Mods by ksmiz

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Mods by ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 am

bongo88 wrote:rough highschool psd . Just need to insert LED Grid and align with the lcd font
attached below

Thanks I'll check it out.

OF all things to work and not work the bonus arrows work

It is probably easier to be like yes they are over the limit light up the area than it is to say display this number shape in lights but cmon man they could at least give me a working number on the first try and not an arrow

Other than that all I notice so far is the lights flicker as if they want to do stuff but don't know how to do it exactly

Moved the mask out of the way :

ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:04 am

were you able to find the texture for that scoreboard? I couldn't find the texture in the iff files.
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:44 pm

I think the whole thing is materials except the light bulbs

"Texture": {
"c_kitchenblur2.dds": {

"t_lightboard_numbers.tga": {

"p_lightboard_numbers_n.tga":

Everything else is listed under material in the scne

And the phrase kitchenblur was just too odd to not look at what it did haha but it is part of the light bulbs

"bulbs_lit": {
"Effect": "lit.fx#c8c474a6e0eeaadf",
"AutomaticReferenced": 1,
"Parameter": {
"DiffuseColor": [ 0.409094363, 0.409094363, 0.409094363, 1.0 ],
"BaseTextureScaleAndOffset": [ 1.0, 1.0, 0.5, 0.666666687 ]
},
"Sampler": {
"StaticAmbientTexture": {
"Pixelmap": "c_kitchenblur2.dds"
ksmiz

Postby Maverick on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:28 am

ksmiz wrote:This stadium file originally didn't have a crowd at all and TGsoGood added crowd (my guess is crowddata file idk) so I went another step beyond that and added some courtside chairs from a similar stadium file (I think maybe magic summer league) so that the crowd wasn't just floating.
Nevermind, i thought you edited the team's original court. I've read somewhere here that the crowd eats a lot of resources when playing and the cause of stutters for some people.
Maverick
for Life

Postby OG 75 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:06 am

What’s up ksmiz! I know it might be a bit off topic but I was wonder if you tell me how exactly should the hex editor like the edit pad to fix picture portraits?! I been trying to fix a couple of portraits that I downloaded a while back but to no avail.
OG 75

Postby iuguernsey on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:11 am

TwisT wrote:The scoreboard looks great. The shotclock glow works for me.

Also I've been working on some NCAA scoreboard textures if you're interested in them.
[ Image ]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k1x6vz8pk1omppc/%5BTwisT%5DESPN%20NCAA%20Scoreboard%20Texture.psd
[ Image ]
http://www.mediafire.com/view/84k2jqnbvpup7tk/%5BTwisT%5DCBS%20Scoreboard%20Texture.psd

Any updates on the ESPN version? I love using the CBS one!
iuguernsey

Postby bongo88 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:47 am

the led scoreboard is on the bleachers in the blacktop mode. That's where i remember seeing it. Unfortunately, it is not functional.
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:50 pm

iuguernsey wrote:Any updates on the ESPN version? I love using the CBS one!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ksmiz

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:40 pm

So many great scoreboards this year. Thanks for this
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby iuguernsey on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:33 pm

ksmiz wrote:
iuguernsey wrote:Any updates on the ESPN version? I love using the CBS one!

[ Image ]

Awesome! Thank you!
iuguernsey

Postby ksmiz on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 pm

root update:
-Texture improvement by TwisT
-fixed score swipe
-added 3pt animation
-cleaned up notification box
-larger notification text
-changed team color look
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:55 am

some team logos are a little big ...my b

Just made up some for now until I see what they actually use

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/kdegxmld6ptlz/playoffs

seatback texture originally from AmaroWaade's portland s028
^goes in all except pacers and heat
separate files for those gatorade chairs
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Howdy ksmiz,
i made a texture for your at&t scoreboard. But, then the ingame timeout hashes are broken... they don't disappear when a timeout is called. Anyways, i couldn't fix the timeouts, and i didn't really want to build a scoreboard--just had a free evening and felt like working the texture... So, i lost interest :) haha :)
Maybe i just downloaded the wrong file.
Anyways, here's the stuff, incase you want to finish the scoreboard. Not really satisfied with the color, but the psd can be tweaked. stuff attached to the post.

psd and scoreboard attached below.

The foul mesh messes up the scoreboard transparency when it is hiding behind the scoreboard... so i would put the foul mesh off screen bottom, then bring it up to the top when foul is called. Not perfect, but prefer the scoreboard transperancy... Anyways, that is what i would do.
Have a good day.
bongo88

Postby KoyaM on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:51 pm

ksmiz wrote:some team logos are a little big ...my b
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Just made up some for now until I see what they actually use
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/kdegxmld6ptlz/playoffs

seatback texture originally from AmaroWaade's portland s028
^goes in all except pacers and heat
separate files for those gatorade chairs

tried to clicked download but this thing popped up, any help?
KoyaM

Postby ksmiz on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:17 am

KoyaM wrote:tried to clicked download but this thing popped up, any help?

Playoffs Update Files

Thanks bongo I'll take a look at it. Haven't been back to it in a while since I noticed the timeouts. Any time I've tried messing with the timeouts I always break them and then can't even bring them back to normal so a couple times I've had to start all over from the beginning. I've even looked at looyh's espn timeouts and figured I thought I knew how they worked but still they just break any time I try to mess with them. I get what clamp means and what all the stuff is telling the texture to do (I think) but it just doesn't mod for me.
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:45 am

Ugh, was hoping you had a backup or something. I never had any luck with the timeouts... if i rotated them or stuff, then they broke. had to very carefully move them left/right through hex/blender.
Anyways, i figured the scoreboard would have to start from scratch... might be able to export/import the uv layouts, which would make it quicker. Anyways, was hoping you had a backup. But, yeah, never had much luck with the timeouts. Luckily looyh knows how to do all that, so that i could just use his as a base, if i needed to.

Anyways, my plan was to put the timeout hash marks into position as a larger size, then put the small texture timeout on the main scoreboard texture, so in game the larger 2k timout hash "disappears" but there is a small texture behind it so that it looks like it just shrinks size. if that makes sense. not really editing the 2k timeout-- just leaves a small texture behind when the regular 2k timeout hashmark disappears.
Have a good day.
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:42 am

already figured that's what you were going for. so something like this? still need to fix a few other things now
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 am

ksmiz wrote:already figured that's what you were going for. so something like this? still need to fix a few other things now
[ Image ]

Yup! looks great! :) Now you can just tweak the size of 2k timeout hashmark/ small texture hashmark to make them appropriate heights/widths, spacing, etc etc. Should be easy to tweak the timeout stuffs. great job implementing them :)
You can also adjust the overal transparency of the scoreboard by tweaking the transparency of the psd layers. making the psd more transparent layers or less transparent layers. However you want it to look.
in the psd... layers "white foreground" and "white foreground 2" can be set to 4% transparency (4/100) or somewhere around there to give the scoreboard a more definitive center line. I noticed that the psd i had upload couple posts ago, the "white foreground" and "white foreground 2" are set to 0% transparency. (0/100). I meant them to be around 3-5 % transparency somewhere around there for a more polished look.

example here: https://i.imgur.com/TOVdao4.png

Ideally the "logo layers" in the psd will be pure black circles.... but that is when we place a shine on the logos/logo color.... if that's possible. i can help you tweak those textures when we get to that... can't remember if the logo can take a white shine on it or not...

anyways, whatever you want with the psd/texture.
Looks great :)
Last edited by bongo88 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:26 am

thanks! yeah I've made a couple adjustments and I still have the psd from TwisT so I was able to add and tweak some layers from that. if you want to try to make some changes with that to help let me know

I just looked at a reference screenshot and looks like I need to flip the timeouts to start from other side. will be making some progress soon
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:29 am

bongo88 wrote:
ksmiz wrote:already figured that's what you were going for. so something like this? still need to fix a few other things now
[ Image ]

Yup! looks great! :) Now you can just tweak the size of 2k timeout hashmark/ small texture hashmark to make them appropriate heights/widths, spacing, etc etc. Should be easy to tweak the timeout stuffs. great job implementing them :)
You can also adjust the overal transparency of the scoreboard by tweaking the transparency of the psd layers. making the psd more transparent layers or less transparent layers. However you want it to look.
in the psd... layers "white foreground" and "white foreground 2" can be set to 4% transparency (4/100) or somewhere around there to give the scoreboard a more definitive center line. I noticed that the psd i had upload couple posts ago, the "white foreground" and "white foreground 2" are set to 0% transparency. (0/100). I meant them to be around 3-5 % transparency somewhere around there for a more polished look.

example here: https://i.imgur.com/TOVdao4.png

Ideally the "logo layers" in the psd will be pure black circles.... but that is when we place a shine on the logos/logo color.... if that's possible. i can help you tweak those textures when we get to that... can't remember if the logo can take a white shine on it or not...

anyways, whatever you want with the psd/texture.
Looks great :)

made an edit to the post here, just so you are aware.
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:55 am

might be a little too much on the transparency idk try it out
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:18 am

looks great. Can you post the psd for the background? i want to fiddle with the texture a little bit
bongo88

Postby ksmiz on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:06 pm

I don't know if this has the very last couples changes I tried to make or not but I didn't do much more

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9354hx7us ... d_stuff.7z

I made changes within the opt.scne file to mess with transparency of the scorebug file plus the logos so check there too

Whatever tweaks you think will help I will go with and then post it updated in download section with credits

I think I have a model file that fixed the logos size but I mixed it up with one where I fixed something else

if you or anyone else sees something that needs adjusting or don't like the look of anything feel free to change it or let me know what to do and I'll try to match close to the real thing when possible
ksmiz

Postby bongo88 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:03 am

thanks for the link and info. I think it looks great. If i get around to tweaking it, i'll just throw it on here.
have a good day
bongo88

Postby iuguernsey on Sat May 05, 2018 6:10 am

Are there any classic TNT scoreboards out there? With the offseason approaching and some classic rosters in the works--a 2004 type TNT scoreboard would be awesome!
iuguernsey

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding