Real 2k19 Roster - Kawhi Leonard Portrait

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2k19 Roster - Kawhi Leonard Portrait

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:07 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Slazzard wrote:Thank you so much for this (Y) (Y) Looks like it's going to be amazing

Thanks man! Glad you're interested!

For those following...I wanted to show how much detail I'm going into on the art side. Every player will have accurate portraits and tattoos as long as I can find references. Ignore the contracts, for now, I haven't worked on the Hornets yet.

Willy Herangomez (special thanks to Roberto for the tattoo references)

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Only just saw this is is dope!
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

Postby rovert22044 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Any update?
rovert22044

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 pm

rovert22044 wrote:Any update?

Had some minor health setbacks. Working my way through tattoo, portrait, and cyberface updates currently. I alternate between that and in-game number editing to avoid stagnation.
bluejaybrandon

Postby yeltrah123 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:42 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Raptors Portrait (this is from the default 2k roster, not the 2019 roster)

[ Image ]

default? Can you elaborate please. Are you saying 2k made an update to the game with new portraits with players on their respective teams, or is it just this one?
yeltrah123

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:51 am

yeltrah123 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Raptors Portrait (this is from the default 2k roster, not the 2019 roster)

[ Image ]

default? Can you elaborate please. Are you saying 2k made an update to the game with new portraits with players on their respective teams, or is it just this one?

It's a portrait I created. The loaded roster is just the default 2k roster, not the 2019 roster I'm currently working on, therefore badges and ratings are inaccurate.

2k would never update their games like this. They want you to get 2k19.
bluejaybrandon

Postby wtferrell on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:18 am

This is phenomenal. Great job on Hernangomez. Looking forward to release.
wtferrell

Postby yeltrah123 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
yeltrah123 wrote:

[ Image ]

It's a portrait I created. The loaded roster is just the default 2k roster, not the 2019 roster I'm currently working on, therefore badges and ratings are inaccurate.

2k would never update their games like this. They want you to get 2k19.

That's what i thought cause 2k neevr really does update the game after the nba season is done.
yeltrah123

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:51 am

wtferrell wrote:This is phenomenal. Great job on Hernangomez. Looking forward to release.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a hurry to release. Probably won't be until after the release of 2k19, as I don't intend to get it. I just noticed on the DNA facebook that the snake Shuajota took rookies from the draft class without crediting the creators. I'm not looking to publish this project and have the whole thing pawned off as someone else's work like what happened with the draft class.

On the bright side, those that don't upgrade to 2k19 will have a realistic experience that is continually supported. I know this will upset most of you, but it is just me being honest. Look at how many great creators are walking away either due to 2k's poor releases or the questionable practices of other users. If nobody speaks up about this kind of stuff, then there is no point to continue to pour hours into a dying effort.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Roberto on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:23 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
wtferrell wrote:This is phenomenal. Great job on Hernangomez. Looking forward to release.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a hurry to release. Probably won't be until after the release of 2k19, as I don't intend to get it. I just noticed on the DNA facebook that the snake Shuajota took rookies from the draft class without crediting the creators. I'm not looking to publish this project and have the whole thing pawned off as someone else's work like what happened with the draft class.

On the bright side, those that don't upgrade to 2k19 will have a realistic experience that is continually supported. I know this will upset most of you, but it is just me being honest. Look at how many great creators are walking away either due to 2k's poor releases or the questionable practices of other users. If nobody speaks up about this kind of stuff, then there is no point to continue to pour hours into a dying effort.

Nooo man!!! Don't do that, after 2k19?? So long time!!! Please don't stop this project, this gonna be better than 2k19. We appreciate your work, sure
Roberto

Postby AC209 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:26 am

I agree on your point on 2k19, not worth it to get it and I'm really looking forward to this roster. Couple questions I had was would you consider making the ratings for players as they would be on 2k19? Like maybe if someone got 2k19, they can give you every players ratings and tendencies and what not, or are you doing that on your own?
Also, would there be a way for you to manage traded draft picks as you're making this roster? I was noting down how every teams draft picks look for the next 4 years and was thinking of manually trading them around when I start a MyLeague with your roster when out, but I wasnt sure if you would be able to handle that before hand.
AC209

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:10 am

AC209 wrote:I agree on your point on 2k19, not worth it to get it and I'm really looking forward to this roster. Couple questions I had was would you consider making the ratings for players as they would be on 2k19? Like maybe if someone got 2k19, they can give you every players ratings and tendencies and what not, or are you doing that on your own?
Also, would there be a way for you to manage traded draft picks as you're making this roster? I was noting down how every teams draft picks look for the next 4 years and was thinking of manually trading them around when I start a MyLeague with your roster when out, but I wasnt sure if you would be able to handle that before hand.

Yeah draft picks can be moved around and saved in a roster.
bluejaybrandon

Postby wtferrell on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:20 am

Yeah, hopefully 2k19 will be worth the purchase, so I probably /hopefully won't be around to play with this roster. But I guess the good news is, if 2k19 stinks, I'll have this project as a fall back. Keep up the great work anyway brother.
wtferrell

Postby LadyMacvG on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:31 pm

Continue to keep up the great work!! Do you happen to do anything with rotations? I play MyLeague 99% of the time. It’s frustrating that 2k still does that massive substitution. I manually change it but was curious if anyone else does anything with them. Thanks again for a great project.
LadyMacvG

Postby rovert22044 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Not releasing until September? Really? That's a long ways away. Lol
rovert22044

Postby Roberto on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:05 pm

As you said that until September the project would not come out, you could put any previews so the wait is less long (Y) (Y)
Roberto

Postby bub on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:26 am

Yeah man, again no rush, I understand wanting it to feel right and not get pawned off, but if the rosters / fa / contracts are done a version of that w/o complete accessories aesthetic updates etc would likely be extremely popular and easily hold people over / get them excited for the complete version which sounds brilliant. Again, do what you think is best, you're the one putting in the hours. Thanks again for all the great work, I love the draft class. :bowdown: :bowdown2:
bub

Postby benji2346 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 am

Has this project been scrapped? Any updates??
benji2346

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:15 pm

benji2346 wrote:Has this project been scrapped? Any updates??

I posted in another thread, but essentially yes...

I've grown tired of modding. I'm starting a career and a family and what not so modding is on the back burner. I also don't have internet currently so that's another big hindrance.

I'll probably just stick to adding tattoos in 2k19 if I pick it up. I just don't care about the whole experience anymore. I apologize to all but life goes on.
bluejaybrandon

Postby zetsuboushta on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
benji2346 wrote:Has this project been scrapped? Any updates??

I posted in another thread, but essentially yes...

I've grown tired of modding. I'm starting a career and a family and what not so modding is on the back burner. I also don't have internet currently so that's another big hindrance.

I'll probably just stick to adding tattoos in 2k19 if I pick it up. I just don't care about the whole experience anymore. I apologize to all but life goes on.

At least you could give us your roster as it exists.
zetsuboushta

Postby clsmooth on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:00 am

Hi bluejaybrandon can you share these two patches if you have MarShon Brooks & Jevon Carter thank you Sir
clsmooth

Postby Louieboy36 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 am

I find it kinda ironic how you dragged Shaujota threw the mud about mods that weren't complete yet you haven't completed a full mod yourself and now, once again, your giving up on another mod.You've never delivered on anything you promised.

You should be careful pointing the finger at other modders when you cant even complete one of your own projects.
Louieboy36

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:34 am

Louieboy36 wrote:I find it kinda ironic how you dragged Shaujota threw the mud about mods that weren't complete yet you haven't completed a full mod yourself and now, once again, your giving up on another mod.You've never delivered on anything you promised.

You should be careful pointing the finger at other modders when you cant even complete one of your own projects.

I haven’t completed a mod? Interesting, you must have missed the 50+ draft class I released this year. And don’t worry, you won’t see any projects from me. I’ve grown out of gaming.

I found it ironic you felt the need to post this months after this project was stopped. So brave.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Roberto on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:09 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Louieboy36 wrote:I find it kinda ironic how you dragged Shaujota threw the mud about mods that weren't complete yet you haven't completed a full mod yourself and now, once again, your giving up on another mod.You've never delivered on anything you promised.

I haven’t completed a mod? Interesting, you must have missed the 50+ draft class I released this year. And don’t worry, you won’t see any projects from me. I’ve grown out of gaming.

I found it ironic you felt the need to post this months after this project was stopped. So brave.

I hope you change your opinion, bad news if you don't make more updates. So many people here appreciate your work
Roberto

Postby RKJ2k on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:20 am

Roberto wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

I hope you change your opinion, bad news if you don't make more updates. So many people here appreciate your work

yeah i agree... your doing a good job for the 2k community... dont quit modding...
RKJ2k

Postby myth2588 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 pm

There seems to be some unpleasant things happened here, now 2K19 has come out, I hope these things can become the past, I am still playing 2K18, I hope the owner of the building can send me a download address of Kevin Huerter’ cyberface , thank you very much :shock:
myth2588

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding