WNBA Officially Included in NBA Live 18 | Trailer Released

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: WNBA Officially Included in NBA Live 18 | Trailer Released

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:04 am

Yeah, I noticed NBA Live 18 was trending on Twitter shortly after the announcement.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Can't wait for Anita Sarkeesian to review Live 18.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Regarding someone mentioning co-ed play. Back when March Madness had the women's teams, it was easier for them to swap out the models/animations than juggle two distinct sets of them. As should be obvious to most of us here just watching a game, most women, even the professionals, have different shooting forms than men generally*. Their center of gravity and mass locations are different too. Collision would be a big issue.

I have no idea if this would be worse or easier with today's tech but that was what I was told about the games back then.

*It's both physical and how they're taught for whatever reason. More locked extended arms, high up on the chest, kinda wrist flinging. Maya Moore and Diana Taurasi are two who have normal NBA style shots with using arms and a follow through, etc. You see the same thing in the some of the legacies (NBA daughters) who probably got taught by their dad rather than a coach.

One thing I've always thought funny is how players like Elena Delle Donne or Candace Parker or even Maya Moore are talked about because they play forward or even center in womens basketball. But they actually have appropriate skill sets for their 6-5/6-4/6-1 heights. The problem is that unlike men's European basketball, women's American basketball generally teaches "bigs" to play like "bigs" in our old men's game in terms of "get down there and rebound" rather than ballhandling or shooting or passing which they're at more ideal heights physically to copy men of the same height in doing.

The second wave of dominant WNBA bigs added the three point shot like Lauren Jackson, now they've transitioned into being able to do more of that you'd expect from a dude that size.

It's improved the game much like it did for the NBA. Problem for the WNBA is nobody gives a shit, they get paid more to play for factory workers in Siberia.
benji

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXbDFTyKAko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XIowEFKfc

The WNBA mode looks and feels better than I expected it. I got to play with a friend who has EA Access, and it is better than the men mode. You need some practice to adapt to their style of play, because you can certainly not do what NBA players can. But animations look better, specially jumpshots, which feel 10 times more responsive on the sticks. I would certainly give a shot to Live just because of this.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:08 am

Lol that would be hilarious if the women's game which was an afterthought turns out to be better than the regular game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to NBA Live 18