Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:35 am

The rich get richer I suppose
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:59 am

He's about on par with the magic shaq card. Will take a look at the others to see if it's worth gambling to sell wilt for a profit.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:03 am

Did you pull a Wilt too? Figures, I get hit with the worst luck this week. Thank god I sold Mullin for 30k ealier because he goes for nothing right now, same with Hardaway (sold him for 18k) Wilt's another player that's gonna be out of reach for me since PS4 AH prices are ridiculous.

Only good thing to happen to me was getting a Rick Barry card for 19k. Tbh, only Warrior legend worth using other than Wilt. Mullin's too slow for his position, and because of that, he gets contested too much, and Hardaway is worse than his Heat card in terms of shooting.

RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am

I was using Hoiberg, but I changed coaches a while back. I'm drawing a blank trying to remember who at the moment, but someone better than Hoiberg. :lol:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Nobody posts Hoiberg on the Auction because they want to prevent players from experiencing the horror that is Hoiberg's "coaching". But in all seriousness, I think the only differences between coaches is the plays that you run. Each coach seems to use the same logic with rotations (tested this with Lue and Poppovich), but the plays are different.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:59 pm

I put a bid in for dantoni so his plays might help set up more 3s. I've been running Rick Carlisle for a while now.

I might give it a shot on the warriors pack and see what I get on one before deciding on a second
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Just checked, and now I remember. I replaced Hoiberg with Steve Kerr a little while back. Maybe that's why I'm getting some better looks from three as of late.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:46 am

Decided against buying a warriors pack for fear of getting anything but wilt but got the free one and pulled a mullin. I've pretty much got all the legends I need, so not going to buy more packs unless there's a significantly better card that I need or a really valuable one i can flip for a big profit
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:44 am

If you want to take a gamble, you could consider picking up Barry from the AH. Dude's got a combination of McGrady's three ball, and Nique's posterizing. On top of that, he's the best free throw shooter in the game; such a slept on card.

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:59 am

I was looking at that last night. There was one auction going where he was at 10,000. So he dunks pretty frequently? Not trying to get into another pippen situation.

Please tell me he shoots underhand free throws lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:59 am

Yes to both :lol: I've gotten three point play dunks with him, and constantly finishing over defenders.

Wilt on the other hand, lacks the same free throw (even though he shot granny style from the line for a majority of the time with San Francisco)
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:21 am

That's annoying that Barry's a better dunker than Pippen.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:48 am

Penny Hardaway recently got his dunk package fixed after LOTS of complaints (I've heard that he's never been able to dunk in LUT history).

While Scottie can dunk, he only does about four different dunks, and all of them are prone to blocks on All-Star or higher, on top them of being rare. It rubs salt into the wound even further when Bulls Rodman not only dunks way better than he should, but he can perform Windmill dunks as well (realistically enough, his Pistons card only performs basic big man dunks)
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:06 am

Hmm I might pick up penny for cheap if he dunks now. I gambled on the packs and wound up getting Barry, which was what I was going for (or Wilt to sell). I pressed my luck on a second one to see if I could get wilt but got mullin instead. Going to test Barry right now

I just had to buy another home jersey to avoid everyone wearing gold again so I got lucky and an auction was ending for the Lakers white jerseys and I got it. Was pretty tough when everyone was wearing the same jersey lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:30 am

Wilt's prices have come down since yesterday (I've seen him going for the mid 200k-low 300k range), so it might make it easier for me to get him just to try him out.

You won't be disappointed with Barry. His underhand free throw alone is a must-have.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:34 am

shinron15 wrote:While Scottie can dunk, he only does about four different dunks, and all of them are prone to blocks on All-Star or higher, on top them of being rare. It rubs salt into the wound even further when Bulls Rodman not only dunks way better than he should, but he can perform Windmill dunks as well (realistically enough, his Pistons card only performs basic big man dunks)

Definitely. It's a shame his dunk package hasn't been fixed, but good to hear that Penny's has been.

[Q] wrote:I just had to buy another home jersey to avoid everyone wearing gold again so I got lucky and an auction was ending for the Lakers white jerseys and I got it.

I've been running with the All-Star jerseys. They're suitably generic, with the representation of the logo for everyone.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:34 am

OMG Barry is so much fun to play with. His handling is top notch and confirmed he dunks a lot. He got one and-one where he bodied the dude as he cocked it waaay back before dunking it. Plus the underhand free throw is hilarious.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:43 am

He's a keep for my lineup for sure. It's crazy seeing him being sold around the 15k-25k price range when Magic McGrady has similar stats, but goes for around 60k-90k. Dude's even comparable to Big Moments Harden, but arguably better being able to dunk, and having a superior free throw rating.

Imo, everyone looking for an athletic SF that's cheap should get a hold of Barry ASAP before his price goes up.
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Good to know that Penny can now dunk! I will give it a try later. I got Barry and Tim Hardaway in the legends. Never really been lucky on the packs. I got Mullin for cheap at the AH and he is serviceable especially if I want a three point line up.
matmat66

Postby matmat66 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Now, if only EA will make these legends available as part of the regular roster :lol: :lol:
matmat66

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 pm

matmat66 wrote:Good to know that Penny can now dunk! I will give it a try later. I got Barry and Tim Hardaway in the legends. Never really been lucky on the packs. I got Mullin for cheap at the AH and he is serviceable especially if I want a three point line up.

dang, you should have bought my Mullin off of me lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:35 am

So I picked up Wilt for 200k to test him out, and my god, he's as supernatural as they say he is. For starters, he's got everything that 94 Shaq has, plus a higher vertical, and inhuman stamina. I literally left Wilt in for the entire game without subbing him out, and he finished with 89 stamina left. Compare that to Shaq heading to the bench with about 84 stamina.

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:56 am

I hate playing the 70s team. They have been the toughest team to beat by far. Walton and Hayes block everything and they got all those shooters with Dr driving and dunking.

I got destroyed in my first try today for the harden master challenge but in the second they closed the gap with a cheap 3 from one of the white guys and forced OT. It was about to go to double OT but I didn't want to keep playing them and I hit a 3 with OG Anonuby for the win
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:59 am

Guess it only stands to reason with Wilt, given he averaged 48.5 minutes per game the same year he averaged 50.4 ppg and scored the 100 in a game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:55 am

Here's a question: when you guys are looking to flip cards in the Auction House, what length of time do you go with for the listing? Any particular one yield better results?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18