The Journey to Platinum... or something along those lines.

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

The Journey to Platinum... or something along those lines.

Postby Kenny on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:09 pm

I thought about developing a piece about this, but instead I'm just going to go with a thread for now. I've mentioned on previous podcasts that I'm going for the platinum trophy on PS4. At the moment I'm sitting on 84% and I only have four trophies left... even though it could be argued that I really only should have one left. Here is what I have left to do:

Shooter's Touch
Description: Successfully perform every shot type in the game.

I've gone into Play Now and attempted this numerous times. I've followed the shot guide in the game, and executed all the shots to the best of my knowledge at least once. I'm interested to find out if this requires post moves as well, or whether it's glitched.

CLUTCH
Description: Make a game winning shot with green release.

I've actually done this three times in Franchise mode:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

And twice in the One:
phpBB [video]

Your Favorite Player's Favorite Player
Description: Obtain a Hype Level of 100 in The League and The Streets within The One.

Again, I thought I achieved this one, since the max levels are actually 50.

Joining the Elite
Description: Win the MVP Award in The League within The One.

Now, this is the one trophy I know I haven't completed yet, so hopefully it's just a matter of time and "grinding".

---

If anyone else has achieved any of these trophies - aside from the last - I'd love to know how you achieved them. And if you would like to know how I achieved the others, I could try and give you the most accurate explanation I can.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: The Journey to Platinum... or something along those lines.

Postby [Q] on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 pm

I just realized I'm not that far off from a platinum either. I have the ones you have left plus all pro am objectives which I know I can do and also the kidding around one with the passes which I have tried but failed
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:26 pm

The multiple Green release game-winners are impressive. Really hoping the Trophy for Hype Level isn't glitched out, I know you've been playing hard to get that 100% completion.

Apparently Shooter's Touch can be gained in Practice, though I'm pretty sure I've completed the checklists during a shootaround, and don't have that Trophy. Although, I can't remember if I did that in the demo, in which case I need to actually try it again in the full version and see if it unlocks that way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:59 pm

[Q] wrote:I just realized I'm not that far off from a platinum either. I have the ones you have left plus all pro am objectives which I know I can do and also the kidding around one with the passes which I have tried but failed

The pro-am objectives are far easier to do now they have changed a few around. My post anchor centre simply couldn't hit a three to save his life, so it was looking like it would be the case of having to find the perfect play style, which I don't like doing.

As for the kidding around trophy, you can pretty much get it if you play long quarters and spam the different passes. I'm pretty sure I did each pass about 3 or 4 times each, but the trophy unlocked for me on a stray alley oop pass that hit the rim :lol:

Andrew wrote:The multiple Green release game-winners are impressive. Really hoping the Trophy for Hype Level isn't glitched out, I know you've been playing hard to get that 100% completion.

Apparently Shooter's Touch can be gained in Practice, though I'm pretty sure I've completed the checklists during a shootaround, and don't have that Trophy. Although, I can't remember if I did that in the demo, in which case I need to actually try it again in the full version and see if it unlocks that way.

I hope it isn't either. It didn't take too long to get Level 50 in both street and league, but current schedule restrictions make it something I don't particularly want to revisit. At some point I'll have to play a significant amount of games for the MVP trophy, so maybe I'll do that with another player

I've read that about Shooter's Touch as well, but I can't seem to get the putback. Nor can I get the checklist of shots to display again.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:51 pm

I'll look into it and give it another shot. Kidding Around was easy enough by spamming the passes as you said. 12 minute quarters help there, because you've got time to just mess around.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:25 am

Green release game winner sounds tough since its pretty hard to get a wide open shot to begin with, let alone at the end of a 1 or 2 point game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am

I didn't need a green release lol

ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 am

And you still got the Trophy/Achievement?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:53 pm

OMG the defender laid so hard on that screen. CPU always recovers so fast on me lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:47 am

Andrew wrote:And you still got the Trophy/Achievement?

Yeah
ThaLiveKing

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:50 am

[Q] wrote:OMG the defender laid so hard on that screen. CPU always recovers so fast on me lol

They usually go over the screen, I was lucky that the screener got enough body so that I can get the open shot. I was shocked I made it lol.
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 18