2K18 to 2K17 Cyberface Conversions - Pack 2 and 3 RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 2K18 to 2K17 Cyberface Conversions - Pack 2 and 3 RELEASED

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:15 pm

More great results!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:07 am

Thanks!

I'll be doing another pack eventually, but those are all the main ones I wanted to get done.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:14 am

NOTE: Because the idea of "credit" was brought up in another thread.

I do not give permission to Laroche23 to use any of these conversions for his 95-96 roster that's a WIP. That roster is still up on IronKnights BlogSpot, with active links, and no credit given for using my roster as a base. Whether that's Laroches fault or not, I do not give permission for the work in this thread to be used in that project.

If others want to create single season mods/mods in general and want to use these with proper credit (To myself and the original cyberface creators) by all means go for it! I wish I had completed a single season roster for this game, maybe if 2K19 is poor and Live doesn't come to PC, I may entertain the idea.

Thank you,
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:30 am

I want to throw something out there in regards to NLSC user Laroche (And I am hoping this is not a premature statement).

He has reached out to me numerous times via PM apologizing, and seems very sincere. He is also not in control of IronKnights website at the moment, and also has congratulated me on the conversions in this thread. He did make a request (Vin Baker and Danny Manning), who were already on my radar and saved to my folders to work on. Those two, as well as another 8 others will be released at some point in a cyberface conversion pack 4. That will give us roughly 40 2K18 to 2K17 conversions.

I'm mentioning this in here, because I was a little rough on Laroche in the past. He deserves credit for owning up to that situation. However, he is aware that I am not okay at the moment with him using my work in his rosters (If he continues). Biggest reason being, I am not sure of IronKnights role, and IronKnights BlogSpot is still up with no credit.

So publically, thank you to Laroche for rebounding from the situation, and apologies to him for being a little rough on him in his thread.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 am

@ Andrew would u mind shuttin down our thread , so people cant have access to the files..unfortunately i can´t reach Ironknight it´s been months .......................Thanks

@Dee4three thanks for the kind words
laroche23

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 am

Sure, can do.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:24 am

laroche23 wrote:@ Andrew would u mind shuttin down our thread , so people cant have access to the files..unfortunately i can´t reach Ironknight it´s been months .......................Thanks

Of course.

I may have overreacted a bit. I'll get the Danny Manning and Vin Baker out there soon, busy week.

I can own up to my own mistakes/flaws, I need to control myself sometimes and think before I lash out. I stand by my opinions on the credit aspect, but I could have handled that a bit better. So for that, I am sorry.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:08 am

laroche23 wrote:@ Andrew would u mind shuttin down our thread , so people cant have access to the files..unfortunately i can´t reach Ironknight it´s been months .......................Thanks

I have given this a lot of thought.... let me know what you decide.

I've never been one to hold somebody hostage, or a situation hostage.. I'm also a believer that people can change. Laroche23, you have apologized to me quite a few times since that incident, and I find your apologies to be sincere. In my case, I hope you accept mine as well.

With that being said, I will support your continued work and release of the 95-96 mod for 2K17. Under one condition: All work is credited properly: Including my work, PeacemanNOT's work, or any other work that was put into the roster. My credits on my Ultimate Classic Teams Roster thread is something you can use for a reference when doing your own credits. So yes, I am allowing you to release the roster with my work in it. Another rule, and this one is very important: The new links/release is to not be listed on IronKnights blogspot, as that is the space where no credit was given. If you release, it's exclusively on here, or on another site of your own creating (with proper credits given). I believe IronKnight put work into the roster as well, so proper credit should be given to him for his contributions.

So yes, you can also use my conversions. They will help you quite a bit with filling in teams. I have not asked PeacemanNOT if you can use his jersey work, but I believe he will be 100% okay with it given the circumstances and proper credit. Him, myself, and anybody who values this community or modding in general knows that the choice I am making is a healthy one. I think that having a single season roster out there would be awesome for the community, even if it is for a past 2K like 2K17.

If you do not wish to continue the 95-96 mod, that is your choice. I am just giving you the go ahead to move forward with work from my roster if you want to. The people who helped me on that roster are very strong community members who understand the values of the NLSC well, as long as proper credit is given, I am positive they will be happy with a single season roster being released.

If you need help with the credits section (If you decide to move forward) reach out to me. Also, don't forget to give yourself the proper credit for the work you did on the roster. If the rosters work was mostly done by IronKnight, you MAY want to hold off on a release before talking to him. However, if it was 50-50 or you did the majority of the work (Outside of using my work and peacemanots, etc), you could probably just move forward.

If anybody has objections to this, please let me know. Otherwise, good luck.

NOTE: I think it's still a good idea that Andrew shuts down the other thread, and a new one is created. That will give you a fresh start.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:28 am

@ Dee4three thanks a lot, once Ironknight is back, i will talk to him, so he can add the proper credits...

@Andrew i am all for shutting it down, i will make a clean Thread one once the time comes....
laroche23

Postby laroche23 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 pm

@Dee4three just a question/ still workin on those Cyberface conversions updates ? thanks ....................
laroche23

Postby thelegend23 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:56 am

Can you also convert Penny Hardaway of Awei1121?
thelegend23

Postby Gerix on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:23 am

Is there some kind of tutorial for converting CFs ?
:roll:
Gerix

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Gerix wrote:Is there some kind of tutorial for converting CFs ?

There is one for 2K18 but not one for 2K17 yet. Although the processes are not the exact same, they have quite a few similarities - especially the portion of the work that is in blender.
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:44 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:

There is one for 2K18 but not one for 2K17 yet. Although the processes are not the exact same, they have quite a few similarities - especially the portion of the work that is in blender.

Hi Trevor,

I planned on making a video and still do. And, I'm so sorry I havn't responded to you about 2K17 recently, my mind is going 100mph all the time is seems.

Thank you for your help!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:46 am

Dee4Three wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

Hi Trevor,

I planned on making a video and still do. And, I'm so sorry I havn't responded to you about 2K17 recently, my mind is going 100mph all the time is seems.

Thank you for your help!

Ok sweet that would be a big help to those still playing 2K17 and have had questions.

It's all good it's a busy time of the year with Live and 2K releasing games combined with other stuff outside of modding, so I understand.
trevorjpt33

Postby aaronguico2 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Are you still continuing this project?

Also i have tried to convert KD's face (credits to litdrcat) but i dont know what to do next.
I still have to fix the eyes and jersey and accesory clipping. Any tips on how can i fix this?

aaronguico2

Postby laroche23 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:14 am

@D43 do u have a tutorial how to convert the faces ?(2k20 has some faces that I could use for my roster )

Thanks
laroche23

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding