D43 Video Tutorials - Portraits - How to make and insert

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K17.

Re: D43 Video Tutorials - Portraits - How to make and insert

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 am

menten wrote:
menten wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Also, in the newest Limnono modifier release from Oct 8th, you can make a player keep a portrait on his home team.

but how exactly do i do this? there is a "team player pictures" option in the modifier tool but i dont know what to do with that

no one knows this?

I could do a tutorial on how to do this, but it's just easier to do the process of using the plugin edit so all players just keep portraits at all times. If you need to see step by step how to do that, please view the first post on both my all time teams roster and UFDR threads in the releases and previews section.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby CT4 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:17 am

HMMMM...I have a problem. I do everything just like you said but the portrait doesnt show up?! Help
Celtics and Kristaps Porzingis fan from Latvia.
Not much else to know really.
CT4

Postby ironknight on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi sir, is it possible to add a portrait to a created player? Thanks!
2K is love, 2K is life

Facebook Page: 2K Mods by Iron Knight

ironknight

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 am

ryne106 wrote:Hi sir, is it possible to add a portrait to a created player? Thanks!

Yes, place the created player on a team and you can give them a portrait. If you have the always keeps portraits option set with the plugin, he will have that portrait on any team you put him on.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:52 am

CelticsPorzingod wrote:HMMMM...I have a problem. I do everything just like you said but the portrait doesnt show up?! Help

Hey,

Not sure why its not working for you. If you did it exactly like I did, it will absolutely show up.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby pjt8413 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Hey Dee,

I'm just curious, after searching on Google for updated portraits, a lot of the images that pop up are not great quality once you resize them to 1024x1024. What do you recommend doing to portraits in paint.net to achieve the best quality in game?
For example, I save a png that is 400x384 and resize to 1024x1024 but the resolution is distorted or the image is stretched? Would you recommend a site to get the most recent images of players which would look clear in game without having to edit a watermark like Getty images?
pjt8413

Postby menten on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:47 pm

pjt8413 wrote:Hey Dee,

I'm just curious, after searching on Google for updated portraits, a lot of the images that pop up are not great quality once you resize them to 1024x1024. What do you recommend doing to portraits in paint.net to achieve the best quality in game?
For example, I save a png that is 400x384 and resize to 1024x1024 but the resolution is distorted or the image is stretched? Would you recommend a site to get the most recent images of players which would look clear in game without having to edit a watermark like Getty images?

look on the official site of nba teams. i.e. mavs.com -> photos. mostly good quality pics there
menten

Postby Deadpool3573 on Wed May 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Great tutorial. I've been adding some team logos. Most of them work, but everytime I try to import an image over a generic floor logo (I. E. The logos that show the team name on the floor while creating a stadium instead of saying, moda center or staples center) it immediately reverts back to the original image. I can open the file I saved into 'moddimg' with explorer. It shows the image I want. When I load the same file with editor, through the generated list, it always reverted back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Deadpool3573

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 04, 2017 12:49 am

Deadpool3573 wrote:Great tutorial. I've been adding some team logos. Most of them work, but everytime I try to import an image over a generic floor logo (I. E. The logos that show the team name on the floor while creating a stadium instead of saying, moda center or staples center) it immediately reverts back to the original image. I can open the file I saved into 'moddimg' with explorer. It shows the image I want. When I load the same file with editor, through the generated list, it always reverted back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

That's a great question, I have no clue how that works. Maybe reach out to some of the court/stadium modders like Lagoa, Manni, etc.

I didn't get into modding stadiums this year.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Deadpool3573 on Thu May 04, 2017 1:44 am

Thanks for the quick response. Turn out, I wasn't in the right file. To anyone reading this, the floor logo files are in "2y" I. E. Logo_arena_name_000....
Deadpool3573

Postby basket2601 on Sat May 06, 2017 7:48 am

Please show how to insert a portrait on the example Caris LeVert.dds , dejandremurray.dds
basket2601

Postby hannsg on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:17 am

I'm new to this but I followed your tutorial and before actually changing a portrait with the File Explorer I decided to just look up the *a1.iff file for what I assume is one of the European players chr_r4041.iff and to try change the face of someone on a locally saved roster that I had downloaded, though I also tried this with the official roster. In Limono I double clicked the player whose portrait I wanted to swap as a test and changed their portrait ID from 2662 to 4041 and clicked on refresh roster in Limono, but after several attempts and cycling through teams the portrait never changed. What might I being doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
hannsg

Postby Robinhudloom1226 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:15 am

Thanks great help, I am using a custom portrait for some players but they do not show. I tried everything it does not work, especially if the archive is in OG
Robinhudloom1226

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17 Tutorials & FAQs