me a question if possible, have stopped making new dornas?
Davi Soares Pacheco

Postby jk31 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 pm

I am just busy in the last few days. I will continue making some more, but I think it will be until next week before I am doing more.
jk31

Postby KBMAMBA24 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:13 pm

your dornas are amazing and it works everything for me thank you I hope you go to make others very quickly

sorry my bad english (Y)
KBMAMBA24

Postby EastendFinest on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:08 am

After resetting my PC...I placed the +NYK files in the appropriate locations and they work! (Y)
"I am a STRONG man!! ANYONE in this office, take a RUN AT ME!! :lol:
EastendFinest

Postby bernalyggim on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:36 pm

need help.. lakers fan here from ph. cant make it work. just downloaded ur dornas, then pasted it to "modded" folder. nothing happened
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bernalyggim

Postby ksmiz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 am

bernalyggim wrote:need help.. lakers fan here from ph. cant make it work. just downloaded ur dornas, then pasted it to "modded" folder. nothing happened

try renaming 015.iff to 015_ph.iff
ksmiz

Postby bernalyggim on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:09 pm

ksmiz wrote:
bernalyggim wrote:need help.. lakers fan here from ph. cant make it work. just downloaded ur dornas, then pasted it to "modded" folder. nothing happened

thanks man!!! it worked. so for the other teams, i have to add _ph?
bernalyggim

Postby bernalyggim on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 pm

bernalyggim wrote:
ksmiz wrote:

thanks man!!! it worked. so for the other teams, i have to add _ph?

doesnt work on MC though?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bernalyggim

Postby jk31 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 am

What I experienced few days ago is, that in the playoffs, the dornas don't seem to work, too if you are from a different region (I live in germany for example, which means I use the 0xx_eu.iff files). What I did was making a copy of the files, so that I always have (example for the pacers) 020.iff and 020_eu.iff. After that, the dornas did work in the playoffs. Maybe it is the same for MyCareer? Try it with one of the dorna packs and make of copy of (for example) 015_ph.iff and rename it to 015.iff. Tell me if it works for you.
jk31

Re: [jk31 Various Mods] New: Sixers Dornas

Postby jk31 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:07 am

ksmiz wrote:
jk31 wrote:Yeah sure, but this requires overwriting the dornas of another team then, I guess? Or am I wrong at my part right now?

Yeah I think you're wrong ha it is okay though we can figure out a way to do it. We need to find some ".iff" files that aren't used or so rarely used they wouldn't mind modding them. Then we will just use that file name (doesn't exactly have to be another dorna or of the same size or anything like that)

check out jhb420returns's thread http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=104825&p=1916856#p1916856

What the file was to begin with isn't really important (unless you mod a necessary file)
We are basically instructing it where to go and what to show so when we mod some random file into a dorna file it will read it off find it and display the dornas just fine.

If you make the dornas and post them or send them to me I'll set it up so you can see what I mean but eventually you'll realize wow there is a lot more possibilities than you first thought

thanks @jhb420returns

What you proposed is actually working! I tested it out with the Thunder and used a dorna file from the Australian National Team from last year, which only had 3 panel files. I emptied the .iff file and pasted in 8 panel files from a different dorna .iff file and see it worked!

I just found several dorna files, that are never used. Australia, Team USA, Euroleague and several College Teams for example. I will try and see what I can achieve with them. Stay tuned!
jk31

Postby Solo_Dolo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:32 am

Nice job looking forward to see what you come up with
Solo_Dolo

Postby ksmiz on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 am

bernalyggim wrote:thanks man!!! it worked. so for the other teams, i have to add _ph?

Yeah I guess so. Anytime you see a number .iff with the dorna mods you are going to want to change that.
That 015.iff is the list for the default or english region/language(idk) for ph there is a different list (it is basically so that you go to the right website if you see the dorna and do want to check out that website. Instead of just .com there must be some ph variant of their website that they suggest you go to)

Sorry but I don't know what to tell you for MC.

jk31 wrote:What you proposed is actually working! I tested it out with the Thunder and used a dorna file from the Australian National Team from last year, which only had 3 panel files. I emptied the .iff file and pasted in 8 panel files from a different dorna .iff file and see it worked!
I just found several dorna files, that are never used. Australia, Team USA, Euroleague and several College Teams for example. I will try and see what I can achieve with them. Stay tuned!

Nice! You do not need to specifically use dorna.iff files though. All iff's are are basically zip files. But the idea behind it is the list is just read literally and iffs are the files used in the game so the logical choice would be to try to find iff files that aren't essential to gameplay and to repurpose them.

What I suggested at first (jhb420returns idea) is not exactly going to work for our friends who happen to be in other parts of the world. But for that example the other region list file was repurposed into a dorna file. The instruction list is going to find whatever file you tell it to. If you mod that file into a dorna it will work for the purpose we want it to

You could probably make a dorna file and rename it nbaball.iff and place it into your list and it will show that dorna. Obviously don't do this because you need the ball but the original file and what it was used for doesn't matter unless in this case it is something important like the main basketball used throughout the game
ksmiz

Postby jk31 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am

Yeah but I think it is easier (and especially safer) to use dorna files first before starting to repurpose different files.
jk31

Postby ksmiz on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:49 pm

jk31 wrote:Yeah but I think it is easier (and especially safer) to use dorna files first before starting to repurpose different files.

yes that is a smart move. You're doing really good on the photoshop work btw great quality
ksmiz

Re: [jk31 Various Mods] New: OKC Dornas

Postby jk31 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 pm

I finished the OKC Dornas. Unfortunately I cannot make preview screenshots of them, because 2k is just flooding us with stupid VC ads in the game... I will make a preview after this crap has gone.

Because OKC doesn't have their own dornas files, I have overwritten several unused dorna files including Australia Basketball, Team USA Basketball, Illinois and Euroleague dornas. This means, that the files will come also in several different folders, depending from which team the overwritten dorna file originally comes. Just paste the whole modded folder included in my download into the NBA 2k18 main folder, then everything should work!

Download
jk31

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 am

So unfortunately, we won't be able to see your dornas, until the stupid ads go away?
Uncle Drew

Postby yeltrah123 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:So unfortunately, we won't be able to see your dornas, until the stupid ads go away?

yep
yeltrah123

Postby bernalyggim on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:27 pm

jk31 wrote:What I experienced few days ago is, that in the playoffs, the dornas don't seem to work, too if you are from a different region (I live in germany for example, which means I use the 0xx_eu.iff files). What I did was making a copy of the files, so that I always have (example for the pacers) 020.iff and 020_eu.iff. After that, the dornas did work in the playoffs. Maybe it is the same for MyCareer? Try it with one of the dorna packs and make of copy of (for example) 015_ph.iff and rename it to 015.iff. Tell me if it works for you.

This actually worked. thanks!
bernalyggim

Postby jk31 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:41 pm

bernalyggim wrote:
jk31 wrote:What I experienced few days ago is, that in the playoffs, the dornas don't seem to work, too if you are from a different region (I live in germany for example, which means I use the 0xx_eu.iff files). What I did was making a copy of the files, so that I always have (example for the pacers) 020.iff and 020_eu.iff. After that, the dornas did work in the playoffs. Maybe it is the same for MyCareer? Try it with one of the dorna packs and make of copy of (for example) 015_ph.iff and rename it to 015.iff. Tell me if it works for you.

This actually worked. thanks!

Good to know, glad it worked!
jk31

Postby Davi Soares Pacheco on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:07 am

Hello friends, Okc Dornas did not work for me, I can not see the dornas in the game. Can someone have the same problem?
Davi Soares Pacheco

Postby jk31 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:47 pm

In which country do you live? Mexico, Brazil or Europe for example? If yes, you have to rename one file for it to work.
jk31

Postby barber on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Davi Soares Pacheco wrote:Hello friends, Okc Dornas did not work for me, I can not see the dornas in the game. Can someone have the same problem?

me, too
I see only one Dornas.
and not moving.
barber

Postby jk31 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:05 am

Ah, I know what problems you have. Everyone has the problem right now. 2k "presents" us VC ads the last few days. These ads overwrite every dornas in the game. You will not see any dornas, neither my nor the standard ones, until 2k removes the VC ad (which should happen in a few days I hope...).

Is it this what you are seeing?

jk31

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:51 am

^^ Yes. They appear on every team.
Uncle Drew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding