Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby matmat66 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 am

Just would like to know if it is possible to shift to real shooting percentage (player + skill setting) in Live Ultimate Team instead of shot stick timing? I'm really having difficulty with the shot stick. Thanks.
matmat66

Postby [Q] on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 am

shinron15 wrote:I was able to sell Shaq for 190k when he first came out, because of Shaq's popularity as a player. From what I've seen, prices can vary to a player's popularity, or based mainly on three point ratings.

Best example I can find is McGrady on release vs Glen Rice on Thursday. When people looked at McGrady's ratings, they found out that he was a better offensive player than Rice (who at the time was considered the best offensive player), and I saw some Rice cards going for 80k, but since people started to drop the price for auctioning McGrady, Rice went back to being worth 200+k mainly because of his three point rating (same with Chuck Person being in the 150+k range).

Popularity is also in consideration, because before the Magic challange, even Shaq's Cavs card went for about 80+k, even though Cavs Kemp had superior stats.

of course popularity has a lot to do with it. you probably couldn't sell a Rony Seikaly for more than 5,000 coins lol
I think in the case of Person & Rice, it's more about rarity especially since they were in the earlier packs. the price on Ray Allen has come down a bit.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 am

All-Legends Team

RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:59 am

Very nice.

Quick question, are there any games where fatigue actually comes into play? I've yet to need to make a sub, and it seems that the CPU never subs, either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Fatigue matters in the League Heroes, Masters, and What-If Wednesday challenges. Almost all the others have 3 minute quarters, and substitutions are not necessary for those games. The CPU (as well as your coach) will never sub in games with 3 minute quarters.

tldr; fatigue only matters on games with 5 minute quarters.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Ah, good to know. Thanks. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Another thing I recommend is doing the What-If Wednesday challenges, or any challenge that offers a playstyle player. Not only are you guaranteed a silver playstyle player, then a gold playstyle player, but you can also potentially get a player eligible for their respective Franchise Hero challenge.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Awesome, will keep it in mind! As I said in this week's Monday Tip-Off, I'm definitely feeling enthusiastic about LUT again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Yeah, seems like any game that's not on pro or rookie difficulty will have subs. At the beginning I'd keep my good players in my inventory and waste the contracts of scrubs on the bench
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Definitely solid advice. I haven't bothered to do anything with my bench while I'm playing games without subs. Just fielding a starting five that can get the job done.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 am

While I was watching a video, I saw somebody complete one of the master challenges (Maravich iirc), and it spoils two legends not yet revealed

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:53 am

They just did a Lakers event and I felt they were a little lacking with their 80s Lakers players. This will probably be another Lakers event later I would imagine. This is obviously from the Jerry West master challenge
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 am

I hope the Lakers get another event; as their legends were kind of lacking (no offense to the legends featured, of course. I'm glad that this game understands to give Mikan glasses) Although judging from the screenshots, Wilt does not look like how he did when he joined the Lakers, so that might be a Warriors/Sixers version used in place.

Also if I'm assuming something to be added later on, it would be retro versions of current players. From the takedown games, I have seen Melo as a Nugget (along with a different portrait), LeBron with his facemask during his run with the Heat, and Vince Carter during his run with the Raptors (with a unique face and portrait)
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:09 pm

I think Vince as a Raptor is a huge possibility considering his throwback is in the game as are the other legends and if they do a Raptors legend challenge, he most certainly belongs in there, most likely with Tmac and another player. They already did a Heat one, so maybe they won't do Lebron. Or maybe it could be a different challenge altogether like a holiday or what if challenge
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:41 am

So pippen, rodman, kukoc.

Rodman better be a 99 in rebounding or else the ratings are a joke

Pippen will probably be a pretty well rounded player
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am

Rebounding is certainly a difficult rating to get right for these legends it seems. Even if Rodman would get a 99 in rebounding, then by that logic, Elgin Baylor, Bob Pettit, Wes Unseld, and Wilt Chamberlain should've also had a 99 in rebounding since they're all ranked above Rodman in career rebounding (no offense to Rodman, of course). But then again, they probably do this for balancing purposes.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/le ... areer.html
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 am

Yeah it's just my opinion. For the most part, the ratings have been pretty good. Occasionally, there's one that's abnormally high, but then again all of the legends have been a bit overrated

But you can see in guys like Steve Nash they balanced out his offensive stats with some really poor defense. I could see rodmans shooting ratings in the 50s
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 am

Same could be said about 2K overrating their legends (Jamal Crawford in 2K16 with a 96 overall)

I wanted to get Nash originally, but once I found out that John Starks has a 93 3pt rating, 89 defensive rating, and being cheaper to get, it was obvious which was the better deal.

The challenge for me is somehow getting to open two packs with less and less Hero challenges to complete.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:38 am

Alright, finally a chance to get Pippen. Going to have to do my best.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Picked up a short term Shaq card by completing the Magic Legends challenge, but I was too late to buy one of the packs for a permanent card. I'd have needed to shell out real money for it so I don't have enough coins yet, but I'm open to that. Hey, if I can spend some real money to upgrade my MyPLAYER, only to be disappointed by the MyCAREER and 2K Pro-Am experience, I'm open to spending some extra money on NBA Live 18 to catch up a little, and get something good in a mode I'm enjoying a lot more so far. I might do that for the Bulls Legends packs.

I've gone back and am currently finishing up the Training Camp challenges I haven't already done. I've moved my short term cards back to my inventory, as they're running out of games, and I'd like to save them for tougher challenges. Taj Gibson has been a star for me, and J.R. Smith is filling in for pre-order James Harden quite nicely. As I mentioned before, Cole Aldrich is capable of being a beast in the easier challenges, too. I've been exhausting the single game challenges first, and now am at the point where I'll have to play at least a couple of games to get a new pack.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:29 am

Not a bad second pack
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 am

I figured all of his stats would be pretty high. Comparing him to my nique card, I'd still prefer Wilkins. Although the 99 defense might come in handy. I made about 15000 profit on my 2ND tmac so I should have enough time to earn enough for a 2ND legends pack this week. Seeing how cheap the tmacs were last week I might check out the AH for Pippen as well

For some reason I kinda want a rodman card
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 am

Awesome. Here's hoping I have similar luck.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:29 am

RayRay_953

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18