Idea: Creating a Separate Mode for Roster Editing

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Idea: Creating a Separate Mode for Roster Editing

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:43 am

I made his video awhile ago, but I had an idea on how they could implement roster editing this year. They already have the blueprint, they can basically create a new mode so it doesn't effect the current modes.

1.Use the franchise mode layout for trades, releasing players etc.
2. The player customization screen is perfect, they would have to import all of the players.
3. Saving the file would be the same as saving a franchise mode file, but you would have to play in the "roster editing" mode to play with your rosters
4. They could allow us to have the Free Agent pool
5. Allow player rotations + minutes into that mode as well
6. Obviously rating editing would be nice but I would rather that be done in the roster section rather than the edit player section

This could be huge if implemented

phpBB [video]
ThaLiveKing

Re: Idea: Creating a Separate Mode for Roster Editing

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:20 am

Fantastic suggestions. I'm assuming we'll have to wait until NBA Live 19, but if there is a way to patch it in using this method, so much the better. Great work!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby beegees on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:06 am

Maybe they strict us to force diving into LUT with legends, various rated player cards etc. needless to say rosters of dreams. :)
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:12 am

beegees wrote:Maybe they strict us to force diving into LUT with legends, various rated player cards etc. needless to say rosters of dreams. :)

never understood that TBH, why not let us play with legends in regular mode
ThaLiveKing

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:13 am

Yeah man I don't want to have to grind 130+ games just to get to play as Magic or GP
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:32 am

My theory is that they've avoided doing anything with Legends outside of LUT because it's hard to compete with what NBA 2K has done in terms of historical content. Going back to just having some All-Decade teams (and a Legends Pool, in the event there's roster editing functionality) is going to pale in comparison to a huge selection of historical squads. That's not to say that I don't think they should do it, because they absolutely should find a way to utilise those Legends outside of LUT, much the same way as they've found a way to provide some WNBA content. It could lead to unflattering comparisons however, so if that is the reason, I can understand where they're coming from.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 am

Made sure to mention this topic in this week's Monday Tip-Off. (Y)

Reiterating what I said there, if roster editing can be patched into NBA Live 18, I'd be fine with them leaving out Create-a-Player and just giving us the basics in terms of moving players around, and changing jersey numbers and ratings. Obviously I'd like to see a full suite of customisation and creation tools in NBA Live 19, but if they can patch in some limited roster editing functionality this year, I'll take what I can get.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 am

Andrew wrote:Made sure to mention this topic in this week's Monday Tip-Off. (Y)

Reiterating what I said there, if roster editing can be patched into NBA Live 18, I'd be fine with them leaving out Create-a-Player and just giving us the basics in terms of moving players around, and changing jersey numbers and ratings. Obviously I'd like to see a full suite of customisation and creation tools in NBA Live 19, but if they can patch in some limited roster editing functionality this year, I'll take what I can get.

A reason why I say they can create a separate mode is because it can give them feedback on what they can possibly do moving forward. Even if it's a BETA, people would still accept it. They're losing sales because this feature is not in the game, who knows how much, but a lot of people need it for their experience.

They could also be waiting for Frostbite, and just take what NHL did and apply it to their games since you can take bits and pieces from the engine and use it.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 am

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see when they'll make the jump to Frostbite.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Haven't played in a while. Did they add this yet?
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 pm

They haven't. It's worth noting that it hasn't been promised, and probably shouldn't be expected.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:16 am

Andrew wrote:They haven't. It's worth noting that it hasn't been promised, and probably shouldn't be expected.

Meh i guess im fine with that since the game is actually good this year. But what im not fine with is how franchise doesn't have scouting. That makes me have to switch to 2k on my pc just to play MyLeague
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:08 am

I agree, we need that depth and we need roster editing. Sadly, I can't see either being added via a patch, but "next year" has to indeed mean next year when it comes to those things.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 18