I thought it was MyCAREER...

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: I thought it was MyCAREER...

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:15 am

It's an entertaining thought. If there's any truth to it, then it's kind of brilliant.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:02 am

phpBB [video]

:lol:
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:14 am

Perfect. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Hard_Knockz on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:23 pm

Lol @ how he just pulls up from 30 feet on a fast break. Tendencies in general this year seem to be a joke, way too much 3 pt spam. Played the Nuggets and every other possession ended in a 3 pt attempt.
Hard_Knockz

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:14 pm

I mean... He IS named SHAMmy...

So as far as the story goes in MyCareer they nailed the joke basketball player character and totally failed at the joke asian wannabe black character.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:00 am

Guys, it's probably wrong thread to ask, but is there any way to swap archetypes? I made shot-creating playmaker, played for some time and thought that playmaking shot-creator would be better for me. Maybe modifier has such functions, dunno.
zetsuboushta

Postby JWL3 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:58 am

Dommy73 wrote:I mean... He IS named SHAMmy...

So as far as the story goes in MyCareer they nailed the joke basketball player character and totally failed at the joke asian wannabe black character.

Seriously, why is that asian woman trying to act black? Every character in all the 2k's seems to act black, even Pres, who supposedly has parents who are middle-class white-washed.

Speaking of asian, we went from 0 asians, to 1 asian girlfriend last year, to like 10 asians this year.
JWL3

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:20 am

zetsuboushta wrote:Guys, it's probably wrong thread to ask, but is there any way to swap archetypes? I made shot-creating playmaker, played for some time and thought that playmaking shot-creator would be better for me. Maybe modifier has such functions, dunno.

A bit off-topic, but not to worry. It can't be done without starting a new player, unfortunately.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:58 am

Andrew wrote:
zetsuboushta wrote:Guys, it's probably wrong thread to ask, but is there any way to swap archetypes? I made shot-creating playmaker, played for some time and thought that playmaking shot-creator would be better for me. Maybe modifier has such functions, dunno.

A bit off-topic, but not to worry. It can't be done without starting a new player, unfortunately.

It was expected, but thanks you!
zetsuboushta

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:17 am

JWL3 wrote:
Dommy73 wrote:I mean... He IS named SHAMmy...

Seriously, why is that asian woman trying to act black? Every character in all the 2k's seems to act black, even Pres, who supposedly has parents who are middle-class white-washed.

Speaking of asian, we went from 0 asians, to 1 asian girlfriend last year, to like 10 asians this year.

Lol Asians in the game? I might have to check it out. I would imagine there's a good number of them working on the game so it's not much of a stretch.

I wish nba live had more Asian last names for Mike breen to say though.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:01 pm

[Q] wrote:Lol Asians in the game? I might have to check it out

BEEE SMOOTHEEE, she's at the start and end of this vid:
phpBB [video]
benji

Postby JWL3 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:01 am

I appreciate the increase in asians, being one myself. We used to have to create a myplayer using a caucasian face and just pretend. Now you can choose default asian faces or do the (much-improved) facescan on the app. Only problem is, I'm a 65 rated asian dude with a receding hairline and a dad bod. HAHA, none of the giant black dudes in mypark want to run with me.
JWL3

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Shammy?

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:52 pm

I like how in MyCAREER the stats guy was talking about my +/- being epic, I wonder if it actually has to be for that cutscene to play or if it plays for everyone at the same point.

Also, Greg Anthony seems to think Shammy Wells doesn't look for just his own shot but is a legitimate team player.
benji

Postby Yuurei on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:47 pm

I think that most of a cutscenes are not related to progress of your career, unfortunately. Lazy developers are lazy ;)
Yuurei

Postby JWL3 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:22 am

Along the same vein as "I thought it was MY career. "

My worthless coach Popovich pulls me every 4th quarter. We are locked in a playoff battle with OkC and every single game we've lost is when he's pulled me in the 4th. Only to reinsert me during garbage time when we're down badly. WTF is his problem? When I leave, we are up and when I go back in, we are always down. We just lost game 5 cause of this bs.
JWL3

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:15 am

Good to know it's not just Hoiberg who screws over MyPLAYERs. Though, at least Hoiberg being a mediocre coach is sim; not so much Pops.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MaxMBox on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:29 pm

It's a common problem: AI coaches doesn't addopt their systems and gameplans depending of roster changes and MyPlayer character. And GMs doesn't sign\trade players for coach's system.
MaxMBox

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Yeah, they stick pretty closely to the minutes you've earned in the rotation, without accounting for when you're having the game of your life and should be kept in longer than usual.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:12 am

Did anyone on the Internet already documented what GM options do you unlock when you reach the OVR level? (I think it is 90, but not sure)
It would be shitty workaround, but maybe you could setup your minutes in the paint tool or even sub yourself in.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:25 am

As far as I'm aware, you get to influence trades and signings, and possibly ask to be traded.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby benji on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Andrew wrote:Yeah, they stick pretty closely to the minutes you've earned in the rotation, without accounting for when you're having the game of your life and should be kept in longer than usual.

I actually think this is a little bit better this year. However, it doesn't take into account you and other players secondary positions as well.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason the coaching AI is being forced into this is because four players on my team are injured including every center except Boban. So I'm getting extra burn at PF, where it'd be subbing me out for Tobias Harris and Stanley Johnson at SF otherwise.

My favorite part about the coaching this year are the halftime orders. Especially when they counter what the little stats thing says, "they're killing us on threes!" and it says they're shooting 10% or "dude is killing us on the perimeter, double him!" and he has like five points. Then again, my coach is the MASTER OF PANIC.
benji

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18