Convert online mycareer to offline?

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Convert online mycareer to offline?

Postby bbgeek on Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:18 pm

In previous editions (e.g. 2k16), when you accessed mycareer after the servers went offline, it was automatically converted to an offline mode. Is that still true this year? The following makes it seem like the online save will NOT be converted to offline, and you will have to start over?

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/article ... -shutdown-
bbgeek

Re: Convert online mycareer to offline?

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:31 pm

It's possible that the save won't convert. I wasn't able to convert my NBA 2K17 MyCAREER save to an offline one, though admittedly it didn't help that I reinstalled the game after the server had been shutdown and it couldn't sync/repair some apparently corrupted files.

It might be worth testing it in the meantime. Create a new save while the servers are still up, and then try to use it offline to see if it converts properly. That support article does sound like it's no longer feasible, but worth a try all the same.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bbgeek on Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:31 am

I went offline in steam. If I try to access mycareer file, it says I must be online to do that. When I chose to play mycareer (offline), I was prompted to create a brand new save. The only thing it kept was my player's likeness (i.e. face). Bummer, because I know 2k16 DID convert the save and allow you to continue to use your player.

I think I'm going to take screenshots of my player's attributes, badges, etc. Then when the servers go offline, I will use limnono to make my offline player basically the same as my online player was at the end.
bbgeek

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:03 pm

That's very unfortunate. It was a handy feature. At the same time, it makes me feel a bit better about losing my NBA 2K17 MyCAREER save.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18