Hacking in online games

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Hacking in online games

Postby Mojazz on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:03 pm

I've been playing many online games since im a MyTeam player, so supermax is my game, but i came across all the time to this "hackers" where in when I am in lead nearing the end of the game, error message suddenly pops up...

At first I thought this was just a 2k problem, but it seems that the other player can manipulate it and they know when to disconnect when they are losing...

Can anyone enlightened me into this matter? Specially our chinese friends here coz it happens to me mostly when im playing with a chinese player.. Example is this guy below...

How can you even win with this kind of players, where if your losing, the game will end nicely, but if your winning, this shit happens...

P.S.
I dont know if this was already been posted but if it does, please direct me to the post cause i couldnt find one.
Mojazz

Re: Hacking in online games

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:09 pm

Yeah, it's a problem with the PC version, and definitely not something most of us would condone. So far, it seems the security measures have been inadequate in preventing that behaviour. Some people just have poor sportsmanship.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:56 pm

Andrew wrote:Yeah, it's a problem with the PC version, and definitely not something most of us would condone. So far, it seems the security measures have been inadequate in preventing that behaviour. Some people just have poor sportsmanship.

If it's a PC version issue, I wouldn't expect them to fix it.
StyxTx

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:47 am

The issue with this is that 2K will not be able to detect this cheating method prior to it being used. The other user is most likely changing a parameter while in an online match which automatically boots that user from the match.

The problem is that you are not being awarded a win. Not sure how 2K can fix this
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mojazz on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:01 am

TGsoGood wrote:The issue with this is that 2K will not be able to detect this cheating method prior to it being used. The other user is most likely changing a parameter while in an online match which automatically boots that user from the match.

The problem is that you are not being awarded a win. Not sure how 2K can fix this

I've read in some forums that this is like a cancer even from other previous NBA 2k's... I guess I'll have to switch to PS4 next year. So sad to leave PC like this, been a steam gamer since like forever... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mojazz

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 am

With the larger user base and lack of cheating tools, the PS4 version is preferable in terms of the online experience. PC is obviously still good for single player and mods, but unfortunately there are just too many people not playing fair when it comes to online, and with fewer people playing NBA 2K on PC compared to the consoles, they make up a larger percentage of the undesirable opponents.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18