Stadium Lighting Color Mod - Celtics Mod

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Stadium Lighting Color Mod - Celtics Mod

Postby bongo88 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Every once in a while I decide to tinker with the stadium PostEffect.FxTweakables and slightly change the stadium lighting. I wrote a more in depth tutorial here.

Anyways, most of 2k18 stadiums have a warm yellow lighting. I usually try to change the lighting to have a similar feel compared to real life stadiums.
When compared to a real life picture, these tweaks are not perfect. Rather, i just like to capture the "essence" of the real stadium.

Anyways, i've fiddled with a few in the past, but i usually just overwrite stuffs and forget stuffs. I figured that if i tweaked a stadium lighting i would post it here in case anybody wants to use it.

Again, the postFx tools are not extensive enough to make exact replicas. Rather, considering how warm the default 2k18 stadiums are in luminosity, i just try to make the stadium relatively similar.

This project will be rather slow. I am not really rushing it. If i make some tweaks, i'll post them here (mostly so i don't lose them, haha).
Last edited by bongo88 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bongo88

Re: Stadium Lighting Overhaul - Celtics Stadium

Postby bongo88 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Celtics Stadium

image shows default 2k18 (top left), new stadium tweaks (bottom left), real life (right)

Again, can't make a perfect replica. Just like to have a similar feel while playing the game.
I've attached the PostEffect.FxTweakables to this post. just drag it into the celtics stadium (s005.iff) and see if you like the changes.
file is attached to this post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bongo88

Postby maumau78 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:59 pm

bongo88 wrote:Celtics Stadium
[ Image ]

image shows default 2k18 (top left), new stadium tweaks (bottom left), real life (right)

Again, can't make a perfect replica. Just like to have a similar feel while playing the game.
I've attached the PostEffect.FxTweakables to this post. just drag it into the celtics stadium (s005.iff) and see if you like the changes.
file is attached to this post

Bongo88,

can we just change crowd lighting increase/decrease??

Thx
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Stadium Lighting Color Mod - Celtics Mod

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:44 pm

IMO if You tweak PostEffect.FxTweakables, You have to change the brightness of each floor.
my NBA2K : flickr | YouTube
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:18 am

maumau78 wrote:Bongo88,

can we just change crowd lighting increase/decrease??

Thx

for 2k18 it might be somewhere in crowd.data in the stadium file. I haven't really looked into it much. I could run a hex compare between 2k17 crowd data and 2k18 crowd data, which would help narrow it down a bunch. not sure if i'll get to it soon. but yeah, havent looked into it much.

Edit: or it might be in the crowd_lighting.FxTweakables (file in the stadium file). haven't run a compare on that file.

sticky-fingers wrote:IMO if You tweak PostEffect.FxTweakables, You have to change the brightness of each floor.

yeah, i agree. This is just a place for me to throw my stadium post.fx whenever i make them. I might get around to tweaking the floors. Part of the problem is i have no idea who made the stadiums/floors (aamarrowade, mani live, etc etc) to give permission for the textures.

I guess i could just put a blanket permission statement crediting all the mod authors. maybe i'll do that sometime.
Anyways, This is just a random slow project. I usually do a random stadium every once in a while. So, not really expecting much activity here on this thread.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:52 am

It looks like Manni's court.
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:24 am

Celtics Stadium

I brightened the post.fx and darkend the crowd.fx . Will probably not touch this stadium much more.

file attached to post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:05 am

Lighting is perfect (Y)
you just have to edit the brightness of the floor (around -20 -30)
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:23 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Lighting is perfect (Y)
you just have to edit the brightness of the floor (around -20 -30)

Good to know. haven't had much time to mess with the floor texture. thanks for explaining the brightness edits.
have a good day.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:47 am

s0xx_floor_lightmap.iff has a huge role on parquet brightness.
sticky-fingers

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding