Reason behind lack of Mid-Range game

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Reason behind lack of Mid-Range game

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:38 am

I been thinking about this for awhile. Remember the "take off zone" from NBA Live 15, you initiate a gather from anywhere in that area and you take off to the basket. I wonder if they shrank that area if it would change the outcome on a lot of the issues regarding CPU paint dominance in NBA Live 18. Shrink it at least below the elbow and see if it does anything. That's my only explanation, I've tried countless sliders, even turned the ALL sliders down to zero to see what effect it will have on the CPU and it's the same.

ThaLiveKing

Re: Reason behind lack of Mid-Range game

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 am

I remember playing 2k7 and with one animation you would take off from the top of the key lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 am

It could be that, but I think it's also tendency related, because the AI is looking to drive on pretty much every play.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Iam hearing alot of complaints about to any driving playing in nba live and its something that goes right back to Live 95 so I hope they take the feedback on board and patch a fix once the season starts and they update the tendency data, lowing the game speed helps a little too I've found
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:57 pm

mp3 wrote:Iam hearing alot of complaints about to any driving playing in nba live and its something that goes right back to Live 95 so I hope they take the feedback on board and patch a fix once the season starts and they update the tendency data, lowing the game speed helps a little too I've found

it does, the paint driving and the put backs are the main annoyances right now with Live.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:
mp3 wrote:Iam hearing alot of complaints about to any driving playing in nba live and its something that goes right back to Live 95 so I hope they take the feedback on board and patch a fix once the season starts and they update the tendency data, lowing the game speed helps a little too I've found

it does, the paint driving and the put backs are the main annoyances right now with Live.

Put back dunks off of free throw misses is really annoying... it happens all the time.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:22 am

Like the guys said in this week's podcast,EA may be waiting for the season to start so they have that synergy dna daily updates they do when they know more of how a team plays and where there shots come from, nba live 16 didn't play like that so it's hard to imagine why they would dumb down the gameplay this year.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:24 am

Dee4Three wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:

Put back dunks off of free throw misses is really annoying... it happens all the time.

Isn't there a slider for putbacks? Sorry Iam still in work so can't look.
mp3

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:15 am

mp3 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:

Isn't there a slider for putbacks? Sorry Iam still in work so can't look.

Nope, only for alley oops and offensive rebounds
ThaLiveKing

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:23 am

Well lowering offensive rebounds you imagine would help there I guess, I've being working on some sliders and although I get some good results in patches there are still flaws in the game that shine through but hopefully like we have mentioned in other threads about how different teams play, until that is addressed I think the game will remain the same.

Iam still enjoying the game though, there's far more good than bad in my eyes.
mp3

Return to NBA Live 18