#ACB2K18 PC MOD ACTUALIZACIÓN / DATA PACK RELEASED! Page 7

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: #ACB2K18 PC MOD ACTUALIZACIÓN/UPDATE 2.1 01-25-2018 RELEASED! Page 5

Postby Shuajota on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:44 am

N17Hero wrote:
Shuajota wrote:
N17Hero wrote:
Shuajota wrote:
N17Hero wrote:Hello guys, great work, but i have problem. I try to solve my problem by reinstalling game, and install mod again, but it doesn't help. My problem is that I start MyLeague or Season (doesn't matter). Everything is OK, i can play (I play with Kaunas Zalgiris). Roster and everything else is OK, but after i exit my league, exit game, and then when start game again, start to play Myleague again, when i start the game, Uniform of Kaunas Zalgiris disappeared, i can play everything else is fine, but then I have to play with GSW uniform. When I start new franchise Uniforms fine, when I exit and start again, again only GSW uniforms. What to do? I want to play MyLeague, but i cant play all games in one day, without closing the game :D and i want to play with Kaunas Zalgiris uniforms, not with GSW. Help.

Try to update your game if you didn’t it. If you load our roster in Myleague and you saved your myleague. You can continue.
Zalgiris jerseys are working perfect.

How to update it? Because I'm using CODEX version of the game. I am installed one update, also from CODEX Update-6. Maybe I install mod incorrectly? But it just copy NBA game folder somewhere else, rename it to ACB 2k18, and put files from Main Directory 1,2,3 to ACB 2k18 folder. I even create shortcut, put it on Desktop and rename to ACB 2k18.

This mod works with the last version of the game. I recommend you buy it...

Hey Shuajota its not about the game, I try start MyLeague with any other Euroleague team, like CSKA and everything ok, problem is only with Kaunas Zalgiris, and this problem not only for me, also for players who bought the game on steam. Maybe you could do something with those Kaunas Zalgiris uniforms??

On Steam version it works perfectly. So buy the game if you want to play with our mod :)
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Re: #ACB2K18 PC MOD ACTUALIZACIÓN / DATA PACK RELEASED! Page 7

Postby Nick28 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Shuajota wrote:
Nick28 wrote:Shuajota,do you know if your latest update will apply in an existing my league season or not?

Yes, it works with a started season.

Ok thats good.

Btw Belgrade logo is still not fixed. Is it hard to fix it or you keep forgetting it? :P
Nick28

Re: #ACB2K18 PC MOD ACTUALIZACIÓN/UPDATE 2.1 + VIDEO TUTORIAL Page 6

Postby N17Hero on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:45 pm

zkrn wrote:Hey,im having a same problem N17Hero had . I created my league , started playing with Zalgiris Kaunas , played 2 games and turned off the game. Next time i turn on the game , zalgiris uniforms turned into gsw uniforms. Soo , is there a way to fix that ? I have a normal steam version of the game , so updates arent a problem.

Look Shuajota, its not game foult! This man also has same problem as I am, and he bought the game, normal steam version with all updates. Problem is somewhere in MOD and only with Kaunas Zalgiris. So maybe you can admit it and help somehow? change their uniforms or something else,put more uniforms on that team.
N17Hero

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 pm

N17Hero wrote:
zkrn wrote:Hey,im having a same problem N17Hero had . I created my league , started playing with Zalgiris Kaunas , played 2 games and turned off the game. Next time i turn on the game , zalgiris uniforms turned into gsw uniforms. Soo , is there a way to fix that ? I have a normal steam version of the game , so updates arent a problem.

Look Shuajota, its not game foult! This man also has same problem as I am, and he bought the game, normal steam version with all updates. Problem is somewhere in MOD and only with Kaunas Zalgiris. So maybe you can admit it and help somehow? change their uniforms or something else,put more uniforms on that team.

Maybe you should admit that you didn't buy the game legally and are using a pirated version? You have the nerve to get on a modders case about functionality when you pirated the game?

Get out of here.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby N17Hero on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 am

Dee4Three wrote:
N17Hero wrote:

Maybe you should admit that you didn't buy the game legally and are using a pirated version? You have the nerve to get on a modders case about functionality when you pirated the game?

Get out of here.

Thats not your business what version of game I'm using, not everyone can afford to buy games, I'm playing not only NBA, so I can't buy all the games. I don't say that mod is bad, or modders are bad, very good work, but i saw that problem not just for me, but only for those who using Steam version, with all updates.
N17Hero

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:50 am

N17Hero wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
N17Hero wrote:

Get out of here.

Thats not your business what version of game I'm using, not everyone can afford to buy games, I'm playing not only NBA, so I can't buy all the games. I don't say that mod is bad, or modders are bad, very good work, but i saw that problem not just for me, but only for those who using Steam version, with all updates.

It's 100% my business, as it is everyone on this forums business. It's people like you who illegally download the game and put the PC version in jeopardy. EA Sports stopped releasing NBA Live for the PC in big part because of people like you who pirate the games. And if you want the games, you CAN buy them, or you don't get them. It's called making a sound choice on what to do with your money.

You are complaining about a mod, when you don't even have the game legally and should be banned from this forum. You don't even have the right according to the forum rules to complain.

I'll say again, get out of here.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby N17Hero on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:54 am

Dee4Three wrote:
N17Hero wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
N17Hero wrote:

Get out of here.

It's 100% my business, as it is everyone on this forums business. It's people like you who illegally download the game and put the PC version in jeopardy. EA Sports stopped releasing NBA Live for the PC in big part because of people like you who pirate the games. And if you want the games, you CAN buy them, or you don't get them. It's called making a sound choice on what to do with your money.

You are complaining about a mod, when you don't even have the game legally and should be banned from this forum. You don't even have the right according to the forum rules to complain.

I will download as much games as I want, why should I buy if can get it for free :D Most of the people buy the games, just to play online, not because its Legal and they care about that :D Think what you want and don't tell me what to do.
N17Hero

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:58 am

So...how long before this clown is banned?
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 am

N17Hero wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
N17Hero wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
N17Hero wrote:

Get out of here.

I will download as much games as I want, why should I buy if can get it for free :D Most of the people buy the games, just to play online, not because its Legal and they care about that :D Think what you want and don't tell me what to do.

So glad that this may be your last post. You are exactly the opposite of what NLSC represents.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 am

N17Hero wrote:I will download as much games as I want, why should I buy if can get it for free :D Most of the people buy the games, just to play online, not because its Legal and they care about that :D Think what you want and don't tell me what to do.

How very misguided and exceedingly childish.

Of course we can't stop people downloading games. People are going to do what they're going to do, and offer up flimsy justifications for doing so. However, we can set and enforce rules for our community and website, and one of them is no discussion of, or requests for, pirated software. That's our stance and our rule, and anyone who dislikes it is free to find somewhere else to post. Alternatively, they'll be shown the door if they go ahead and break the rules anyway.

You can do what you like away from here, but this is our party and we have some clearly posted house rules. You broke them; there's the door.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shuajota on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:36 am

I hate when they say nonexistent problems. This mod is tested using a legal and original copy of the game.
Shuajota

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 am

I wonder if he has any regrets for his stupidity (now that he's banned from the forum.)

His reasoning for using pirated games is not only selfish, but dangerous, it also threatens the PC version of the game.

And to the contrary of his beliefs, people do get a general satisfaction from doing things legally, from using a product that they purchased, even supporting companies they enjoy products from.

He can still read posts. So if you see this, grow the hell up, and smarten up in general.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:41 am

Actually he has a point, do you like it or not, about people who doesn't care about legality, i can confirm it, my country is brightest example of piracy. Want to add: 2K doesn't deserves money which i, for example, pay for it. I have a license and will buy 2K19 probably, but online content is impossible to play anywhere but the USA, also their work with rosters update, tendencies and so on is terrible. They're actually selling game that they sold last year. Ain't even talking about MyCareer. So i can understand people which don't want to buy it. You can admit it of not, but there's my point.
zetsuboushta

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 am

zetsuboushta wrote:Actually he has a point, do you like it or not, about people who doesn't care about legality, i can confirm it, my country is brightest example of piracy. Want to add: 2K doesn't deserves money which i, for example, pay for it. I have a license and will buy 2K19 probably, but online content is impossible to play anywhere but the USA, also their work with rosters update, tendencies and so on is terrible. They're actually selling game that they sold last year. Ain't even talking about MyCareer. So i can understand people which don't want to buy it. You can admit it of not, but there's my point.

I can tell you right now that even as a base game with no updates, they are NOT selling the same game as the previous year. Even as a shell game, the games play entirely different, they look entirely different.

And while some don't care, it doesn't mean that it's any less dangerous (illegal), or that it doesn't put the 2K titles in jeopardy on the PC. Those facts stand, still illegal, still hurts the chances of us getting a PC version every year. Not only that, the moral aspect of it still stands. Look at his comment about how he plays a ton of games, and shouldn't have to pay for them all. Think about that statement for a second. He has the money to pay for it, but decides to spend that money on his many other games. Also, if you want a product for entertainment (Even if its a weak product), you pay for it. We get (including him, obviously) thousands of hours of entertainment with these games/products. Literally thousands, and a $60 price point more than makes up for those thousands of hours. If you went to the movies twice with two other people, that equals $60 or more. That's like 4 hours of entertainment.

The amount of money you spend vs the amount of entertainment you get..... it's worth the money. And when you pay that money, it supports the company that makes the product that you look forward to every year. Through all the complaints, through all the frustration, it's still something that you are being entertained by, there is a reason you are buying (or pirating) the product.

None of what I said before is inaccurate, and nothing you have said changes that. Between the moral compass of it, the entertainment aspect, the legality of it, etc. It is all the same.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:04 am

Dee4Three wrote:
zetsuboushta wrote: Even as a shell game, the games play entirely different, they look entirely different.

It isn't. Look, you don't mod 2k18 because it's dissapointment. I admit things you said in previous post and can agree with some terms, but actually they didn't fix their online, their system which provoke you to buy VC. I've spent about 500 hours in 2k18, but it's practically the same experience like it was in 2k17. Somewhere better, somewhere worse, but nothing new except rosters from 2017-2018 seasons. I still can't play online, still don't get tendencies, points of emphasis, playbooks, faces and portraits. I should replace it all, and i make my own efforts or some modders efforts to achieve some kind of gameplay which i had in 2k17 with, for example, your mods. So why should i get new game while i can play old? It's pretty logical, isn't it? Don't want to offend your point of view, but this experience doesn't deserves money at full price. I spent more money that i'm getting for month to buy 2k and i see game which make me buy VC or cheat by buying MT, without stable servers and without work with rosters. They had fixed portraits about 2 months ago, and later they did nothing to improve the game. Actually n-o-t-h-i-n-g. Sorry if it's hard to read.
zetsuboushta

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 am

I can add something.
Firstly, 2K do nothing with cheats on the PC, for example. Some people can put their cards in Auction House for about 1 million mt for buyout, while upper limit is 100k. So... Do you really think piracy is dangerous for PC-version? I think it's obvious that 2K has enough money. Dunno how to say, but, hm, probably more gamers buy 2k and buy VC. It's highly meaningless to use torrent versions, it's hard to keep with updates and impossible to play online, so it's pretty low amount of players. Actually i think that if you buy 2k, then you pay for VC or something like that. In general, of course.
Secondly, which follows from the previous statement, 2k do nothing to improve PC-version and that's why some guys download CODEX version and so on. So, "2K deserves piracy" point of view exists. Can give you an example. I'm from Russia, i can't afford console and i practically cannot use online functions on PC which make up about 50% of content. So why should i pay full price when i can't access options which others can access? It isn't depend on me, and 2K does nothing to ease this situation.
zetsuboushta

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:37 am

I sympathize with you on many of your points. For example, the VC Gauge. It's insane, it's flat out criminal what they pull on the people who play these games. A lot of uproar surrounding that, and that's great. However, I don't think it will change, it may even get worse.

In regards to the version being different, I think we have a slight language barrier. Yes, the online issues, VC, all of that still stinks, I agree. But my point was the gameplay itself is entirely different to go along with the rosters being different. The game doesn't feel or look the same at all in comparison with the previous version of the game. So for the offline experience it's entirely different. Online wise, obviously they still have issues to address and it sucks for the people who spend money on the game.

In regards to money spent vs amount of entertainment, it's still worth it in my opinion. Even with the frustration, the reason people buy the game is because they get some enjoyment out of it, it's why they buy it every year. It's why they PLAY it every year, even pirated. If the online stuff stinks a lot of the time, people still get that offline experience and some enjoyment online (when it's functioning). This isn't to make your gripes look foolish or petty, in fact I agree with you on many of your points.

As far as the reason to pirate a game. I don't think a good reason exists. #1 it's illegal, #2 two wrongs don't make a right (just because you think 2K is screwing you, doesn't mean you complete an illegal act to get back at them. And #3 That mindset DOES put the PC version in jeopardy, because if everybody pirated the game, it wouldn't be made for the PC.

Listen, not only do we get a PC version, but we get to do amazing things modding wise with it. We can do things that people on consoles can't even get close to doing. Christ, we can change the whole look of the game for the most part. I'd like to keep that ability we have around for awhile.

And yes, I am a purchaser of 2K18. I own the damn game, and I hate it. I despise the direction they went and the decisions they made, the gameplay makes me cringe. I'm happy that I supported the PC version with my purchase though, as I am hoping they make improvements for 2K19. I honestly wish I had some say in the gameplay/art direction, as 2k is a huge part of my life. However, not only does NLSC not get the attention it deserves, people like me are probably not looked at as a positive force. I've said a lot of negative things about 2K18 (and I don't take them back, either). And I'll say this: just because we are players of the games and not the developers, doesn't mean they know any better on all gameplay/art decisions. In fact, if NLSC has taught me anything (and by just playing the games in general) the user base is the ultimate form of feedback, and the ultimate place for tips, as well as for the PC the ultimate place for mods to make the game look better (and sometimes feel better).

Instead of pirating, these people should take even more time to speak up about the many issues they are frustrated with. Hopefully 2K addresses a lot of this for 2K19, but I won't hold my breath.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:47 am

Dee4Three wrote:But my point was the gameplay itself is entirely different to go along with the rosters being different.

Hope i've understand you properly, and then, gameplay is different, but rosters aren't.
You definitely have a point, but there is one thing that i should remark. You mentioned that user base is the ultimate form of feedback, and it is. Ideally. But, with all negative feedback, 2K still does nothing. So shouldn't users show them that game isn't okay at all? Like it was with Battlefront, for example. It's not call to action, but it's a problem which should be raised, in my opinion. Piracy also shows feedback, if you look from other side. If game is good, then people buy it. If it isn't, they don't.
zetsuboushta

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:51 am

zetsuboushta wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:But my point was the gameplay itself is entirely different to go along with the rosters being different.

Hope i've understand you properly, and then, gameplay is different, but rosters aren't.
You definitely have a point, but there is one thing that i should remark. You mentioned that user base is the ultimate form of feedback, and it is. Ideally. But, with all negative feedback, 2K still does nothing. So shouldn't users show them that game isn't okay at all? Like it was with Battlefront, for example. It's not call to action, but it's a problem which should be raised, in my opinion. Piracy also shows feedback, if you look from other side. If game is good, then people buy it. If it isn't, they don't.

I think Piracy will always be there, just like theft will always exist in this world. It's more about making the amount of people who download illegally less. And a stronger product like you say, may help curve some of that.

And yes, I see the comment sections on 2ks facebook page... people are screaming at them all the time. Most of the comments are like that. But the problem is: they are so big now, that they feel untouchable. They also come off as arrogant.

So while we agree on most everything, I still don't agree on any reason to pirate a game. So we will have to disagree on that one.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:22 am

Dee4Three wrote:So while we agree on most everything, I still don't agree on any reason to pirate a game. So we will have to disagree on that one.

It's sure great to see your point, it'll be useful. By the way, to clarify my point, i don't think that piracy is good.
zetsuboushta

Postby *DSSXe* on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 am

Dee4Three wrote:So while we agree on most everything, I still don't agree on any reason to pirate a game. So we will have to disagree on that one.

I can say some reasons people pirate games but first of all i want to clear that i dont want to support pirates or illegal content. Only to see it from a different point of view
1. People want to test if the game they want runs well on they pc. Out there is like billions pcs with entire diferent hardware so is not insane for someone test the game
2. To test the game generall. The steam refund is an option but not the better one. In Australia peoples have problems with their refunds.
-For first two as you can see if companys have a demo version of the game they will solve a common problem. Really developers doesent understand why someone wants a demo? I think is not that difficult. But is easier for them to give you a product as a surprise i guess
3. DRM. Yeah drm is a very bad think. I buy Assassin's Creed Origins from steam, huge mistake. To run the game i must open steam, uplay and the game itself runs Denuvo and VMP on background. As a legal user i suffered from very bad optimazation and 100% cpu usage like all the time. I ask refund after some hours. So yeah fight the piracy but when the game gets cracked why legal user must continue to suffer? Thats very funny...
Last but not least most of the people out there respect good work and support developers. For example EU research is prove that piracy doesent only harm sales but help them instead. You can have a look here
https://cdn.netzpolitik.org/wp-upload/2 ... _study.pdf
For some reason this reaserch it wasnt came out when they was ready, but thanks to Julia Reda finally we learn what was hinding for like one and a half year
Also The Witcher 3 is one of the most succeed games out here and 30% sells comes from the pc
https://gamerant.com/the-witcher-3-sale ... soles-125/
And a big part of it come from gog, the games on this platform doesent have any drm protection. As we can see if something is worth it, most of gamers out there will buy it, they will support the game and the developers. But in moste cases the developers doesent respect the customers in many ways. A quick example EA with Star Wars microtranstactions.

I want to clear again that i doesent support in any way the piracy. If any of you out there enjoy a game, then buy it to keep it alive. But for the love of god try not to buy blindly. If you support a bad game, you will keep getting a bad game. I think its obvious thinks. But some times obvious thinks is the hardests

Sorry for my bad english, i hope i made my self understandable and have fun with the ACB 2K18
http://designingcrew.gr/
*DSSXe*

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:29 pm

I can sympathise with the reasons that people may pirate games, including their location, income, and other factors, but ultimately it's immaterial to our rules. Those rules are set in order to comply with our hosting agreement, support the product we want to keep seeing released on PC, and foster good relationships with the developers so that we maintain an open line of communication to provide them with important feedback. For those reasons, we won't be budging on our policy, so it's a moot point.

I don't want to derail Shuajota's topic, so if there is anything more to discuss about the issue of piracy and how our rules deal with it, I'll split the posts off into another topic as need be.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby fragoulis149 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 pm

HI.
Shuajota just to inform you for your next roster update that panathinaikos athens has two new players:
Adreian Payne and also Mike James(he is returning to panathinaikos from New Orleans Pelicans)
http://www.eurobasket.com/Euroleague/ne ... athinaikos
http://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/ ... thinaikos/

I also need to thank you for the PERFECT euroleague mode and work.
fragoulis149

Postby champagnefrsh on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 am

Missing jerseys for some team. Is it just for me or can you help with that?
champagnefrsh

Postby Shuajota on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 am

This roster will be updated this week. Stay tuned guys.
Shuajota

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding