[jk31] New: Miami Heat Dornas

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [jk31 Various Mods] New: Sixers Dornas

Postby ksmiz on Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm

jk31 wrote:Thank you! Didn't come to my mind that this is also a way to open the file. Unfortunately the Thunder use the 5 slot generic dornas which means my workaround doesn't work here. The generic 5 slot dornas for the multiple region NBA Store dornas are already in use for the Pacers dornas :/

No remember you only have to have the file have the same number of panels and put together the same, then you pick any .iff to overwrite and you can make it work.

If you make thunder dornas I will show you what to do with them

EastendFinest wrote:I'm in Canada...so I placed at the generic files in the dorna file. Renamed it to 015 (whatever the Lakers number is) and all I get are regular files. ..I got the Bulls to work no problem

That's not how it works! Just put them in your modded folder like he had them. Try it first before you go and change things unnecessarily!
You can't just make up names for files. IF it is not in the manifest or SYNC the game doesn't know about it (may not be 100% right but that's basically how it goes)

Unless you are in au, br, eu, hk, in, mx, ph, or tw then it will work. (I don't see ca anywhere there so if yours is different let people know the canadian game is different if it is)

If you are in one of those you would just need to add it to the name of the file example. 015.iff to 015_eu.iff
ksmiz

Postby jk31 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:56 pm

ksmiz wrote:
jk31 wrote:Thank you! Didn't come to my mind that this is also a way to open the file. Unfortunately the Thunder use the 5 slot generic dornas which means my workaround doesn't work here. The generic 5 slot dornas for the multiple region NBA Store dornas are already in use for the Pacers dornas :/

No remember you only have to have the file have the same number of panels and put together the same, then you pick any .iff to overwrite and you can make it work.

If you make thunder dornas I will show you what to do with them

Yeah sure, but this requires overwriting the dornas of another team then, I guess? Or am I wrong at my part right now?

ksmiz wrote:
EastendFinest wrote:I'm in Canada...so I placed at the generic files in the dorna file. Renamed it to 015 (whatever the Lakers number is) and all I get are regular files. ..I got the Bulls to work no problem

That's not how it works! Just put them in your modded folder like he had them. Try it first before you go and change things unnecessarily!
You can't just make up names for files. IF it is not in the manifest or SYNC the game doesn't know about it (may not be 100% right but that's basically how it goes)

Unless you are in au, br, eu, hk, in, mx, ph, or tw then it will work. (I don't see ca anywhere there so if yours is different let people know the canadian game is different if it is)

If you are in one of those you would just need to add it to the name of the file example. 015.iff to 015_eu.iff

If you are from canada, all you should do is put the extracted modded folder in your NBA 2k18 folder. I put everything in the right place already!
jk31

Postby jk31 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:07 am

Next up are the Boston Celtics!

Download

jk31

Postby ksmiz on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:12 am

jk31 wrote:Yeah sure, but this requires overwriting the dornas of another team then, I guess? Or am I wrong at my part right now?

Yeah I think you're wrong ha it is okay though we can figure out a way to do it. We need to find some ".iff" files that aren't used or so rarely used they wouldn't mind modding them. Then we will just use that file name (doesn't exactly have to be another dorna or of the same size or anything like that)

check out jhb420returns's thread http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=104825&p=1916856#p1916856

What the file was to begin with isn't really important (unless you mod a necessary file)
We are basically instructing it where to go and what to show so when we mod some random file into a dorna file it will read it off find it and display the dornas just fine.

If you make the dornas and post them or send them to me I'll set it up so you can see what I mean but eventually you'll realize wow there is a lot more possibilities than you first thought

thanks @jhb420returns
ksmiz

Re: [jk31 Various Mods] New: CelticsDornas

Postby jk31 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 am

ah i understand! i will try that out. yesterday i found some iff files from the college Teams from läßt year (that werent even available on pc)
jk31

Postby pololuxury on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:48 am

great work!

but some teams(celtics, nets etc.) using non-white dornas(looks like blue lights)

can you modified it?
pololuxury

Postby jk31 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:09 am

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean :/
jk31

Postby MYMRangersss on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:11 am

Greath work please work on Rockets dornas :)
MYMRangersss

Postby jk31 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:04 am

MYMRangersss wrote:Greath work please work on Rockets dornas :)

There is already a set of Rockets dornas out there, so there is no need for me to make them, too. viewtopic.php?f=236&t=104849

I don't like covering things that exist already. I rather spend my time working on stuff, that is actually needed.
jk31

Postby Davi Soares Pacheco on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 pm

jk31 wrote:

There is already a set of Rockets dornas out there, so there is no need for me to make them, too. viewtopic.php?f=236&t=104849

I don't like covering things that exist already. I rather spend my time working on stuff, that is actually needed.

Plus this work with Rockets Dornas did not look cool, you can make the Rockets dornas much more realistic. Please do them if possible. I really admire your work is making the game much more interesting with your dornas
Davi Soares Pacheco

Re: [jk31 Various Mods] Bulls/Pacers/Lakers Dornas

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:58 pm

jk31 wrote:
Davi Soares Pacheco wrote:excellent work my friend, finally someone doing dornas for the module nba 2k18!
Do I have a suggestion if you would allow me to make a pack of dornas for the 30 NBA teams? Teams East and West, your job is fantastic! Thanks for the opportunity to express myself, and I'm sorry for my bad English.

Puh sounds like a lot of work... I will see what I can do in the future, but that is no promise. I certainly won't make all 30 teams, as for some of them dornas already exist and I am more a fan of doing things that don't exist already. Bucks, Cavaliers, Nets, Raptors, Rockets and Timberwolves were already created by someone else. Just search the downloads section for it.

mariosk1 wrote:
EastendFinest wrote:Man wondering if somebody can help me out with this...ive gotten all dornas to work so far including the recent bulls one( great job btw) but the Pacers and Lakers ones are kicking my butt... step by step would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

Hi. I had the same problem. For the dornas to work properly first you need to rename the iff file that goes to dornas folder (for lakers 015.iff-for pacers 020.iff) to your version of nba2k18. For me i had to rename them to 015_eu.iff and 020_eu.iff because i have the european version of the game.

Good to know that you also need to rename the 0xx.iff files for you to work if you are from one of that regions. You should rename every file then (I mean the 0xx.iff from every other team dorna pack, too), as otherwise you only see the dornas which straightly replaced existing dornas and not the ones added newly.

All this sounds confusing. I have the american version of the game, so I put the Pacers dornas in the modded folder, and the default Reeses, JBL, and Tissot dornas still show up.
Uncle Drew

Postby jk31 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Davi Soares Pacheco wrote:
jk31 wrote:

Plus this work with Rockets Dornas did not look cool, you can make the Rockets dornas much more realistic. Please do them if possible. I really admire your work is making the game much more interesting with your dornas

Oh man, you know how to use your words...I see what I can do...^^

Uncle Drew wrote:
jk31 wrote:
Davi Soares Pacheco wrote:excellent work my friend, finally someone doing dornas for the module nba 2k18!
Do I have a suggestion if you would allow me to make a pack of dornas for the 30 NBA teams? Teams East and West, your job is fantastic! Thanks for the opportunity to express myself, and I'm sorry for my bad English.

Puh sounds like a lot of work... I will see what I can do in the future, but that is no promise. I certainly won't make all 30 teams, as for some of them dornas already exist and I am more a fan of doing things that don't exist already. Bucks, Cavaliers, Nets, Raptors, Rockets and Timberwolves were already created by someone else. Just search the downloads section for it.

mariosk1 wrote:
EastendFinest wrote:Man wondering if somebody can help me out with this...ive gotten all dornas to work so far including the recent bulls one( great job btw) but the Pacers and Lakers ones are kicking my butt... step by step would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

Hi. I had the same problem. For the dornas to work properly first you need to rename the iff file that goes to dornas folder (for lakers 015.iff-for pacers 020.iff) to your version of nba2k18. For me i had to rename them to 015_eu.iff and 020_eu.iff because i have the european version of the game.

Good to know that you also need to rename the 0xx.iff files for you to work if you are from one of that regions. You should rename every file then (I mean the 0xx.iff from every other team dorna pack, too), as otherwise you only see the dornas which straightly replaced existing dornas and not the ones added newly.

All this sounds confusing. I have the american version of the game, so I put the Pacers dornas in the modded folder, and the default Reeses, JBL, and Tissot dornas still show up.

Okay, then next question. Did you just copy the .iff files from the pacers dornas in the modded folder? E.g. is the path now "NBA 2k18/modded/020.iff", "NBA 2k18/modded/nba_store_...iff"?
Or did you copy the whole folders I included in the zip archive? The paths should be like this: "NBA 2k18/modded/dornas/020.iff", "NBA 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/nba_store_...iff"
jk31

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 am

jk31 wrote:
Davi Soares Pacheco wrote:
jk31 wrote:

Oh man, you know how to use your words...I see what I can do...^^

Uncle Drew wrote:
jk31 wrote:

mariosk1 wrote:

Okay, then next question. Did you just copy the .iff files from the pacers dornas in the modded folder? E.g. is the path now "NBA 2k18/modded/020.iff", "NBA 2k18/modded/nba_store_...iff"?
Or did you copy the whole folders I included in the zip archive? The paths should be like this: "NBA 2k18/modded/dornas/020.iff", "NBA 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/nba_store_...iff"

I put the Pacers dornas ( whole folder) in the modded folder, and didn't change anything, however I have a dornas folder, should I put them in there? Srry, I just don't understand what or if I have to change the wording of the .iff files. I want your dornas to work, they are great, instead of the defaults.
Uncle Drew

Postby jk31 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:46 am

Okay let's put every file step by step where it belongs. You live in America (or at least not in europe, australia, hong kong, taiwan, the phillipines, india, brazil or mexico.)? Then you don't have to rename anything.

020.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/
nba_store_05_basket_au.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_br.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_eu.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_hk.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_in.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_mx.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_ph.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_tw.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/

Is every of these files exactly in the mentioned folder?
jk31

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:10 pm

jk31 wrote:Okay let's put every file step by step where it belongs. You live in America (or at least not in europe, australia, hong kong, taiwan, the phillipines, india, brazil or mexico.)? Then you don't have to rename anything.

020.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/
nba_store_05_basket_au.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_br.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_eu.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_hk.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_in.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_mx.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_ph.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/
nba_store_05_basket_tw.iff: nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic/

Is every of these files exactly in the mentioned folder?

Yes, they are. But when I d/ld your Knicks dornas, these are what showed up. NBA Store.com ph, Loja NBA.com, Loja NBA.tw, NBA Store.EU, HK, IN , Tienda.com, and NBA Store.com AV and NBA Store.com. These look to be european dornas, what happened? Chase, Party City, Sprite, none of those show up, and I've lost the default ones now.
Uncle Drew

Postby jk31 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Okay we are talking bout the Knicks now? Seems like the game seems to accept the change from 014.iff but then for whatever reason doesn't load up the changed dornas... I don't think you're stupid or anything else, don't get me wrong. I just want to check every possible "simple" answer for the problem:

Since you checked the pacers dornas (the files I mentioned before), what about the knicks dornas? 014.iff must be in the right place, else you would see the default dornas. Please check if in nba 2k18/modded/dornas/generic there are the following files:

nba_store_06_basket_au.iff
nba_store_06_basket_br.iff
nba_store_06_basket_eu.iff
nba_store_06_basket_hk.iff
nba_store_06_basket_in.iff
nba_store_06_basket_mx.iff
nba_store_06_basket_ph.iff
nba_store_06_basket_tw.iff
jk31

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:10 pm

And where is 014.iff suppose to go? I see it's separate from the other files in the download.
Uncle Drew

Postby jk31 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:05 am

014.iff should be in nba 2k18/modded/dornas
jk31

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:52 am

jk31 wrote:014.iff should be in nba 2k18/modded/dornas

So all the files go in modded/dornas. Ok I'll try it again. Do I take the files out the folders and put them there, or just drop the whole folder in modded/dornas ? I don't need another program like a modifier to make these work? If so, I wasn't aware. Srry for all the questions, just trying to get a clear understanding.
Uncle Drew

Postby ksmiz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:52 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
jk31 wrote:014.iff should be in nba 2k18/modded/dornas

So all the files go in modded/dornas. Ok I'll try it again. Do I take the files out the folders and put them there, or just drop the whole folder in modded/dornas ? I don't need another program like a modifier to make these work? If so, I wasn't aware. Srry for all the questions, just trying to get a clear understanding.

You should place them in modded/dornas exactly like he has set them up. If the files need to merge folders or whatever just let them. Just copy exactly how it is and paste in there

Extra Info:

Some teams have their own folders, some don't. But the xxx.iff file goes into dornas and it is basically the instructions on the order of dornas.

For teams that don't have their own folder he has been modding generic dornas (they have their own generic folder) and then changing their xxx.iff file so that they are instructed to use the generic dorna files he specifically put there
ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:35 am

I couldn't get it to format right so I just made it into a picture. Hopefuly this helps
By "Has Dorna Folder" I mean their own specific numbered folder within the dornas folder
updated
Last edited by ksmiz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksmiz

Postby jk31 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:24 am

Lakers also have their own dornas, but only 1 file!
jk31

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 pm

Thanks Ksmiz and jk31. That list was very helpful, Update : got all of them to work but, Knicks, Pacers and Sixers. Sixers, Pacers and Knicks after I d/ld your files, they all rotate the same dornas that say NBA store.com ph, NBA Tienda.com, Loja NBA.com, NBA store.in, NBA.com au, NBA store,hk, NBA store.tw and NBA store.eu. How do I get rid of these? Can't be that difficult. I renamed the folders with their corresponding numbers ex...Sixers 000, Pacers 020 and Knicks 014. Still not working.
Uncle Drew

Postby EastendFinest on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 am

Well after you guys broke it down to simpler terms..LOL I got them to work, except the Knicks. 76ers, Celtics, Lakers and Pacers all work.

Is there something special going on with New York?
"I am a STRONG man!! ANYONE in this office, take a RUN AT ME!! :lol:
EastendFinest

Postby jk31 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:56 am

Uncle Drew wrote:I renamed the folders with their corresponding numbers ex...Sixers 000, Pacers 020 and Knicks 014. Still not working.

You should not rename these folders! The dornas that the Pacers, Sixers and Knicks use are generic dornas which belong in the generic folder!

Here are two screenshots of how your folders should look like (including file paths):

I honestly don't get why it is not working for you two guys.... You should just download my files, extract the zip archive and then put the whole extracted "modded" folder right into "Steam\SteamApps\common\NBA 2K18". Literally put the whole modded folder from my zip archives just into the "NBA 2k18" folder!!
Last edited by jk31 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
jk31

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding