General Discussion Amongst Modders

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:27 am

The problem is that so many new modders coming in are looking at it as a small business of some sorts, another source of income. That's not what modding is about.

Modding isn't about adfly links or donations, it's about enhancing the gaming experience for yourself and the community by providing open source content with the least hassle possible.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:17 am

Exactly. It's a hobby, not a business. If people want to use the ad links or put out a tip jar to see if someone is willing to buy them a coffee (or a nice craft beer, as the case may be) for their work, that's fair enough. Treating it as way to make money isn't the way to go, though.

As it stands, ad links are becoming problematic. Aside from some of the services being a bit unsafe in terms of adware and the like, we've got people running users through multiple ad links before they get to a download. There's not a lot of fairness or goodwill in doing that.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104852
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby Ovi on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 am

Round of applause for you A, your recent post calling out these strange less than pleasant trends plaguing the modding community was spot on.


Some of what i went through of late, left me with an uneasy feeling,many threads have an abundance of preview activity, very little support beyond replying to applause and flattering comments,

you request alternative link hosts no reply
you request estimated release date no reply
you request any feed back regard a previous preview that was never released no reply

you was just active and replying to everybody that was giving you praise, and suddenly go absent, It is within your right to release or not release, but don't be teasing people for fun, im starting to think this is some form of ego trip trend i have not come around, but hey if that's what makes you feel more worthy, may you reach the promise land.

It's unfortunate, it seems some people forgot that this platform and others are built on sharing, i just had an encounter with a member who shall remain nameless, who has a youtube channel, where i asked where he got the Kyrie face he was showcasing in the videos,

And insteaed of telling me NO which i would have appreciated, he proceeded to give me a misleading answer, instead of sending me the link to the download, author or even thread he sends me the index link to a chinese forum, i went sifting through chinese forum google-translating and searching the entire thing, to no avail, i told him i couldn't find it, and politely asked him if he could just link me to the download, or thread he ignored my message, REALLY?

So you have a youtube channel posting videos so you can boast about stuff you haven't created, and when someone asks you to share you run away.

Unsure if this "Exclusivity" illusion makes some feel some false sense value and ego but if this behavior plagued more people and they treated you the same way, there wouldn't be any thing for you to download. :facepalm2:
User avatar
Ovi
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 am

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Ovi wrote:Some of what i went through of late, left me with an uneasy feeling,many threads have an abundance of preview activity, very little support beyond replying to applause and flattering comments,
...
you request estimated release date no reply
...


While I generally agree with the majority of your points, I will say that the constant questions of release can become too much. I personally ignore them on both of my threads. Perhaps they're relevant for creators making one face at a time, but when projects are involved I think there is no need for the constant requests for release. "I'm excited for this to release!" and "when are you gonna release this?" are two very different comments. If a creator has indicated that they are still working on content and plan an eventual release, simply being the 5th person in a thread to ask about an uncertain release date does little to further the conversation. Instead, a better way to ask it is, "what do you plan to add/change before release?". Questions like this promote discussion and provide valuable information to anyone who views the thread.

TL;DR - just my thoughts on the "release!!" and "release?" comments
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:43 pm

I can attest to that being one of the things that accelerated my burnout when I was making current roster updates for NBA Live. As much as you appreciate the interest and support, you do start to feel pestered, especially if you've made it clear you can't set a specific date.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104852
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:27 am

Sorry to bring this thread screaming back from the depths of the NLSC but I've had a lot of time to think lately and I feel I need to clarify some things, as well as start some discussion (hopefully positive). See, I've had a lot of time recently to sit with my thoughts and I know it's been addressed in other threads to a certain extent but I want a place to get a definitive conversation going and this thread seemed as on-topic as any. I apologize to users that just come here for the content, but this has been eating away at me a bit. On NLSC to a certain extent, but primarily elsewhere on YouTube and Reddit, I've been called everything from a "drama queen" to a "cancer" relating to my activity on the NLSC site. Mostly this has to do with the way the DNA situation was handled (I won't go into detail beyond that I was adamant that a member was acting completely contrary to the community standards). I called the user out and they took those practice elsewhere. Does calling somebody else out for violations of the rules make you "an asshole"? If so, why are there rules?

With that being said I want to apologize publically to TGsoGood, I was more hostile than I intended during that situation and have no problems with you. I don't like the support of the DNA content on your YouTube page but beyond that, you're an amazing member who has done incredible things in regards to tutorials and teaching.

So now I want to address the whole recent R4zoR, thing, hopefully once and for all. It is pretty obvious I'm bitter about him releasing the faces on his YouTube page. I had contributed to him for the work he was providing to the draft class with an understanding that the faces were exclusive to the class. So yes, going behind my back and releasing these felt like a betrayal, regardless of the reasoning.

The part that leaves me more disappointed however, is the way he went about it. I had spent months listening to him talk about issues he was having. Very personal things, about life's general annoyances, and I sat an listened trying to be a friend. I listened when he said modding made his back hurt so he was gonna stop. I listened when he raised hell about filipino creators and how many problems they caused on NLSC. I listened when he lambasted TGsoGood, for providing tutorials because it meant more unskilled people would give modding a chance. And you know what, the entire time I just nodded along. And that was wrong. I apologize.

But now I see he hasn't published anything to the NLSC and has chosen the YouTube route, making mods for bigger YouTubers in exchange for shoutouts. That's totally fine, that is your prerogative, but don't go around arm in arm with guys like TG and DNA after the numerous rants complaining about their practices.

Now, I've already been told that no one will believe me because R4zoR has been around longer. Quite frankly, that is fine. I can get banned if that's what is determined best. But what matters to me is that I don't sit around knowing somebody is blatantly fake and getting away with it. I try to follow the rules and call out people that don't, if that makes me a drama queen then I guess that's that. Maybe my flaming should result in a ban, but until then I'm going to continue to call out shady practices in the community even if it earns me no friends. I apologize for the long rant but I've been overwhelmed with life and this is one less thing on conscience. Thank you to all the members of the NLSC. God Bless.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby R4zoR on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Ok, so you wanna bury the hatchet, but you keep on bringing this up over and over again, because something ticks you off and you wanna feel better about yourself.

I don't do work for youtubers to get shout-outs, they are the one's who message/@ me. Like they write to me, because they need me to help them out. I reply to everyone, i don't have this mentality towards being bigger, i told you about it too, numbers don't make good content, just because more kids see it, doesn't mean, you will be enjoying it, like you saw it on my lamelo videos, i wasn't good at commentating, but i had "something exclusive", so i was getting more negativity than praise, but it helped me pay my bills.

But talking about TG, i had my differences with him, yes, when i was negative in my mind, when i was sick, during those times, anyone that does something different, will get someone jealous/nervous and words will come out, when it's keyboard clicks it's way easier to say something dumb compared to thinking about it and talking to the person face to face. Even NBA Gm's are doing it. But have i told him about it, yes, did i try to change the way he saw me, yes. When i was helping people out with the face tutorial in 2k14, i got more backlash/negativity, cause i told "someone's secrets", which made everyone else equal, but what did it do? It made people ask others for money on facebook sites when making faces, that i showed to you aswell, instead of doing faces for free on this site. The same things are going on right now, when TG helps people.

Like recently i got a big donation from this one youtuber and i donated more than 95% of it to TG the same day, because i know he needed it more, cause he was left over for nearly two years in a row for the work he did, not getting mentioned/not fighting for it, being ignored and i knew he had a family to take care of, so me giving it away to him, made me feel better. I never fought with anybody online and i never want to. Like i even asked this certain youtuber to ask TG for help and mentioned him, just to get him something aswell, to get him out there even more, cause he helped me set my feet on social medias.

Same with talking to Shuajota personally for some time, i understand why he did the things he did now, i know i was negative towards him too before for creating those accounts, but after i thought about it, he just wanted to get the Same Thing You Want Right Now, That Is Appreciation/Friendliness And Praise, which he wasn't getting enough, cause his quality was lower compared to your "high quality standards". But he actually did something you haven't done yet and that is release something, even if it's not finished/or he gave up on it.

But hey life is full of mistakes, you live, you learn, you become better. But think about it, if i release my own faces, i don't have to tell you anything, that i'm gonna release them, i made them for over 6 months ago and after i released them, did it change anything tho? They're still gonna get the same faces after you release them, if you don't do any combination faces, like you enjoy doing. But so what, if they get them a few weeks earlier, geez.. Would you enjoy if i told you, i'm gonna hold off the faces for over 6 months, cause i don't want you to recycle them, like you're doing it right now, even after i called you out on it. And the funny part is, you found the time, when your family member is ill, to talk shit about someone you don't know personally on a basketball modding forum instead of releasing the draft class already. But hey gonna repeat it again, you live and learn right?
R4zoR
9 years of modding
Contributor
 
Posts: 2810
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:24 pm

R4zoR wrote:But hey life is full of mistakes, you live, you learn, you become better. But think about it, if i release my own faces, i don't have to tell you anything, that i'm gonna release them, i made them for over 6 months ago and after i released them, did it change anything tho? They're still gonna get the same faces after you release them, if you don't do any combination faces, like you enjoy doing. But so what, if they get them a few weeks earlier, geez.. Would you enjoy if i told you, i'm gonna hold off the faces for over 6 months, cause i don't want you to recycle them, like you're doing it right now, even after i called you out on it. And the funny part is, you found the time, when your family member is ill, to talk shit about someone you don't know personally on a basketball modding forum instead of releasing the draft class already. But hey gonna repeat it again, you live and learn right?


Really glad you made up with TG and Shaujota since those earlier comments and I'm glad your back is feeling better to where it doesn't affect your modding.

You released those faces. They are out there for the public. I can do any combinations I want if you're just gonna release them. The point was to create something for the community that was bigger than what one member could do. Faces from everyone releasing the most complete project. Exclusivity is a big deal. You should know this because YouTubers have paid you in the past for exclusive mods. The point of the class was one big complete release. Every other creator is sitting on their content for the good of the project.

Yes, I addressed the part about the family member already in the original post. This got brought to my attention while out of town. Thankfully, a buddy tagged me on Reddit or I would've missed it. I saw you're advertising the face there too. Believe me, we don't want to get personal here. I left lots out that you messaged me, but if you bring family into it, things change.

And regarding the release of the project. It's soon. But that shouldn't concern you because you made it clear a while ago that you had no interest in it and are going to release the work for it elsewhere. Believe me, I know all about it. I got accused of the same thing last year with the community roster. And I've discussed that, but at least I had the decency to wait until release to do my own thing.

I'm not gonna be labeled as the toxic member of the community when, at the same time, you hide behind chat messages talking smack about the same people you've now befriended. But I'm an asshole because I address things head-on...okay.

Anyways, glad you responded and cleared things up. Good luck with your YouTube endeavors.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby R4zoR on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:54 pm

Thing is, i wouldn't go on online forums to talk about somebody, cause there's no point in that, what are we both getting from this? Everyone just wants to download some mods and move on with their lifes, just because i do sth, that shouldn't impact you at all, everyone does mistakes, everyone has their own issues, everyone's trying to make their own paths in life, it's just the way we look at things, that seperates people. Cause i could care less, if it wasn't my time wasted, you never know what's gonna happen tomorrow, so might aswell, just do the most outta the time and opportunities you have right?

Like me making some money from the time i spent is a reward, but i pay for it with my health. I'd rather get something positive, then negative, same with you and your situation right now.
Last edited by R4zoR on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R4zoR
9 years of modding
Contributor
 
Posts: 2810
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:02 pm

No beef with anybody talking, I appreciate all of you. But I would like to point something out.

I recently asked TGsoGood not to make a video of my 2K18 to 2K17 Kemp, because I wanted to make one myself, and wanted to make a 2K18 to 2K17 Cyberface conversion video tutorial, because the one that TGSOGOOD has on the thread is actually not good anymore.

First off, I immediately felt bad about asking him not to make a video, and at the same time I felt like I made the right decision. Tough spot to be in. I wasn't even sure if he was going to make one (he probably wasnt), but I've seen a video go up prematurely in so many situations, or just a video of other people's mods right after release, that I didn't know what to expect. I feel like certain videos are literally up to just post one, or a video gets put up prematurely when we don't even know if the mod or tool is complete (like that 2K18 roster editing tool). But the YouTube thing can get super irratating sometimes, and I admit that recently it's kind of put me over the edge with frustration.

Afterwards, I felt like I was ignored by you (TGsoGood). I stated in that thread that the tutorial you had for the 2K18 to 2K17 conversions is no longer valid, but you ignored it and kept it up anyway. Your video on Dennis Smith Jr was put out prematurely, as you didn't wait for all the troubleshooting to be completed before putting it up, just like you didn't wait for the roster editing tool to be released (like I knew it wouldn't be) before getting people excited for it by posting a video, and it even aided in people holding off projects because they were waiting for it to be released. No, that's not 100% on you, but it wasn't helped by you. That video with Dennis Smith Jr doesn't explain the different forms the player takes (he was taking those forms, I downloaded him, and it's proof by him having black arms in your video when you are changing his shoulder width), it was put up REALLY early in the process. It doesn't cover an actual complete conversion, it doesn't explain the .mathnodes fix, the eyeball fix, the radius down to prim in the hihead file to fix the slouched body fix, the how to have all players have correct wrinklecolor fix, the tilting head fix, etc etc. That tutorial shouldn't be up. I received a few PMS from people asking me to do a tutorial on it, and one of them said they tried the tutorial on the thread and they couldn't get it right (because the tutorial is wrong).

I make mistakes in this community ( like the way I just reacted today to the dude who posted the 92-93 Suns thread), I don't like the way I handled the Laroche23 situation in the 2K17 section, as I was a bit harsh on him, etc. A thread like this is a good way to discuss things like this, and it's nice to see that R4zor and Bluejaybrandon are doing just that.

I get that we will all be a little competitive at times, christ that's life. And if I misread you TGsoGood, and you were not ignoring me, I apologize in advance. I just feel like the YouTube part, the "making a name" so to say, can sometimes be handled the wrong way. In regards to any work I do, I would ask you (TGsoGood) and anybody else to ask my permission first before doing any videos on my work. I don't think you have, or would have, but only I know when I want the work to be shown anywhere else besides the NLSC.

TGsoGood, you were a huge supporter of my draft roster on 2K17, and I think you are really helpful in the community. In fact, I use some of your videos, so don't get the wrong idea. But I think sometimes videos go up prematurely.

I also want all of you to know that seeing people get banned sucks, and while it might seem that I enjoy helping crack down on the pirating, I don't like it. It looks really bad in the community. The Kyrie-swerving (also known as Ovi) was the most recent situation, and some of his points about feeling cheated by 2K are valid. At the same time, pirating is not only against the NLSC rules, and against the law, but it also really hurts this community in general, and threatens our chances of getting PC releases every year. But, I sense that people consider myself and Bluejaybrandon attempting to be the NLSC police of sorts, but that's not the way it is at all. I just know how toxic pirating games is in this community.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:13 pm

R4zoR wrote:Thing is, i wouldn't go on online forums to talk about somebody, cause there's no point in that, what are we both getting from this? Everyone just wants to download some mods and move on with their lifes, just because i do sth, that shouldn't impact you at all, everyone does mistakes, everyone has their own issues, everyone's trying to make their own paths in life, it's just the way we look at things, that seperates people. Cause i could care less, if it wasn't my time wasted, you never know what's gonna happen tomorrow, so might aswell, just do the most outta the time and opportunities you have right?


I prefer to think this is a pretty awesome community with some pretty awesome people, not just a place where people download and move on. Yeah that happens but that's not who I release for. I release for 10% that value content enough to say something or critique it.

I've gotten PM'd signatures, portraits, and cyberfaces for that project any number of people could have given out that content but they didn't because of community and loyalty. I guess that's where we differ, you act like there is no loyalty. It's easy to say that people should do there own thing cuz who cares about tomorrow when you're the one who released stuff made for the project. I'm sitting on loads of tattoo updates I made for people that wanted to add them to their cyberfaces. I could easily release those but I'm waiting to let them release the tats along with their faces.

I guess it's a difference of opinion and I wish I knew this before the project, but I know going forward. However. the guys working on the project going forward are all top notch. In fact, the Filipino creators like Torgi and mrk326 are some of the best on the forum, not some sort of detraction from the community. I'm glad we had this dialogue, even if it means I'm vilified further. I just wanted to get my experience out there because I'm tired of sitting by and getting chastised as some cancerous community member when I like to think that's not the case.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Dee4Three wrote: I just feel like the YouTube part, the "making a name" so to say, can sometimes be handled the wrong way.


I think that is one of my biggest gripes with this. Like videos are fine to showcase work but it's clear the YouTube community does not value modding in the same way the NLSC does. It's discouraging to see the competitiveness and money hungry users over there. In my opinion, modding isn't about profit, at least not the way the rules here are structured. YouTube just comes across as a loophole for making money for mods. Maybe that's an outdated thought but for example I'm down a bunch of money for my draft class. Like it is costing me to make, but I follow through cuz it's a hobby and I find enjoyment. I'm hesitant of the YouTube angle because it becomes less about the mods and more about the money.

Dee4Three wrote:But, I sense that people consider myself and Bluejaybrandon attempting to be the NLSC police of sorts, but that's not the way it is at all. I just know how toxic pirating games is in this community.


I guess that's my other big issue and I've been called a drama queen for it. Holding people accountable to the rules and community guidelines shouldn't be looked down upon. That's why there are rules. It doesn't make you an "asshole" for expressing your opinion that having three ad-links is unnecessary and anti-community or that requiring PM'ing for mods is a slippery slope to charging.




Anyways, I'm very glad that this is a mature place to discuss the community as a whole. I didn't mean to turn it into a witch hunt, but it had been eating away at me. I figured only those that are actually invested in the community would check this thread so it seemed like a good place to air my grievances with the current public perception.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:16 am

Dee4Three don't take my tone as angry. I had a lot of feelings when reading your post, wasn't sure the best way to address it but...

Afterwards, I felt like I was ignored by you (TGsoGood). I stated in that thread that the tutorial you had for the 2K18 to 2K17 conversions is no longer valid, but you ignored it and kept it up anyway.

At the time I thought you were going to make a complete tutorial for conversion from 2K18 to 2K17. The thread I made was not intended to be a tutorial thread. That is why I did not post it in the tutorial section or ask for it to be moved. I wanted to move the findings from the 'Modding Tools and Progress' thread to it's own thread so that it would be more visible and we could get more help figuring it all out. That is what happened. Now someone with a full understanding can make an official tutorial video and / or thread.

Your video on Dennis Smith Jr was put out prematurely, as you didn't wait for all the troubleshooting to be completed before putting it up

are you talking about this video - https://youtu.be/ql1UHKhVWn0 ?

-That video was an informational video.
Starting @1:16 in the video I say "right now a lot of guys are doing some testing on their own, we're also trying to work together"
I then proceeded to let people know where to go if they want to help test and figure out the issues and glitching.

-Also I believe I have made about 8 videos which have reference to converted Cyber Faces.
Some of those video are not public. 3 are unlisted videos that were intended specifically for modders with the intention of trying to figure out the glitches when converting.
2 of the public videos are from months ago when I was originally trying convert faces attempting to create converted CFs and asking for help. So when you say I "didn't wait" it frustrates me because I waited and worked for months without much progress. I released videos because I was excited.

That video with Dennis Smith Jr doesn't explain the different forms the player takes (he was taking those forms, I downloaded him, and it's proof by him having black arms in your video when you are changing his shoulder width), it was put up REALLY early in the process. It doesn't cover an actual complete conversion, it doesn't explain the .mathnodes fix, the eyeball fix, the radius down to prim in the hihead file to fix the slouched body fix, the how to have all players have correct wrinklecolor fix, the tilting head fix, etc etc.


-It was not a tutorial, the video was meant to:
(1)recognize the modders working on conversions. Starting @1:15 I say "I want to give a big thanks to .... MauMau, Trevorjpt33, Dee4Three...Bongo8. These guys have all contributed to helping us figure out....(blah,blah,blah)"
(2) let people know where to go if they wanted to help
(3) let the general community know that converting cyberfaces between games was possible.
(4) @1:44 of the video, I let people know there was still glitching with eyes, jersey, etc. @1:52 of the video "The glitching that goes on when we move a face from one game to another game is just enough to irritate you to where you can say 'OK, I have to figure this out, we have to get this fixed before we start massively converting faces back and forward between games'...."

Now that i think about it, are you referring to this other video https://youtu.be/DG98BoZaTZE ?
I don't think you are because that video is not a public video and I am not talking in it... just want to check.


just like you didn't wait for the roster editing tool to be released (like I knew it wouldn't be)

Myself and 2 other modders were talking with the creator for months off and on. We were being provided with updates, videos, and screenshots so I had a lot of hope. Also the year prior he released a half finished tool but told me he would complete a better tool for 2K18 once it came out. Also his tool was released just not on US servers. He never provided us that link and I never looked for it as he completely stopped communicating with myself and 2 other NLSC modders.

before getting people excited for it by posting a video, and it even aided in people holding off projects because they were waiting for it to be released. No, that's not 100% on you, but it wasn't helped by you. That tutorial shouldn't be up.I received a few PMS from people asking me to do a tutorial on it, and one of them said they tried the tutorial on the thread and they couldn't get it right (because the tutorial is wrong).


-in regards to posting videos "prematurely", I post things to help the community see the possibilities of what can be done so that anyone who has the knowledge and might consider helping us out will actually do that and help create new tools.
-In regards to CF conversion, please help to create an official tutorial (which may have been done, I haven't checked). At the time, I simply reposted the steps I saw posted in the thread.

I just feel like the YouTube part, the "making a name" so to say, can sometimes be handled the wrong way


- I started my channel because I missed Jaosming's videos with his previews of mods, his discussions and his tutorials. I also wanted to make videos to actually show people how to mod instead of just posting text tutorials (which were very hard to make). People wouldn't even read through my text tutorials, just like some don't watch the complete videos that I make.
I learned how to make cyberfaces all the way back in 2010 by watching videos in some language I did not even understand because no one would make an english tutorial. I didn't find a video of a cyber face in English until 2 years later when I created it myself on my original channel.

In regards to any work I do, I would ask you (TGsoGood) and anybody else to ask my permission first before doing any videos on my work. I don't think you have, or would have, but only I know when I want the work to be shown anywhere else besides the NLSC
.

-Dee4Three I respect this.

- To anyone reading -
I want people to get a very clear understanding of my experience as a modder since I started heavily creating youtube content on the weekends.

I honestly just try to post works of people that I communicate with on multiple platforms (MauMau, DainfamousNY,Shady) or the mods that I use the most (Void, DNAOBB).
But I also provide links to other channels (DaInfamousNY,Juiceman,DNAOBB,etc) as well as promote other channels (R4zor,Messenjahmatt,Jaosming) . My last few videos I have posted, I have provided video links to other channels that appear at the end of my video so people can see their PC content (R4zor, DainfamousNy,DominusIV).

I receive messages, tweets, PMs, and e-mails asking how much would I charge for.... I answer the same way "I do not charge". have not cashed out any donations since 2017, I have not cashed out any revenue from youtube since about October 2017. I stopped taking donations for requests some time in 2017. If you request anything from me I will help if I can or try to point you in the right direction with no expectancy of donation. If you want to donate feel free if not, that is fine as well.

I still get cursed at in my comments, people will still watch only 30 seconds of a video, they will still say I do it only for the money, people will still think I am trying to steal their work even if I am just promoting it and post their original links, people still say I am clickbaiting even if PC is in the title. Some people don't want to work with me because they feel I will make a video before them and others only want to work with me so I can make a video promoting their work. Some modders will feel I am hurting the community. That is their choice, it's their perspective on what is going on.

My perspective is this:
IIRC I have been coming to this site since a kid. This was when I originally played NBA Live 2001 on PC, before I knew how to post and could only view. At the end of the day I just make videos because I like modding and for anyone who wants to give it a try.
Last edited by TGsoGood on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:31 am

That didn't sound angry at all, give yourself more credit.

I'm good with that explanation, sorry if a misunderstanding occurred. I don't have a problem with youtube videos, I have a channel of my own, and I have used your videos numerous times. You certainly help the community a lot.

Either way, I'll get that video up soon so it can be posted on that thread, I'll also post it in the 2K17 tutorials section.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby Eilrahc Drib on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:59 am

Good day all!

I am not sure if I am allowed to post in here. But I will give it a go!

My name is Eilrahc Drib....Charlie Bird spelt backwards. I came here a short time ago looking for something new in my life. I am a 13 year Military Vet in the Canadian Military. Recently I got released do to multiple injuries. Not sure If I’m supposed to say that but hey it’s out there! With that I’m here because I saw a video of TGsoGood and said hey let’s Mod! I don’t have the 1st clue on how to mod...but I’m here trying something new... I saw the passion he had, and since being here the passion others have. Man I am way out of my Element here...but I’m trying because I see people trying and willing to help.I learned how to do a .txt file, postca pic, create a DNA player, and now I’m learning how to extract data in hopes to one day create Cyberfaces and shoes!

Just posting this note to say keep up the great work! Keep helping! And most of all BE A TEAM!!! ALL.... keep up the great work..and maybe one day I will be able to produce good work lol! Till then I look forward to learn and trying your mods!

Thank you all for your time!
Last edited by Eilrahc Drib on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always pay it forward.

Eilrahc Drib
Discord- CharlieBird#2380
Steam- CharlieBird (Canada flag)
Eilrahc Drib
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby maumau78 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Eilrahc Drib wrote:Good day all!

I am not sure if I am allowed to post in here. But I will give it a go!

My name is Eilrahc Drib....Charlie Bird spelt backwards. I came here a short time ago looking for something new in my life. I am a 13 year Military Vet in the Canadian Military. Recently I got released do to multiple injuries. Not sure If I’m supposed to say that but hey it’s out there! With that I’m here because I saw a video of TCsoGood and said hey let’s Mod! I don’t have the 1st clue on how to mod...but I’m here trying something new... I saw the passion he had, and since being here the passion others have. Man I am way out of my Element here...but I’m trying because I see people trying and willing to help.I learned how to do a .txt file, postca pic, create a DNA player, and now I’m learning how to extract data in hopes to one day create Cyberfaces and shoes!

Just posting this note to say keep up the great work! Keep helping! And most of all BE A TEAM!!! ALL.... keep up the great work..and maybe one day I will be able to produce good work lol! Till then I look forward to learn and trying your mods!

Thank you all for your time!


Nice post and welcome to NLSC community (Y)
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: General Discussion Amongst Modders

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:54 am

Definitely a welcome sentiment, love the enthusiasm. TGsoGood has been killing it with the resources this year, on top of his fine mods. Indeed, some fine work all around this year, even though it hasn't necessarily been the best year for the game itself.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104852
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: R4zoR and 7 guests