A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Latest mods are released expect PG

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 am

lem12 wrote:can you fix the face of JR. Smith?

C'mon man...it was literally made that way on purpose. It's a joke cyberface. It literally the default face but he's toasted.

If you want a fixed version, play 2k lol
bluejaybrandon

Postby Brian White on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Updates on the cyberface mods are A1 :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Brian White

Postby lem12 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:07 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:

C'mon man...it was literally made that way on purpose. It's a joke cyberface. It literally the default face but he's toasted.

If you want a fixed version, play 2k lol

okay sorry i didn't notice it's "henry". thanks for the advice...
lem12

Postby ksmiz on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:26 pm

you on more henny than the man himself
ksmiz

Postby voidjointx on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:27 pm

ksmiz wrote:

you on more henny than the man himself

Lmao
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby voidjointx on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm

It's like meme thing in the NBA Untucked Kyrie, Henny J.R, Hoodie Melo, Gang Sign John Wall ETC

voidjointx

Postby jk31 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:40 pm

zetsuboushta wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
jk31 wrote:And why can't he just release it in his thread?

As I understand it, there was a guy that requested a new PG cyberface. This creator told him there were already some made. Then he made one but released it privately so that guy couldn't get it. That's my interpretation. Locking mods behind a PM is a dangerous precedent.

Here's the basis for the PM release: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105010

Actually we've asked him to fix PG. So he has his right to confirm that we're interested in and it's reason for him not to waste his time. And also this is the way to indicate if he should listen to such requests. Hope i'm right.
Void, your faces are great, really.

Of course I am interested in his PG face. Like all of his work, it is really good. But all of this "write me a PM" or whatever is just stupid. It's not that I cannot play the game without his PG face...
jk31

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 am

zetsuboushta wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

As I understand it, there was a guy that requested a new PG cyberface. This creator told him there were already some made. Then he made one but released it privately so that guy couldn't get it. That's my interpretation. Locking mods behind a PM is a dangerous precedent.

Here's the basis for the PM release: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105010

Actually we've asked him to fix PG. So he has his right to confirm that we're interested in and it's reason for him not to waste his time. And also this is the way to indicate if he should listen to such requests. Hope i'm right.

Logically that doesn't make sense. He's already created the face. It's not a PM request to gather interest, it's a PM release. If every creator did that there would be no content, especially for those with even a minor language barrier.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Manimal903 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:37 am

We need your skills on a Larry Nance Jr. Since he playing with Bron now
Manimal903

Postby voidjointx on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:26 pm

jk31 wrote:
zetsuboushta wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Of course I am interested in his PG face. Like all of his work, it is really good. But all of this "write me a PM" or whatever is just stupid. It's not that I cannot play the game without his PG face...

y'all niggas funny

voidjointx

Postby voidjointx on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Did i released all my mods through PM?

voidjointx

Postby voidjointx on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:28 pm

I'm done man delete this thread

voidjointx

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:37 pm

V01D wrote:I'm done man delete this thread

My god this is like the third time you’ve asked to delete your thread. Can you seriously not take any feedback or criticism? No need to be a drama queen about it.
bluejaybrandon

Re: .

Postby voidjointx on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Seriously im done Im sorry for releasing mods

voidjointx

Postby Solo_Dolo on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:58 pm

V01D wrote:Seriously im done Im sorry for releasing mods

Damn why what happened??
Solo_Dolo

Postby Manni Live on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Jesus Christ, all people want is for you to release your mod instead of having to PM for it, its honestly not that serious for you to get worked up all because of it.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Void,

First off, you are a really talented CF maker, and I appreciate your work.

Second, I see where the others are coming from, and Im not sure why you told that dude in the Paul George thread to "Delete This". Just because a player has cyberfaces made out there, doesn't mean that someone can't request someone else to make the face. Some people have different preferences. For example, some of my favorite cyberface makers have made Russell Westbrooks I dont like, what if I want someone else to take a shot at one? Thats the beauty of working in a tight knit community, everybody can work together and release work that caters to the peoples needs as well as the creators.

Getting PMs for mods always rubs people the wrong way (It rubs me the wrong way as well). So, just be prepared for that if you are going to ask for PMs. It's not the most convenient thing for the community, and it comes off as selfish, ego-driven, and sometimes greedy (as in, people are worried that the creator will ask for money).

I am not saying you do that, its just the perception. Your work is a big deal around here lately, this is a really popular thread. Hopefully you stick around.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:19 pm

how many more modders will leave this forum? this gets boring and annoying.

I agree with Dee, people that gave negative and nonsense feedbacks always exist in NLSC since it has been around. people can make any kind of requests, we just have to respond them in a respectful way and not giving up instead. way stupider requests existed in NBA Live 08 forum... these things always happen.

sad
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby regmac on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Void,

First off, you are a really talented CF maker, and I appreciate your work.

Second, I see where the others are coming from, and Im not sure why you told that dude in the Paul George thread to "Delete This". Just because a player has cyberfaces made out there, doesn't mean that someone can't request someone else to make the face. Some people have different preferences. For example, some of my favorite cyberface makers have made Russell Westbrooks I dont like, what if I want someone else to take a shot at one? Thats the beauty of working in a tight knit community, everybody can work together and release work that caters to the peoples needs as well as the creators.

Getting PMs for mods always rubs people the wrong way (It rubs me the wrong way as well). So, just be prepared for that if you are going to ask for PMs. It's not the most convenient thing for the community, and it comes off as selfish, ego-driven, and sometimes greedy (as in, people are worried that the creator will ask for money).

I am not saying you do that, its just the perception. Your work is a big deal around here lately, this is a really popular thread. Hopefully you stick around.

I strongly agree to Dee. Very well said.
regmac

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Our modding community wasn't built on holding back releases to feel more wanted, distributing them privately via PM or email, and constantly quitting in a huff if people made requests (of you or someone else) or offered constructive criticism. Sorry to be blunt, but it's troubling to see that attitude and approach become more prevalent.

If you don't feel as comfortable or appreciated as you would like, I am genuinely sorry to hear that. It seems like the community has been rather supportive so far though, it's just that we're not big fans of work being distributed privately, or seemingly held to ransom. That said, remember if anyone is actually being nasty to you, we do have the Report Post and Report Private Message functionality, which will notify the staff and allow one of us to intervene accordingly. Keep in mind that the functionality isn't to be used and abused when you simply disagree with someone, or you don't like requests or feedback that is nevertheless presented politely.

I'm going to take you at your word this time and lock up the thread. I don't like doing that, but this isn't the first time this has happened, and I don't want to see the drama. If you change your mind, feel free to create a new thread. I don't want to have to unlock this thread, only for the same thing to happen again and have to lock it up.

Also, since it's come up, casually dropping the n-word is not on. I understand that if you are black then you're allowed to say it, but that's not something we can all immediately see, and I certainly don't want everyone having to prove their race and skin colour in the community; that wouldn't be right at all. As such, we just ask that everyone refrain from using slurs, even if you are from the group that can reclaim them, because we want to avoid fights, drama, and fostering an atmosphere where any bigoted people feel they can get away with being bigots. I understand it wasn't meant in a hateful context, but yeah, no slurs, please.

If there are any issues with the modding community, any concerns that anyone feels the need to discuss, we do have an open dialogue going here: viewtopic.php?f=236&t=104909
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding