Steam tags for 2K18

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Steam tags for 2K18

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:05 pm

As I watch the SteamDB changes for NBA 2K18 I see some tags being removed after nominated by users, so just for our entertainment:

• Free to Play - I guess people are trying to tell you something 2K
  • Dating Sim - classic Steam community
  • Action
  • Psychological Horror - this one actually fits well
  • Open World - for some reason it's popular user tag
  • Nudity
  • Anime
  • Horror

I do not know who removed the tags (maybe it just gets outvoted by community), but a Free to Play Open World Psychological Horror Dating Sim with Anime and Nudity sounds fun.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Re: Steam tags for 2K18

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Definitely some puzzling tags there, but then again, I haven't progressed that far into the MyCAREER story yet. I can't seem to mark the LaVar Ball message as read by opening it up and then ignoring it, so I guess that's the Horror/Psychological Horror.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:56 pm

I mean some of them are just Stema community being Steam community, but the Free to Play kinda caught my attention, because that might be a legitimate message to 2K.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:49 pm

There's some wit to that one, I agree.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:35 am

So two new tags made it to the store...

Illuminati - again, never change Steam community, never change. And Walking Simulator - players trying to tell 2K what they think about neighborhood. I'm sure even those who were pumped for it might find it annoying to walk around, especially if you just go for VC to your agent, or for juice after drills to get one more.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 am

Although I can appreciate the concept and the work that went into it, The Neighborhood has been as annoying and cumbersome as I feared it might be. Definitely have to give Walking Simulator its due in that regard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:47 pm

Yup, interesting idea and I'm certain lot of work went into that. Sadly the execution is not that great, especially if I only want to play NBA games.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:32 pm

I'd be interested to see how reactions differ by age group, if at all. I feel like the concept might be more appealing to younger gamers. I find I don't have the patience for it, and would rather just go straight to features and submodes via a menu.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby m29a on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:36 pm

Dommy73 wrote:Yup, interesting idea and I'm certain lot of work went into that. Sadly the execution is not that great, especially if I only want to play NBA games.

You may already know this, but instead of MyCareer (which I dislike due to the unskippable cutscenes/this new open world thing/VC), you can do a position or player lock in MyLeague. Create your own player, upgrade slowly or fast at your desire without the VC stuff. It's really cool, as an alternative to MyCareer that I'm not sure many people know of. The option is in there buried somewhere. It'll even skip through when you're not playing, basically like MyCareer.
m29a

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:43 pm

It's a viable alternative, though a lot of people do like the extra stuff that's a part of the MyCAREER experience. If you do have any interest in playing online modes like 2K Pro-Am and The Playground, it's also not an option. In that instance you just have to grind up a MyPLAYER, one way or another.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:23 am

I know, there are even people playing "YourPlayer" which utilizes the player lock and has strict rules on how you can improve.

There are things I do like about MyCareer though. Badge progression is one of them (although I'm not a fan of replacing Free Throw, Hands and I think Hustle attributes with them).

I also like the fish. It's so stupid it actually made me chuckle.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby MaxMBox on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:52 am

I got Internet problems 3 days in a row so I desided to give a try to offline version of MC - and this is a very good experience. Especially with Limnono tool with F2, F3 activated. There is still bage progression and developing your player using grinded SP, but the main menu like in old MyGM\MyLeague. And without VC\Storyline stuff. So if you don't like microtransactions and cutscenes and all you need is NBA games and player developing- welcome to offline MC with Limnono tool for accessories\shoes\animation editing. But you should remember one thing - if you decide to change your player'sattributes in 'Edit player' menu, upgrades using SP doesn't count at all. You'll have 60 ovr no matter what you current ratings are and in SP upgrade menu there is separate ovl (63 for me now).
MaxMBox

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 am

It's a shame that you can't manually choose an offline MyCAREER without having to disable your connection, and still have some of the basic functionality in terms of basic accessories and clothes. It'd be nice to be able to choose between a more streamlined experience, and the full one with the storyline, VC, The Neighborhood, and so on.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18