High School Roster in Progress

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

High School Roster in Progress

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Figured I would simply start a new thread, instead of continuing a thread that was mistitled for the direction it took.

So I have began the process of setting up a roster with the look and feel of High School basketball. I plan to do two actually, the first will be more of a generic version that is basically set up so that anyone who is interested in making their own states High School designs for play in My League, will have a roster that needs limited adjustments beyond replacing some player names or not, dealer choice I guess. The second roster will be for my home state of Indiana and to go along with the work I had previously done on PS4 on team designs. This roster will have the top players in the state added to the teams and hopefully have the team cities and names changed. Eventually, using several sources get to a very detailed representative of Indiana High School basketball. This is a second attempt on PC, my previous version had issues with crashing after game selection, which apparently has to do with the original roster having hidden rosters added to it.

I am rather new to PC gaming, so a lot of the modding is simply going to be out of my range of capabilities at this point. But I am going to try to use likenesses of a lot of the games current player faces, with names, bodies, ratings, and tendencies adjusted to capture the fill of High School basketball. However, there are some players that I think based on my limited understanding of the modding process, may have better faces than the current faces in game. If someone can or would like to contribute with changing some of the faces to clean shaven versions of these players, it will only add to the realism of the roster as a whole. Without any further ado...the list will follow. If you want to contribute please let me know, a precise time that you can download my work in progress, and an idea of how long you will need to complete the tasks, or if it is a big project that we can alternate days working on the roster, in order for both to proceed together, I am willing to do so, just let me know.

The list: Chris Bosh, Tony Allen, Michael Conley, Kevin Garnett, Rudy Gay, Gordon Hayward, Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, Jon Leuer, Kyle Lowry, Nerlens Noel, Dirk Nowitzki, Hakeem Olajuwon, Latrell Sprewell, Dwayne Wade, Chris Webber, and Andrew Wiggins.

If your interested in pitching in, my user name is Kenny4118 and the roster that I am currently working on is "New High School Progress" .
This topic was moved from NBA 2K18 by Andrew on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:57 pm.
Kenny4118

Re: High School Roster in Progress

Postby Kenny4118 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:46 pm

I would assume by the amount of views for the thread, there is some interest. So I will provide a bit of a progress report. I had an issue with getting the save listed in the original thread to show up in the uploads. But I was able to save it, change the name of the file, and re upload the roster under "High School". So far, I haven't quite had the same speed of progress as the first version. However, I think that is more due to the more systematic approach I am taking and also attempting to simultaneously creating a large pool of actual Indiana High School players in the free agent list while filling teams and editing each players bio info, and contracts. So far, I have completed up to the Nets roster with these edits. I may not be able to make much progress over the next couple of days due to Holiday stuff going on, but once I get through the current NBA teams, I will go back and begin editing player ratings, and tendencies, followed by rotations, and coaches options with the exception of changing coaches (had some trouble with that with previous attempts). But hopefully, I can get this really moving forward starting Tuesday.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks for the update bro
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby Aston on Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:37 am

Thanks and good luck, man!
Aston
Culture.

Postby Kenny4118 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:41 am

Update: Sadly, I have completed the current NBA portion of the rosters with playable custom rosters, and also filled all the classic teams with players to make the roster considered valid by 2K standards; however, upon attempting to test the roster in my league, it again crashes at game select. At this point, I am going to go ahead and add to the All time teams despite no longer getting a message about filling rosters automatically. I am beyond pissed that this is failing to workout for the PC format, after being able to successfully complete on the PS4 for 2K18. I am going to try to at least add the All time rosters to 10 players slots filled and try again, and if that doesn't fix the problem, I may attempt to fill to 15, before totally abandoning the project. At this point the time investment, has at least made these two further investments of time worthy of salvaging the project as a whole. I will update again when I determine if this helps at all, but I am not expecting any success right now.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:31 am

Second update: After taking the All time team rosters up to 10 players each, and running a test...when attempting a game they still crashed. So, now I have to add another 150 created players to the list to completely fill those teams to 15 each. And this will be my last gasp effort. I will pass along its results after completion.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:15 am

Final Update: Filled the rosters (every last slot available on every team)...still crashes. If anyone wants to look into it to try to salvage this project from the scrap heap...its uploaded under "High School by Kenny". Not sure what anyone can do...but if someone makes a break through on it...please let me know and I will be happy to go back and continue editing players on the classic teams and all time teams to give them all the original goal of a High School feel. But for now, I guess I am going to pick back up the PS4 controller and play some games.
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:55 am

Kenny4118 wrote:Final Update: Filled the rosters (every last slot available on every team)...still crashes. If anyone wants to look into it to try to salvage this project from the scrap heap...its uploaded under "High School by Kenny". Not sure what anyone can do...but if someone makes a break through on it...please let me know and I will be happy to go back and continue editing players on the classic teams and all time teams to give them all the original goal of a High School feel. But for now, I guess I am going to pick back up the PS4 controller and play some games.

Hey Kenny I was able to load the Roster in myleague. I downloaded it then removed most the NBA players as well as players that had mismatched skin tones from the 30 NBA teams. I didn't bother with the extra teams since I just wanted to make sure the 30 NBA team myleague would work. I loaded and was able to start a game just fine. You can re-download it and start working again from there. Maybe just work with the 30 NBA teams. I can help as well just let me know what you need me to do.

File Name: High School Kenny Edit
Username: Rob Davis
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 am

Sweet, thanks! I will see what I can do with it here in a little while.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:22 am

Thanks Rob! I just tried it for my self, and it does play. I am sort of dumbfounded by it. I still see several NBA players that have names changed on it, and a couple that I didn't change in the free agent market. So I am wondering was you just deleting some of the random NBA guys or was there a method that you used. Also, how can you tell who has mismatched skin. I didn't change the skin color of any NBA players, just names, school, attributes and added sleeves to hide tattoos. The created players, I rarely changed skin color, and when I did, I just changed the preset faces to do so. So I am curious as to how moving forward with the additional teams, how to avoid the same issues?
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:49 am

Kenny4118 wrote:Thanks Rob! I just tried it for my self, and it does play. I am sort of dumbfounded by it. I still see several NBA players that have names changed on it, and a couple that I didn't change in the free agent market. So I am wondering was you just deleting some of the random NBA guys or was there a method that you used. Also, how can you tell who has mismatched skin. I didn't change the skin color of any NBA players, just names, school, attributes and added sleeves to hide tattoos. The created players, I rarely changed skin color, and when I did, I just changed the preset faces to do so. So I am curious as to how moving forward with the additional teams, how to avoid the same issues?

Not really sure I figured it had to be something with a player being corrupt or something. I looked at the roster and some players had skin tone like this

Outside of that I did find a player that was completely blank in my game, so Im not sure maybe this could've did it. Do you have the latest game update?

Also what are you doing for graphics like courts and jerseys, did you have that figured out?
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:29 am

Ok, I will look out for some of that weirdness. As far as the team courts and jerseys, I have created a bunch of Indiana High Schools, and bookmarked several other profiles that have also created Indiana High School uniform and court designs from the download inside MyLeague. There are some that have already created many of the top prep academy and top national power schools across the country. So I can tell you where to find the Indiana High School designs that I have created. My PC profile kenneth.descombes4118, kenny4118, and Joe_Brown4life are the ones I have created. Also AbovePar has some really high quality designs, but only has 30 because he duplicated uniforms with Pacer court design, I assume to simulate a state tourney. But there are actually a lot of designs available in the uploader, if your from a particular state, I would recommend just searching by the mascot name and browsing through the many pages. When you find something that is right, I would bookmark the creator, then check their other designs next. It seems to kick you out all the way of the downloader and then you will have to locate the team before if you haven't bookmarked the creator. You can always delete a bookmarked creator if there are better creators you discover later, but it can be quite a task for some popular team names i.e. Bulldogs.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:38 am

I think I mentioned on the other thread originally discussing whether a PS4 roster can be transferred to PC, when I complete the generic roster designed for individual states with each of the 120 plus team slots filled up. If someone wants to turn it into a roster than would better simulate the power academy teams, or even an AAU style league playing a full schedule against themselves, that it can be done rather easily by doing a full redraft with all teams available for a 30 to 36 team MyLeague. Essentially, leaving off the bench and weaker players that make a individual state roster feel better in the free agency while having a more star oriented league.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:01 pm

I replaced the players that Rob deleted to get the roster to stop crashing. So tomorrow I am going to spend a bit of time adjusting rotations and then on to work on the classic teams set. Really, I do a lot of sweeping changes with quick editor just to save some time, then I will go back and fine tune most the attributes and tendencies to attempt to really force the teams with only a single good player to really work to get that player the majority of the shots. But there will be several teams that literally will not have a decent player on the whole roster, which may seem to be a waste, but at the same time, I think that having a wide range of team quality is only going to add realism. However, out of 120 or so teams, 5 to 10 that have little interest in playing with, isn't that bad, and if you don't want to play against them, then just don't add those teams to your MyLeague, is what I figure. But I like to have a game where I can just wipe the floor with the other team from time to time. Also, most teams are going to be very limited depth wise. About 5 or 10 will have a set of 5 serviceable bench players, but for this, it is more likely that one or two bench players will be really serviceable. I just think that the vast majority of H.S. teams in the country cannot afford to have the best player out for foul trouble, or a few starters sitting with foul trouble. So I try to reflect that with depth. But if that is not what someone wants, then I welcome them to download my roster and make their own changes. I have no issue with however anyone wants to use this roster.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Update: While keeping an eye out for more abnormalities with face and skin colors, I have fixed rotations on the 30 NBA teams, and have progressed through to the 89' Bulls with ratings and rotations. I do think that this will get to be completed by the weekend, and that is including tendencies for all teams, even All time teams. Once that is complete, I will leave it uploaded and post the final roster name, so that anyone can use it and adjust it to meet their interests. I will then start to work on adding some in the real Indiana High School players to another roster that will be specifically named Indiana HS Roster. I am hoping that someone can actually mod the team names for me within the roster so that anyone who is interested in that roster will know exactly which team is meant to be whom. As mentioned earlier, I already have uploaded enough teams court and uniform designs to fill the entire roster, so hopefully that will help those interested in playing a Indiana High School simulator can have an easier time setting up their My League with that completed. If I have issue sleeping tonight, I may get through all the classic teams tonight, and be ready for the All time teams tomorrow. If that is the case, I think I will be close to completion by Thursday evening. A big thanks to Rob for salvaging this project!
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Appreciate you working bro doing those ratings and tendencies take time. Thanks
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 pm

I would like to try to use the pro am arena as the official arena for the high school games, I just dont know the name of the pro am arena and how to force myleague teams to use it.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:28 am

RobDavis wrote:I would like to try to use the pro am arena as the official arena for the high school games, I just dont know the name of the pro am arena and how to force myleague teams to use it.

That sounds like a great idea...I have no idea how to accomplish that, hopefully someone else can chip in with that.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:57 am

Update: I have completed up to the 2011 Bulls...there are a lot of classic teams on this game! I have been at it for a few hours already this morning, going to take a few hour break, and then try to get a good start at completing the classic teams and making a dent into the final 30 All time teams. I believe I am a little ahead of schedule for my end of the week completion goal.

Side note: I was looking at a few videos posted in the mod section by TGsogood, and seen that he is able to lower ages below 19. I am not sure how interested anyone would be with altering those through some mod technique that I am not in the know on. But if someone wants to add that level of realism to this roster once completed, I believe it will only add to the realism. Although, it is not always a clear cut rule, a look at my roster, and I think that it is clear that there are players that are meant to be underclassmen at the bottom of the bench. But at the same time, there are also within normal High School teams where there needs to be a select amount of underclassmen that have higher skill levels that get them in starting lineups, key roles, or just in to rotational roles. If not, a roster full of 19 year old players doesn't bother me that much.
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:36 am

Big Update: The biggest stage of this roster is completed. That being, all names, heights and weights, general ratings, contracts, free agent influences, and team rotation minutes; for all 120 plus teams. I am going to play some games with it, before considering how much tinkering needs to be done with tendencies, or the more in-depth rotations alterations. If anyone wants to pick up the ball on any of those aspects, the roster name is "High School by Kenny". Just let me know if you are going to do so, and keep in communication with me so that I can hold off on getting back to another stage until you have completed it, so that I don't start over with the roster being half way through a stage, preventing my progress reflecting further cooperation beyond that point. I do think that the progress will be very playable at this point, but I do have a complex about completion. Its just that I have put a lot of time in doing this much, well, plus a previous attempt as mentioned in the beginning of this thread, and have neglected actually playing games for about a month. So for at least a few days, to a week, I will focus on getting my game skills back up to par, unless someone does take over a portion, and then that break will be up to that progresses completion. So for now enjoy!
Kenny4118

Postby RobDavis on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 am

Nice work bro... Ill grab he roster see how it plays
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:43 am

After playing a few games, I am struggling with keeping the NBA players that I have changed names for mainly due to occasionally, the announcer will call out the players old name, rather than the listed name. It isn't hard to overlook, but at the same time, it gives the game play a little more style and fluidity. So what do others think...worth the trade off, or not?
Kenny4118

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:52 am

Kenny4118 wrote:After playing a few games, I am struggling with keeping the NBA players that I have changed names for mainly due to occasionally, the announcer will call out the players old name, rather than the listed name. It isn't hard to overlook, but at the same time, it gives the game play a little more style and fluidity. So what do others think...worth the trade off, or not?

I don't even listen to announcers or broadcasters. It's not a big deal to me.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobDavis on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Kenny4118 wrote:Big Update: The biggest stage of this roster is completed. That being, all names, heights and weights, general ratings, contracts, free agent influences, and team rotation minutes; for all 120 plus teams. I am going to play some games with it, before considering how much tinkering needs to be done with tendencies, or the more in-depth rotations alterations. If anyone wants to pick up the ball on any of those aspects, the roster name is "High School by Kenny". Just let me know if you are going to do so, and keep in communication with me so that I can hold off on getting back to another stage until you have completed it, so that I don't start over with the roster being half way through a stage, preventing my progress reflecting further cooperation beyond that point. I do think that the progress will be very playable at this point, but I do have a complex about completion. Its just that I have put a lot of time in doing this much, well, plus a previous attempt as mentioned in the beginning of this thread, and have neglected actually playing games for about a month. So for at least a few days, to a week, I will focus on getting my game skills back up to par, unless someone does take over a portion, and then that break will be up to that progresses completion. So for now enjoy!

I figured out how to use the smaller gyms available in 2K18... messing around with some of them now. I will report back if I find something useful
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Kenny4118 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Hoping you are coming up with something on the smaller gyms, that would really enhance the game experience. As far as the tendencies go, I think I am just going to leave them as is for the most part. At least it doesn't seem to be making a substantial difference in expected simulation stats and the game play seems fine for the most part. If I do any changing, it may be to remove some dunking tendencies, because that seems like within the game play, that just seems to be happening at a far greater rate than would in a normal High School game...but its mostly with players that are closer to 6 feet tall, and less athletic, that is if I even bother.

I did run a test with two teams in which I really tampered with tendencies and the game got really stale, and just editing those two teams, took literally an hour collectively. So that is just a time investment that I just do not seem to be worth the results in my opinion.

On a side note: Have you had the chance to find some designs that you want to use Rob? I have bookmarked some creators that have uploaded a lot of the top High School Prep/Academies...if it helps, I will write those down and post them on this thread for easier access.

I think eventually I will create a few additional schools for historical significance. One being Dunbar High School in Baltimore, Muggsy Bogues, Reggie Lewis, Reggie Williams, and David Wingate all on one High School team at the same time. I will have to look through some more to make sure that some others haven't been added since the last time I looked.
Kenny4118

Next

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding