MyLEAGUE/MyGM Developer Blog

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

MyLEAGUE/MyGM Developer Blog

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:07 am

Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/n ... 630982267/

A quick breakdown:

• MyGM (now titled MyGM: The Next Chapter) will now feature a story, similar to MyCAREER. Gamers will still retain control over gameplay and team building features. It will also have a few more customisation options.
  • MyLEAGUE will retain its large suite of customisation features, and familiar sandbox approach.
  • The 2017 NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement will be accurately reflected, including aspects such as Super Max Contracts, updated salary figures, Stretch Provisions, Two-Way Contracts, the Hardship Exception, and so on. New rule changes such as the number of timeouts have also been implemented.
  • G-League (formerly the D-League) Integration. No G-League games are playable, but players can be sent there to help with their development.
  • The Free Agent Moratorium is in the game. As in real life, no signings will be made official during that period, but you can come to binding verbal agreements with players. Cap holds and renounced rights are also now included.
    I
  • nternational Draftees can remain overseas, and rights to players can be traded during the Draft. Draft Class generation has also been improved.
  • Re-branding options have been enhanced with additions such as alternate uniforms, and the ability to redesign a team's court without also redesigning the whole arena. Relocation and re-branding options are also available in MyLEAGUE Online, and there are new cities to relocate to.
  • All-Star Game hosts will be selected each offseason, and will have their own generated designs, rather than generic All-Star courts.
  • Players will have attributes that determine how frequently they wear each type of accessory (Never, Rarely, Sometimes, Often, Always). Jumpshot Creator can also be used for any player, quick editing has been expanded, and created players can be added to a MyLEAGUE game already in progress.
  • The ability to practice plays is back.
  • There is a new Analytics Tool, better functionality when searching for community creations, and other features that make various customisation and administration tasks easier.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: MyLEAGUE/MyGM Developer Blog

Postby timmyd on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:17 am

The jumpshot creator is going to be tremendous! I can finally create much more realistic jumpers.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:04 am

Amazing additions, never really played MyGM this year so I'll have to give it a try with all these new additions.

That's one thing 2K have always improved on while other companies have ignored (aka EA Sports). Of course look who's one of the guys behind the helm one of our very own Leftos :lol:
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby themogg20 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:18 am

These look incredibly good. All of these are some much needed steps to making 2k more realistic and lifelike, especially the cap changes and the G-League addition.
themogg20

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:16 am

So After many years of a MyCareer scripted mode, we'll have MyGM scripted mode.
Cant wait ...
sticky-fingers

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:38 am

Well he did say that they've designed a story that won't impact your experience. It's just something that's in the background, kind of like a backstory. Notice the bold text:

As a franchise diehard myself, I understand the importance and integrity of team building to your franchise experience. We’ve designed a story that will delight and entertain without infringing on the plans you have for your roster. Draft, trade, and contract decisions are not spoon fed by the writing. Make the story your own, and build a winner!
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:31 am

If it's handled like the story in NBA 2K17's MyCAREER, it shouldn't be too bad, or interfere too much with the general experience. I'm still more inclined to go with MyLEAGUE. All the additions and enhancements to the depth and realism in terms of the CBA and whatnot sound fantastic.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dare on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:38 am

Any word on improved AI logic? Don't want to see a team with 4 PGs and 4 SGs.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:59 am

Nothing specific was mentioned in the blog, but my guess is that there's been some work put into refining it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Murat on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:47 pm

They always come up with new and realistic ideas. I like it
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Wolfy03 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:07 pm

This sounds interesting, we will see how it works out.
Wolfy03

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:59 pm

I guess they listened to me when I asked to bring back 2K12's feature to send players to the G-League and regain them back later. Stashing internationals players is nice, but I'd like to see how much this will impact their ratings (not the same to send a player to China or to the Euroleague).

I'd like the addition of the new CBA 2017 rules. I hope we see some more news about this two modes. Some other good implementations and I could buy the game just because of this modes. Although, at the end of the game 2K is a business, and MyTeam and MyCareer it's what sells.

And yeah, an improvement on the AI in-game as well as off-game (front offices) is required. I am tired of feeling the CPU beats me because of being overpowered rather than being more smart than me. I think they should improve their algorithm by taking data from real humans playing the game in a simulation style (no MyTeam style).
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Nick on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:51 am

Some nice new little features, but if the core algorithms of the game are off again then it's all for nothing.

Love what i read about the draft generation logic stuff. No mention of them working on the logic for player progression or sim stats though. Sounds like they may be adding features onto broken foundations again. Will have to wait and see.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K18