NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby KufiSmackah on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Jeez, got a new laptop with these following Specs, but the game is still running horrible. Can I please have some assistance?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KufiSmackah
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby KufiSmackah on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Here is some more details if needed.

Thanks in advanced.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KufiSmackah
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby BattlePhenom on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:29 pm

KufiSmackah wrote:Here is some more details if needed.

Thanks in advanced.


I would try 1920x1080 with AA set to 1 and "Media people" set to "medium". If you still have issues go to Nvidia control panel and setup a profile for NBA 2K18 and set Anti Aliasing - Mode to "Override Application" and then Anti Aliasing - Setting to "off". Also make sure you have "Prefer maximum performance" on under Power Management Mode and also make sure under Power options in Windows 10 control panel you have it on High performance.
BattlePhenom
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby oliverqueen2610 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:35 pm

My portraits were ok but after I played around with my settings and setup some mods they became low res, any ideas anybody?
oliverqueen2610
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:38 am

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:51 am

Triple buffering ?
my NBA2K : flickr | YouTube
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:33 am

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby Syncinatti on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:12 am

I used to get 60fps @4k using my gtx 970 sli (with the inspector hack) but after patch 1.04 it's locked at 40.Wtf!!
Any suggestions as to what I should do
Syncinatti
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby marcolollo on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:14 am

timmyd wrote:I have an AMDRx480, so I'll try to play around with the settings in the AMD profile/software thingy.

I spoke with D43 about it recently, he suggested locking in the FPS to 60 and turning AA to 4. Honestly, I did the change of AA down to 4 and don't notice a difference in graphics, edges, or screen tearing. However, game play is A LOT smoother. Also, locking the FPS to 60 also helped tremendously. I do see the game fighting every now and than during game play but it is minimal and sometimes does not happen.

One other thing I did was turn the Crowd details to Medium and the commentators/broadcast/camera crew to medium as well. Everything else is Ultra/High.

Also, I turned off the cutscenes. During cutscenes, game would drop 1-9 FPS or have that battle where it would jump between 60 to 54 back to 59 down to 52 etc.

I turned game speed to 51 and got faster animations.

Also I want to want, I haven't put in any mod's yet. I sense that courts, jerseys, players might be higher quality of textures and therefor slow the game a bit even during game play. That's my next step into this.... hopefully it does not slow down lol I really wanna try the sweatfx and courts created by all the talented people here.


But your v-sync is off, right? both in game and in nvidia cp?
marcolollo
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 am

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:17 am

marcolollo wrote:
timmyd wrote:I have an AMDRx480, so I'll try to play around with the settings in the AMD profile/software thingy.

I spoke with D43 about it recently, he suggested locking in the FPS to 60 and turning AA to 4. Honestly, I did the change of AA down to 4 and don't notice a difference in graphics, edges, or screen tearing. However, game play is A LOT smoother. Also, locking the FPS to 60 also helped tremendously. I do see the game fighting every now and than during game play but it is minimal and sometimes does not happen.

One other thing I did was turn the Crowd details to Medium and the commentators/broadcast/camera crew to medium as well. Everything else is Ultra/High.

Also, I turned off the cutscenes. During cutscenes, game would drop 1-9 FPS or have that battle where it would jump between 60 to 54 back to 59 down to 52 etc.

I turned game speed to 51 and got faster animations.

Also I want to want, I haven't put in any mod's yet. I sense that courts, jerseys, players might be higher quality of textures and therefor slow the game a bit even during game play. That's my next step into this.... hopefully it does not slow down lol I really wanna try the sweatfx and courts created by all the talented people here.


But your v-sync is off, right? both in game and in nvidia cp?


If hes like me, VSYNC is on.

And, he has an AMD card, not NVIDIA. He actually had the same AMD card I have. I actually have no drop in FPS ever, but that's probably because I have a slightly better processor than TimmyD.

This has been the Nvidia thread this year. You may want to check it out, some tips are in here.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=104401
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 7383
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby marcolollo on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:21 am

Just spent one week trying to solve my issue.... nothing changed!
My problem is that the game starts smooth, with vsync on and obviously 60 fps... then, in the second or third game the fps drops to 45-48 with a lot of stuttering. the load for the graphic card increases in the middle of the game. the GPU temperature doesn't change, don't know what makes my game heavier for the GPU at some point
marcolollo
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 am

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:25 am

marcolollo wrote:Just spent one week trying to solve my issue.... nothing changed!
My problem is that the game starts smooth, with vsync on and obviously 60 fps... then, in the second or third game the fps drops to 45-48 with a lot of stuttering. the load for the graphic card increases in the middle of the game. the GPU temperature doesn't change, don't know what makes my game heavier for the GPU at some point


Use MSI Afterburner, I use it every single time I turn on my CPU. Set your fan speed to manual in the program, and put it at like 90. It really helps...

My Card never overheats anymore since I started using Afterburner. It's a free program. It sounds like your card is overheating after a couple games, which could be causing the stuttering.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 7383
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby marcolollo on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 am

Dee4Three wrote:
marcolollo wrote:Just spent one week trying to solve my issue.... nothing changed!
My problem is that the game starts smooth, with vsync on and obviously 60 fps... then, in the second or third game the fps drops to 45-48 with a lot of stuttering. the load for the graphic card increases in the middle of the game. the GPU temperature doesn't change, don't know what makes my game heavier for the GPU at some point


Use MSI Afterburner, I use it every single time I turn on my CPU. Set your fan speed to manual in the program, and put it at like 90. It really helps...

My Card never overheats anymore since I started using Afterburner. It's a free program. It sounds like your card is overheating after a couple games, which could be causing the stuttering.


thanks!! I will try some adjustments
marcolollo
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 am

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby Enigma172 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:54 am

Running with a GTX 1050 Ti, Intel i5 7500@3.4 GHz, 8 GB Ram playing at 1080p. Can not find any fix or solution to improve my FPS, constant stuttering and no stable FPS, although strangely enough I get a smooth 60 FPS in the replay viewer... someone please help me out. Thanks!
Just trying to make it in high school basketball, damn I'm never going anywhere.
User avatar
Enigma172
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby Rosque on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:48 am

Reduce media people textures in settings
User avatar
Rosque
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: NBA 2K18 PC Frame Rate Drops - Share your conf

Postby fran10 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Rosque wrote:Reduce media people textures in settings


Reduce to medium or low?
fran10
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:47 pm

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests