Trying to upload images to my game, 2k servers down

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Trying to upload images to my game, 2k servers down

Postby ElFranchisor on Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:52 am

Hi there, I'm new to this forum but I've been looking around and I can't believe I never heard of this place. Really cool content.

Anyway, I have an ongoing offline franchise that I play with my friends, were in year 4! We all have custom teams with logos, uniforms etc that we uploaded when the servers were still up. Now that they're obsolete were stuck with what we have. I was wondering if there is a way to add new logos and designs for our teams, I hope this is possible since I can still see a "custom logo" section when I try to mod uniforms but of course no online content. Since the logos exist while the server is down they must exist in the game files somewhere, was wondering if anyone knew where these might be and if they could be changed/ add new designs?
ElFranchisor

Re: Trying to upload images to my game, 2k servers down

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:08 pm

Welcome!

Unfortunately that functionality has been lost with the server shutdown, as there's no way to import local files. Another way of encouraging people to upgrade to the latest game, basically. If you're on PC then modding is possibly a solution - we've got plenty of tutorials for that - though it's more complex than being able to use the in-game functions and isn't as flexible as far as keeping original assets intact while also using custom ones. Pretty much the only option at this point, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ElFranchisor on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:12 pm

Thanks for the reply, YES! I am on PC, I've never modded a game in my life. Do you have any specific tutorial you would recommend?
ElFranchisor

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:31 pm

This one might help: viewtopic.php?f=226&t=102466
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18