WNBA Officially Included in NBA Live 18 | Trailer Released

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

WNBA Officially Included in NBA Live 18 | Trailer Released

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:07 am

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ign=buffer

EA Sports took the same approach to adding the WNBA as they do with every professional league, motion capturing players like 2017 first overall pick Kelsey Plum of the San Antonio Stars and adding facial scans for high profile players like Maya Moore, Sylvia Fowles, Diana Taurasi, and others. EA says the “teams and player skills have been specifically balanced to reflect the unique playstyle of the league.”

phpBB [video]
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Re: WNBA Officially Included in NBA Live 18 | Trailer Released

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:10 am

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:29 am

Sounds like it'll be like the women's teams in Fifa just like I thought
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:36 am

I'm going to be honest here, I feel like this will be ignored just like FIFA's counterpart. It's a shame but unless there is some gamemode to interest people to play other than just regular "play now" games, not a lot of people will play this. Still cool nonetheless for the WNBA to finally get their first representation in a video game.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Arcane on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:01 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:I'm going to be honest here, I feel like this will be ignored just like FIFA's counterpart. It's a shame but unless there is some gamemode to interest people to play other than just regular "play now" games, not a lot of people will play this. Still cool nonetheless for the WNBA to finally get their first representation in a video game.

Maybe but I think that female players are getting consistent at dunking might help break that stigma and I'll use this Futurama reference

phpBB [video]
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:02 am

A dedicated mode is something that should be explored in future years - even if it's just a single season or bare bones franchise mode - but it's great to see EA adding some extra content to NBA Live.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:53 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:I'm going to be honest here, I feel like this will be ignored just like FIFA's counterpart. It's a shame but unless there is some gamemode to interest people to play other than just regular "play now" games, not a lot of people will play this. Still cool nonetheless for the WNBA to finally get their first representation in a video game.

Totally agree. I am actually really glad WNBA is included because the league starts growing up on me whenever I watch a bunch of games, but if I think it through, I was very excited about the FIFA Women teams too. I've never played one single game of Women football in two years they've been introduced though, just played one single game when the Demo dropped but that doesn't count. The target group that enjoys this feature is usually very, very small. Reading different subforums, the only people that play with women teams in FIFA are actual woman athletes ( that's like less than 1 % of the community), perverts that like to see tits physics and people that play a casual game when they get tired of the basic roster, usually during the summer. I believe this will be the case for NBA Live. Not to mention that FIFA introduced women teams when the Women FIFA World Cup was happening and the hype was out of the roof. Bad results nevertheless.

But again, having a feature is better than having nothing if other things weren't ignored to get this done.
I Hate Mondays

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:11 am

I dunno, I am actually a fan of women's soccer because the US team is actually good. I didn't get FIFA but I'm sure I would've played with them a hell of a lot more than the men's US team especially if they were allowed in other modes

Not sure about WNBA though. I might try it a few times or do it when I get bored. Or for tit physics LOL
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Wolfy03 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:28 am

Very cool addition, but I don't know, have some mixed feelings about this.
Wolfy03

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:48 am

A bit intrigued about the online aspect of this. So they can be used online head-to-head, but I doubt against opponents using NBA teams. It would be cool to beat someone who's playing as the Warriors with the worst WNBA team, but I would imagine they are going to be segregated.
[Hyperize]

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:50 am

cavs4872 wrote:A bit intrigued about the online aspect of this. So they can be used online head-to-head, but I doubt against opponents using NBA teams. It would be cool to beat someone who's playing as the Warriors with the worst WNBA team, but I would imagine they are going to be segregated.

Well the women's international teams are segregated in the FIFA's counterpart, so I would assume it's going to be the same in Live.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby mp3 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:58 am

I think it will be a hit with the lady ballers out there, I spoke last year to a few of them at a tournament our team was at and some of them played 2k mycareer but are forced to create themselves as men in the game.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jackal on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 am

Who asked for this? Why not focus on the core game more? They can't really say they've done all they can with the NBA game.
Jackal

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:50 am

I'm definitely giving this some life on my channel. Might do this on Superstar because it'll be challenging, maybe less cheat lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:51 am

Jackal wrote:Who asked for this? Why not focus on the core game more? They can't really say they've done all they can with the NBA game.

I doubt it's taken any time away from that, any more than adding historical and Euroleague teams in NBA 2K.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:21 pm

This is the league where the crowd is nothing but the player's families? lol
StyxTx

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:31 pm

I can't understand why any real fan of basketball would complain about this. I wish this was on PC actually.

When I created the WNBA mod for 2K13 I played as Candace Parker in the legend mode and it was pretty fun.

If you don't want to try it, there is no need to bash it just because its women.

This isn't directed at any one here just my thoughts after seeing some reddit and youtube comments
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Considering that gamers have asked about the possibility of a WNBA game in the past, it makes sense to have something of a soft launch in an established NBA title, and expand upon that content later. In the future, perhaps Live could even incorporate the NBA, WNBA, and G-League. Nothing wrong with extra modes and content, especially when it's not going to interfere with other areas of importance.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby big-shot-ROB on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:40 pm

I think this is a really cool addition. Integration with modes should be a must if they are really viewing this as a selling trigger. The misogyny in Reddit and Youtube comments was through the roof, although I did not expect less.

Just like the Euroleague games, this is a fast and non-disruptive addition to see what the market's feedback is about this concept, which will allow them to understand how much worth a game itself around this concept would be, or how the integration of this concept in an actual NBA game should be.

I'd say though, and I'm probably biased by the culture here in my small country, woman's basketball is largely more spread than feminine soccer/football, which could lead into more acceptance as well as a better result.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:06 am

Andrew wrote:
Jackal wrote:Who asked for this? Why not focus on the core game more? They can't really say they've done all they can with the NBA game.

I doubt it's taken any time away from that, any more than adding historical and Euroleague teams in NBA 2K.

It's funny cause they did focus on the core game. If they didn't improve upon Live 16 and just added the WNBA, I would understand folks being upset, but it's not the case. They even scaled the ratings to reflect the authenticity of women's basketball. Fans want more, then when they add more, there's still people out there complaining.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Jackal on Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:41 am

Hardly complaining, was more wondering who would want to play it/why it was added.

Apparently there is a market out there for it since most comments here like the addition. I stand corrected. Not something I'd play but good on them for adding it.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:09 am

Would be cool if they had legends like Leslie, Lobo, Cooper, Swoopes, Staley, Hammon, etc

Does this mean you can create female players for street ball? I don't think you can do The One mode for them since you bounce between street and the NBA. But then again, they have all WNBA teams, so I guess it could work. They just have you go to the WNBA instead of the NBA. Would be cool to have coed street games, at least for fun of not part of a game mode
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:52 am

It's just the WNBA teams and Play Now/Head-to-Head online for now, but sounds like it'll be expanded in the future; kind of like how FIBA teams were first implemented.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Excellent addition for NBA Live 18 and it's a great way for it to set it apart from 2K. I hope in the future that they end up creating a WNBA franchise mode of some kind. It's a new challenge that would definitely keep me interested in Live.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:44 am

Adding the wnba has definitely got the basketball world talking about nba live 18, even if it is a hook or a gimmick the EA PR group for nba live is doing its job.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Next

Return to NBA Live 18