DNA DRAFT CLASS 2018│v1.1 RELEASED│By Shuajota

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: DNA DRAFT CLASS 2018│v1.1 RELEASED│By Shuajota

Postby Shuajota on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 am

TGsoGood wrote:What is the name of this draft online?

Steam users:
Draft name: DNA Draft 2018
User: KraZStar
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:20 pm

So let me get this straight...this is version 1.1? With three cyberfaces and an undisclosed number of portraits. So the project is like 2% completed but you pushed it live? 3 cyberfaces and a few portraits is barely an "alpha", let alone a release 1.1...another unfinished work only to be sent out to the ether to die. Can't wait for the lemmings to come in and support it. Why would people fall for this? It's a minuscule notch above a generic draft class. Quit releasing half finished projects man, you'd get way more hype and downloads for one thing actually 100% done then for 10 things 10% done.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Bluejaybrandon,
Let him release whatever he wants to release. The modding section is for both previews and releases no matter how big or small. There is room for multiple draft class makers. He has been releasing work ongoing for over a year now and has stated that this is an ongoing project.

Also 2K's upload system allows you to update your uploaded drafts and rosters. There is no reason that anyone should be required to wait until they are 100% complete to release their work. It is a free work that the community can enjoy (or not). 2K didn't even release this game at 100% completion.

Can't wait for the lemmings to come in and support it. Why would people fall for this? It's a minuscule notch above a generic draft class

No need for these types of insults to fellow community members and creators. I hope that in the future there is better interaction between the great creators of this community.
Last edited by TGsoGood on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:52 pm

TGsoGood wrote:Bluejaybrandon,
Let him release whatever he wants to release. The modding section is for both previews and releases no matter how big or small. There is room for multiple draft class makers. He has been releasing work ongoing for over a year now and has stated that this is an ongoing project.
Please stop with the negativity.

This is a place for open criticism. If there is a release on here, people are constantly giving feedback. This is my feedback, you're more than welcome to ignore it and continue to milk his content for views on Youtube. To you, this is a paycheck. That being said, I'm a fan of some of his work. There was a sweeping hole with 2-way players and I was excited to see him step in but instead he decides to move on to another massive project. I understand that there is "room" for another draft class but the redundancy of this place is mind-boggling, why stop work 5% through on other unique things to make this? So based on past history, an on-going release is just another name for something eventually left abandoned. Again, I'm not saying he should wait till 100% completion, I'm saying this "release" is not a release. It's 3 faces and each "release" is more and more ad money. This "project" is going to be 500 individual releases with ads on each one and quite frankly I think its pathetic.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Bluejaybrandon My Youtube was started as utility to provide help to the community. I have 149 videos and only 3 of them have any content concerning DNA rosters. Only 2 out of 3 of those videos are monetized. I have earned a whopping $1.83 total on content regarding DNA roster, I would not say that I am milking anything. Also much of my youtube content is mods created by me or tutorials.

I would love to continue this discussion in a more constructive format in a new thread, so that I don't take away from the work that is being displayed here.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:15 pm

TGsoGood wrote:Bluejaybrandon My Youtube was started as utility to provide help to the community. I have 149 videos and only 3 of them have any content concerning DNA rosters. Only 2 out of 3 of those videos are monetized. I have earned a whopping $1.83 total on content regarding DNA roster, I would not say that I am milking anything. Also much of my youtube content is mods created by me or tutorials.

I would love to continue this discussion in a more constructive format in a new thread, so that I don't take away from the work that is being displayed here.

Perfect, then let's have a constructive discussion right here, completely on topic. What makes you excited for this project? What aspect do you currently enjoy? What aspects would help you to enjoy this project more?
bluejaybrandon

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:34 pm

I enjoy checking out the work of fellow community members, that is the main thing that draws to me to any draft or roster.

In the recent weeks I have shared enthusiasm for this draft, Jaosming's NLSC draft for 2K18, a few useful draft classes from 2K16(that I uploaded to the download facilities here), and even some operation sports draft classes for consoles (which I do not even own)

For this draft specifically, I am excited to see Shuajota's take on the upcoming draft class. The main reason is because I have recently downloaded his DNA roster. Last year I did not download any of his rosters, despite being supportive of his work. I am somewhat invested in this roster since I have now downloaded about 4GB of art and files that were made to go with this roster series.

This roster has G-League teams and I will be testing out his version of the prospects on these G-League teams in play now and playoffs mode. I just downloaded this v1.1 draft a few hours ago but have not yet tested it as I am currently playing inside of MyLeague where I drafted community members from Jaosming's NLSC Community draft classes.

I also think I would like to use the Doncic and Porter cyberfaces. I do not know if anyone else has released these cyberfaces so this adds to my enthusiasm. As of right now I can not say what would help me enjoy this more as I have not yet moved the players from draft class to the G-League teams.

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm

TGsoGood wrote:I enjoy checking out the work of fellow community members, that is the main thing that draws to me to any draft or roster.

In the recent weeks I have shared enthusiasm for this draft, Jaosming's NLSC draft for 2K18, a few useful draft classes from 2K16(that I uploaded to the download facilities here), and even some operation sports draft classes for consoles (which I do not even own)

For this draft specifically, I am excited to see Shuajota's take on the upcoming draft class. The main reason is because I have recently downloaded his DNA roster. Last year I did not download any of his rosters, despite being supportive of his work. I am somewhat invested in this roster since I have now downloaded about 4GB of art and files that were made to go with this roster series.

This roster has G-League teams and I will be testing out his version of the prospects on these G-League teams in play now and playoffs mode. I just downloaded this v1.1 draft a few hours ago but have not yet tested it as I am currently playing inside of MyLeague where I drafted community members from Jaosming's NLSC Community draft classes.

I also think I would like to use the Doncic and Porter cyberfaces. I do not know if anyone else has released these cyberfaces so this adds to my enthusiasm. As of right now I can not say what would help me enjoy this more as I have not yet moved the players from draft class to the G-League teams.

Aw excellent! So you have downloaded his roster files...and they're a whopping 4 GBs? That's odd, it really didn't seem like there was THAT much content he has produced. Do you remember if there were ads on the download link? Do you also know if the mod contained the works of others? Surely, that couldn't be the case...that the tattoo updates, faces, and portraits of others were being used, or even monetized without consent. Now I won't claim to know for sure but I have heard users saying their content is used in the "mod pack". That just seems like quite a large download for the amount of content that has been produced by the user Shaujota, alone. So if we're going to be all sunshine and rainbows about the community, don't you find it a little odd you're both participating in, and promoting in the blatant disregard this community you're so fond of? Certainly seems hypocritical to me.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:02 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Now I won't claim to know for sure but I have heard users saying their content is used in the "mod pack". That just seems like quite a large download for the amount of content that has been produced by the user Shaujota, alone.

From my undertstanding there is a team (which I am no part of) working on the DNA roster project as a whole. I am only going off of the info that has been presented in Shuajota's post. Are you saying that some of the work for this draft class is stolen? I am under the impression that Shuajota has created these cyberfaces and portraits which is why there are only a few. If you do not know for sure then you should encourage the users that are reporting stolen work to speak with administrators.

So if we're going to be all sunshine and rainbows about the community, don't you find it a little odd you're both participating in, and promoting in the blatant disregard this community you're so fond of? Certainly seems hypocritical to me.

I am not promoting the disregard of this community. I did not create any of the content in this roster or draft, I simply provided a link to another user's draft class formula's, whom I give full credit to in both the forum thread and video I made discussing the formulas.

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:12 pm

TGsoGood wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Now I won't claim to know for sure but I have heard users saying their content is used in the "mod pack". That just seems like quite a large download for the amount of content that has been produced by the user Shaujota, alone.

From my undertstanding there is a team (which I am no part of) working on the DNA roster project as a whole. I am only going off of the info that has been presented in Shuajota's post. Are you saying that some of the work for this draft class is stolen? I am under the impression that Shuajota has created these cyberfaces and portraits which is why there are only a few. If you do not know for sure then you should encourage the users that are reporting stolen work to speak with administrators.

So if we're going to be all sunshine and rainbows about the community, don't you find it a little odd you're both participating in, and promoting in the blatant disregard this community you're so fond of? Certainly seems hypocritical to me.

I am not promoting the disregard of this community. I did not create any of the content in this roster or draft, I simply provided a link to another user's draft class formula's, whom I give full credit to in both the forum thread and video I made discussing the formulas.

You make videos about this roster ---> people go to download ---> ad money for downloading ---> content received is stolen from other members. It's not that hard to make the connections. If you support this user, you do not support the community. He has shown constant disregard for this community you claim to support. He has made fake accounts to bolster his own content, and this would be at least the second time I'm aware of him taking other's content and possibly monetizing it without their consent. But who am I kidding, nobody here cares about the community. This has become a place to collect revenue from ads and try to build a YouTube following.

The draft class is just an embodiment of the problem. The roster itself (which is a necessary addition apparently...hooray more ad revenue) is the biggest issue. The draft class being released in minuscule "updates", each with ads strewn all about is the problem I see.

It's very clear I operate differently than what the NBA 2k18 community has become. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm in the minority so I'll just excuse myself.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Bluejaybrandon, I have moved the conversation to below thread in the general 2k18 section.
I am serious about continuing this conversation constructively. Please join me and lets continue the conversation.

viewtopic.php?f=231&t=104909

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jk31 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Can you give us the CF IDs for the 2 new cyberfaces you released? I don't want to use your DNA Roster, I just want to use the cyberfaces and portraits you created. Can you give us the necessary files in an single file to download?
jk31

Postby Shuajota on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:43 pm

jk31 wrote:Can you give us the CF IDs for the 2 new cyberfaces you released? I don't want to use your DNA Roster, I just want to use the cyberfaces and portraits you created. Can you give us the necessary files in an single file to download?

Yes, I ‘m going to release the cyberfaces separately.
Shuajota

Postby jk31 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 pm

That's great to hear! (Y)
jk31

Postby Shuajota on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:04 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:So let me get this straight...this is version 1.1? With three cyberfaces and an undisclosed number of portraits. So the project is like 2% completed but you pushed it live? 3 cyberfaces and a few portraits is barely an "alpha", let alone a release 1.1...another unfinished work only to be sent out to the ether to die. Can't wait for the lemmings to come in and support it. Why would people fall for this? It's a minuscule notch above a generic draft class. Quit releasing half finished projects man, you'd get way more hype and downloads for one thing actually 100% done then for 10 things 10% done.

All the players are created with their names, universities, tendencies, signatures and attributes. I doubt that is 2%... and for the cyberfaces you have 2 guys working for your project. Here I’m alone so I need time. But I waited to have all players created before to release this draft.
I am not going to create unnecessary discussions, but seeing that I am being mentioned and talking about stolen works, I think it is convenient to pronounce myself.
I also have followers of my own web that asked me for a 2018 draft, even if I did not have faces. Therefore I do not see the problem of release my own version when all the players are created, although not all of them have cyberfaces.
And since I want to create an NCAA roster with AmaroWaade I need to create my own faces so I do not "steal" your work.
This is not a competitiom, simply here each modder performs his own work from his own point of view. and I still remember when I started talking about that I was going to create DNA Roster for 2K18 and bluejaybrandon gave me congratulations and recommended my roster.
I have also helped many users in the community and I have always respected all of them. As for paid links, many users here use them. And I've only included advertising links when in the rar there are files created by me. Because it is a support to my work. I do not live from it.
I spend a lot of hours creating jerseys, arenas, courts, cyberfaces, dornas, portraits, players, etc. And if I used textures or iffs from other modders, they know it bcs I have asked. Even they are being helping me with some mods like magnuz, 2ktons, Modified2k and more guys.
Now I just need to read that ACB is also a stolen job after 3-4 months of work...
jk31 I will post the links for the cfs so you will be able to use them in your rosters too.
Last edited by Shuajota on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shuajota

Postby Kaunietis22 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:33 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:So let me get this straight...this is version 1.1? With three cyberfaces and an undisclosed number of portraits. So the project is like 2% completed but you pushed it live? 3 cyberfaces and a few portraits is barely an "alpha", let alone a release 1.1...another unfinished work only to be sent out to the ether to die. Can't wait for the lemmings to come in and support it. Why would people fall for this? It's a minuscule notch above a generic draft class. Quit releasing half finished projects man, you'd get way more hype and downloads for one thing actually 100% done then for 10 things 10% done.

Bro at the end of the day its a f****** video game, and as i see it you concern with your own work... Talking about this being a place of open criticism but moving your work to a blog where you can control everything... Sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say better to be quiet because no one is going to make crazy money doing this and are doing it for self interest and it would be shame if we lost modders because of what someone said...
Kaunietis22

Postby ilja23mia on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:41 pm

what if i start a new season with this rookie class ? can i update the rookie class after some time ? ?
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby Shuajota on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm

ilja23mia wrote:what if i start a new season with this rookie class ? can i update the rookie class after some time ? ?

Yes, in Myleague you can download a new draft class update from 2kservers during a started season.
Shuajota

Postby ilja23mia on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Shuajota wrote:
ilja23mia wrote:what if i start a new season with this rookie class ? can i update the rookie class after some time ? ?

Yes, in Myleague you can download a new draft class update from 2kservers during a started season.

ok so its not possible on start today mod ?
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby Kaunietis22 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:59 pm

ilja23mia wrote:
Shuajota wrote:

ok so its not possible on start today mod ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCJmgqY3VVg

works for 2k18
Kaunietis22

Postby tomortlieb on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:55 am

I keep receiving a message to enter a password - I checked the site but didn't see one. Can you please share it? Thanks!
tomortlieb

Postby Shuajota on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 am

tomortlieb wrote:I keep receiving a message to enter a password - I checked the site but didn't see one. Can you please share it? Thanks!

Oh! I forgot write it. It’s: dnaobb
Shuajota

Postby jk31 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:11 am

Just downloaded your draftclass and found a few spelling mistakes.

Collin Sexton needs to be spelled with two "L".
Allonzo Trier also with two "L".
Trae Young needs to be spelled with an "A" in his first name.
jk31

Postby Shuajota on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 am

jk31 wrote:Just downloaded your draftclass and found a few spelling mistakes.

Collin Sexton needs to be spelled with two "L".
Allonzo Trier also with two "L".
Trae Young needs to be spelled with an "A" in his first name.

Thanks a lot! I will fix that bro.
Shuajota

Postby jk31 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:09 pm

And another thing: Are you sure with your ages of the player? Some I checked up were wrong (in the Draft class of bluejaybrandon, some ages were wrong, too. strange...).

For example Miles Bridges is 19 years old. Killian Tillie is 19. I didn't check everyone, though.
jk31

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding