Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 am

I thought he was effective, but definitely expendable. Not sure I'll get much for him, but worth a shot.

Would love to get Ewing. I too would prefer Houston to Jackson.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:49 am

I'd advise everyone to hold off on legend packs for this week. Many of the Knicks players don't have impressive attributes, and it's almost been an hour since the packs were released, and I've seen nobody pull Ewing, not even on Twitter.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:29 am

Thanks for the tip. A shame, though.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:35 am

An hour and a half has passed since the legend packs were released, and still not a single Ewing pulled. I think they forgot to include him inside the packs.

Here's the attributes of all the Knicks legends by the way

Edit: After two hours, some finally pulled Ewing. Either they finally added him into the packs, or he's that insanely low to pull.

shinron15

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:53 am

Ewing's finishing and rebounding/defensive ratings probably make him worth it if you're lucky enough.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:12 am

Hopefully they gave Ewing a dunk package for those who pulled him. His stats look similar to David Robinson's on closer inspection, so if somebody is still looking for their second Center, and somehow (keyword: somehow) manages to pull Pat, they found their backup Center. Karl Malone still needs a fixed dunk package, as he still performs layups and the occasional two handed standing dunk.

Legend packs are possibly the scariest this week if anyone is brave enough to try their luck, and here I thought the Celtics pack was risky enough. I got a trial Willis Reed from the challenge, so I thought I give his card a chance, and he can't really do much, but at the very least, he's capable of blocking shots. Frazier and Jackson (especially Jackson) seem to be good as speed and dribbling...and that's about it. King is a good finisher, post player, and a solid rebounder, but I don't think he would make my team imo.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:34 am

Can confirm low odds for Ewing. I had some NBA Points left over so I thought I'd give it a try. Ended up with Reed, who I'm now trying to flip along with Yao. I did get Ewing's short term card from the challenge though, and I can confirm that he has an effective big man dunk package.

Also played the Dirk Big Moment, and ended up with a short term LeBron James card.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 am

I'm hoping for more Master challenges to drop. We still need the 2/2 games to upgrade the existing Masters, and it's almost been two months since the last batch of challenges were released.
shinron15

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:26 am

I pulled Frazier from the challenge pack. I wanted to fill a roster spot so I had been using Walton's limited card on my bench but I decided to actually use him. I was a little surprised that his rebounding was pretty good. His defense was pretty solid just like in the 70s team challenge. Too bad he's not good for anything else

I wound up pick up a Penny hardaway card just for fun as he was one of my favorite players. I am starting to stop thinking about getting the best players to make my starting 12 as I'm maxed out on that and looking to get players that are fun to play with or who I am big fans of.

I have quite a few players now just outside the top 12 who I sub in for fun now: all star lillard, all star Butler, yao, Glen Rice, Penny, totw randle & Clarkson, Donovan Mitchell, Rick Barry, and a few others
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shinron15 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 am

Rookie Ladder cards upgraded today. Simmons jumped from a 91 to a 93!

shinron15

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:03 am

Man, I jumped on the Donovan Mitchell train a little too late. Wish I got his ladder card early on before the price jumped!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shinron15 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:32 am

Anybody else feeling that LUT is lacking atm? I keep seeing posts on Twitter how Live Mobile is getting all these new Masters and Holiday players, while LUT 18 hasn't even received a new Master in two months.
shinron15

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:43 am

It's definitely gotten a bit stale. The all star event was nice, but I'd like more content besides new players since I have my team set.

I've been mindlessly playing the ladder and legends challenge each week just to do them and to see what I get. Then scanning through the jerseys in auction house to see bid I can flip any for a profit.

Still confuses me why they don't have city or classic jerseys in the mode. Hell, they even had Sonics jerseys for the legend event that week. They added the statements fairly quickly after they were officially unveiled. No throwback logos like they had in 15 so people are using regular logos and you're given your favorite teams logo so there's no incentive in getting another one.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:11 am

LUT needs a mode like MyTEAM's Domination, and perhaps a couple of Big Moments challenges each week. Again, challenges to convert the temporary cards into permanent ones would be good as well. Definitely agree that additional content like retro jerseys wouldn't go astray either.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:29 am

Speaking of uniforms, it would be cool to see the option to have players wear team specific uniforms, like the '97-'02 All-Star games. The legends can wear their uniforms from their time, complete with reduced shorts length (I remember the older Live games had an option to adjust shorts length for a designated player).

Even the Big Moments challenges are kind of disappointing when you look at it. There are some players with luck so bad, that they might pull nothing but trials from those challenges, and not a single permanent player. Yes, it's a free card, but the odds of pulling a permanent almost feel like MyTeam odds of getting that one player you want from the limited time packs, and most of the permanent cards I've seen pulled were Boogie and Jokic.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:46 am

I haven't had any luck getting a permanent card from the Big Moments challenges yet. Admittedly, I have had some pretty good luck with the Legends packs so far, but I've also dropped some real cash on them.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:42 am

Just turned Yao Ming into Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway (Warriors edition). That's also given me Run-TMC coming off the bench.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Once you get your team stacked, it becomes fun to play against the AI in Play Now. I usually put my team against either the East or West All-Stars to see how well they do. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the online experience. It was a laggy mess, and my opponent's connection dropped. Shame, since he had a 94 overall team vs my 93 overall team.

Hopefully, Live 19 has the ability to play with friends in head to head. It would be even better if it were like MyTeam, where if you were playing with a friend, none of your players' contracts will be used, including the trial cards.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:41 pm

I haven't had a great experience online either, be it in LUT or in the LIVE Events. Not having a local server definitely hurts; jumpshots and free throws are virtually impossible.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:54 am

These prices I keep seeing in the AH make it nearly impossible to buy cards nowadays. I see the great legend Centers going for about 250k+, whenever I see a Pippen, he goes for 300k+, Bird goes for 900k+, etc. On top of that, I can't even find cards for certain players anymore (Mikan being the best example I can think of off the top of my head).

I remember seeing Robinson going for around 150k, Magic Shaq going for around 175k, and even Pippen going for around 180k, but it appears the price has basically doubled for every player.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 am

Yeah, I don't think I'll end up with Shaq, Ewing, or Robinson. I was lucky to get Hakeem in a pack, and Mutombo fairly cheaply in the Auction House.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:09 am

It's strange, considering that prices on the XB1 AH are much lower than the PS4 AH. Glen Rice goes for about 85k on XB1, but goes for 150k+ on PS4. Another instance is with 96 Iverson. He goes for around 300k on XB1, but goes for 700k+ on PS4. If the prices continue to become this demanding, the AH will become obsolete.
shinron15

Postby shinron15 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:27 am

shinron15

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:17 am

Interesting that XB1 users are setting lower prices. Maybe there's more wagering happening on PS4?

Andrew
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:47 pm

shinron15 wrote:These prices I keep seeing in the AH make it nearly impossible to buy cards nowadays. I see the great legend Centers going for about 250k+, whenever I see a Pippen, he goes for 300k+, Bird goes for 900k+, etc. On top of that, I can't even find cards for certain players anymore (Mikan being the best example I can think of off the top of my head).

I remember seeing Robinson going for around 150k, Magic Shaq going for around 175k, and even Pippen going for around 180k, but it appears the price has basically doubled for every player.

Checking virtually every day for the past couple of weeks I've probably seen one or two mikan cards.

I've seen bird for a reachable amount but I think it might be the same guy who keeps posting iverson for 700k and obviously not selling him
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shinron15 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:11 am

I snagged a Mikan card for about 7k. He's not the highest overall center, but he's become almost extinct in the AH like the two Vince Carter cards. Not going to sell Reed yet, as prices are in the "I'm salty, please take this card as low as possible" state.

The PS4 AH is really messed up. Many players go for much more than they should, and as I mentioned, getting a great Center is nearly impossible now since their average price is now 300k, while on XB1, you can get Magic Shaq for around 165k.

Edit: I see Chamberlain going for nearly 500k in the AH. Compare that when I purchased him for a little over 200k the day after he came out.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:59 am

shinron15 wrote:Not going to sell Reed yet, as prices are in the "I'm salty, please take this card as low as possible" state.

I may have tried to flip him at a couple of different relatively low price points so far. :shifty:

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:15 am

If you still have Reed, keep him for now. Once it's a couple of days past the Knicks legends, you should be able to sell him for at least a guaranteed 7k or a bit higher if you're lucky.

The picture of me getting him for 1.5k alone shows how much people are hesitant in getting him.
shinron15

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 am

I think they've all but given up on this mode. Easter Promo's have always been a part of ultimate team modes. No new promo coming up on 2 months now.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby shinron15 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:15 am

The lack of new promos, lack of new masters, and unnecessary inflation of prices in the auction house are beginning to turn off my interest in LUT. It was great beforehand with the holiday promos, All-Star promos, and the AH had fair prices, but now everything has taken a complete nosedive.

It adds insult to injury how mobile Live is getting everything LUT should have, including new masters, the Easter promo, upgradable cards, etc.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:03 am

At least some new content is coming through. With NBA Live 16, that basically stopped halfway through March.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:09 am

Played the Pau Gasol Big Moments challenge, and ended up with trial LeBron. Just for fun, I put Reed in the lineup, and he did surprisingly well. He had 18 points, went 7/7 scoring, and nabbed 6 rebounds.

Just saw a video of someone pulling a trial Jokic from the challenge, but later opened a handles pack and got a 96 Iverson. I've seen people get some really great cards from the handles pack (I saw someone pull Bird iirc), but I'm scared to open one, because last time I only got Batum, Walker, and a third player I can't remember lol.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:10 pm

I feel like I probably wouldn't have great luck there, either. I think I used it all up on some of my Legends pulls.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Finally got a permanent Big Moments card via the Pau Gasol challenge!

Andrew
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 am

Saw a 2015 Derrick Rose in one of the live events. I wonder what they are doing with these throwback players ...
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shinron15 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:49 am

Potential Rose Master challenge down the road? He's a must-have for Bulls fans if that becomes a thing.

That Pau card looks great! He's got some attributes slightly weaker than Malone, but has a good three ball on him as well.
shinron15

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 am

Played the big moments game and it made my blood boil a little bit seeing names like Pierce and Rondo on a green background. Let's just say I took pleasure in beating them

I also took a look at my A team before that game and figured Dominique might be expendable. I actually started pippen with his new dunking ways and I also have Rick Barry and all star MVP LeBron off the bench. Should I sell him?
Penny is a crazy finisher as well. It was mentioned that his dunk package changed and he is still really good at finishing layups. He is fast enough to blow by guys for dunks and and 1s. Loved playing win him and he wound up leading my team in scoring off the bench

Seems like they still have a lot of plans for additional content but haven't released them yet with Dirk, vc, melo, LeBron, Rose but the seasons almost over. Maybe they are saving it for the offseason when there won't be team of the weeks and rookie ladder challenges to do

Would still love to see city and classic jerseys in the mode as well as these alternate courts I've been seeing. The jazz, raptors, kings all have alternate courts.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shinron15 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:34 am

Somehow, I managed to foul out Perkins while playing the challenge, which forced Irving and Hayward into the lineup.

As for Nique, it's your choice if you want to sell him. Personally, I run Nets Erving, LeBron, Barry, and occasionally Drexler and Simmons as my 3's. All can do the job I look for. I'm debating if I want to get Pippen again, especially since his dunk package has been corrected, but on the other hand, I'm also comparing the attributes with All-Star LeBron, and he looks like the better offensive player. Sure, Pippen has a 99 defense, but I don't think that really matters since James swats shots left and right, and he doesn't even have a 90 defense.

Mikan turned out to be a fun player to use! Like Mutombo, he's a valuable card to have despite having lower than average overalls for a center. Plays great defense, he's not too slow, and he's a pretty good dunker.

shinron15

Postby shinron15 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:36 am

Lakers legends part 2 tomorrow. Legends are Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson, and (yet another) Shaq.
shinron15

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:14 am

Glad I saved up coins for this. Lakers Shaq irl was better than magic shaq so this might be a chance to upgrade.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:10 am

I'll try my luck, and probably end up with West and Baylor. Not that they're terrible players, of course, but my nostalgia is partial to Magic and Shaq.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Something I also forgot to mention is that there are new Masters confirmed for this week! We were given no information or clues to who they were, but expect some new ones to drop either tomorrow, or Friday.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Currently a couple of Magic Shaqs are in the Auction House on PS4 for under 150,000 coins.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:02 am

Got Shaq.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:41 am

Tested my luck, and ended up with Mr. Clutch.

Since I pulled another Jerry, I sold the duplicate and got a Baylor card for 30k. With these two, I now have the early 70's Lakers trio.

shinron15

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:02 am

I pulled a Baylor card as well. I'll probably end up selling it if I can.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shinron15 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:10 am

I personally find Baylor fun to use. He's got a great post game, good rebounder, and an amazing midrange and finishing game. On top of that, he can be used as a Stretch Big if used properly.

Played the legends challenge, and got a trial Shaq. I wish I pulled Magic, but sadly that didn't happen. And sadly, he goes for 500k+, which basically makes it impossible to get him, unless you only use NBA Points to purchase the packs, and save all of your coins. On the positive side, I do have his Master card, and I usually use him as a pass-first player (which should be his true purpose).
shinron15

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:32 am

I think I'll hang on to Magic shaq as he is a little faster than Lakers shaq

That Baylor card is a solid all around card with no apparent weaknesses. This intrigues me lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shinron15 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:14 am

People on Twitter are having a meltdown over the Lakers Shaq card. Little do they know his speed is basically the only thing that got nerfed significantly. From what I've seen, he's a much better inside scorer than his Magic card.

West and Baylor are going for cheap (30k and 20k respectively), so if you want to pick those two up, now would be a good time to do so. Lakers Shaq is going for fairly cheap as well. I saw him going for around 75k.
shinron15

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am

Considering how he was dominating the league from 2000-2002, I guess a higher Overall would be more appropriate, but it's a minor cosmetic difference at the end of the day. Maybe NBA Live should have an Intangibles rating like NBA 2K, which can basically be used to fudge Overalls either way.

Andrew
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18