Is there any way to get unbanned from 2k server?

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Is there any way to get unbanned from 2k server?

Postby Taboo on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 am

So i was using cheat engine to edit rosters and i got banned 3 months ago i contacted 2k support and they said my ban wont be lifted i dont know why but i was just editing roster im so confused
Taboo

Re: Is there any way to get unbanned from 2k server?

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Unless there's some kind of alternative appeal process, there's probably not a lot you can do for NBA 2K18. Generally speaking, 2K Support are the only ones who can help you out with something like that. As for why you were banned, well, it's obviously due to the use of Cheat Engine, which is also used to hack players and cheat online. The ban is according to their Terms of Service, and while you weren't using it to cheat online, they can't know that for sure.

As much as I'm unimpressed with 2K Support in general, I can sympathise with them in this situation, because we've had a lot of people try to pull the wool over our eyes here after they've been banned for doing something egregiously against the rules. You want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but that becomes difficult when so many people who've gone off the deep end and caused a scene claim that it was actually a younger sibling or friend posting from their account. Likewise, a lot of people who hack their MyPLAYERs have probably claimed to be just editing the offline rosters for their own use after being caught out. From 2K's perspective, they've heard that one before.

I'd like to give you some more helpful suggestions, but you're in a tough spot if 2K Support have already said no. I suppose you could keep asking, or maybe hit up one of the 2K reps on Twitter. It may help to try a slightly different tack, too. If your appeal has been along the lines of "This is all I was doing, and I wasn't doing anything wrong because I wasn't cheating, I should be unbanned", that can come across as accusing them of being in the wrong and not taking responsibility for an action that's technically against the ToS. Conversely, "I was using Cheat Engine to do (thing that's not cheating online), my bad, is there a chance for the ban to be lifted on a probationary basis?" acknowledges the mistake and accepts the consequences, while appealing for leniency and a second chance. Having run the NLSC for going on seventeen years now, I can attest that someone acknowledging their mistake is more likely to get a second chance than someone who pleads ignorance and insists they've been wronged by the rules being enforced.

Now, it all depends on 2K's policy of course, so there's no guarantee that you'll be successful. However, approaching the situation diplomatically and asking if there is an appeals process or any kind of provision for a probationary lifting of bans might be worth a shot. I'd definitely recommend it if your previous approach was to insist that all you were doing was editing the rosters, and that you've done nothing wrong. No guarantees, but they're the only ones who can help, and a different tack might just make a difference.

That's about all I can suggest, unfortunately. Best of luck!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby DANet on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Andrew wrote:Unless there's some kind of alternative appeal process, there's probably not a lot you can do for NBA 2K18. Generally speaking, 2K Support are the only ones who can help you out with something like that. As for why you were banned, well, it's obviously due to the use of Cheat Engine, which is also used to hack players and cheat online. The ban is according to their Terms of Service, and while you weren't using it to cheat online, they can't know that for sure.

As much as I'm unimpressed with 2K Support in general, I can sympathise with them in this situation, because we've had a lot of people try to pull the wool over our eyes here after they've been banned for doing something egregiously against the rules. You want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but that becomes difficult when so many people who've gone off the deep end and caused a scene claim that it was actually a younger sibling or friend posting from their account. Likewise, a lot of people who hack their MyPLAYERs have probably claimed to be just editing the offline rosters for their own use after being caught out. From 2K's perspective, they've heard that one before.

I'd like to give you some more helpful suggestions, but you're in a tough spot if 2K Support have already said no. I suppose you could keep asking, or maybe hit up one of the 2K reps on Twitter. It may help to try a slightly different tack, too. If your appeal has been along the lines of "This is all I was doing, and I wasn't doing anything wrong because I wasn't cheating, I should be unbanned", that can come across as accusing them of being in the wrong and not taking responsibility for an action that's technically against the ToS. Conversely, "I was using Cheat Engine to do (thing that's not cheating online), my bad, is there a chance for the ban to be lifted on a probationary basis?" acknowledges the mistake and accepts the consequences, while appealing for leniency and a second chance. Having run the NLSC for going on seventeen years now, I can attest that someone acknowledging their mistake is more likely to get a second chance than someone who pleads ignorance and insists they've been wronged by the rules being enforced.

Now, it all depends on 2K's policy of course, so there's no guarantee that you'll be successful. However, approaching the situation diplomatically and asking if there is an appeals process or any kind of provision for a probationary lifting of bans might be worth a shot. I'd definitely recommend it if your previous approach was to insist that all you were doing was editing the rosters, and that you've done nothing wrong. No guarantees, but they're the only ones who can help, and a different tack might just make a difference.

Well said. That is great advice.
DANet

Postby jk31 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 pm

What about using family share to share 2k18 to a second steam account? Does it still work?
jk31

Postby Taboo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 am

Andrew wrote:Unless there's some kind of alternative appeal process, there's probably not a lot you can do for NBA 2K18. Generally speaking, 2K Support are the only ones who can help you out with something like that. As for why you were banned, well, it's obviously due to the use of Cheat Engine, which is also used to hack players and cheat online. The ban is according to their Terms of Service, and while you weren't using it to cheat online, they can't know that for sure.

Thanks for the advice
jk31 wrote:What about using family share to share 2k18 to a second steam account? Does it still work?

Nope it says you have to buy the game to play online modes its like im playing the cracked version lol, i opened like 10 tickets asking for my ban removed i even apologized that i used cheat engine begged for the 2nd chance... there was alot of employees who answered to me some of them even got mad at me for no reason, i got banned on october i opened the ticked and waited for a month to get a response and they said no then i created another ticked then someone answered to me and said your ban should be lifted today i got hype asl and waited for a whole day and then i asked what happened and some other guy responded to me that my ban wont be lifted... i mean it's so disrespectful
Taboo

Postby Taboo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:29 am

Andrew wrote:the 2K reps on Twitter

Do you know their account? i should try
Taboo

Postby StyxTx on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am

The cheat engines come with a warning that they are not to be used on-line. It doesn't say it's ok to use on-line for certain aspects.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Taboo wrote:
Andrew wrote:the 2K reps on Twitter

Do you know their account? i should try

Accounts you might try:

Official NBA 2K
2K Support
Ronnie 2K

Note this is something beyond the control of any individual developers/producers/programmers and not their responsibility to handle, so don't hit any of them up. Also note that LD2K has recently moved on, so he's not in a position to help anymore. As such, those three would be the place to start.

I would include the email from them that mentions being unbanned (either copy and paste, or maybe better yet, a screenshot), to emphasise that at one point, it was indicated that you'd get a second chance. It sounds as though you have been taking the right tack in terms of being apologetic and taking responsibility, so definitely keep that approach while asking if there is an appeals process/probationary lifting of bans, and mentioning that the previous email suggested lenience was possible. As long as you're not weaponising that previous email or coming across as demanding, you'll be giving it your best shot and approaching it the right way.

Keep in mind that you may still be out of luck, especially if the standards for lenience are arbitrary (if indeed there are any to begin with), and it may be something they're being tougher on this year. It's probably about all you can do, though. You might want to check the NBA 2K Reddit to see if anyone else has any stories of being banned for doing the same thing, and whether they were successful in getting their ban lifted (and if so, how).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mitzkiro58 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:30 pm

There's a way to block the game NBA 2k connection while the steam online? We need to do is block the nba 2k without connection and we can edit the roster and save it.
mitzkiro58

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 pm

That's not really on-topic, but I believe the easiest way is to simply switch Steam to offline mode, make the edits and save the roster, and then go online with Steam again. There should be more information in the Modding and Tutorials sections.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18