Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:32 am

Exactly; having one overall number lower doesn't automatically make him useless. It has gotten to the point where I managed to snag a Lakers Shaq for 45k. Most of the people only care for the overalls for each player rather than how they actually perform (unless players have unjustified attributes which somehow equal a higher than expected overall). On the positive side, this Shaq looks like he has his correct and unique free throw animation, whereas Magic Shaq just uses LeBron's free throw animation.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:35 am

It's always the same old story with Overall Ratings. People place way too much stock in them. It's very hard to get them "right", and there are always going to be players who will seem off by a point or maybe two either way, because of the way that overalls are calculated. As long as the individual ratings, tendencies, animations, and attributes are right, that's what's most important.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:47 am

I know I mentioned the defensive rating when comparing All-Star LeBron to Pippen, but a good example of defense being important in my opinion is for a smaller player who can't block dunks, and relies on lockdown defense, and John Stockton is one of the best examples I can find. His Master card is a 90 overall, while his Legend card is a 95 overall. Most of his attributes were just increased by one or two points, and his dribbling was increased by five. But the important part is that his defense attribute increased from an 84 to a 95. That includes stealing, on-ball defense, and defensive awareness. Stockton already has a solid offensive game, but with that huge defensive boost, and the hidden attributes to take into account, it becomes easier to understand why he has a 95 overall (I'm assuming he also has attributes such as 99 passing and court vision). But most people who post him in the auction house overlook that, as I see him going for around 30-40k, despite his high overall.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:38 pm

He's definitely pretty affordable considering his ratings. I have noticed a slight drop the past couple of days; I guess people haven't been getting their asking prices.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Lakers shaq post rating should be 99 because of the ease he had and his dominance down low.

I wanted to take a gamble, and I would've been okay with any of the 4 options this week. Was looking to keep Baylor if I got him. Wound up getting Magic on the first pull and Baylor on the second. Used Magic against himself in the challenge to test him out. I actually had a bit of trouble pulling away until the 3rd when I made substitutions.

I had to sub curry out for Payton since west was schooling him but then out curry in for magic when magic couldn't score or hit 3s. Was considering keeping magic but I might sell him because the way I play I just have no use for him.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Forgot to mention that the Richmond card I picked up the other day had over 30 contracts on it. Insane.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:51 am

VC, Dr J, Pippen, Bird, LeBron, Durant Masters.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:59 am

Are the requirements the same as the last one? 6 ladders, 6 players from that team

I have 2 more teams to beat for the harden master but I definitely want to work on the vc one first

Wonder if pippen will be better than the legends card or LeBron will be better than the all star MVP card
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:05 am

Shaq card is a bit underwhelming. Feels like he has the wrong dunk package, if nothing else.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 am

[Q] wrote:Are the requirements the same as the last one? 6 ladders, 6 players from that team

Much easier requirements this time around. 2 players from team, 2 players with the same playstyle, 2 legends.

VC is probably the best SF in the game.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:15 am

Hmm I was expecting a Raptors Vince Carter, so I got 6 raptors players for nothing lol
Nets version is probably a better scorer overall

I actually liked the tough restrictions as it made the game more challenging. It's a nice change-up from the mindless cakewalks we're used to. I had trouble with the klay challenges as my players weren't that great so it took a bit of time and strategy to figure out.

Do the legends cards count as play style cards? If not, I'll have to pick quite a few of them up.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:27 am

[Q] wrote:Do the legends cards count as play style cards? If not, I'll have to pick quite a few of them up.

Yes, the legend cards count for playstyle players. However, like previous master challenges, the master cards do not count as playstyle players. For example, in the Larry Bird and Kevin Durant Master challenges, Petrovic counts as a Wing Shooter, however, Master JR Smith does not.

Speaking of Larry Legend, here is his Master card.

I can confirm that this version of Bird is the one present on the 80's team, and it is not the same as his legend card. His cyberface has the mullet haircut, unlike his legend card.
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:46 am

I haven’t tried any of the Master challenges yet because of the hero card requirements. What is the difficulty for each of the game including the final one before you get the legend card? Thanks.
matmat66

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:44 am

The initial challenges required hero cards, but the ones released after are playable without heroes. They can be pretty tough as they are set to a harder difficulty and usually are against better teams
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:06 am

That Carter card looks OP indeed.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:16 am

Put my eggs in a Toronto basket so I'm screwed for the moment as I only have Jeremy Lin for nets players. Only 3 for auction for ridiculous amount of coins. Will have to wait for something cheaper.
Also stuck with big moments LeBron as my only cavs card lol
Should be okay for okay styles if legends count. Might need another wing defender if anyone has recommendations

I might have to just finish the harden one while I wait for my auctions to finish to get the cards I need
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:38 am

matmat66 wrote:I haven’t tried any of the Master challenges yet because of the hero card requirements. What is the difficulty for each of the game including the final one before you get the legend card? Thanks.

The Magic, Stockton, and Payton Master challenges are 10 games, with the first 5 being on pro, and the next 5 being on All-Star, however, you need the East and West heroes for them. Every other Master challenges are on Superstar difficulty, but you don't need the heroes unless it's the Iverson, Maravich, and West challenges.
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Thanks Q and shinron, will try the Vince Carter challenge when I return home. Hopefully only a few all star difficulty level games :D
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:05 am

Anybody know of any players who are Wing Defenders? Only two off the top of my head (excluding Pippen) that I know of are Kawhi and Danny Green. Leonard has always been expensive, and Green was going for 20k earlier, but I'm not paying 20k just for one player. I have everything else for the Pippen challenge, including the two Bulls players (ToTW Portis and Nwaba), but I need the Wing Defenders.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:50 am

I have a pippen for a wing defenderbut need a second one. Found Demarre Carroll, Kris Dunn and Justice Winslow for 20k as well and decided to bite the bullet for Carroll since I needed another nets player and they are going for the same price. Killed two birds with one stone

I had some extra coins to spend since I sold my magic Johnson card for 179k
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:13 pm

I've heard from multiple people that Master Pippen can rarely dunk, just like pre-patch Legend Pippen. Speaking of his Master, I found his stats here.

I would've been fine with these attributes if he could dunk constantly like his legend card, but since he can't, I'm skeptical if I want to go for his card.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Absolutely. It defeats the purpose of a great finishing rating if he can't dunk.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:58 am

2 games into the Carter challenge, and I have to say, these challenges are much easier when you have more freedom with who you are able to use on your team. Also, I think Lakers Shaq's dunk package was adjusted slightly. He seems to dunk more frequently in traffic (at least it's not like Magic Shaq, who's capable of windmill dunks).
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:12 am

Hi Shinron, what's the difficulty level of the games so far in the Vince Carter challenge? Thanks.
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:27 am

matmat66 wrote:Hi Shinron, what's the difficulty level of the games so far in the Vince Carter challenge? Thanks.

All games are on Superstar difficulty. You face the All-Time Mavericks, Spurs, Cavs, Heat, and Warriors. I recommend you use your best cards (that aren't trials), this way you don't get blown out. Also, you might want to adjust your coach settings if you get stuck on the teams. I personally use tight coverage, and crash boards.
RayRay_953

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18