NBA 1996 by Laroche23 and Iron Knight RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA 1996 by Laroche23 and Iron Knight RELEASED

Postby laroche23 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:29 am

Dee4Three wrote:Laroche/Ironknight, do you know how to change the ages using Limnono Modifier? It's super easy. All the ages are correct on my rosters, it doesn't really take much time at all to change them.

Let me know if you need guidance, and great job

Yeah maybe I did something wrong but Everytime I tried to change the age ..they ended either being super old ..or ended up being very young aged ..maybe I need some guidance..
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:35 am

When you highlight the player in the modifier, just subtract or add from the years to achieve the proper age. For example:

If it says the player is 33, and you want him to be 25, and it says under birth year 1975, you need to make his birth year 1983 (add 8 years, to make him younger), that's it.

So if the player is shown as age 23, and you want him to be 29, and the birthday says 1971, you will want to take away 6 years (changing the birth year to 1965), the player will now be 29 years old.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:52 am

Dee4Three wrote:When you highlight the player in the modifier, just subtract or add from the years to achieve the proper age. For example:

If it says the player is 33, and you want him to be 25, and it says under birth year 1975, you need to make his birth year 1983 (add 8 years, to make him younger), that's it.

So if the player is shown as age 23, and you want him to be 29, and the birthday says 1971, you will want to take away 6 years (changing the birth year to 1965), the player will now be 29 years old.

Thanks i will try that ...............
laroche23

Postby laroche23 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:54 am

might it be blocked because of copyrighted material ?how do i remove this ..dont want any trouble
Last edited by laroche23 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
laroche23

Postby mrpalo on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 am

laroche23 wrote:

i have some experiences with that...i can do it today

edit: I already started
mrpalo

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:42 am

I'm affraid that your google account will be proabably block by Google & co :roll:
So, be sure that you dont share theses files with your own personnal account.
Last edited by sticky-fingers on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-fingers

Postby avetru on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:04 am

mrpalo wrote:
laroche23 wrote:

How long does this take, I could help work on it when I'm off work tonight, or would you already be done by then? I know how to do it I've just never done it for a whole roster so I don't know how long it would take for that many players
avetru

Postby mrpalo on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:25 am

avetru wrote:
mrpalo wrote:
laroche23 wrote:

How long does this take, I could help work on it when I'm off work tonight, or would you already be done by then? I know how to do it I've just never done it for a whole roster so I don't know how long it would take for that many players

2 hours
mrpalo

Postby avetru on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 am

mrpalo wrote:
avetru wrote:
mrpalo wrote:
laroche23 wrote:

2 hours

Oh nevermind then, sorry I'm not off for another 8 hours
avetru

Postby mrpalo on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 am

Done

every player now have correct age
every team now have more accurate rotation to season 95/96
New Orleans Pelicans players deleted (no name players, everybody 40 ovrl)
more accurate starting line-ups (Magic on the bench, etc...)

Free Agents:
Dominique Wilkins injured for one year, cause he didn´t play in 95/96 but play in 96/97
Ben Wallace injured for one year because his first season is 96/97 (but he was never drafted)

roster name: 96season 2.0
author: mr_palo

What need to do: (i will start tomorrow)
Free Agents - correct age, deleted FA´s doubled in future drafts
Draft Classes - correct age

In future:
I would like to tweaks attributes (maybe only for myself)

Good night from Europe
mrpalo

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 am

When I download those specific courts from 2K Share, is there a way I can keep said downloaded courts into an actual roster file, or will they only show up in the MyLeague file?
RayRay_953

Postby avetru on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Could someone help me out with a problem I had. So after Installed all the finals and downloaded the roster I still had some teams that had long shorts and the mavs had no logo, but other than that everything seemed fine I played a game with the magic vs the bulls and it worked no problem. So I thought maybe the reason stuff didn't show up was because I installed the files before downloading the roster. So I exited out of the game and re-installed the files. Then when I went back in the game it crashed at the Jordan loading screen while it was connecting to 2k server. I opened it again and canceled the attempt to connect and it said my save description and roster description files were all corrupted then I just tried to download the roster again and it crashed after I downloaded it. So I checked my steam game folder and my local and remote folders are gone. So I'm currently re-installing the game which isnt a huge deal (I should be studying anyway) but can someone maybe explain to me what went wrong so I can avoid this once game is re-installed.

Thank you
avetru

Postby laroche23 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 pm

mrpalo wrote:Done

every player now have correct age
every team now have more accurate rotation to season 95/96
New Orleans Pelicans players deleted (no name players, everybody 40 ovrl)
more accurate starting line-ups (Magic on the bench, etc...)

Free Agents:
Dominique Wilkins injured for one year, cause he didn´t play in 95/96 but play in 96/97
Ben Wallace injured for one year because his first season is 96/97 (but he was never drafted)

roster name: 96season 2.0
author: mr_palo

What need to do: (i will start tomorrow)
Free Agents - correct age, deleted FA´s doubled in future drafts
Draft Classes - correct age

In future:
I would like to tweaks attributes (maybe only for myself)

Good night from Europe

So u basically used my roster as a base without my permission.u know it's not allowed in this forum ?u re now naming urself as the Autor where u basically just made some edits after we spend months on this?????wtf

I am asking u politely to stop it and remove the roster ..u can not just use work from other people and name of after urself ''this is just wrong .....did u c the credits we put at the start of the thread ..this is stolen work U're using without permission...may people works in his for months..after 8 hours of editing u re now the Autor ??are u kidding me??

I am extremely vpissed at u ...this is so disrespectful...
laroche23

Postby mrpalo on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:37 pm

laroche23 wrote:
So u basically used my roster as a base without my permission.u know it's not allowed in this forum ?u re now naming urself as the Autor where u basically just made some edits after we spend months on this?????wtf

I am asking u politely to stop it and remove the roster ..u can not just use work from other people and name of after urself ''this is just wrong .....did u c the credits we put at the start of the thread ..this is stolen work U're using without permission...may people works in his for months..after 8 hours of editing u re now the Autor ??are u kidding me??

I am extremely vpissed at u ...this is so disrespectful...

oh my jesus :-D

i don´t care about who is author of what...this is not commercial project...my goal was help people to play asap

stolen work? you must kidding man :-D
mrpalo

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Wrong answer.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby laroche23 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Andrew wrote:Wrong answer.

@andrew u re the administrator,I think it cleary deserves a ban ...

@mr Paolo I don't know u ,u don't know me I don't know ur sense of logic ..but thsibforum is based on trust and share ..and one of the man rule is if u use work from someone else u have to ask permission first ..everybody does it ..everybody since this forum exist ..u re coming out of nowhere and use someone else work (yes it is work )because we spent hours on this ..

U stole it ..I am not kidding ..because ure calling urself the author of this ''what the fuck did u excztly did ?????edited some ages ???now it's yours ...I am asking once again to stop it using it without permission ..
laroche23

Postby Leanback on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:46 pm

@Laroche23 is right ..this is a no go
@andrew would u mind banning him ? it clearly goes against the rules

@Mrpalo u ´re a fucking thief ..this is not cool at all, if u dont care ,fine for u , we care and respect each other , if u want to help people, do it WITH UR OWN STUFFS, mf thief , u should be ashamed , i will keep blaming u until u apologize , and recognize laroche23 & Ironknight as the true autors .....SHAME ON U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don´t care about who is author of what...this is not commercial project..(maybe they are planing on doin it ..how do u know it ? )

my goal was help people to play asap (how about u use ur own stuffs?) g FUCK UR SELF THIEF !

stolen work? YES you did sob
Leanback

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Already taken care of. That's what I was alluding to when I remarked that his response was the wrong answer.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:55 pm

mrpalo wrote:stolen work? you must kidding man :-D

Laroche23 and Iron Knight spent months on this project. You can't edit part of their work (roster) without their permission, and release it as the "author".
Theses kinds of manner discourage modders.

About the mod, first impressions : really impressed by the overall art quality (faces/courts/logos) while the game seems very easy against CPU.
I checked with D43 classic teams, and the game was more challenging.
sticky-fingers

Postby denisdotcom on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:02 pm

i am not sure, maybe i am wrong

but i think i saw the post when mr.palo was apologizing and promising delete and send all files to authors

looks like someone deleted it...is he banned?
denisdotcom

Postby laroche23 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:
mrpalo wrote:stolen work? you must kidding man :-D

Laroche23 and Iron Knight spent months on this project. You can't edit part of their work (roster) without their permission, and release it as the "author".
Theses kinds of manner discourage modders.

About the mod, first impressions : really impressed by the overall art quality (faces/courts/logos) while the game seems very easy against CPU.
I checked with D43 classic teams, and the game was more challenging.

Thanks KS for the comments ..we really appreciate..u need to use the right sliders in order to have a very good experience..those are uploaded on 2kshare under my gamertag ..
laroche23

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:51 pm

denisdotcom wrote:i am not sure, maybe i am wrong

but i think i saw the post when mr.palo was apologizing and promising delete and send all files to authors

looks like someone deleted it...is he banned?

Not really subtle, when that's your very first post. Please take the hint. You're not getting back in everyone's good graces doing this.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby avetru on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 am

Sorry to hear how everything happened, I was under the impression that once the ages were fixed the file would be sent back to one of you two to be released under your own user name, I'm sorry It didn't happen that way. With that being said I wonder if someone could help me with my issues.
After Installed all the files and downloaded the roster I still had some teams that had long shorts and the mavs had no logo, but other than that everything seemed fine I played half a game of suns vs. Pacers and a game (in playoff mode) with the magic vs the bulls and it worked no problem. So I thought maybe the reason stuff didn't show up was because I installed the files before downloading and installing the roster. So I exited out of the game and re-installed the files. Then when I went back in the game it crashed at the Jordan loading screen while it was connecting to 2k server. I opened it again and canceled the attempt to connect and it said my save description and roster description files were all corrupted then I just tried to download the roster again and it crashed after I downloaded it. So I checked my steam game folder and my local and remote folders are gone. So I'm currently re-installing the game which isnt a huge deal (I should be studying anyway) but can someone maybe explain to me what went wrong so I can avoid this once game is re-installed.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I used the offline roster file because I couldn't find your 2kshare roster file after many searches of your online Id and the content name.

Ps. In the two games I played the roster felt great. I don't really play alot of 2k anymore, but in the games I played it was the most enjoyment I got out of 2k since the UBR. This might just have been me getting lucky, but I noticed the stars played like stars and the role players played like role players and that was great. I've always hated when a rotation guy on the bench is the one giving you problems as opposed to the opposing team's star player
avetru

Postby laroche23 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:32 am

avetru wrote:Sorry to hear how everything happened, I was under the impression that once the ages were fixed the file would be sent back to one of you two to be released under your own user name, I'm sorry It didn't happen that way. With that being said I wonder if someone could help me with my issues.
After Installed all the files and downloaded the roster I still had some teams that had long shorts and the mavs had no logo, but other than that everything seemed fine I played half a game of suns vs. Pacers and a game (in playoff mode) with the magic vs the bulls and it worked no problem. So I thought maybe the reason stuff didn't show up was because I installed the files before downloading and installing the roster. So I exited out of the game and re-installed the files. Then when I went back in the game it crashed at the Jordan loading screen while it was connecting to 2k server. I opened it again and canceled the attempt to connect and it said my save description and roster description files were all corrupted then I just tried to download the roster again and it crashed after I downloaded it. So I checked my steam game folder and my local and remote folders are gone. So I'm currently re-installing the game which isnt a huge deal (I should be studying anyway) but can someone maybe explain to me what went wrong so I can avoid this once game is re-installed.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I used the offline roster file because I couldn't find your 2kshare roster file after many searches of your online Id and the content name.

Ps. In the two games I played the roster felt great. I don't really play alot of 2k anymore, but in the games I played it was the most enjoyment I got out of 2k since the UBR. This might just have been me getting lucky, but I noticed the stars played like stars and the role players played like role players and that was great. I've always hated when a rotation guy on the bench is the one giving you problems as opposed to the opposing team's star player

i am happy that u like the roster, well regarding ur issues, the only major thing u might do is to have a clean 2k17 installation once its done, put all the files into the modded folder , then download the roster from 2kshare /my ID is BOT'#6 .

Then it should be fine, regarding the mavs logo i have no idea whay it does not appear, u could also download the logo from 2kshare /also under my gamertag.., for the short shorts option u just need to insert this file http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=9183

ironknight removed it because he tought some shorts dont loog good when they are short, its more a prefer thing..i like them all short..if u have any questions ,just let me know,actually busy with the 1991 dynasty roster :)
laroche23

Postby avetru on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 am

laroche23 wrote:
avetru wrote:Sorry to hear how everything happened, I was under the impression that once the ages were fixed the file would be sent back to one of you two to be released under your own user name, I'm sorry It didn't happen that way. With that being said I wonder if someone could help me with my issues.

i am happy that u like the roster, well regarding ur issues, the only major thing u might do is to have a clean 2k17 installation once its done, put all the files into the modded folder , then download the roster from 2kshare /my ID is BOT'#6 .

Then it should be fine, regarding the mavs logo i have no idea whay it does not appear, u could also download the logo from 2kshare /also under my gamertag.., for the short shorts option u just need to insert this file http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=9183

ironknight removed it because he tought some shorts dont loog good when they are short, its more a prefer thing..i like them all short..if u have any questions ,just let me know,actually busy with the 1991 dynasty roster :)

I forgot to mention as well that a bunch of portraits were missing, is there a specific order that I should be installing the files and does it matter whether I install the files first then download the roster or download the roster then install the files? Sorry for all these questions I'm still generally new to this gen 2k so the installation of mods is a little different then I'm used to.

Thanks for the short shorts file! I'm definitely like you and want every team to have the short shorts. And wow you pick the best seasons to work on, last season that magic and bird were both in the league and the beginning of the bulls dynasty. That's awesome!
avetru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding